March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member

Just to be clear, when you said you'd like "thematic sections centered around a fountain", did you want each section to have it's own theme, i.e., different types of trees from the other sections? Or do you want the sections to be similar in tree styles?

It is as you first surmised:

the park would maintain the general art deco theme yet contain a number of sections, each devoted to a specific purpose: children's playground, chess playing area, music/festival area, perhaps some sort of food stand, etc (I leave that to your discretion). Each section would then be conceived to match the color scheme suggested in my initial request (with matching trees, decoration and statuary).

I can't wait to see what you'll create!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member

Just to be clear, when you said you'd like "thematic sections centered around a fountain", did you want each section to have it's own theme, i.e., different types of trees from the other sections? Or do you want the sections to be similar in tree styles?

It is as you first surmised:

the park would maintain the general art deco theme yet contain a number of sections, each devoted to a specific purpose: children's playground, chess playing area, music/festival area, perhaps some sort of food stand, etc (I leave that to your discretion). Each section would then be conceived to match the color scheme suggested in my initial request (with matching trees, decoration and statuary).

I can't wait to see what you'll create!

Okie dokie, I'll do my best. I do have to say that your color palette is quite interesting. I've already gotten started on it using those colors and it's quite striking! Not your typical park colors, lol. I'll let you know if I come across any other questions. Have a great weekend!
  • skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    @Sadraelle, the new hair colour is nice. I only wonder does the face width reach the minimum. If not, please adjust her face a little bit narrower.
    Other than that, would you mind if I make some minor adjustment by myself. This is much more easier than let you know what I think by text.
    Certainly, I won't claim this as my creation thereafter.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
    skybaker wrote: »
    @Sadraelle, the new hair colour is nice. I only wonder does the face width reach the minimum. If not, please adjust her face a little bit narrower.
    Other than that, would you mind if I make some minor adjustment by myself. This is much more easier than let you know what I think by text.
    Certainly, I won't claim this as my creation thereafter.

Hi @skybaker, I'm glad you like the hair. I brought her face width down to the lowest setting and made some minor revisions, so here is my final result. And of course, I don't mind what you do with her after, I hope you can get her face more to your liking. I will go ahead and finish up the outfits and get her uploaded by tonight.

Zx76sdN.jpg
    edited May 2016
    @skybaker, Here she is, her name is "Mei Cheung". Sorry, I couldn't get her eyes just right, the limitations of the game prevented me from doing so. I hope you like, and feel free to make whatever changes you want to her.

• skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks, @Sandraelle. She is really nice and more realistic than I expected.
    I can't wait to see her in my game.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

A pretty sim. Yes, eyes are so difficult. Well done :smile:
    edited May 2016
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    A pretty sim. Yes, eyes are so difficult. Well done :smile:

Thanks Paula! I think she's pretty too, but just couldn't get her the way I wanted. :smile:
    Hi @grallonsphere , just writing with an update. I'm almost done with your park, so should have it uploaded within the next several days (time permitting of course). :)
  • grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    Take your time Sandraelle, I'm savoring Stellaris (https://paradoxplaza.com/stellaris) right now, taking a break from S3. The beauty with S3 is that you can come back to it at any given time and nothing will have changed.
    Take your time Sandraelle, I'm savoring Stellaris (https://paradoxplaza.com/stellaris) right now, taking a break from S3. The beauty with S3 is that you can come back to it at any given time and nothing will have changed.

@grallonsphere, Ok, good. Enjoy your break with your Stellaris game. Yes, that's so true about S3. I should have some time this weekend to finish up your build, but if not, for sure some time next week.
    edited May 2016
    @grallonsphere, Here is your art deco themed park.

Pictures and the download link can be found on my creations thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14818494/#Comment_14818494

oXTbNMN.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST

5/22/16 @ElijahsBabyGurl9
    1. I'm confused by the bedrooms/bathrooms requirements and wondering if you just miscounted or just a typo? Your requirements say 5 bds/4-1/2 bath, but the floor plan shows 4 bds/3ba and your description of each bedroom only matches 4bds (1-Master, 2-boys room, 3-girls room, 4-nursery). Do you want me to follow the 4bd/3ba plan?

2. "Do you want it furnished and decorated? Partially Furnished and decorated, please."

Which parts do you want me to leave unfurnished?

3. The plan doesn't show a garage, but would you prefer one or just a parking spot?

4. The floor plan doesn't have a dining room, so are you ok with just the bar seating that it shows in the plan? Looking at the layout, not sure how a table could fit in but I could try.

5. Do you have an idea of where you want the Solarium? I was thinking either a portion of the covered back porch, or maybe attached to the Master? Or perhaps another area?

Thanks....can't wait to get started on it. I think I will probably do it in Hidden Springs as that world is so pretty.

