Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    SimCom%20announcement.jpg

This story is on SimCom with an interview!!

EDITION 6 of Pammiechick's StoryPicks is here!

CHECK IT OUT!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    SimCom%20announcement.jpg

This story is on SimCom with an interview!!

EDITION 6 of Pammiechick's StoryPicks is here!

CHECK IT OUT!!!

Congrats @Marialein !!!!! So well deserved!! <3
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Great interview! <3 Congrats @Marialein :)
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Chapter 8 – Last night

Tonight Shaiyenne went out with some friends or something like that. I wasn’t sure about it. All what counted was that I was alone in the old house. I had trained a lot during the last nights and tonight would be the night. I floated to my piano. I knew that it wasn’t really mine anymore, but the feeling was still the same as it had been when I had been still alive. I sat down on the leather polstered seat and took several deep breaths. I started to focus my energy on my transparent fingers. Sure later I would need my feet as well for the pedals but now I was just at the beginning of being a ghost. To get a better concentration I closed my eyes. I imagined how the music would vibrate deep inside of me. How my soul yearned for it was nearly indescribable.

aZYyZp2.png

Then when I thought I had put enough energy and concentration in my fingers I hesitated. What if Shaiyenne would come home and find a self-playing piano? What is I annoyed the neighbours? What if I had forgotten how to play? What if it wouldn’t work? What if … ?
    I panicked and lost my concentration.
    ,No! This is your dream since you died. Be once in your existence brave and do what you want ti do. I am already dead, what worse could happen?’
    I started to concentrate again. I felt how the energy got back to my fingers. I already used a lot of my energy and so I got more transparent than normal except in the hands. Now or never. Carefully I placed one finger on the piano keys. A deep, bit out of tune tone came from the music instrument and a wave of happiness came over me.

p7suFh4.png

Before I realised it I placed my other fingers on the keys and played the first song. It carried me away. Back to the days where I had been still a normal girl, where I had a future and not just a past. I played a song Mama had shown me especially for Christmas. The memory of hot vanilla cookies came to my mind. Mama had been baking in the kitchen and Papa had tried to steal a few fresh cookies. They had been fighting playfully for them and in the end Papa got a few. He had given me a fw if I played that song for him. Of course I had done and I got my cookies. Later Mama had joined us too with a Chai tea. It had smelled so wonderful from the cinnamon and the ingwer that I still could remember it now.

EN0kK2S.png

I started with the next song. This time it was a song I used to play in summers. We never had made a lot of trips or but during the summertime Mama and Papa had a bit more freetime. Then we had taken walks at the bluffs where I had swum in the old pool while my parents had lightened a fire for us. Sometimes we had been walking through the old city centrum of Windenburg. Papa had always told me at which place or bar or park or part of the street he had kissed Mama already and where he still needed to do so. Mama had blushed a little bit and had said him that he would act like a child. It had ended most of the time with Papa grabbing Mama and pulling her into another kiss. I knew that the most people would think how awkward and embarrassing this was when your parents acted like that and yes it kind os had been, but this love they found in each other was above all that feelings.

RYxls8j.png

I felt suddenly a sting in my heart. It was not because I missed my parents so much even though I did, it was because I would never be able to expire such a love. I never even had my first crush when I had been alive. No first date or first good night kiss or a first “I love you” or a first boyfriend or a first night …
    I concentrated on the music again. There was no way back. Self-pity wouldn’t help a bit.

I had played several songs when I heard Shaiyennes keys. I stopped immediately and floated a bit closer to the door. Then it opened and a drunken Shaiyenne went inside. Behind her a man followed her. She dragged him upstairs. The man suddenly put his head in my direction and I hid myself with getting completely invisible.
    Why didn’t I want him to see me? I mean I had tried it with Shai and the other guy. So why did it frighten me so much that he may could? Shouldn’t I jump in the air for happiness that someone may could see me? That I wouldn’t have to be alone the whole time?

