Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I didn't expect the adoption announcement would be such a mood killer. I thought the girls would be excited. What worries Farrah? It's not like she was alone and needed her parents' attention. She's got Maxine now. I can't get over how cute he is. :love:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    @Sterretjeee I agree with @Maladi777 :) She's too adult to feel in such way and she has Maxime ;) And it means someday she'll have her own children with him if only she'll want that :D I read your story every time when you post a new chapter, so... It's just my personal opinion ;)
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I didn't expect the adoption announcement would be such a mood killer. I thought the girls would be excited. What worries Farrah? It's not like she was alone and needed her parents' attention. She's got Maxine now. I can't get over how cute he is. :love:

I really really love how everyone thinks Farrah is jealous :lol:
    Like you said, it sounds pretty weird if these were her feelings. There are multiples reasons why she could be hesitant to the idea of her parents adopting a child. Think about it ;)
    It will sort of come out in a future chapter, so I won't fully explain her reasons yet :blush:

And thank you! I absolutely adore Maxime myself. He's almost entirely game-generated. (Only tweaked him a little bit #VainSimmer :lol:)
    @Sterretjeee I agree with @Maladi777 :) She's too adult to feel in such way and she has Maxime ;) And it means someday she'll have her own children with him if only she'll want that :D I read your story every time when you post a new chapter, so... It's just my personal opinion ;)

Oh don't worry! I love it that everyone voices their opinion. It assures me that people like my story enough to think further than just what they read :lol:
    As I said to Maladi: There are more reason than just jealousy to feel hesitant to the idea of your parents adopting another child. The fact that she's an adult makes that she has these feelings. Patience little grasshopper, It'll be brought up in another chapter. :)
  • jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member
    I'm guessing Farrah and Maxime may be expecting, what with the mention of her nursery... But we shall see!
    jswizzle wrote: »
    I'm guessing Farrah and Maxime may be expecting, what with the mention of her nursery... But we shall see!

That's one insightful for you! I can't tell anything yet, but I love that you read between the lines <3

3.16 One-up

8-6-16_16-39-51.png

"Farrah?" Maxime wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her a little closer. They had just finished watching a movie together, like they did every Sunday, and it would only be a matter of time before Maxime would grab his coat and head home. "Can I stay?" Or not. "Sure, but you have work tomorrow. Are you sure you want to stay the night?" Farrah asked, slowly turning her head his direction. "I mean, I must have some shirt of yo..."

8-6-16_16-39-18.png

"Stay with you, Farrah. Stay here." He said, softly squeezing her shoulder. "Stay with me?" Farrah repeated. "Yes." He said, his eyes never letting go of hers. Yet Farrah still managed to look away. "You mean..." She started. "Moving in, yes." He finished. "Don't you think we are ready for that?" He then asked. Farrah shuffled uncomfortable. To be honest she wasn't ready for any step they took, she didn't know why and took them anyway, but moving in was quite something. "I won't sell my apartment just yet, okay?" He reassured.

8-6-16_16-41-09.png

"Unless you want me to sell it?" The hairs on Farrah's neck stood up right. "I uhmm..." She stuttered, giving the wished answer was so much easier. "You.." Maxime laughed. "I get it, the apartment won't be passed on just yet." Farrah smiled relieved. "Are you okay with me moving in, though?" Maxime then asked. "Yes." Farrah gave in, she couldn't rely on their relationship surviving baby-steps her entire life after all. "Great, I'll get my stuff significantly, okay?"

8-6-16_16-38-39.png

"Okay." Farrah repeated. Maxime softly kissed her forehead. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." She answered, taking a deep breath. Maxime was practically here every day, why was him moving in such a border? Why did everything feel so difficult? Just keep breathing, Farrah told herself, it's just unfamiliar that's all.

8-6-16_16-40-46.png

Maxime's lips took Farrah by surprise, softly she responded to his kiss. "You're really making me happy, Farrah. I hadn't thought that I would ever find someone like you anymore." Farrah turned a deep shade of crimson. "I... Thank you. I..." No words could one-up his. No one could one-up this man.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I just got caught up (Yay!) and I don't like Maxime, he's really putting too much pressure on Farrah. He blackmailed her into their first date and now he's pushed his way into her home. I'm excited about the two upcoming nooboos, though! :)
    I can relate to Farrah, I'm "baby steps" person too and don't like changes. :smile: I only hope Maxine's intentions are only good. :smile:
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I don't know but probably Farrah should have tried to get the baby-steps she wanted...
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm not exactly sure if I have a good feeling about this...
    I just got caught up (Yay!) and I don't like Maxime, he's really putting too much pressure on Farrah. He blackmailed her into their first date and now he's pushed his way into her home. I'm excited about the two upcoming nooboos, though! :)

Glad you caught up! <3
    Interesting way to think about Maxime.. The opinions on him are so divided right now!
    And yes! Both Troian and Tatum are expecting now <3
    I can relate to Farrah, I'm "baby steps" person too and don't like changes. :smile: I only hope Maxine's intentions are only good. :smile:

Farrah's personality wouldn't really match a fast pace ;)
    Yet to maintain a relationship means to make sacrifices... For both of them, that's something Maxime might need to learn though. We'll certainly learn how much he's into this relationship!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I don't know but probably Farrah should have tried to get the baby-steps she wanted...

That would've been the most comfortable for her, but to maintain a relationship is to make sacrifices. Let's hope Maxime will make them too!
    I'm not exactly sure if I have a good feeling about this...

Dun, dun, duuuuun! :lol:
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    I don't know, I think when something feels right you shouldn't question it. So hesitation is just a natural response to uncertainty. In this case Max is so certain, I am still trying to figure out Farrahs pauses. Hmmm...I do like Max alot though and I am hoping get to find out more about Farrah she is more of a closed book to me at the moment which is weird because I have followed her growing up still had remained a mystery in her ya phase.

Thanks for the update!! <3
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Max is adult man and he has some serious intentions, but I think as Farrah is much younger than he (if I'm right) she needs something different a bit, not so mature things... But maybe she'll be ok with her new life later, we'll see ;)
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    I don't know, I think when something feels right you shouldn't question it. So hesitation is just a natural response to uncertainty. In this case Max is so certain, I am still trying to figure out Farrahs pauses. Hmmm...I do like Max alot though and I am hoping get to find out more about Farrah she is more of a closed book to me at the moment which is weird because I have followed her growing up still had remained a mystery in her ya phase.

That sentence I bolted, think about it. Really think about it, it's such a big hint :lol:
    You're actually getting somewhere other than questioning Farrah's unlikely behaviour or seeing Maxime as the big bad and I love it!

And you are very welcome for the update <3

Max is adult man and he has some serious intentions, but I think as Farrah is much younger than he (if I'm right) she needs something different a bit, not so mature things... But maybe she'll be ok with her new life later, we'll see ;)

Ooooeehh, I love this theory so much! Yet I can't tell if it's anymore than a theory ;)
    You are right, though! In game Farrah is an young adult, and Maxime is already an adult. So pretty big age gap!

• jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member

That sentence I bolted, think about it. Really think about it, it's such a big hint :lol:
    You're actually getting somewhere other than questioning Farrah's unlikely behaviour or seeing Maxime as the big bad and I love it!

This sentence makes me wonder if maybe Maxime is a stalker or something... Like he's been watching Farrah grow up and decided long before she knew who he was that she would be his partner in life. Makes his entire presence extremely disturbing to me. I'm worried about Farrah. Maybe they aren't such a good match after all. :o
    edited June 2016
    jswizzle wrote: »

This sentence makes me wonder if maybe Maxime is a stalker or something... Like he's been watching Farrah grow up and decided long before she knew who he was that she would be his partner in life. Makes his entire presence extremely disturbing to me. I'm worried about Farrah. Maybe they aren't such a good match after all. :o

And the conspiracy theories grow wilder and wilder :lol:
    You could always re-read the chapters. I throw in occasional hints and if anything big like this is going on you might be able to predict it.
    I ain't going to shoot your idea, but I'm not going to confirm it either. ;)

Also, maybe focus a little bit more on the mystery part
    I have to admit I'm sort of hoping something sinister happens to add more drama so we could join various #teams etc. :wink:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    I have to admit I'm sort of hoping something sinister happens to add more drama so we could join various #teams etc. :wink:

Well somethings definitely happening! Can't tell what though :lol:
    I reread the part when Farrah and Maxine met. He claimed to admire ambition. Can his ambition be to marry into a legacy family? I don't know how it works in your story if the legacy members are like celebrities there or not. If something shady is about to happen my bet is it is going to have something to do with his ambition.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    I gotta say even I stumped myself with that sentence UGH!! LOL I am so thankful (and so should the world that I am not a detective) I suck b4lls at it LMAO!
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hmf. I think these two are better off friends.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    I reread the part when Farrah and Maxine met. He claimed to admire ambition. Can his ambition be to marry into a legacy family? I don't know how it works in your story if the legacy members are like celebrities there or not. If something shady is about to happen my bet is it is going to have something to do with his ambition.

Now that would be dramatic! I am aiming for drama, so who knows :smirk:
    Oh wait! I do! :lol:

And if you read the chapter where Blue's revealed heir, you'll notice that they're well known in the Newcrest area :)
    I gotta say even I stumped myself with that sentence UGH!! LOL I am so thankful (and so should the world that I am not a detective) I suck b4lls at it LMAO!

Hahaha, good thing I'll reveal all in a matter of time anyway! Now you only need patience :lol:
    Hmf. I think these two are better off friends.

They might be, we'll see how everything developes :)
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    edited June 2016
    Okay, i reread the last few chapters and here are my thoughts on the entire mystery. First of all, Farrah was worried about her parents adopting another child, why? She's too old to feel the need to get attention and Farrah's not the type to be in the spotlight anyway so what could it be? I present two possibilities. Option one, Farrah's worried that with another child, her position as heir could be in jeopardy. Option two, everyone in her family is moving on, growing their families, but here is Farrah, at a standstill. Now, with option one, even though in this legacy, adopted children can't be named the heir, but Farrah wouldn't know that, so it would just be a little drama. With option two, however, it fits perfectly with Maxime and his fast approach to this relationship. If everyone in Farrah's family is having kids, what will Farrah be compelled to do? Have a kid of her own, which just so happens to be what Maxime's ultimate goal is as well, a family to call his own in his late life stage. I doubt the fact that Maxime would have any qualms with pushing Farrah to have a family with him, even though she's clearly not ready for it, accomplishing his goal, but leaving Farrah in a relationship that is more one-sided.

(Edited because I pushed the button before I was done)
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Okay, i reread the last few chapters and here are my thoughts on the entire mystery. First of all, Farrah was worried about her parents adopting another child, why? She's too old to feel the need to get attention and Farrah's not the type to be in the spotlight anyway so what could it be? I present two possibilities. Option one, Farrah's worried that with another child, her position as heir could be in jeopardy. Option two, everyone in her family is moving on, growing their families, but here is Farrah, at a standstill. Now, with option one, even though in this legacy, adopted children can't be named the heir, but Farrah wouldn't know that, so it would just be a little drama. With option two, however, it fits perfectly with Maxime and his fast approach to this relationship. If everyone in Farrah's family is having kids, what will Farrah be compelled to do? Have a kid of her own, which just so happens to be what Maxime's ultimate goal is as well, a family to call his own in his late life stage. I doubt the fact that Maxime would have any qualms with pushing Farrah to have a family with him, even though she's clearly not ready for it, accomplishing his goal, but leaving Farrah in a relationship that is more one-sided.

(Edited because I pushed the button before I was done)

You get a big fat insightful! Thank you so much to take the time to analyze my story that much! It really flatters me! <3That counts for all of you!
    I wish I could give you more information on your theory, but that would be a huge spoiler! So I'll just thank you again! You guys all made my day!
    edited June 2016
    3.17 Haven

8-6-16_20-25-23.png

About 60 years ago, Blue's grandparents were seated where he sat right now. They were waiting for his mother to get her piece of land. Instead of that, she got an entire town. A town that was now his. His daughter's.

But that wasn't what he was waiting for, he had done his part, his daughter had gotten her 'ifs' for her contribution to the town. And then it wouldn't be his worry anymore.

Blue was waiting here for a whole other reason.

8-6-16_20-26-08.png

First they saw a tiny leg, with a tiny black shoe.
    Soon they saw a cream dress above it.
    And before they knew it a young brunette girl appeared from around the corner.
    "Hi." She said, standing shyly around the corner of the wall. Sophia and Blue had met her once or twice before, but this was the first time they were her legal parents.

8-6-16_20-26-46.png

She watched silently until Blue and Sophia acknowledged her, it was like their brains hadn't send a signal to their bodies yet. "Iris!" Sophia was the first to do so. Tears formed in her eyes, but she wept them away. If anyone was allowed to cry, it was the girl who soon would live with strangers. "Blue." She pushed her elbow in his ribs. "Iris!" He said as well. The girl's laugh was worth the world to him. "Are you ready?"

8-6-16_20-27-38.png

"Yes, my stuff is in your car right?" She asked, clearly concerned. "Don't worry." Blue answered, hugging the girl. "We've got everything you had with you." Iris nodded. "Okay." Blue softly squeezed her a little closer. "Don't worry, everything will be okay." He reassured her. Iris nodded at him. "Okay." She said again, carefully smiling.

8-6-16_20-28-42.png

Then Sophia stood forward to hug her. "Are you nervous?" She whispered, making Iris smile broadly. "Yes, a little. But I'm also excited." She replied. "We're going to do anything to make you feel home, don't worry." Sophia didn't notice she basically repeated her husband. "Thank you." Iris then said. "I can stay right?" The girl had been in foster care for a long time. "Yes." Blue immediately said. "You most definitely can, you're part of our family now."

8-6-16_20-30-09.png

Blue then walked up to his wife, softly kissing her cheek before squeezing Iris' shoulder. "Shall we head home then?" Iris quickly nodded. "You already had daughters, right?" She asked, her curious nature taking over. "Yes, they're all waiting at home to meet you." Sophia smiled. "Shall I tell you about them in the car?" Once again the girl nodded. "Yes, please!"
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on