5/23/16 .... forgot to ask earlier, but would you have a 64x64 lot preference in Hidden Springs or any of them? There's a nice one that overlooks the water that I might use. Looking forward to getting started as soon as I hear from you.

Oh thought of something else while I'm waiting.....did you want a pool or a hot tub?

Answers to Questions:

1. I'm sorry for the confusion. It was indeed a typo. It is okay to follow the 4bdrm/3ba plan and you can follow the descriptions for decorating the rooms according to the plans. If there is a need for more baths you can add the all-in-ones.
    2. The areas I'd like furnished are the kitchen, dining room, solarium and nurserys. The rest I'll do myself.
    3. You can add a parking spot or two, I'm not overly fond of garages.
    4. If it is possible can you modify the plans to fit in a dining room? That is the area where my Sims like to gather the most in my games.
    5. I'd like the Solarium somewhere in the vicinity of or on the porch. It will look great there.
    6. I think the lot will look best where you think it will. I like having the -beautiful vista- moodlet and if there is a lot that can produce that moodlet I'd like my house placed there ~^_^~
    7. A hot tub would be great it will provide a nice relaxing spot for my Sims.
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 - Oh good, I was wondering how I was going to fit in another bedroom and bath, lol. I will see what I can do to fit in a dining room (I thought that was weird that the layout didn't allow for one). Thanks for getting back to me and I am anxious to get going on it. I'll let you know if I come across any more questions as I get into the build. Have a good day!

6/2/16 @ElijahsBabyGurl9
    Do you have these items?
    1. Bohemian Garden Set
    2. It's Not Gross Public Shower Station

I do have Bohemian Garden Set but not the public shower.

edited June 2016

6/2/16 @ElijahsBabyGurl9
    Do you have these items?
    1. Bohemian Garden Set
    2. It's Not Gross Public Shower Station

I do have Bohemian Garden Set but not the public shower.

Ok, good to know. I made the master bath shower a walk-in and used that public shower but I will rework that area. Thanks @ElijahsBabyGurl9!
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    Hi @ElijahsBabyGurl9 , just popping in to give you an update. It's taking me a little bit longer to finish up your farmhouse due to the fact that I've been dealing with some medical issues with my hubby and he was in intensive care for a few days. I'm nearing completion and as soon as the Exchange issues are fixed, I should be able to upload it soon.

Very sorry to hear about your hubby Sandraelle. Must have been a scary time for you both. Hope he gets much better soon. Take care. Hugs.
    No prob Sandra, take all the time you need. RL is much more important!! Hope he gets well and my prayers are with him!!
    Get%20Well%20Soon%20Quotes.jpg
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear about your hubby Sandraelle. Must have been a scary time for you both. Hope he gets much better soon. Take care. Hugs.

Thank you Paula! Yes, it was very scary and he's getting better. Talk to you soon.
    No prob Sandra, take all the time you need. RL is much more important!! Hope he gets well and my prayers are with him!!
    Get%20Well%20Soon%20Quotes.jpg

Thank you for your prayers and understanding @ElijahsBabyGurl9. He is on the mend thank goodness. I'm about done, just need to do pictures and stuff, but since the Exchange is having issues right now I may wait till they get it fixed as I'm not sure if people can download from it yet, I have haven't tried it.
    edited June 2016
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9, I have your ranch home finished.

CINNABAR RANCH (built at 7 Meadows Beach Rd in Hidden Springs)
    v1EOcln.jpg

Your requested design and floor plans
    TQNudji.jpg

Since I had to modify the plan to add in a dining room and a solarium, your back porch space had to be decreased, but I added some additional patio space next to the stairs
    PnfLhYa.jpg

Your hot tub is partially covered and has a bar area and some seating space
    6iUWSKP.jpg

The solarium from the backyard
    zdMiqvj.jpg

Inside the solarium
    FiuEfPx.jpg

Garden area
    rYKPWLp.jpg

Entry way and looking towards unfurnished living room
    r3MGpt9.jpg

Kitchen
    NbzlKsc.jpg

Furnished Dining Room
    GO7a4sx.jpg

Unfurnished master bedroom with requested colors of varying shades of orange, beige and black and the addition of a 2nd fireplace
    k3ZijlK.jpg

Master bath to match
    4LTVpbO.jpg

Furnished nursery with requested colors and requested animal theme
    hOjS8Xd.jpg

Unfurnished boys and girls bedrooms with requested colors and themes and the other 2 bathrooms
    JGXc3bR.jpg

Aerial View of property
    0BkWYlo.jpg

DOWNLOAD
    MORE PICTURES
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    A lovely farm build Sandraelle, Simmers will so enjoy decorating the unfurnished rooms to their own taste, lots of fun for everyone. :)

Really great work with Cinnabar Ranch Sandy. I love the landscaping and the extra outdoor builds which really enhance the home. That hot tub / pool area just calls you to enjoy. Cool solarium and such a wonderful homey kitchen. Well done! Off to rec :smile: