Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easing Into Spring Gifts Exchange -- Sjappie, Your FINAL Gift Is Ready To Be Unwrapped!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Nice layout and great shape! It's a wonderful starter!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Sj - I'm glad you like your second house. Starters have always been tough for me to build, cos they start out cheap enough, and then up where your sim has to take out a LOAN just to *buy* the house! lol So, you're wanting a starter house was a first for me!! Thanks.

@Ciane - Thank you again!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Wow another starter house that will fit somewhere in my game I'm sure. Great layout (I never know where to put the bathroom in a small house)!! I like the idea of a starter house on a smaller lot, it leaves a lot options for the owner to decorate without busting the budget.
  • Options
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Wow another starter house that will fit somewhere in my game I'm sure. Great layout (I never know where to put the bathroom in a small house)!! I like the idea of a starter house on a smaller lot, it leaves a lot options for the owner to decorate without busting the budget.

Right! And with each one that I had built, I was trying to come up with a different layout. I only wish I was really skillful at building the way other people are. You see their houses and wonder how did they do that! Plus, on a smaller lot, there's not a whole lot of space that you can use. (obviously) For Josette's starter, I had thought the same thing! lol "Where am I going to put the bathroom??" I kept thinking of wanting to use the all-in-ones, but then the price would go sky-high.

Thanks, by the way!!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

Right! And with each one that I had built, I was trying to come up with a different layout. I only wish I was really skillful at building the way other people are. You see their houses and wonder how did they do that! Plus, on a smaller lot, there's not a whole lot of space that you can use. (obviously) For Josette's starter, I had thought the same thing! lol "Where am I going to put the bathroom??" I kept thinking of wanting to use the all-in-ones, but then the price would go sky-high.

Thanks, by the way!!

The good part of small starters built on small lots is that you can later put them on larger lots and expand. I had a bad habit of starting on huge lots and being stuck with them, now I am trying more and more to start on smaller lots.
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Another great little starter house! Quite a few of those going around this exchange...I love it! :smiley: And having the room to expand the landscaping/garden once you have the funds is great, gives everyone a way to customize it!
  • Options
    The good part of small starters built on small lots is that you can later put them on larger lots and expand. I had a bad habit of starting on huge lots and being stuck with them, now I am trying more and more to start on smaller lots.

I always thought that if you did that, the house looked stuuuupid. And then, in order to "save it", you just kept on building to (more or less) fill the bigger lot. But yeah, since _I_ did mine on 20 by 20's, they will most definitely work on 30's or even 40's. The only problem _I_ usually have (if I were to move my lots) is when you're trying to place them and make them fit on the center point in the front.

Another great little starter house! Quite a few of those going around this exchange...I love it! :smiley: And having the room to expand the landscaping/garden once you have the funds is great, gives everyone a way to customize it!

Thanks hon! And you're right. I knew what seeds I had wanted to plant there, but again - like you said - this way it gives you all a chance to customize your own way!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Just great starters... all of them. I really like your color scheme on this last exterior. :smiley:
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Just great starters... all of them. I really like your color scheme on this last exterior. :smiley:

Thanks hon!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Ok, the Efficiency Starter is my favorite of the three! It will look so cute in AS! So cute and colorful! The window from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 set works perfectly, too. :)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    The Efficiency Starter looks soo cozy! It's a very cute but still practical little house :)

Thanks again Prissy! And give the team of sim realtors my sincere thanks as well ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Ok, the Efficiency Starter is my favorite of the three! It will look so cute in AS! So cute and colorful! The window from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 set works perfectly, too. :)

Thaaaaaaanks!! Having since built the 3 houses, I haven't even *opened* my game to see how they would look in AS! LOL :D Once this exchange is over, I'm going to have to do that.

The Efficiency Starter looks soo cozy! It's a very cute but still practical little house :)

Thanks again Prissy! And give the team of sim realtors my sincere thanks as well ;)

You are so very welcome!! And ConcreteSim Realty was very honored to have been her realty choice. LOL :D

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Cottage Italiano is great too! Another one that will be perfect for AS! And great job following a blueprint, that's not easy in sims!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Cottage Italiano is great too! Another one that will be perfect for AS! And great job following a blueprint, that's not easy in sims!

Thank You!! I had a little trouble with this one. But, you're right. It's not easy! Every time I thought I had the dimensions right, I had to delete the walls, the flooring...... it was driving me crazy! And I needed to build this house - as well as all the others - on lots that Sj could easily plop them onto.

And since you (like a few other people) mentioned AS a few times, I'm thinking that once this school year (for the local kiddies) is done, I'm going to have to open that world and play!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Cottage Italiano looks very nice. Especially the interior made me very, very happy!!

@MsPrissy88 you really spoiled me :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Cottage Italiano looks very nice. Especially the interior made me very, very happy!!

@MsPrissy88 you really spoiled me :)

And that -- making you very, very happy -- was the effect _I_ was going for. YOU, my dear friend, are very welcome!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    The other compliments are found on the main gift exchange thread :)

Cottage Italiano has some wonderful curb appeal! Another roof that catches the eye ~ you do have a way with selection, especially since these can't be re-colored. The way the kitchen counters coordinate with the floor tiles is really nice... tried to do the alternating colors on walls before but never thought of this.

Your presentation of all of them was an enjoyable read.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yay, starters! :smiley:

Sunny Heights is a great basic starter! Perfect for the sim that wants a chance to slowly make it their own personal home :)

Efficiency Starter is fabulous too! I really like the bright red roof; the house looks so happy from the outside AND the inside is so bright and welcoming too! Just lovely :)

And Cottage Italiano is very nice; definitely looks great for entertaining!

Rec'd :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @MsPrissy88 - beautiful gifts here - got them wRECked! x
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Hello @MsPrissy88. I have finally worked my way here to see what lovely gifts you've made. Grant and Rusty are a great pair. I particularly love Rusty (because I particularly love dogs ;) ). He has really nice husky-like markings and colors. Your videos are so cute.

So many nice starters. You can never have enough of those. Charming Starter and Sunny Heights both look to have enough space that you could put in a second bedroom (later if your simmies need/want) and still have enough room in their main living areas, which is a nice option to have. Efficiency Starter is, of course, a little smaller, but it's a very cute house design. (Personally, I'd like to have Mr. Shawn sim to go along with it. Love his face and prematurely white hair.)

Cottage Italiano is a nice build as well. I like the floorplan you chose for it.

I have you all rec'd. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    Hello @MsPrissy88. I have finally worked my way here to see what lovely gifts you've made. Grant and Rusty are a great pair. I particularly love Rusty (because I particularly love dogs ;) ). He has really nice husky-like markings and colors. Your videos are so cute.

So many nice starters. You can never have enough of those. Charming Starter and Sunny Heights both look to have enough space that you could put in a second bedroom (later if your simmies need/want) and still have enough room in their main living areas, which is a nice option to have. Efficiency Starter is, of course, a little smaller, but it's a very cute house design. (Personally, I'd like to have Mr. Shawn sim to go along with it. Love his face and prematurely white hair.)

Cottage Italiano is a nice build as well. I like the floorplan you chose for it.

I have you all rec'd. :)

Hiya Suzses! Thank you, for starters. I had a lot of fun when I was testing Grant and Rusty. And since I didn't want to get too ahead of myself in actual "playing".... (for I would have used my actual gaming recording software, instead of the in-game one) .... Rusty just looked TOO CUTE with the wagging of his tail and barking, how could **not** suddenly start recording?

I had never built anyone else a starter home, so this was a first for me! I did a few for myself when I had built my last world, but, those were mainly for me. Charming and Sunny each have lots that are big enough to expand if you really wanted to. Well.... so does Efficiency. As for Mr Shawn Bennett...... you can download him from my studio!! He's on page 2. Third from the bottom. ;)

And finally -- Cottage Italiano. The floor plan for that house, even though it is actually a little different than my version, was a little tricky. I couldn't enlarge the plan any more than what the page was giving me, so I really was "just winging it". I'm just happy it all worked out in the end!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Now, before I forget and leave some of you out........ THANK YOU, each and every one of you for your kind words about my builds and gifts to Sj!

Addy - LOL! I was actually trying to figure out how I could incorporate each of the colors that Sj said that she liked, IN to Cottage Italiano. So, from a hippie/🐸🐸🐸🐸 sort of view, I suppose you could say that the kitchen has a sort of "boho" look to it. (kind of like the boho stuff that came with one of the sims 4 packs! lol)

Hanne - Thank you thank you. When I was building Sunny, I thought I was going to have enough money left over to plant some stuff. Ooooops! I suppose I could have slimmed the house down a little, but, that's the trouble with starters (at least for me) ....... I never know *when* to quit. That's why when it came to Efficiency, I really went tiny! You know... now that I think of it, I suppose you could probably build something similar to Efficiency Starter when you have sim go to Uni! Build them a really small house, that doesn't have much inside.

But any way.....

My plan for Cottage Italiano was to have that house be a starter! lol Yeah..... again - oooops! But, I'm more than happy it turned out this way. Like you said.... "definitely looks great for entertaining!"

And Ms Ari - I thank you very much!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube