Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #178 - Getaway

a7a968fa-f8bc-45cf-91fd-fd3ed2e044fb_zpsnb16y3xp.jpg

NAME: noisybrain

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8925850

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/noisybrain/BnS Challenge 178 Getaway/story

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/noisybrain/slideshow/BnS Challenge 178 Getaway/Lionel and Arden Young

A day in the vacation of Lionel and Arden Young... Lionel is a teacher who is an athletic, bookworm that is also friendly, proper and
    loves the outdoors.
    He surprised Arden with a beautiful Tropical paradise vacation home because he loves her and know she needs some rest and relaxation.
    Arden is a hospice nurse who is a friendly genius, bookworm, and good. She loves the outdoors just as much as her husband.
    Have not uploaded the family just have some pics of them enjoying a day at their new beach cottage.

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:20x15 in Sunlit Tides at the end of Mango Way, Final Cost $34,395

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    This lovely beach cottage is built on a small lot overlooking the ocean in Sunlit Tides at the end of Mango Way.
    Large windows offer panoramic ocean views from anywhere in the cottage.
    Features a covered front porch with the main entry way that leads to an Open concept kitchen and living room and luxurious spa inspired
    bathroom. With a glass enclosed shower a large soaking tub, enclosed toilet and a large double vanity.
    The large comfortable bedroom offers access to a beautiful deck covered by a flower draped pergola.
    Soothing turquois shades color the walls, and white and warm wood accents help to enhance the relaxing mood. This beautiful tropical paradise is
    the perfect setting to indulge in relaxation.
    *the shower had to be moved over and is fixed in the final upload because the previous position would not allow for use

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No custom content
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Wow! Love the entries for this one!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    That's such a pretty house @noisybrain I really like the colours you used
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I love your house Noisybrain!! rec'd
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Getaway: Challenge No. 178

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8925620

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 178
    Password: Youngs (Note: is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 X 15; Placed lot in Isla Paradiso; Final cost: 34,937

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I ended up building three separate homes for this challenge trying to get the feeling just right. The first one I scrapped because it became too boxy and closed in. The second I tossed because of the same thing. Then I came to this, instead of trying to focus on the spaces I was required to place within the building I decided to focus on the actual feeling I'd been lacking. The logical question I asked myself was what is relaxing, what is the first thing that comes to mind when seeking solace. The answer was water, more specifically running water. So I built a house that had a waterfall. I wanted it to be clean, but also connected to nature and the water. The blue wallpaper along the sides and top are meant to be an almost symbolic waterfall to echo the real one. The second floor catwalk provides access to the waterfall deck and wonderful views. That deck is for when you want to be alone feeling the power of nature whereas the other one is for more casual sitting and conversation. All and all I tried to create a space that was tranquil but also empowering. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    roof_up_original.jpg

NAME: ciane

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8927337

LINK TO MEDIA: included in lot

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: NA

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:15x20, 3 Mango Way, Sunlit Tides. 34,997

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A spa, a hot tub, a fireplace... enjoy the views, sun, and ocean breeze all day long; then, curl up with a good book once the sun goes down.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "no" thank you.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no cc.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #177 THE HOUSE OF DOLLS:
    Your results can be viewed here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited June 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #178 - Getaway

NAME: Kgaff

Tradewinds%2003_zpszwpxpjce.jpg

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8929432

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Tradewinds - The Getaway House BnS 178

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Tradewinds - The Getaway House BnS 178/Lionel and Arden Young

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15, 35,000 ( I spent every penny but due to play testings and tweaks the price really dropped) Built at 5 Mango Way, Sunlit Tides

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I wanted to go really for a real "Island Feel" so I have a thatch roof, no doors on the rear of the house so all those lovely trade winds can flow freely. The front of the house is kept rather plain so all the views are from the interior facing the water. The entire second level is devoted to the master bedroom and bath with a spectacular view from the bath tub :)There is a small garden featuring "salad fixin's and an orange and lime tree for those tropical drinks! Check out the picture frame in the bedroom for photos that Lionel took.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

edited - optional challenge slideshow - Photobucket keeps rearranging the pictures so they are not in the correct order to tell the story.
    Post edited by Kgaff on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    ArikaB, please pardon my thoughtlessness in not offering my condolences sooner on the loss of your grandpa. I popped in quickly and saw the new challenge and didn't really read other recent thread entries until now.

