Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    I sort of do both, sort of don't. I've never written out full chapters before screens, nor have I captured screens in bulk and write later. I basically do a storyboard in editor, so I have a guide to go by, and then snap screens. This has worked for me and it's really easy.
    Wow you do a storyboard? How does that work, what site do you use? Sounds so cool haha :p

You can use any programme that allows you to draw out tables or panels. I basically do a chapter of X amount of panels and jot inside a general outline of what's to happen for that scene. I don't get too involved and detailed because my mind is always changing. Sometimes my best ideas come when I'm capturing screenshots. I do make sure to bullet point the important stuff. Like I'll note specific dates, so story time lines don't clash, etc. But otherwise it's simply written out like: "Desiree meets Elliot for lunch. Conversation is awkward. She confides the truth." BOOM, easy peasy. :D
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Lizzie1234 Yes to both, for me! I write all my chapters beforehand, and sometimes I write 2-3 of them before going in and screenshotting them all at once :blush:
    Ah wow, it's funny because I never do that with Lilliana but all of my short story entries I did haha :p what is it you prefer about it, or is it just the way you feel like doing it? :p

I like having a 100% set "image" in my mind for what pictures I need. When I write ahead of time, I know exactly what screenshots I need to take when I go in the game :blush:

And (I know you were replying to someone else, not me haha) but in regards to the sims becoming just models to pose instead of actually being played, I try to find a decent balance between the two :blush: I pose my sims for the shots I need, then play them for a little while and have some fun. Then rinse and repeat :tongue: Some days I JUST screenshot. Some days I get distracted and just play. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I need to spend more time gameplaying. And this is probably just me :D but for some reason I have a super hard time gaming with simlit sims. Could be part of my OCD, haha. So basically, I create sims just for gameplay, and I create sims just for simlit. I've never mixed the two. I know, it's so weird, surely not normal lol.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Lizzie1234 Yes to both, for me! I write all my chapters beforehand, and sometimes I write 2-3 of them before going in and screenshotting them all at once :blush:
    Ah wow, it's funny because I never do that with Lilliana but all of my short story entries I did haha :p what is it you prefer about it, or is it just the way you feel like doing it? :p

I like having a 100% set "image" in my mind for what pictures I need. When I write ahead of time, I know exactly what screenshots I need to take when I go in the game :blush:

And (I know you were replying to someone else, not me haha) but in regards to the sims becoming just models to pose instead of actually being played, I try to find a decent balance between the two :blush: I pose my sims for the shots I need, then play them for a little while and have some fun. Then rinse and repeat :tongue: Some days I JUST screenshot. Some days I get distracted and just play. :)

i might try prewriting again today. but i have to go to the other place my mind wanders first ...................... work.
  • Options
    In WP I'm logged in, I hardly ever log out, but I'm finding that I'm unable to leave Likes on people's blogs... I've tried to on several of yours and it won't let me. I'll click on the button and it'll do nothing - zip - nada. Any ideas?
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Just an announcement to @CathyTea @Julyvee94 @eXokamikaze @BBQPenguinWings @mastressalita and anyone else who may be interested.

After all my issues and a far longer break than advertised I am reviving my "UNEQUIVOCALLY us" story.

happy-birthday.png?

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    its exhausting. there i am in bed minding my own business and suddenly this idea pops in my head.since its the middle of the night and nobody makes glow in the dark paper i have to rember til i wake up.
    Wow that's impressive!
    You can use any programme that allows you to draw out tables or panels. I basically do a chapter of X amount of panels and jot inside a general outline of what's to happen for that scene. I don't get too involved and detailed because my mind is always changing. Sometimes my best ideas come when I'm capturing screenshots. I do make sure to bullet point the important stuff. Like I'll note specific dates, so story time lines don't clash, etc. But otherwise it's simply written out like: "Desiree meets Elliot for lunch. Conversation is awkward. She confides the truth." BOOM, easy peasy. :D
    That sounds great, similar to me I have pages of bullet points haha :p at this point I limit myself to three bullet points per chapter to summarise the story line for that one and go from there otherwise I overcomplicate it haha

Yeah that sounds fair.
    No I'm just starting a discussion, chip in anywhere haha :D Wow I couldn't have an entire day dedicated to screenshotting, I tried that last night to get myself caught up because my heiress was getting a little older than I'd like for what was occurring and I actually got bored :joy: I try to find a balance too, because if I just play then I get distracted and end up making a 100 baby challenge... *cough* :tongue:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    we spent a whole page talking about writing that almost never happens. lol.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

Waffles.

There fixed that :P
  • Options

@friendsfan367 I just giglged :lol: It's sad, but true :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Lmao @Munterbacon that gardener's outfit is on point xD who is she trying to assassinate while hiding among the blueberries?

Perhaps the fighting old man or Kasumi's ex? :D
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Evening guys!

I'm about to head off to bed soon, but before I do, here's an update from Suzume & Co. :)

Their scheduled gardener is so funny! She always turns up to work in the weirdest outfits, and they are always different.
    ninjagardener.jpg
    I'll try and remember to capture the brilliance that is her work wardrobe!

