Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp♥ ~ Closed

Comments

• Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    edited June 2016
    Aww thank you @Pebblycat and @pammiechick <3 Everyone's entries looks so nice! I think this might turn into an intermediate competition overtime LOL

EDITED TO ADD: ah, so yeah. Mine isn't actually an entry (oops), but rather as an example to see what the challenge is looking for, though it's kinda late now isn't it LOL. Sorry for the confusion ><
    Post edited by gramatique on
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @pammiechick It is, but we have quite a few people verging onto intermediate (not entirely there or just reaching the peak). :3 Plus, I do have a few things that we are teaching that lead into intermediate, but not many.

Fantastic entries everyone! <3 Can't wait to start judging!

Just so everyone knows, Gramatique's photo isn't an actual submission. xD
  • Options
    Sign-ups are now officially closed!
    I still have 1 who is submitting later and the rest I am just waiting to hear from, as I am unsure if they are still continuing. If you are not continuing, please say so!

Scores will be up as soon as possible. Even though this is a non-elimination comp, I tend to hold off on putting up the next assignment. The reason for this is so that someone doesn't repeat a mistake in the next image that may be discussed in the scores for the previous image. It's better to learn, then take steps, not leap head first into a situation, so this is why I do this. xD

Speaking of scores, our new permanent judge is @gramatique! Please give them a warm welcome!
    GramatiqueJudgeHeadshot1.png~original

I still can't remember what else I was going to say....So here is a hint instead for the next assignment!

Assignment Hint: Angles. Get those cameras ready!

@pammiechick @ChloeDeCookie @ForeverFranconia @buydebug @XLexisimsX @EmmaSmile @Chaos_Fairy @alexis3142 @Zita1966z @Mzsammyrose @Pebblycat @MissBirdie @strawberrigurl @HappyPanda @XLexisimsX @KenzRe @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Please take care of me.

hDTUEdo.gif
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    gramatique wrote: »
    Challenge 01 Mock: Blanc et Noir Haute Couture
    Chae-won Lee

QpirEtr.png

If I could I would totally submit a desaturated version instead (x), I feel like it's so much better than the black and white haha.

Wooow this is stunning!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yay @gramatique will judge! She definitely is NOT a beginner! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @gramatique I love that gif! xD

And yessss, Tique's edit is just gorgeous. <3 She absolutely nailed it (which is why it's an example xD).

Did anyone see Game of Thrones today? O_____O
    *Flips table in excitement*
    I don't want to wait for Season 7 though. :bawling:
    Edit: P.S. No posting spoilers! xD
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Ahhh please no spoilers on Game Of Thrones! We are a bit behind in watching it :o
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    @Pebblycat No, no! I'd never! O___O I want to see how many people are hyped after that episode. xD And for next season. I seriously believe the seasons are just too short for a book series like this. >_<
    I edited my post to remind people not to. xD

Okay, bedtime now. *Yawns* :sleeping:
  • Options
    Chaos_FairyChaos_Fairy Posts: 324 Member
    I have to wait for my husband to come home before I am allowed to watch Game of Thrones. :|
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Eeps! Can't wait to watch! We get it tonight but have to wait on my sister to watch. Probably tomorrow. *bites nails*
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I'm waiting on my boyfriend to catch up so we can watch it! Eeeeekk too excitedddd.
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited June 2016
    @gramatique I love that gif! xD

And yessss, Tique's edit is just gorgeous. <3 She absolutely nailed it (which is why it's an example xD).

Did anyone see Game of Thrones today? O_____O
    *Flips table in excitement*
    I don't want to wait for Season 7 though. :bawling:
    Edit: P.S. No posting spoilers! xD

Haha been watching episode's 7.8.9.10 (final) earlier tonight, we download it and I binged on popcorn and snacks with my eyes glued to the screen !! Brutal is all I am saying.....lol ... maybe I should bring a Game of Thrones Theme into one of my challenges...yes I should..that would be awesome.. **does crazy laugh** and runs to the iron throne 2 rule the world **
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    episode nine absolutely killed the finale though. they should have spent the same amount of money on that too to give a killer finale!
  • Options
    Awwww D: I hate the idea of waiting, but at the same time it's an interesting experience to watch with others. More people to go "Waaaaaat!?" with! xD
    I hope most of you got to watch it finally! O_O *Runs around in circles*
    @Zita1966z Binge watching! <3 Omg, it was, wasn't it? I am so glad you did a challenge based on it though! Very cute! I was thinking myself about launching a comp for it, but I'm debating on how it would work. It would be a complicated set up, and a lot of work for some assignments, that's for sure. xD And probably semi-brutal (wouldn't want it toooo bad), etc.....So it would have to be held on Simmetry due to the adult nature of it and EA's strict rules. If I held it here, EA would ban it (or me) as soon the doors opened. :sweat:
    I'll debate more on the set-up later. For now, this comp. xDD

Liiiiittle update <3
    I have received both scores now. Right now I am going through and double checking them, finishing mine, and finishing up the A1/C1 briefs and waiting on the examples (the assignment/challenge are a bit out of the ordinary). They should be up tonight if I can manage it, (I do have an assignment myself to finish and tomorrow I'm gone all day :confounded: ). If not the scores, at least the brief and challenge so everyone can read them and prepare (not submit), as I do believe the challenge is going to be quite difficult! Assignment less so (well, depending on the person).

I added a reminder to the rules since I know we have quite a few new models (and for any future new models popping in).
    Remember, models are not allowed to be altered during the competition. This is a standard requirement for majority of comps and is explained in the guide. You can't change the body, skin, eyes, skin details (freckles, beauty marks, scars, etc.), and tattoos (if possible for skin details and tattoos, I know some are placed with makeup and can accidentally be changed). You can change the hair color and style though (this may change depending on the host), as well as anything else if the host/assignment/challenge asks for it. For example, if we do a fantasy assignment/challenge that requires a creature edit, you can add contacts, change the skin, and do other things to make the creature as close as possible. Once the assignment/challenge is over you revert back to the models original appearance.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BCAssignments.png~original

Mock - Splish, Splash!

Welcome beginning models! ;)
    For the mock we are not covering any tutorials yet. That isn't until Assignment 1. Instead, I want you to show me what you already know from previous experience. And if you have no experience whatsoever, that's fine too! I just want you to show me where you are at in terms of modeling and editing experience.

The theme for this week is a fashionable trip to a body of water. Place your model near/in a beach, pool, lake, or water park, etc., dressed in a fashionable swimsuit for the occasion. This is a fashion editorial, so make sure to accessorize and give her the proper makeup. If you don't know what a fashion editorial is, that is okay. We'll be doing an in depth tutorial on fashion and modeling terms later. For now, use Google or ask around! ;) Remember, this is meant to show me what you're made of, so don't be afraid to go all out with editing and creativity!

(If you need help with the very basics such as saving, opening an image, camera controls, etc., let me know! I have minitutorials available that I made very quickly for some individuals.)

Requirements
    • One image
    • No extras
    • Partial or full bodyshot
    • Fashion editorial
    • Make sure to accessorize and pay attention to makeup and hair
    • Source of body of water that your model is near or in
    • Be creative ;) (and no font!)
    • Don't forget to read the scoring sections slightly below this, they will help you!

Example:
    710a2f7b793b4668c614da164dc22792.jpg

Example by @xJojox
    BsPwYFU.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BCChallenges.png~original
    Challenge Mock - Blanc et Noir Haute Couture
    My French is a little rusty, sorry if they are out of order!

If you read everything, you should know that these are optional, so if you don't want to do them, you don't have to! I highly recommend doing them though as they are a great source of experience. For the challenge mock I want to keep this very simple so to not overwhelm anybody joining.
    I want a haute couture shot, any location, with a black and white filter over it (a black and white image in other words). You can be as extravagant as you want (not too extravagant or we'd go into extreme fashion!) with the clothes and be creative with any other edits/effects. Again, it's okay if you're unfamiliar with the terms, we'll be covering them later.

(If you need help with the very basics such as saving, opening an image, camera controls, etc., let me know! I have minitutorials available that I made very quickly for some individuals.)

Requirements
    • One image
    • No extras
    • Full bodyshot
    • Haute couture
    • Any location
    • Make sure to accessorize and pay attention to makeup and hair
    • Black and white image
    • Be creative ;) (and no font!)
    • Don't forget to read the scoring sections slightly below this, they will help you!

Example:
    CM%20-%20Example.jpg~original

Example by @gramatique
    QpirEtr.png
  • Options
    Some updates to the thread! The judges have decided to have some fun with the challenges (and possibly assignments) and are now doing examples to accompany the briefs. I think they will be very helpful to you guys and show exactly what I am looking for. :3 (I am not doing any examples myself, btw. xD)

We've so far decided on changing the name of the comp, we're just working out the kinks.

2 models are in contact and still working to get their stuff in. We're rooting for you guys!

I totally forgot to add this to the front page under "What to Expect"! So sorry! :anguished:
    [*] If you are struggling with ideas, need help, or want to attempt an idea but you're not sure how, please ask us! We are here to help you. While we can't do any of the editing/work for you, we can link, write our own mini-tutorials, or explain in great detail on how to do something, etc. Please do no hesitate to ask us!

Assignment 1 and Challenge 1 have been released! Sorry for the slight delay.
    Remember, the tutorials will be released later in the week (slightly after 7 days), and we are not doing any editing for A1. There may be some terms and explanations in the tutorials that could possibly change your score by a small margin (for example, some of you are unaware of where to cut off for a partial body shot), so submit only if you are confident, or the tutorials have come out. Otherwise they are not needed due to most of you having enough experience.

Remember, if everyone submits their assignment, and no one says they are doing the challenge, we jump to scoring! If you would like to finish the challenge on time, remember to tell me that you are working on it! If we do move ahead and you never knew everyone submitted, just make sure to submit still for a point or two subtracted.

I updated the scoring breakdown to include more of what we are looking for, and to show where certain things land in the rubric.

I am still finishing my scores. Right now it's very late though (9 am) so I will finish them when I wake up. Very soon models!
    (I wrote "SSIP" in the title to indicate "Scoring Still In Progress". Hopefully it's not offensive or anything, you never know!)

If you have any questions, ask!! Night models!

@pammiechick @ChloeDeCookie @ForeverFranconia @buydebug @XLexisimsX @EmmaSmile @Chaos_Fairy @alexis3142 @Zita1966z @Mzsammyrose @Pebblycat @MissBirdie @strawberrigurl @HappyPanda @XLexisimsX @KenzRe @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    *Lurker noises*
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I hope you get some well deserved rest @MizoreYukii <3

Also, good luck everyone! I'm looking forward to how you tackle the angles. ^~^

ovV1I2e.gif
  • Options
    Sorry im late with my example @MizoreYukii, @gramatique asked if i was doing one. Here it is:

BsPwYFU.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    So can I enter this anytime as a mock?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    as a lurker/contestant yes :)the mock has been done ... but you enter now doing NEW assignments and/or challenges :) see post #4/pg1 on this thread to get the details!
  • Options
    Just seen the new challenge :# I have never been able to make pose player work on my PC so I don't know what I'm going to do.. haha, I'll have to keep trying :D