Loving all the entries for Getaway. <3 I will be putting mine up tomorrow or Saturday - just putting the finishing touches on some pictures. The house itself has been done since two days after I saw the challenge. I dove right into this one.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    ArikaB, please pardon my thoughtlessness in not offering my condolences sooner on the loss of your grandpa. I popped in quickly and saw the new challenge and didn't really read other recent thread entries until now.

Loving all the entries for Getaway. <3 I will be putting mine up tomorrow or Saturday - just putting the finishing touches on some pictures. The house itself has been done since two days after I saw the challenge. I dove right into this one.

No worries, @suzses ! Thank you for the condolences. I'm glad you are enjoying the challenge! :smile:
    edited June 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Challenge #178 - Getaway

NAME: suzses

PetiteParadiseCover.jpg

LINK TO LOT: https://www.mediafire.com/?a33p8qa78wntac0

(I've tried everything I can think of but just can't get this up on the exchange.)

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Petite Paradise

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

YoungCollage2.jpg

LINK TO HOUSEHOLD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8930227

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Petite Paradise/The Youngs

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20X15 - Replaced 6 Camino del Ray, an empty 21x15 lot in Isla Paradiso with a 20x15 - $34960.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I decided to place my lot in Isla Paradiso, a choice mainly inspired by a tile-roofed vacation home I had found, and tried to find some harmony between the island's colorful vibe and the "soothing colors" to be used for the challenge. As mentioned above a 21x15 lot existed at the location I chose, which I replaced with a 20x15. I love the way it overlooks the water and is just uphill from a small beach.

Lot upload description: Overlooking the natural stone arch near Crystal Waters Beach on Isla Paradiso, this open yet private vacation home offers beautiful ocean views in a relaxing setting. One-bedroom, one-bath with spa. Uses content from Sunlit Tides and other store items. No CC; some CAP. For Build N Share Challenge #178 Getaway - by suzses.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: 3 wood and wicker CAP patterns, not my own.
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I edited my post above to add mediafire link for the lot. I just cannot get this lot to upload and have no idea why. It's been custard checked, has no CC, just 3 CAP patterns that's I've used in other uploads. The only thing I haven't tried is uploading it without any cover photo change, which I really didn't want to do.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Just checked back and saw this new challenge - I'm gonna try and toss something together in time!
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Intermediate results for 177 are now up.
  • noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member
    Thanks @iampes23 and @Storietime I appreciate it! :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    ISHTARJMD wrote: »
    Intermediate results for 177 are now up.

Thanks for the feedback, I learn a lot of things doing these challenges.

Oops, poor sims without toilet paper, my bad. It used to be the kitchen sink I left out!!!
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2016
    s3UOIEG.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Challenge 178# - Getaway

NAME: Storietime

LINK TO LOT: Clicky

LINK TO MEDIA: Clicky

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 x 15 lot size, built in Sunlit Tides. Final price is something like $34,999 (I didn't note it down, but its right under the budget of 35k)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Designed as the perfect getaway, this little house has an open plan downstairs, featuring a large kitchen, a dining area that can sat four people, and a large living room full of bookcases. The house has wonderful relaxing views of the ocean from all angles, and has a lovely seating area out the back, surrounded by blossoming flowers and crashing waves; the perfect area for sims to relax and snooze under the summer sun.
    Upstairs is a single bedroom and a large bathroom split into two, allowing more room and privacy. There is also a large upstairs balcony, ready for your sims to furnish and use how they wish. I ran out of money to furnish it myself

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Credit to everyone who created things I used

G7zjWgB.png
    Challenge #178 Getaway is now closed. Stay tuned for the next challenge!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #179 - Summer Designer Showdown

Welcome to the Summer Designer Showdown! It's like our previous showdowns, but with a twist! Download the foundation from the Exchange to be placed at 72 Water Lily Lane in Sunset Valley (formerly The Monotone), and then choose from one of three Sims as your inspiration. You have one month and $50K Simoleons to create a house that fits the Sim of your choice. We must be able to tell which Sim you chose based on your style of build.

Meet the Sims:
    2932679c-1474-4a48-8ea4-bbd5139ee7d3_zpswi0hhvpl.jpg

On the left we have Felipe Cardoso who is on his way to becoming a Superstar Athlete. He is athletic, charismatic, a daredevil, a party animal, and a vehicle enthusiast. He is a Leo who loves chili con carne, Latin music, and the color yellow.

In the center we have Dorian Velvet. Dorian is a Gemini who is working toward rock stardom. He is artistic, brooding, dramatic, rebellious, and quite the virtuoso. He loves sushi, Dark Wave music, and the color black.

And finally we have Neil Hawthorne. Neil is building a business empire and positioned to be the next CEO of Sunset Valley. This silver fox is ambitious, a genius, a perfectionist, a schmoozer, and a bit of a snob. This Capricorn prefers porcini risotto, French music, and the color aqua.

You must choose between one of these three Sims as your Simspiration for the build. You may create your own version of your Sim or download all three here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8934503

Download the foundation here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8934502 If you don't want to download from the Exchange or can't for some reason, you may recreate the foundation exactly based on this photo:

cfce30f7-1850-4810-a7aa-9ad26dc12538_zpsddfxjcog.jpg

The Brief:

- Download the foundation and place at 72 Water Lily Lane in SV (20x30 lot) OR recreate it exactly
    - Choose a Sim and an appropriate style of build based on his particular characteristics
    - 2 bedrooms
    - At least 1 bathroom
    - Kitchen
    - Dining area (can be part of the kitchen, or separate)
    - Living room
    - Special area to appeal to your Sim's traits
    - Full landscaping
    - Do not add to or remove from the foundation footprint. You may not add foundation elsewhere on the lot either.
    - Budget $50K

Optional Challenge:

Show the Sim of your choice using his new home.

Deadline: Sunday, July 31st, 2016, Midnight CST
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Work overtook all of my time in the past couple of weeks. I missed the last challenge and didn't quite finish, but I really love the lot that I was building so I just wanted to share a picture of the backside that overlooked the beach. I'm going to finish it anyway and save it to match the lot from another challenge that I liked so much I'm building a modern-style area in town.

Screenshot-413_zpsayf87nek.jpg
    What a bummer that you didn't have a chance to complete it, Paneinger! It looks like you were off to a great start!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

I have a few quick questions regarding the newest challenge before I get my heart set on anything.

1) Will we be allowed to delete the interior foundation pieces to pinch a few pennies?

2) Are we allowed to change the height of the foundation, i.e. make it taller or shorter using CFE?

3) Assuming the answer to questions one and two is yes. Are we allowed to replace part of the foundation with regular wall and use the interior space of the foundation. ( a in-ground garage or bonus room) ?

Okay thanks.
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
    mederouin wrote: »
    I have a few quick questions regarding the newest challenge before I get my heart set on anything.

1) Will we be allowed to delete the interior foundation pieces to pinch a few pennies?

2) Are we allowed to change the height of the foundation, i.e. make it taller or shorter using CFE?

3) Assuming the answer to questions one and two is yes. Are we allowed to replace part of the foundation with regular wall and use the interior space of the foundation. ( a in-ground garage or bonus room) ?

Okay thanks.

@mederouin

1) No

2) Yes

3) No

***You can add walls that are not on additional foundation, like an outbuilding or sunken room using CFE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I also have a question-can part of the footprint be used as decking/ a porch, or does it all have to be house?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I also have a question-can part of the footprint be used as decking/ a porch, or does it all have to be house?

I sincerely hope so. The house is on a foundation and stairs need a landing to which they connect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top