It's time for another adventure as the girls check out Alien Night at the bar.
    adventuregirls.jpg

So far, no aliens.
    adventuregirls2.jpg
    Just some incredibly gorgeous Nakamura girls :D

Asuka and Mako moved over to the Jukebox after they'd finished their drinks.
    adventuregirls4.jpg

While Kasumi managed to find a few aliens to talk to.
    alienchat.jpg

She ended up getting probed by both of them...
    kasumiprobed.jpg
    But don't worry, as she actually kind of enjoyed it! ;)

Looks like Mako is dreaming about a handsome Alien taking her off to the stars this time.
    adventuregirls3.jpg

Kasumi decided to break out some moves, trying to encourage her sisters to join her.
    adventuregirls5.jpg

It worked.
    adventuregirls6.jpg

Has Mako found her Star-Prince?
    adventuregirls7.jpg
    Kasumi thinks not! :D

HA! Ninja warrior gardner lol. Those girls SLAY! Hope everyone knows they’re under age. ;) LOL

I wish I'd taken pictures of some of her other outfits :( If they don't know they're under age, they know who their mother is! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Just an announcement to @CathyTea @Julyvee94 @eXokamikaze @BBQPenguinWings @mastressalita and anyone else who may be interested.

After all my issues and a far longer break than advertised I am reviving my "UNEQUIVOCALLY us" story.

happy-birthday.png?

AWESOME! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I feel proud that I got us talking about writing now :joy:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Happy timezones! Just got in from a day of volunteering how are we all?
    Also, a writing question which I'm sure has been asked a thousand times, but do people actually write their chapter first before even screenshotting it? Have you ever written a lot of chapters then screenshotted them in bulk? :p
    MCvZa3n.png

Oh, I'm doing quite well, thank you. :) (For now, anyway. It's been another long day, and this has already crashed on me once)

As for your question, I used to do screenshots first, then text. (Now I just do text :D)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »
    MCvZa3n.png

Oh, I'm doing quite well, thank you. :) (For now, anyway. It's been another long day, and this has already crashed on me once)

As for your question, I used to do screenshots first, then text. (Now I just do text :D)
    I'm glad you're doing well :)
    Ah ok, I screenshot then do text. What made you stop using screenshots? :p
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Ah ok, I screenshot then do text. What made you stop using screenshots? :p

An unstable laptop. The one I used to play the game on was going downhill, and the game itself was having a lot of its own problems. So I cut my losses and went the text-only route.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello! Here's the next chapter to The Fey of Life! It's the end of an era, or at least the end of a long journey. But new journeys begin from the ashes of the old one.

Chapter 22: Rebirth
    2mm9lST.jpg

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey @Lizzie1234! I do both. For my game driven stories, I get the screenshots first because—naturally—I have to play to get them lol. For my story-driven stories, I mostly write first and then get the pictures later. The only time I get pictures first for them is if I’m not exactly sure how I want to write something and need to see it first.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    I hope everyone is having a nice Thursday. I can't believe how quickly this week has passed so far.

@CathyTea suggested that I go ahead and post this here. I'm forming a new Reading Circle called "The Reader's Nook" and am looking for five more people to join. There are 7 slots in all - two (including a slot for me) are filled. If anyone is interested in joining it, click here

This is a Reading Circle formed from the main Reading Circles thread. You can find that link in @CathyTea 's siggy or in the intro to the circle thread.

Have a SimTastic day, everyone. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    SubtleSimmingSubtleSimming Posts: 196 Member
    Hey guys! I just wanted to share my next post in An Unclean Slate if you were interested ;)

Chapter 1.2: A Clean Slate

Also, I had a question for y'all: do you typically work on one story at a time? Or do y'all work on and release multiple stories at once? Just out of curiosity!!
  • Options
    Guess what?! My Photoshop arrived in the mail today! Looks like I will be back in the swing of editing soon. It's been driving me nuts that I haven't been able to prep for my model competitions.

Anyway, my husband and I, and our kids, and are headed southbound on the road to enjoy July 4 festivities. Hope everyone has a great rest the week. I will pop in later.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Canada's holiday is tomorrow
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    which name is better for David's female alias "Celine FarfromPooping" or "Plumbum Van Poutine"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @SubtleSimming - I will have to check out your story. It sounds quite interesting and will be easy to catch up on since you just started it. :)

Ah, not me. LOL. I have several stories I'm working on and attempt to update as often as I can. Forever in Time is the one with the most chapters and the one I update most often. I love all my stories and characters, but Forever in Time is my absolute favorite.

I guess I'm just scattered that way and can't stick to just one at a time.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @SubtleSimming I focus about 90% into one story, but I do have a side story (which I only update once a month or less, on average :lol: ) I have the side story because it's so different from my usual drama-filled stories, and it's nice to have a break every now and then ;)

I also write short stories for the monthly short story challenges here on the forums :blush: Those offer a nice break from my legacy too! But otherwise, I put most of my energy into my main story (which used to be Dust to Dust, and is now Ashes to Ashes :blush:)
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top