I shook off this thought and went outside. I watched the stars until I felt the pull of the darkness again. Somehow I was glad this time to let me fall into it …
    Oh My - she didn't want him to see her because deep down inside...
    The one night stand...the boyfriends 'friend' is the psychopath?!

Also, I loved her memories of the kindness of her family and the pure love her parents shared :)

My favorite line in this update of your is as follows:
    "I concentrated on the music again. There was no way back. Self-pity wouldn’t help a bit."

It is my favorite because it reminds me how strong she is. I love strong female roles were the girl won't allow herself to be a martyr or a pity case.

Great update!! I could almost her her haunting music!!
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I agree with @VIRTUALEE . She is so strong, I like a lot. :)
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    edited June 2016
     I am already dead, what worse could happen?
    This is so true. :D I'm happy she was able to finally play again. At first this chapter was somehow so peaceful and then it changed in the end. It almost gave me shivers. I think @VIRTUALEE is right.
    Angel feels very lonely... :( She needs ghosts friends, but where to find them? :/ All these memories hurt her so much and she even doesn't have anyone around she could share her sadness, I think it's the worst :( Yes, to be strong is the only thing Angel can do...
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Aww... the memories! Poor Angel.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Feels! :cry:
    Poor Angel, that guy is definitely no good!
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Oh My - she didn't want him to see her because deep down inside...
    The one night stand...the boyfriends 'friend' is the psychopath?!

Also, I loved her memories of the kindness of her family and the pure love her parents shared :)

My favorite line in this update of your is as follows:
    "I concentrated on the music again. There was no way back. Self-pity wouldn’t help a bit."

It is my favorite because it reminds me how strong she is. I love strong female roles were the girl won't allow herself to be a martyr or a pity case.

Great update!! I could almost her her haunting music!!

I guess you can all guess who the stalker is.
    Angel already said the name of the stalker in the first chapter. After all she thought that he was nice and talked twice with him.

Angel really wants to accept her new way of existence. It is just very hard for her. i guess everybody would feel lone and then it is easy to fall into self-pity. Angel just tries her best.
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I agree with @VIRTUALEE . She is so strong, I like a lot. :)

I like her too. She is a great sim and not easy to be beaten. :)
    Hemera123 wrote: »
     I am already dead, what worse could happen?
    This is so true. :D I'm happy she was able to finally play again. At first this chapter was somehow so peaceful and then it changed in the end. It almost gave me shivers. I think @VIRTUALEE is right.

Angel really missed her music. She is by now not able to hold her violin or her guitar but at least she can play her favorite instrument again. It gave her really a bit o her former life back. To the end yes Angel feels that something is as it shouldn't be.
    Angel feels very lonely... :( She needs ghosts friends, but where to find them? :/ All these memories hurt her so much and she even doesn't have anyone around she could share her sadness, I think it's the worst :( Yes, to be strong is the only thing Angel can do...

Angel is really lonely but this may change ;)
    Aww... the memories! Poor Angel.

Poor little thing right? but she is not the only poor thing in my story … dam dam daaaam :D
    Feels! :cry:
    Poor Angel, that guy is definitely no good!

We will find out soon more of the happenings with the one night stand and Shai. Maybe you will even … I am not saying more or I will totally spoil :D
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Wait. He can see her in her ghost form? That would be quite a game changer. I wonder what both of them would do.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Wait. He can see her in her ghost form? That would be quite a game changer. I wonder what both of them would do.

First one who doesn't say poor Angel and realized a hidden hint ;) You will see it.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Marialein Have you ever seen the Anime series 'Your lie in April'? I finnished it about an hour ago and this story kind of reminded me of it.
    @Marialein Have you ever seen the Anime series 'Your lie in April'? I finnished it about an hour ago and this story kind of reminded me of it.

No I never watch anime, so I don't know this one either.

Note this chapter is in German and don't worry I will translate it soon, maybe tomorrow, but I wanted to give you a piece of my native language. Also this is a letter and cause I said Windenburg is in Germany the writer speaks German too. ;)

Meine geliebte Angeline,

Ich weiß, dass es bereits einige Zeit her ist, seit ich dir das letzte Mal schrieb. Mit jedem Atemzug vermisse ich dich mehr und ich wünschte du wärst noch immer bei mir. Ich kann es noch immer nicht glauben, dass es bereits mehr als vier Jahre her ist seit du mich verlassen hast. Du fehlst mir. Ich werde deinen Eltern nie verzeihen. Sie ließen dich einfach sterben. Es ist alles ihre Schuld. Das ist es immer gewesen. Sie haben versucht uns zu trennen, einen Keil zwischen uns zu treiben. Du warst noch so jung und wolltest ihnen ihre Lügen glauben. Sie haben alles zerstört. Ich dachte ich könnte dich zumindest für ein paar Stunden aus meinen Gedanken verbannen doch du findest immer einen Weg zurück.
    Letzte Nacht ging ich mit ein paar Freunden und Kollegen in eine Bar. Maruice wollte uns seine Neue vorstellen. Ich dachte wirklich, dass es etwas Ernstes sein müsste, aber der Schwachkopf verschwand gleich zu Beginn nur weil seine Kleine etwas Verspätung hatte. Ich würde auf dich, Angel, für immer warten, das weißt du oder?
    Das Mädchen hieß Shaiyenne und war wirklich ziemlich hübsch. Mit dir kann man sie natürlich nicht vergleichen, aber niemand kann es mit dir aufnehmen. Sie war ziemlich durch den Wind wegen ihres Freundes. Sie trank ein bisschen zu viel. Es war einfach sich mit ihr zu unterhalten und ein paar Komplimente in Kombination mit Alkohol schien sie recht anhänglich werden zu lassen. Ich wollte wirklich nur meiner Trauer entkommen, Angel, das glaubst du mir doch oder? Ich wollte mich mehrmals verabschieden aber irgendwie ging es nicht. Ich weiß, dass ich sie nicht ausnutzen hätte sollen. Ich vermisse dich nur so sehr. Als wir in dem Schrank waren stellte ich mir vor, dass du diejenige wärst, die ich im Arm hätte. Wie es wäre wenn ich dich küssen würde … Allerdings weiß ich, dass du niemals so reagieren würdest. Du wärst nie mit mir in einen Schrank gegangen um unser erstes Mal zu erleben. Ganz ehrlich, ich hätte es auch nicht gewollt. Du hättest etwas besseres verdient.
    Shai war schön und ich mochte sie genug um mit ihr auch noch zu ihr nach Hause zu kommen. Ich versuchte wirklich mein Bestes um weiter zu machen. Vielleicht war sie die Richtige um eine Familie zu gründen und dann könnte ich alles anders machen. Immerhin hätte ich jetzt die richtigen Vorraussetzungen. Du weißt schon, jetzt da ich nicht mehr im Untergrund tätig bin und ein ehrenhafter Polizist geworden bin. Nie wieder sollten Menschen wie deine Eltern mit ihren Sünden davon kommen. Ich würde dafür sorgen.
    Doch als ich Shais Haus näher kam, stockte mir der Atem. Es war dein Haus. Ich hatte es nicht geplant, ich schwöre. Allerdings hätte ich es nicht besser planen können. Ich konnte dir endlich wieder näher sein. Ich konnte fühlen wie die Aufregung in mir hochstieg. Zum Teil konnte ich es kaum erwarten dein altes Zuhause wieder zusehen und somit die Erinnerungen an dich klar und deutlich vor meinem inneren Auge zu sehen. Jedoch der andere Teil in mir fürchtete sich vor dem leeren Haus. Du warst nicht da und würdest nie wieder zurück kommen.
    Ich biss die Zähne zusammen und betrat das Haus mit Shaiyenne. Für einen Moment dachte ich Musik aus dem Wohnzimmer zu hören, doch das war nur Einbildung oder?
    Als Shai mich nach oben bringen wollte drehte ich noch einmal meinen Kopf zu deinem Lieblingsklavier. Mein Herz begann wie verrückt gegen meine Rippen zu schlagen. Eine zierliche Gestalt stand im Gang und sah zu uns herrüber. Sie bestand nur aus Licht und war beinahe durchsichtig und dennoch weiß ich was ich sah. Du warst das nicht war? Oder bilde ich mir das nur ein? Bitte mein Engel, sag mir, dass du diese Welt noch nicht verlassen hast. Ich würde alles tun um dich zurück zu bekommen. Du bist mein ein und alles.

Ich liebe dich für alle Zeiten.
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    The words are lost on me, but the meaning of the letter isn't. I assume the letter is to Angel and is from her stalker and is talking about his one night stand with Shaiyenne and his undying love for Angel.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    My German is not that good, but I'ts something like this:
    My Dear Angeline, blabla I cant beleieve that i lost you 4 years ago blabla its my fault bla you were so young blabla yesterday, i went to the bar with a few colleuges and friends, Maurice wanted us to meet his girlfriend bla She was pretty and her name was Shyenne. She was drunk and a few drinks and compliments later blablablablabla when we got to her house i thought i heard music blabla i thougt i saw a figure in the hallway blabla i could'nt believe my eyes, was it really you? You are my everything, I will love you forever.
    10/10 Im failing German in school.
    edited June 2016
    My German is not that good, but I'ts something like this:
    My Dear Angeline, blabla I cant beleieve that i lost you 4 years ago blabla its my fault bla you were so young blabla yesterday, i went to the bar with a few colleuges and friends, Maurice wanted us to meet his girlfriend bla She was pretty and her name was Shyenne. She was drunk and a few drinks and compliments later blablablablabla when we got to her house i thought i heard music blabla i thougt i saw a figure in the hallway blabla i could'nt believe my eyes, was it really you? You are my everything, I will love you forever.
    10/10 Im failing German in school.

LOL! Love all the blablablas but I'm EXTREMELY happy for the translation!!! When I saw all that German, I just had to click out of it because I know nothing. This is intriguing! Thanks for the peek into the letter! <3

Since your translation left me wanting to KNOW...I used Google translate. Wow. I think the bad guy is going to try to revive poor Angel!!! Ahhh!!! This story just gets better and better!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @TheGeekGamez Haha, that's a pretty good translation. @Marialein is testing us. Now I'm tempted to do the same and give my readers (including @Marialein) the same treatment, a taste of my native language. :lol:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @TheGeekGamez Haha, that's a pretty good translation. @Marialein is testing us. Now I'm tempted to do the same and give my readers (including @Marialein) the same treatment, a taste of my native language. :lol:

Go ahead...I'll use my trusty Google translate--problem is...you're a better writer than the translator, so... :tongue:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Go ahead...I'll use my trusty Google translate--problem is...you're a better writer than the translator, so... :tongue:

Dat bloody Google, has answer for everything. :lol:
    heffners_orig.jpg

That would be solid <3
    edited June 2016

Dat bloody Google, has answer for everything. :lol:

Doesn't it though? I can speak a bit of Spanish and it has come in handy when speaking to Spanish speakers online to fill in the words I have trouble with. But it isn't foolproof. Ha! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    It's still to difficult level of German for me, but I read it... Sure, I used translator wanting to get more correct meaning of this letter. Yes, I agree it's great to write in native language. If I would write my sims stories in my native language I would write much better than I do it now :)
    I liked the letter and your idea to write it in German language. Windenburg's also associated with Germany to me, too... :) All this architecture and etc., so I totally understand your ideas :)
    Thanks for the update and I'm waiting for more! <3