Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The battle station

I am confused why the foil cards are no different then the normal cards when you are battling someone and I don't actually get this card thing anyways. Can some explain it to me.
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Comments

• CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    It's not that different from a lot of collectible card games, irl. Many have rare versions of cards that work the same while playing the game but are simply worth more because there are comparitively fewer of them.

So, foils are often about the collection part of TCGs intead of about game play.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Ok Thanks but I think that having that thing in the house will be disastrous if I want the kids to study and instead they are playing video games LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Well that part's realistic, too lol
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I believe a guru in the Livestream said that they have the battle station coded so that kids won't use it autonomously. I haven't tested this in game myself to see if it's true or not. I think you're more in danger of them playing games on the computer then you are on the new station.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @3KNPen its not autonomous. Also, there's actually no extra value in the foil editions...it says £5 for both cards..
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    There should be a value difference for foil compared to normal card. In the live stream there was a difference of about $30 or so.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    @NZsimm3r I had an earth type that was worth £5 then I got a limited foil one too and it said £5...it was one of the ones u can get as a wall sticker.. It uses.pollen to charm but not good at defense I think
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    The value of the foil version might depend on the value of the regular version. A rare version might be $30 while a common might be worth the same or only a little bit more.
    ~ ~ ~
    @3KNPen it has it on another card too.. A wind type but I'm not sure what its called
    @ChloeDeCookie Hmm... I'll have to check later but I'm sure some of my normals-foils have price differences. I didn't really pay much attention yesterday to the prices tbh.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    @NZsimm3r u will? Thanks ^-^ the card it did it on was a pink type one that looked like it had leaves at the bottom and is adorable and like a little pear drop type thing with slight pink and earth type. Its also common
    Actually... @mcrudd can you have a look at all your cards and tell us about the price difference? (if there is any etc)

@ChloeDeCookie I'll ask here over on the Aussie forum too as she has completed the entire collection. :)

@NZsimm3r thanks a lot..
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Actually... @mcrudd can you have a look at all your cards and tell us about the price difference? (if there is any etc)

@ChloeDeCookie I'll ask here over on the Aussie forum too as she has completed the entire collection. :)

@NZsimm3r not a problem, here they are grouped according to catagory ;)

Canis 44 and 55 rare
    Cyprin 12 and 15 uncommon
    Fissure 12 and 15 uncommon
    Yorier 4 and 5 common

Vulpes 12 and 15 uncommon
    Wickyn 12 and 15 uncommon
    Veild 44 and 55 rare
    Wisp 4 and 5 common

Mytheme 12 and 15 uncommon
    Nymphaea 4 adn 5 common
    Simgaia 12 and 15 uncommon
    Suintor 44 and 55 rare

Avesu 12 and 15 uncommon
    Meduso 4 and 5 common
    Arcticorn 44 and 55 rare
    Nimbus 12 and 15 uncommon

Bubalus 12 and 15 uncommon
    Pleuro 12 and 15 uncommon
    Dicoatl 44 and 55 rare
    Kampos 4 and 5 common

Lower price is non foil and higher price is foil :)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited July 2016
    It's just like a special edition of something, thus more expensive. It doesn't mean the voidcritters will be better and stronger in the battle arena. That all depends on their level. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    :star: Wow @mcrudd thank you for that super awesome list! :star:

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    :star: Wow @mcrudd thank you for that super awesome list! :star:

Huge pleasure, happy simming :)