March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge-Tribe Wahine 3/5

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited June 2016
    This is a gift for you! An ESPECIALLY LONG post. Love you!!! <3

Screenshot_319_1.jpg

Birds chirp in the early morning as the sun’s rays peek over the overhanging cliffs near Tribe Wahine. Kalani’s insides jump. It is her time.

“It is my honor and privilege to deem you Creator of Tribe Wahine,” Queen Hawika pronounces.

Kalani wishes her parents were here, but at least they'd received word that all is well and they will be home in a few moons. Matias was hurt but is recovering so all will be right soon.

Screenshot_188.jpg

Hawika places the Tribe Wahine Creator necklace around Kalani’s neck.

Kalani touches the smooth turquoise stone. Already she can feel the power of her ancestors course through her. She thinks of the Tribe Wahine founder, the Great Abra Wahine and wonders what it was like to lead a tribe that only consisted of two slaves and no one else for many moons. She is grateful the Maker chose her as Creator of such a large and powerful tribe.

Smiling at the queen, she says, “Thank you, grandmother. I will do my best to lead this tribe. I can only hope I do as well as you.”

Screenshot_187.jpg

“You’ll do even better, sweet girl. I have no doubt.” Hawika glances up at the sun. “It is time for you to collect on your birthday gift. I have a meeting at the slave hold in an hour. You will choose seven men and then we’ll go to the resort.”

Screenshot_185.jpg

“How will I ever choose? That is a lot of men!”

“Your grandmother has already chosen a few for you. If you like them, that is,” Lomasi explains.

Screenshot_186.jpg

“I’m sure I will,” Kalani says. Butterflies careen inside her, flitting so hard she almost feels sick. She hopes the men like her. She has never so much as talked to any strange slaves. Growing up in the palace, she always watched the large men from afar. She was too shy to interact with them. And then after coming to Tribe Wahine, most of the slaves were too busy to pay her attention. They all had mates. Would she say the right things?

As the sun sets, Kalani finally arrives at the slave hold. It is a beautiful building. Much different from what she thought it might look like. She is glad slaves are treated with much respect. She is proud that her grandmother is the force behind more rights for slaves.

“Kalani, I want you to meet Horus the Sun. He is not a slave, but a prince—the son of King Ra-mes and Queen Semet of the far away desert lands in the East. I have freed him since I heard of his sad story, but he wishes to be a part of your quest for an heiress.”

Screenshot_192.jpg

“A prince? I’m honored to meet you.” Kalani smiles shyly.

Bowing, Horus explains, “I am a prince in name only. Although Queen Hawika has graciously freed me, I have nowhere to go. My father will kill me if he sees me again. It is a long story, my lady. I am most happy to be here and will do all I can to make your days bright like the stars and moon.” He kisses her hand.

Screenshot_194.jpg

Tingles shoot up Kalani’s arm. She is instantly attracted to this handsome man. “I am most honored you want to be a part of this. We will have an amazing time. Soon you must tell me all about your family and your life. Will you wait for me later? I must speak to others.”

Screenshot_193.jpg

“Of course. Maybe I will see you at the pool later?”

Kalani can’t help but giggle. The man is already in a bathing suit and it is all she can do to keep her thoughts pure. “That sounds wonderful.”

He bows low then walks away.

Sighing, Kalani next sees a man who catches her eye. Tall, dark skin with haunting light green eyes, she is pulled to him like a magnet to iron.

“It is a beautiful night,” Kalani says to the man, casting for more to say to him. It is so hard to speak to strangers. She wishes her grandmother could introduce her around, but if she is Creator, she must force herself out of her shell.

“It is, but it doesn’t compare to your beauty, Creator Kalani.”

Screenshot_196.jpg

“You know my name but I don’t know yours. What is it?”

Screenshot_197.jpg

He chuckles. “It will be easy for you to remember for it is the same as yours—Kalani.”

Laughing, Kalani throws up her arms. “It is fate then. The Maker has bonded us already. How can I resist a man who has my name?”

“I believe you are right, my lady. But in order for us to not be confused, maybe you should call me Kal.”

Screenshot_198.jpg

“Kal. I like that. Would you wish to be a part of my quest? I need an heiress and am choosing seven men to come to a resort. From there I will choose my mate.”

Bowing, Kal answers, “I would be most honored.”

Screenshot_199.jpg

Another slave walks up to them. “What are you saying to this beautiful princess, Kal? Is he giving you a hard time, my lady? I will fight him off for you at once.”

“Do not listen to him, Creator Kalani. He is full of jokes for he would not last a minute in a fight with me.”

Screenshot_202.jpg

Kalani laughs at the banter. “Do not fear, Kal. I will not have either of you fight. But I do wish to speak with him. If you could give us a moment?”

Kal’s face falters a bit but then he bows. “Yes, my lady.”

Screenshot_201.jpg

“Ah...that was wise, princess. And now we can be alone.” He kisses her hand.

Screenshot_203.jpg

Kalani cannot believe in the few minutes she’s been at the slave hold, she’s found no less than three gorgeous men! Her grandmother must have made a call to all parts of the Amazon for never has she seen such men—even at the palace. “I would love nothing more than to be alone with you, but I do not know your name.”

Screenshot_204.jpg

“My name is Masaru, but you may call me Masa. I am at your service, my princess.” He bows low.

“It is so wonderful to meet you, Masa. I will be seeing more of you then?”

“Of course!”

As the night progresses, Horus brings Kalani a drink. “You must be thirsty after all the men you have met. How many have you decided on?”

Screenshot_206.jpg

Swallowing down the water, Kalani says, “It is strange, but I only have met three who are worthy, you being one of them. I thought this was going to be easy, but it is not.”

“Three is a good number, sweet lady, for I do not want any more competition for your love.”

Screenshot_207.jpg

Kalani giggles, thumbing the smooth cool glass of her water. “I understand, dear Horus. You may not have to worry. If I do not find more by the end of this night, I will only take the three.”

Screenshot_208.jpg

He winks. “This is wise.”

After Kalani finishes her drink, she dances, clearing her mind of not finding enough men for the quest. She does not wish to worry. If it be only three men, that is quite enough. Suddenly, she feels someone come up behind her.

Screenshot_211.jpg

Kalani waits for him to introduce himself, but he does not. He only waits and stares off in the distance. Peering at him out of the corner of her eye, Kalani gasps inwardly. Obviously stunningly handsome, this man has massive scarring all along his face. He must have seen many battles. She looks away instantly, continuing her dance.

Screenshot_212.jpg

But he will not speak to her. Maybe in his tribe, men were not allowed to speak first. Kalani has heard of some ultra conservative and harsh tribes as these. She can only hope those scars didn’t come from mutilation. The thought makes her sick.

Screenshot_219.jpg

Forcing a smile, Kalani asks, “So, do you have a name, slave? I would ask you to dance, but I do not know it.”

Screenshot_218.jpg

“I am not worthy of your notice, princess. Do not wonder about the likes of me.”

Screenshot_217.jpg

He bows then wanders off, with Kalani open mouthed, watching him go.

Masaru joins her and dances. “Do not let Kandor trouble you, my princess. He is full of demons.”

Biting her lip, Kalani asks, “What happened to him?”

“He’s met with some bad tribes. That’s all I know and even that information is rumor. He will not speak to anyone. I don’t know how he ended up here, but no tribe will take him. They fear him.”

Swallowing, Kalani’s heart breaks for even if one shred of that rumor is true. But Kandor’s scars do not lie. They tell of many battles and sorrow for him. She is determined not to be like any harsh tribes and she will not be afraid like all the cowardly tribes who will not give him a chance. Kandor will be coming with her.

Screenshot_220.jpg

Before she can mull over what she has just decided, another even more gorgeous slave waves at her with a huge smile splitting his face. “Welcome, Creator Kalani, to our humble slave hold. I hope you are having fun.”

Screenshot_222.jpg

“I am most pleased, dear man. Please tell me your name!”

Bowing with the art of a dancer, the man says, “I am Dario Aponte, tribal son of Creator Myrina of Tribe Tukano.”

Screenshot_223.jpg

“A tribal son. What are you doing here then?”

Screenshot_224.jpg

“My tribe was small—much smaller than the great Tribe Wahine. When I was but a boy, my mother died of an illness and I was brought here. I have trained to take special care of you all my life. It will be an honor to please you.”

Screenshot_225.jpg

Kalani giggles at his bold words. “All right then, dear Dario. You will be given that chance. You make me laugh.”

Screenshot_226.jpg

It is the wee hours of the morning and Kalani is tired. She has spoken with dozens of slaves, but only five are ones she’d be attracted to or who are not so full of themselves that they make her want to vomit. She noticed they either know they are handsome and want to obsess over their own accomplishments or they are starstruck shy and won’t say anything to her.

She decides five is quite enough.

Screenshot_232.jpg

She gazes into the night sky, sighing, she prays aloud, “Thank you, dear Maker, for this opportunity. I am most pleased with my choices and cannot wait to start. Please allow me to be worthy of your honor.”

A husky voice rings out in front of her. “Ah, but my dearest princess, you have chosen five flint rocks when there was a diamond right in front of you all this time.”

Screenshot_233.jpg

“A diamond? That’s a bold statement. Are you sure you can back it up?” Kalani’s eyes lock onto the most gorgeous man she’s ever seen. Muscular, but not too big, beautiful face, shining red hair—she has to resist the instant attraction. This man knows he’s stunning. She will put him in his place.

Screenshot_235.jpg

“Talent, good looks, wit, noble blood...what more could you want, my rosy beauty queen?”

Screenshot_236.jpg

Kalani can’t help but giggle at his antics. He is right. He is quite charming. “Tell me your name and I will give you a chance to live up to this high pillar you’ve placed yourself.”

Screenshot_238.jpg

“I am Runoi Iki of Tribe Makai, my rosy lady and I’ve been especially trained to impress you, so fear not! You will not need any of those lowborn slaves. You will only need me.”

Covering a laugh, Kalani says, “I look forward to the pleasure, dear Runoi.”

Screenshot_239.jpg

After she leaves Runoi, Kalani needs to head to the bathroom and then retire for the night.

Six men. Not bad for one night’s work. And she is more than pleased with all of them. So different from one another, she will have a hard time choosing only one. Maybe seven is too much.

When she leaves her stall, a man yells in her face, “BOO!”

Screenshot_228.jpg

“YOU!” Kalani cries. “That rude bartender from my party! I should have known. Why do you wish to bother me so?”

Screenshot_229.jpg

“I can’t help but desire to see your pretty face both morning and night. You are especially pretty when you’re mad, Kalani.”

Screenshot_231.jpg

Tossing away all formalities by not placing Creator or Princess or even Lady in front of her name, Kalani should be furious, but she isn’t. A giggle bubbles out of her. “Okay, you win. What is your name, foolish man?”

“I am Brayden Thornton and you will be the most lucky of ladies to have me by your side. Either that or I will hound you until you say yes to me. Whichever comes first.”

Screenshot_227.jpg

Shaking her head, she smiles. “Do not hound me. I’ve already told you that you win! You will come with me to the resort. But I warn you. I will not have your pompous attitude ruining the mood of the quest. You will behave.”

He sweeps up her hand with a warm kiss. “Are you sure about that? I think you like bad boys.”

Kalani throws her head back and laughs. Maybe he is right.

Screenshot_230.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Oh Masa, I am so proud of him. My sims are always so shy in these competitions, LOL! Great update, @pammiechick ! Have a wonderful vacation!!! :sunglasses:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Meggles wrote: »
    Oh Masa, I am so proud of him. My sims are always so shy in these competitions, LOL! Great update, @pammiechick ! Have a wonderful vacation!!! :sunglasses:

Masa is DEFINITELY not shy...you will see... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I so ship Kalani with the bartender :lol:
    Can't wait to read more of this, but I will!
    Hope you have a great vacation! <3
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Meggles wrote: »

Masa is DEFINITELY not shy...you will see... ;)

Oh JEEZ, haha! That is amazing to hear. Haha, I can't wait to see what he's done... :naughty:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    The Kalani&Kalani conversation was fun to read :) with Kador you can't speak of a conversation ... nevertheless ir was wonderful written <3 the meetings with all the guys was a lot of fun :)
    Marialein wrote: »
    The Kalani&Kalani conversation was fun to read :) with Kador you can't speak of a conversation ... nevertheless ir was wonderful written <3 the meetings with all the guys was a lot of fun :)

What was interesting is that I did not do this. I allowed all of them to meet independently. So...you will see that most of this is sim led and they make their own stories through their differing personalities! Kandor is a brooding soul...ha! But he will come out of his shell--don't worry! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Tavek36Tavek36 Posts: 25 New Member
    Already shipping Kandor and Kalani!
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Have a great time in Italy!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Omg is Kalani gorgeous! Everytime I see her picture I am stunned again xD
    And the guys are so cool, I really love all their characters. Great job creating them y'all and great job telling their story pammiechick.
    This is quite some competition going on, I am so excited to see what comes :D
    I wish you a fantasic vacation, pammie!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Awesome chapter @pammichick! Excited to see what will happen and who she will pick. Enjoy your time away! :smiley:
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Have a great vacation ✈
    !!! Nice update :)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    So many ships to choose from why do you do this? XD
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Just finished, oh that will be so hard for her, they're all so great xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    So, pammie just went to travel and left poor Kalani by herself to choose a mate!...LOL...Can't wait for the next chapter ;)
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    i like Kalani and Kalani together already! the ship name would be... #Kalani

LOL! An easy ship name for sure!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I'm proud of my Horus The Sun, he was a real gentleman with young creator Kalani ;) All men are very charming, different and interesting, if I should to choose any of them I would be lost like Kalani :D You wrote about them all so great, @pammichick <3 Now I'll be waiting for your return and new chapter ;)
    edited June 2016
    @roseinblack69 Yes...your Horus is so sweet! And very thoughtful. He shines among them like the sun that he is! ;)

Can't wait to get back to playing. I'm on the edge of my seat!!! I'm not sure who will win at this point! Aack!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member

@pammiechick great chapter. I'm also shipping Kalani & Kalani. Have a great vacation #TeamKalaniSquared
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Great update @pammiechick! <3 Loved seeing Kalani meeting all the slaves. I feel for her - it will be hard to narrow it down (to 3?), and choose who her mate will be. I enjoyed getting to see my Dario today! You wrote him well. :blush: Have fun on your vacation - we'll all be waiting eagerly for your return! haha!! B)
  • SpurklyNinjaSpurklyNinja Posts: 76 Member
    Great update! I enjoyed seeing Kalani meeting all the slaves (and meeting them myself ;) ) Have a great trip! (Italy sounds amazing :smiley: )
    ~Live a little, and dance a lot while you're at it~
  • kanivarakanivara Posts: 41 Member
    Haaaaaaaaah I can't wait to see Benedict up in here. XD
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Great update! I'm inclined to ship Kalani and Horus, although Kandor intrigues me a lot.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member

LOL! An easy ship name for sure!!! <3

If they had a kid they should name it Kalani.