Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    That must be so so hard for beautiful Twan - he is such a trooper and I really must say that I respect Far even more with her treatment of her cousin and his condition.
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Aww Twan :(

Yes, poor kid!
    All caught up =)

Glad you are! :blush:
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    Bookmarked! :)

Thank you!
    Kamio wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee - I missed the last few updates!! What are you doing too me??? Tatum's happy ending was beautiful! :heart:

But Twan. My heart broke :heartbreak:

He's such a sweet child. You hit me in the feels! Looooooved catching up!!!

Thanks for catching up anyway! Glad you liked Tatum's short love story :)

I was going over to Phantom's house to screenshot Twan as a child, surprise! He's insane. Had to change the chapter to fit it :lol:
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    That must be so so hard for beautiful Twan - he is such a trooper and I really must say that I respect Far even more with her treatment of her cousin and his condition.

It was a surprise for me as well! I wanted to show of his child stage, and he turned out to be insane in the middle of screenshotting. So I wrote Farrah as I thought she would handle such a situation :blush:

3.12 Ambition

30_5_16_17_03_06.png

"Farrah, dear. Thank you for joining us once again today." Valerie was busy greeting all members when she stopped Farrah. "We have someone new joining us today, his name is Maxime Cormier. A French descendant." She softly squeezed Farrah's arms. "And he is quite something to look at, if I weren't married." She winked at Farrah, the remark made her blush. "Oh wow.." She whispered, staring at the floor. "He was interested in you, darling. Or rather, in the violin. I told him about our amazing member whom practically taught everyone. And about her beautiful personality, outstanding looks and legal age, of course!" Valerie laughed a deep warm laugh.

30_5_16_17_05_16.png

"Valerie!" Farrah, scolded. She hid behind her hand to hide her colour. "Oh dear, please. You are a young woman! Don't tell me you aren't looking for someone." Farrah got even more red, she was looking for someone. She had a legacy to run after all. Yet this was so unexpected. Almost like it was thrown in her lap. "He's a real fun person to be around, Farrah. Friendly as well, try to get to know him. For me." Valerie pushed, a sincere smile on her face. "And if it doesn't click, it doesn't click. But I doubt that, he's such an handsome, ambitious French man!"

30_5_16_17_05_34.png

"Are you talking about me, Valerie?" A tall and dark haired man appeared behind the club leader. "Maxime!" She squeeled, this is Farrah! The violist." Farrah pretended she didn't notice the big wink Valerie shot at him. "Farrah, I've heard so much about you!" Maxime smiled friendly. "Only good things, I hope." It was the most cliché answer she could think of. "Of course, Farrah! I don't have a bad thing to say about you!" Valerie gushed.

30_5_16_17_07_05.png

"Now I'm going to prepare our stuff, get to know each other!" Valerie said in an cheerful tone, slowly backing away. Farrah moved so that she stood across from Maxime. "So, Valerie told me you've been playing the violin for a long time now." Farrah gave a crooked smile, the man was indeed handsome. "Ever since I was a little kid." She admitted. "Did you practice a lot?" He asked, giving her a friendly smile. "She must have, the girl plays like a goddess." A fellow member meddled in the conversation, Maxime raised an eyebrow. "I can really appreciate people who are ambitious about what they do." He praised her.

30_5_16_17_09_08.png

After their short conversation, Valerie ushered Farrah to show off her skills. Farrah wasn't really a 'show-off", but she wanted to show Maxime just how dedicated she was. As her club gathered around her, she lifted the violin. She knew that unfamiliar faces would join her as she started playing, forming a small audience. It sometimes made her nervous.

30_5_16_17_11_30.png

It was the main reason Farrah preferred playing with closed eyes. Slowly she started the piece, listening to only the music and her own breath. Playing always felt like a rollercoaster, it was fun but over so soon. Seeing Maxime's cocky smile once she finally opened her eyes again, made it worth it. After being applauded and congratulated with her performance Maxime took her apart.

30_5_16_17_13_51.png

"Consider me impressed." Were the first words he spoke. "I don't think I'll ever catch up to that level, but I'll try." Farrah smiled shyly. "Thank you, I look forward to teaching you." A friendly smile was her answer. "When did you get interested in music?" She then asked, making him laugh. "Since I've read about this club, I'm an ambitious person, and love being part of a group. Even to the point that I'd learn a instrument." The last few words weren't even heard. "I love being part of a group to! It was a real pain to find a group that loves you back, though." Maxime 🐸🐸🐸🐸 his head at the words. "I hope you'll feel at home here." She added.

30_5_16_17_14_14.png

"So, is your ambition also your job?" He then asked. Farrah immediately felt defeated. "I... I have more ambitions, and truthfully none of them is my job." She raised her head. "I don't have a job." A pitiful expression filled Maxime's face. "I just, got no luck in the job department. I'm trying to write a book, but it's no steady income. If any publisher even wants to work with me. Honestly, I'm getting desperate." Maxime shook his head. "I'm so sorry to hear that, life is too hard on creative people."

30_5_16_17_18_00.png

"I'll find a job eventually, I'm sure of it." She whispered. Maxime laid his arm on the bench. "I'll look out for you, okay? I work in this big company, surely someone must know anyone in that department." Farrah laughed. "That would be really nice of you, but you really don't have to." A deep stare made Farrah shut up. "I insist."
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I hope Maxime and Farrah will be great friends and maybe even more ;)
    I hope Maxime and Farrah will be great friends and maybe even more ;)

I'm just swooning the entire time he's on my screen :lol:
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, I think these two are gonna be good friends.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I don't know why but I get a had feeling about Maxime. I hope I'm wrong :o
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I just had a Max Attack!! or a Cormier Coronary??!! Either way I am tickled pink she has some eye candy to share with us LOL - great update!
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    A boyfriend/husband and a job? Sounds like a deal to me! LOL ;)
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Finally I'm all caught up again. Twan has immediately won my heart. Farr is apparently very good with kids. About time she had her own. With Max perhaps? :wink: I probably shouldn't have said that, since my ships tend to end up at the bottom of the sea. :lol:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • FrantikaFrantika Posts: 159 Member
    Ooh, a potential husband appears! We'll see how it goes with Farrah and Monsieur Maxime. :smiley:
    VsmclH4.jpg
    Yeah, I think these two are gonna be good friends.

So do I :lol:
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I don't know why but I get a had feeling about Maxime. I hope I'm wrong :o

So do I! Look at that face! (And it's not like I totally know what'll happen :lol)
    Marialein wrote: »
    Do we have the first potential spouse ;) or Farrahs first job. Both would be nice

It certainly would be!
    I just had a Max Attack!! or a Cormier Coronary??!! Either way I am tickled pink she has some eye candy to share with us LOL - great update!

I swooned over him so much! :lol:
    He's almost entirely game-generated, I only pulled on him a little. And gave him his super cute freckles :lol: #VainAuthor
    A boyfriend/husband and a job? Sounds like a deal to me! LOL ;)

It certainly does! :lol:
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Finally I'm all caught up again. Twan has immediately won my heart. Farr is apparently very good with kids. About time she had her own. With Max perhaps? :wink: I probably shouldn't have said that, since my ships tend to end up at the bottom of the sea. :lol:

Farrah is too sweet not to be good with kids :lol:
    I already have the route planned out for Max and Far, let's hope they wont face any glaciers :smirk:
    Frantika wrote: »
    Ooh, a potential husband appears! We'll see how it goes with Farrah and Monsieur Maxime. :smiley:

Let's throw a ball and see how that works out :lol:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Farrah has such an ethereal vibe about her. I feel like I'm transported somewhere magical whenever I see her and read about the way she interacts with others. If she's interested in this guy, he's one lucky man.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Farrah has such an ethereal vibe about her. I feel like I'm transported somewhere magical whenever I see her and read about the way she interacts with others. If she's interested in this guy, he's one lucky man.

Thank you so much! That's really flattering to hear <3
    Farrah is definitely one of my favourite characters to write, she has such an unique personality in my head :blush:
    3.13 A better life

30_5_16_18_57_12.png

Blue admired his wife as she entered the garden. "There you are!" She said, watching her husband patting the seat next to him. "Come sit down, Sophia. I want to talk to you about something." Sophia's expression got more serious. "Nothing bad I hope?" She asked, but Blue shook his head. "No, just sit and rest a little. You've been gardening all day." Sophia gave a quick nod, breathing out as she sat down. "What did you want to talk about with me?"

30_5_16_18_21_50.png

"Yesterday I saw Farrah blowing out her 22 birthday candles at her own." Blue told, making Sophia tilt her head. "I can't believe she still does that, I though she stopped that after her eleventh." Blue shook his head. "Apparently not. But I was less surprised by the fact that she did, then by the fact that she did without us." Blue was a family man, and his daughter celebrating her birthday alone hurt his heart.

30_5_16_18_21_15.png

"I didn't want her to feel confronted, so instead I sang her happy birthday. At first she was surprised, but then she turned all red." Blue grinned. "Do you think she knows how often she shifts in colour?" Sophia shook her head in laughter. "That it?" She then asked, but Blue shook his head. "She let me finish my entire song before she finally dare to came close."

30_5_16_18_23_45.png

"I didn't know you were here." Farrah defended herself, but her father smiled friendly. "Of course I am here, it's my youngest daughter's birthday." Farrah shook her head. "It is indeed." Blue softly took her hand. "Did you not want us to be there to celebrate?" He asked, a sadness lingering in his eyes. He swallowed the lump in his throat. Farrah aggressively shook her head. "Oh, no dad! It's not like that at all! I just didn't want to bother you!"

30_5_16_18_45_34.png

"Do we make you feel like you bother us?" Blue asked, at which Farrah again shook her head. "Of course not, but I didn't want you to feel obligated. I'm an adult, a year older is actually just a day older." Farrah explained. "Birthdays aren't that special anymore, but mom told me grandma blew out the candles her entire life, once. So I just..." Blue got teary at the emotional thought behind Farrah's secret birthday. "Dad, you did amazing with me. With all three of us. Don't worry."

30_5_16_19_03_09.png

"After she had reassured me I realised what an amazing life we were able to give our girls." Blue said, his arm resting on his wife's shoulder. "More children deserve a life like that, Sophia." Sophia smiled. "They sure do." She agreed. "We can give them that life, Sophia." At this she grew silent. "What?" Blue's eyes lit up. "There are unwanted children out there, Soph. Think what we can give them! I don't know how long we'll stay young, how much extra time is granted us, but we can actually make a change in the meantime."

30_5_16_19_01_11.png

"Blue... We have three children." Sophia murmured. Blue shook his head in laughter. "I know, but think about it, Soph." He squeezed her shoulder. "We're young, we'll stay young. We can love a child." Sophia gave a quick nod. "Adopting really is something beautiful." She agreed. "But we don't know what'll happen when we start aging again. Will we age normally from that point on? Or will we wilt in an instant?" Blue took her closer. "Think about it, we can help someone so much." Blue whispered. "What about Farrah?" "We'll discuss this with her."

30_5_16_19_02_50.png

"Because might you be right, might we suddenly drastically age, we would need her to be prepared for that." He pulled her closer. "I always wanted another baby." Sophia whispered.
    This was a tender update! I love the thought of adopting, and yet the thought of becoming an instant parent is frightening lol. However, with Blue and Sophie's track record the child will be blessed! So curious to see how Far will react.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ahhhh. Since Kellie from the Heffners I just love adopting in the sims <3 I mean look at her. Really, look at her :D
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    So sweet. I hope they decide to adopt!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    *chants* ADOPT! ADOPT! ADOPT!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    This was a tender update! I love the thought of adopting, and yet the thought of becoming an instant parent is frightening lol. However, with Blue and Sophie's track record the child will be blessed! So curious to see how Far will react.

Thank you! Blue has the loves family trait, so I though a fourth kid should be fine! Without the youth-potion he would be an elder now, maybe even reaped :flushed:
    Marialein wrote: »
    Ahhhh. Since Kellie from the Heffners I just love adopting in the sims <3 I mean look at her. Really, look at her :D

I can only hope this kid will be as stunning as Kellie is! I just got it in game and it's such an interesting character! (And yes, I'm totally keeping the gender a secret :lol:)
    swcheppes wrote: »
    So sweet. I hope they decide to adopt!

That would be great! It is kinds the plan :lol:
    *chants* ADOPT! ADOPT! ADOPT!

You hear it! Go buy a baby!

• anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    This was very precious. Blue is right, they can make a real difference on a kid's life, for the better. :)
  • FrantikaFrantika Posts: 159 Member
    Yay, adopted kid! It's fun to see the genetics, but it's also really cool to throw in something random ;)
    VsmclH4.jpg
    This was very precious. Blue is right, they can make a real difference on a kid's life, for the better. :)

They definitely can! Especially with their expanded lifetime :blush:
    Frantika wrote: »
    Yay, adopted kid! It's fun to see the genetics, but it's also really cool to throw in something random ;)

Exactly! I already got my Grace genes carried on to the next gen, so let's be surprised for once :lol:

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Blue has such a big heart. Their adopted child is going to be so happy.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi