Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @CathyTea I love your responses, and I'm glad to hear you connect with Carmen and Daniella. They've got big personalities, but I don't know that who they are has really shown through at this point, so I'm glad to see that you get them.

Thanks so much for choosing me for book club last week, this was a lot of fun for me as a writer to dig in deeply to my story.
  • remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member
    Hey hey @cecerose0208 How you doin'?

So I had a lot of fun pondering over the questions and I finally came up with these responses:

Fess up: Who do you have a crush on?
    Of course my answer's going to be Luca- the shirtless man with a tattooed chest :joy: And I also like Bo's human disguise! He's pretty hot :love:

What characters really pull your heart-strings?
    I feel kinda bad for Carmen Butler! I really don't know why, tho! :lol: I guess it's probably because she's starting her life in a new place away from home and unlike others, who are also starting their lives from scratch, she's all alone and it hurts to see how she misses her mom and her grandma. But I'm glad that she got in the Upper Crusts club and that she's making great friends with Clara Bjer... Bjren... Bjerg.. (Oh plum it why does that name have to be so difficult to spell?!) and also that she's meeting new townies! I do hope now she finds the man of her dreams (tho I secretly want Dominic to leave his wife for Carmen and then they'll live happily ever after! :lol:)

Then there's Daniella, who's struggling to keep her house running, and that too, at such a young age! And I also feel like she's really lonely, she doesn't have any friends (despite her efforts to find sims her age) and she spends most of her time reading or doing yoga (which is obviously a good thing! Haha) Now, even tho I love Luca's outspoken and hilarious personality, I feel he gives his sister a hard time by being really rude to her. I mean, annoying your siblings is your birth right and it's also your duty :joy: but that doesn't mean you have to be mean to them and that's exactly what Luca does! I hope everything will go well for Dani in the future!

Each character or family has its own set of challenges, issues, or situations they are facing. Which of these resonate especially with you?
    I can’t exactly tell since I don’t know enough of each character to be able to tell for sure. I guess as the story progresses, and as I learn more about these characters’ past and their future plans, I might see some resemblance. I do have one character I sort of relate to (that I talk about in the next question) but we share only one quality (I mean err… one flaw :tongue:)

Favorite builds? Favorite personalities? Favorite chapters? And what makes these your favorites?
    Favorite build would probably be the Epstein’s house (the remodeled one). It’s seriously stunning and I would like to applaud Laurel’s (CeCeRose’s) interior designing skills ;)

Favorite personalities would be Luca (duh!) because he’s entertaining (though his rudeness, most of the times overpowers his hilarious personality and then his jokes can become roasts.)
    And I also like Robyn because she’s so sly and clever; she knows how to get people to do things she wants (Gosh she’s so much like me! :joy: I mean, I can be really selfish and manipulative at times)
    Now I know that I love both these characters for their flaws, but that’s because such flawed characters bring variety to the story and make it more relatable. I mean, who’s perfect in reality, anyway?

Um I don't think I have a favorite chapter! I love every chapter of this story! I do hope to see more of Carmen in the future, I feel like her story's come to a standstill for some time now. But that could probably be because CeCeRose accidentally injured her laptop and so he betrayed her at the last minute and that made her posting schedule go haywire! :trollface:Why you no take care CeCe?

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @cecerose0208

Fess up: Who do you have a crush on? Quincy is super cute in his own way :) And I have a girl crush on Daniella xD love her and her personality, balancing out her brother.

What characters really pull your heart-strings? Carmen resonates especially with me (this also answers the next question). Being out on your own and trying to make a life for yourself. I respect her deeply.

Favorite builds? Favorite personalities? Favorite chapters? And what makes these your favorites? I really like Daniella's personality, she is nice and caring despite her brother's oddities :) I guess that's why I love all the chapters about the Holloways especially. The one where Daniella dreamed about a hunky doctor lmao.

What questions do you have for CeCeRose? How did you come up with these detailed backstories for the characters? They are so good ^^
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @Julyvee94 @JoieWilder @Rainydayz179 @cecerose0208 Thanks for an awesome month of Neighborhood Rotations in Book Club! This was really fun and instructive! Going into the month, I wasn't sure how much variety we'd have, but we had so much! Each coffee hour conversation was distinct, and I feel like I've learned so much that I can apply to my own rotations I'm playing and writing about!

Thanks, also, to all the readers who participated! I learned so much from hearing about readers' experiences reading rotations!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Hiya, Book Clubbers! This week, we're moving on to Special Bonus Wonderfulness I'm really excited about these special stories we'll be reading during this theme. Each of these is a real favorite of mine--hope you love them, too! :)

CURRENT READING
    Letters to my Younger Self by @Pegasus143

Reading for the Week of June 20
    More Than a Princess: The Rossini Family Legacy by @CharmingMaruska

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Hey, as usual, I'm a day late (or more) on responses, lol.

@remi_narrow I'm so glad you like Robyn. There's always this worry when you give a character a negative trait that they won't resonate with people who read them. But it seems like people have had a reaction to almost every single one of the Sims in my households. Robyn is one of my favorites, by the way. I don't know why I didn't check her teen looks in Create-a-Sim when I was making the Epsteins, but it's building excitement for me to see what she looks like when she ages up. And it's going to be a while too, since I'm on a long lifespan.

I know I'm missing some Butler chapters to see what Carmen is up to, but when Laurel went into labor, I decided to go out of order so we could be there for the birth of the babies. Carmen is getting another chapter next, I promise!

@Julyvee94 I support Carmen too in her quest to accomplish all her goals all on her own (at least until she meets her perfect match). And the Holloway chapters are my favorite too!

The backstories were inspired by my favorite soap opera growing up, All My Children. They had these families that were established in Pine Valley, and such rich histories that developed over time. I wanted that establishment of the families, but I had to add in variety as well. I think I said above that I started with the Holloways, then the Epsteins, then Carmen Butler, then the Blanks. Each family was designed to be distinct from the last, and each family member is unique from each other. So with that inspiration, and a little imagination, I came up with each character. Then I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget, lol.

@CathyTea I'm glad we provided variety and inspiration for the book club in the past few weeks. Thanks so much again for choosing my new story!

@CathyTea I'm glad we provided variety and inspiration for the book club in the past few weeks. Thanks so much again for choosing my new story!

I remembered that I forgot to answer your question about premades, @cecerose0208 ! I think they were pretty much the way mine are in my game. Bob Pancakes is always hovering around the sensitive, quiet, kind women, wanting to flirt with them, but feeling too shy. Geoffrey is kind to kids everywhere (and often has secret affairs that I only discover later!). Clara Bjergsen seems a lot like she is in my game, though I must admit I don't know her that well. Dominic Fyres seemed really similar, too.

I am so crazy about the Windenberg premades--how about you guys? (I do really like Geoffrey, too--especially after featuring him in a recent chapter of Three Rivers. I always interpret him as a dreamer, living his richest part of his life internally.)

CathyTea wrote: »

I remembered that I forgot to answer your question about premades, @cecerose0208 ! I think they were pretty much the way mine are in my game. Bob Pancakes is always hovering around the sensitive, quiet, kind women, wanting to flirt with them, but feeling too shy. Geoffrey is kind to kids everywhere (and often has secret affairs that I only discover later!). Clara Bjergsen seems a lot like she is in my game, though I must admit I don't know her that well. Dominic Fyres seemed really similar, too.

I am so crazy about the Windenberg premades--how about you guys? (I do really like Geoffrey, too--especially after featuring him in a recent chapter of Three Rivers. I always interpret him as a dreamer, living his richest part of his life internally.)

Your description of Bob is how he seems too in my story. Laurel is hot-headed though. I know he hasn't seen that side of her yet, it will be interesting when he does.

And I agree about Geoffrey! I had been keeping Nancy and Laurel apart so they wouldn't end up close friends in case Geoffrey ended up being the one she had the affair with.

I hear the Bjergsens, and have enjoyed getting to know them, the Fyres, and the Villareals. I really don't know much about the other Windenburg pre-mades though.

Your description of Bob is how he seems too in my story. Laurel is hot-headed though. I know he hasn't seen that side of her yet, it will be interesting when he does.

And I agree about Geoffrey! I had been keeping Nancy and Laurel apart so they wouldn't end up close friends in case Geoffrey ended up being the one she had the affair with.

I hear the Bjergsens, and have enjoyed getting to know them, the Fyres, and the Villareals. I really don't know much about the other Windenburg pre-mades though.

Paolo <3 Plus, I super love all of the Villareals. I guess they're the ones I know the best, since Honey Walker lived with them (in Skill U). I really like Siobhan Fyres in Freezer Bunny Dating Services! She shows up a lot and has a bit of a crush, it seems, on Puma. And CT in Freezer Bunny has only ever wanted to flirt with one person: Dominic Fyres! (CT! He's married!)

Oh! Also Ulrike Faust is so awesome! And I also really love Joaquin in @sabreene 's Prettacy, though I don't know him much in my games.

@CathyTea That's great introduction to a few more Sims I don't know well. I'll be keeping an eye on them in my saves as they interact with my Sims to see if I get the same impression from them.

*Heads off to read letters to my younger self*
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @CathyTea That's great introduction to a few more Sims I don't know well. I'll be keeping an eye on them in my saves as they interact with my Sims to see if I get the same impression from them.

*Heads off to read letters to my younger self*

i forgot it was mackies turn.
    edited June 2016
    Hiyeeeee, Book Clubbers! :)

I'm so excited and happy about this week's reading and conversation! I have a busy Friday morning, so I'll leave the goodies and conversation starters here, then I'll pop back in about 14 hours and refresh the buffet and chat some more!

What are we serving? Coffee, of course! and soy milkshakes (with bananas, strawberries, and blueberries!) and peanut butter cookies with currants, and bagels and honey, and tea, and cold iced yummy stuff to sip, and more strawberries! And blackberry pie. Whew!

Let's talk about this wonderful reading we've shared this week! (And if you haven't read it, it's pretty short! I reread it all tonight in about 20 minutes! So, head on over, read Letters to My Younger Self, and then swing back for goodies and conversation!)

Questions for Readers

1) For me as a reader, these letters carry me into a rich emotional experience. How do you feel as you read these letters?

2) The letters also have intriguing intellectual components: what ideas and concepts have been introduced in these letters that especially engage your curiosity?

3) Speculation time! What do you think is the event that happens in high school that the older self repeatedly refers to to the younger self?

4) What pieces of wisdom especially stand out to you as you read these letters?

5) Have you ever written letters to your younger self? Would you do so?

6) What questions do you have for Pegasus?

Questions for the Writer

1) How did you decide that you would do this?

2) It's so neat to use TS2 in this--what gave you that idea?

3) I adore Mortimer's letter to his younger self. What prompted you to choose to have him write to his younger self? Do you think you'll do this with any other premades?

4) I feel such comfort and assurance when I read these, like everything will be ok. How does it feel to you to write and read these?

5) How many more letters do you have planned or do you think you'll write (if that's not too spoilery)?

6) What have you learned in writing these?

7) The letters are so honest and authentic--is it challenging to be that honest and real as you write these?

8) What questions do you have for readers?

(And thank you for writing them--I truly love them!)

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    1) For me as a reader, these letters carry me into a rich emotional experience. How do you feel as you read these letters?
    These letters make me feel rather wistful, in a way. And then there's this melancholy that comes from this idea that the writer of the letters is regretting their mistakes enough to try to mess with time to fix them. There's also intrigue, because there's this mystery of what exactly has happened to make the writer do all this.

2) The letters also have intriguing intellectual components: what ideas and concepts have been introduced in these letters that especially engage your curiosity?
    I love the idea of sending messages through time. I think messing with time is always a very risky thing and probably not very smart, but at least with these messages it's not quite as hands-on messing with time as usually. I also like this idea of one-way communication that comes with it. The sender of the letters can't be sure if the letters are really reaching her younger self or if she's going to take the advice.

3) Speculation time! What do you think is the event that happens in high school that the older self repeatedly refers to to the younger self?
    I'm not much into speculation, so I have no idea. :) I'll just have to wait and see.

The part about being a little selfish, or at least not being too self-sacrificing. I tend to sometimes forget this, and people have frequently told me that I don't have to try to carry the problems of the entire world on my shoulders, or something along those lines. Being kind and caring and helping others is very important, but it can't be done if one becomes too miserable themselves.

Nope. And nope. Are there things in my past I could potentially make better with some advice to my younger self? Absolutely! But I'm more of a "learn from the past" -kind of person.

Nothing jumps to mind at the moment. So I'll just say that I really love the idea of this story and how it's written. I'm looking forward to reading more!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    1) How did you decide that you would do this?
    I was looking through my screenshots of my Sims 2 simself (after figuring out where they were located!) and I already knew that I wanted to write another story. I wanted it to somehow connect to a story that I had already started, and took a bit of inspiration from pretty much every sort of time travel related book/movie/video game that I had ever come across since they all said that "you can't change time without changing a whole bunch of other things (including yourself)". The idea for the story came from the result of this mixture, and from there I just let the idea guide me.
    2) It's so neat to use TS2 in this--what gave you that idea?
    I knew that the first sim I wanted to create in the game was my simself, and the neighborhood called Riverblossom Hills (from the Seasons expansion) looked a lot like the area where I live. Then the game prompted me about adding subhoods, and the last ones that I connected were the three base game colleges. Since La Fiesta Tech was the last college in the list, I ended up looking at it, and since I couldn't figure out how to get back to the neighborhood I ended up making my simself there. In case you were wondering, I now know how to navigate through the different neighborhoods and subhoods. The rest of the story intertwines with what I said for question number 1. Plus, I wanted the simselves from different timelines to be easily recognizable as to which timeline they were from.
    3) I adore Mortimer's letter to his younger self. What prompted you to choose to have him write to his younger self? Do you think you'll do this with any other premades?
    The next neighborhood that I went into after Riverblossom Hills was Pleasentview, since I knew that some of the same premades that we have in Sims 4 live there. The Goth household was the first one that I played. For anyone who doesn't know, the "situation" that you get when first playing this household is that Cassandra Goth is about to marry Don Lothario. The game prompts you to do a couple of romantic actions with him first before choosing "get married", but I didn't listen and only had her do the kiss that she had a want for before marrying him (which she also had a want for). Since I didn't do enough interactions with him, he dumped Cassandra, which fulfilled her fear of "being left at the altar by Don", which put her aspiration bar low enough that the therapist had to come. I was super scared of him at first because I had no idea what was happening or why I couldn't control Cassandra. Then he started making her act like a monkey, and I thought that she was going to die or something (I figured that maybe this was the equivalent of Sims 4's emotional deaths). Mortimer was pretty upset as well, but the therapist didn't come for him. Alexander didn't have too much of a reaction since he didn't have a fear related to Cassandra being left at the altar.
    Here's where a very large difference between 2 and 4 comes in- unlike Sims 2, where Cassandra and Don are both adults, in Sims 4 Cassandra is still a teen. That means that by the time she would become an adult in 4, it would look a bit off for her to be marrying a man that's almost an adult- plus, with the way that I'd been playing out Don's backstory, he wouldn't need to marry her anyways- he would be getting plenty of money from "undisclosed sources". And no, I don't think that he's really in love with her, or else why would he dump her? It's only doing some romantic actions that actually convinces him to marry her.
    Cassandra and Alexander end up having two very different lives in the two games, and I wanted to show that through someone who really cared about them- which has to be their father, Mortimer. He would want the best for them, as well as his wife, Bella, so I tried to show that.
    Currently, I don't have plans to do this for any other premades, but that could change if EA/Maxis decides to put some of the premades from Sims 2 into a Sims 4 world and their story changes somehow.
    4) I feel such comfort and assurance when I read these, like everything will be ok. How does it feel to you to write and read these?
    Writing these is like walking down memory lane for me- everything that I talk about in these are things that I've experienced, thought about a lot, felt, or played out. Reading and writing them makes me feel warm inside because I know it all already (or maybe that's just my laptop getting warm under my wrists?). I also end up very smiley afterwords since I see a lot of connections to other things that I haven't written about yet (like the mention of Queen Kaydence in Mortimer's letter).
    5) How many more letters do you have planned or do you think you'll write (if that's not too spoilery)?
    I have an idea for one more, but I think that there will be more after that still- I don't know how many, though.
    6) What have you learned in writing these?
    Don't step off the path when dinosaur hunting, don't attempt to change your best friend's life, in fact don't even have a best friend because she'll just keep dying... wait a sec, none of those things are in there! What I've actually learned is to accept the past, even though I can't change it, learn from the mistakes I've made, and hope that that knowledge helps me in the future.
    7) The letters are so honest and authentic--is it challenging to be that honest and real as you write these?
    Just being "honest and real" isn't too challenging at this point in time because most of what I'm writing isn't like that. Transitioning between different stories is a lot more challenging since they're all so different- in this one, I'm writing as myself, but in others I have to write as different characters or in 3rd person, so sometimes I'll forget which story I'm writing and start writing it the way I write a different story! Oops!
    8) What questions do you have for readers?
    I remember there was one time when a class I was in was tasked with writing letters to our older selves, which will be (attempted) to mail to us when we graduate. Would you consider this to be meddling with your future? If so, would you refuse to do it?
    (And thank you for writing them--I truly love them!)
    You're welcome!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    First, I want to apologize for taking so long on this... I made myself a posting schedule and have been driving myself crazy trying to get ahead of it!

Questions for Readers

The picture of what the younger self is doing... that the older self is describing as well as the older self describing what they are currently doing brings to mind one of those dual-screened video games. The ones where one person is playing on one side and another person on the other. I picture them both living out their lives at the same moment and yet years apart and this message is linking them somehow.

That there is some sort of technology in the near future of the younger self's life that allows messages to be sent through time. I know it is called "letters" but the introduction said something along the lines of there not really being letters. This really got me curious as to how the contact is actually made... unless of course I read it wrong. ;)

Well, silly me, I thought that it was more than one event. Not sure why. I'm thinking it has something to do with a friend because most of the advice given is regarding friends.

Put yourself first even though everyone tells you to put others first. I can imagine the older self regretting that in the future.

No, I haven't and no I wouldn't. As tempting as the concept is of changing the past, all the bad things that have happened to us make us who we are today. There could be so many implications of changing one little thing.

I'm not familiar with these letters but I did see that they are a prequel to another story. Can you tell us what that story is about and how it relates, if at all, to the letters?

I remember there was one time when a class I was in was tasked with writing letters to our older selves, which will be (attempted) to mail to us when we graduate. Would you consider this to be meddling with your future? If so, would you refuse to do it?
    This, is something I would do. The only thing I would change is the age it's done. When you're in high school the life you envision for yourself in the future is so different. Looking back at what you always thought you wanted leads to not being grateful for what you have. I would send a letter to my older self with all of the wonderful details of my sons and my memories of them growing up so that I could cherish that in the future.
    @Rainydayz179 Don't worry, you did read things right. +50 points for reading the table of contents page! (jk) I loved that you would choose to write about your memories with your sons :) You're also correct in your speculation that what I'm trying to change has to do with a friend.
    I'm not familiar with these letters but I did see that they are a prequel to another story. Can you tell us what that story is about and how it relates, if at all, to the letters?

After the Wedding comes after this story in the timeline of my stories (maybe I should make one of those!). It's about Alexander Goth's children (and their extended families), which ties in to what Mortimer wanted for his children. My simself (the younger one, but she's an adult now) comes into play a couple times, and there's going to be a bit of a plot twist at the end of the story (which is currently on season 2.5).
    Fun fact: in Sims 2, I gave the Goth family a cat named Rosa, and in Sims 4 Alexander's wife is named Rosalynn. I might put some other little things like that into my Sims 2 gameplay... actually, I just thought of another one: Alexander's girlfriend in 2 has red hair, and when Rosalynn was younger she dyed part of her hair red. She also wears a red shirt.
    @Pegasus143 After the Wedding sounds pretty cool. I'm a huge Alexander fan in both games. He recently passed on in my rotation and I was heartbroken. I left the tab open and will try to catch up on it in the next few days since there's not an overwhelming number of chapters.

I love the fun facts. In Sims 4 my Alexander was obsessed with traveling to space in his rocket. In Sims 2 he was obsessed with looking at space in his telescope and got abducted and had an alien son named Cosmo.
    Looks like we'll be extending Coffee Hour for a few days! I'm hoping to get a chance to post my responses tomorrow, and I've heard from someone else who'll be by on Monday with responses! :)

Looks like we'll be extending Coffee Hour for a few days! I'm hoping to get a chance to post my responses tomorrow, and I've heard from someone else who'll be by on Monday with responses! :)

I need to start reading the book club story a week ahead of time instead of putting it off thinking I have plenty of time to get to it! :D
    @Rainydayz179 My Sims 4 Alexander is gone as well, but my Sims 2 Alexander is only a teen, so he's still got plenty of time! Those Goths breed like rabbits in my games, though, which makes for some very chaotic households.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

I felt sad. I maybe the wrong one to do this. I had a very dark childhood and I am keenly aware of the struggle to find identity in one’s youth. I know how intensely it is bound to how others perceive us. It is a trap that is not easily climbed out of. It is not confined to those who have gender definition issues … all youth struggle at some level with this. My grandson is special needs and suffers much at the hands of those who feel a need to lift themselves up by making sure he is laid low.

I have worked with youth for many years. I have walked thru many types of struggles with many kids. I understand from personal experience and from their experience that adolescence is a very difficult time and it is made even harder when you just can’t seem to find a place to “fit in.”

At the least invisibility .. no one sees or cares and at the max disdain and bullying.

She depicted very well the resiliency of the human spirit … holding on to hope for the future. The struggle to define self .. but be prepared it does not end .. we struggle with that all of our lives ... who I was at 16 (when I thought life of pain would not end) or 21 (when I thought I was grown) or 35 (when I honestly thought I had it all figured out) 50 (when in that and each succeeding year I find that I really know nothing LOL)

No and probably not. The past is gone .. I have fully dealt with it and for me the best thing is to fight to leave all the junk back there … I tried to look back but the kid in the pic just made me so very sad. I prefer to walk forward in the light of the future that looking back at darkness.

How is it going? I hope I was not too dark!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 I'm good, thanks for asking!
    You have some very interesting thoughts. I can tell you that there probably is some bullying as a result of this event, however that's not the main thing that she's trying to change.
    It's too bad about your grandson and those bullies. I've never been in a school where bullying didn't exist, which is something that really saddens me. I was bullied a little bit in elementary school, but it was mainly because the other kids didn't understand that I had food allergies so they were really confused and bullied me because they didn't know what else to do. That was something that they did grow to understand, so the bullying did stop.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 I'm good, thanks for asking!
    You have some very interesting thoughts. I can tell you that there probably is some bullying as a result of this event, however that's not the main thing that she's trying to change.
    It's too bad about your grandson and those bullies. I've never been in a school where bullying didn't exist, which is something that really saddens me. I was bullied a little bit in elementary school, but it was mainly because the other kids didn't understand that I had food allergies so they were really confused and bullied me because they didn't know what else to do. That was something that they did grow to understand, so the bullying did stop.

And I fear that is probably his fate too .. he has even had teachers who bullied (actually bullied all the special needs students and got fired but the damage was done).
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 My Sims 4 Alexander is gone as well, but my Sims 2 Alexander is only a teen, so he's still got plenty of time! Those Goths breed like rabbits in my games, though, which makes for some very chaotic households.

In Sims 4 Bella and Mortimer had 3 more kids for me. Their genetics are spread all over the neighborhood. I count Alexander's twin sons as the actual Goths though... I'm sleepy so I could be wrong but I believe all of their living cousins are girls. The living part, that's a long story. I don't play the rotation in Sims 2 that Alexander was in anymore so I can't remember if he's still living or not there. Since they don't age when you rotate away from them he may be.