Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Comments

• Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Chaper 3 – Someone

I didn’t know how much time had passed since I had heard that voice. It felt like an eternity. The voice had said that I was stuck in between. I felt ready to move on but somehow I couldn’t. I pleaded to the voice to let me go and release me, but I was still here. Just that one sentence the voice had said to me: You are stuck and there is still something you have to complete.
    What should that be? I felt lost in the darkness. I was so lonely. I was pretty sure that I had been here already for a while but I never had seen someone else. It was just me and my thoughts. Sometimes I just sang. I mean obviously nobody is here to feel annoyed of it. My voice sounded strange here. It was as if it was re-echoing from everywhere, but at the same time every tone disappeared in the second it left my mouth. No matter how lonely and frightened I was, I couldn’t help myself but being amazed by it.

uJyWq5w.png

Today the darkness felt different. Sometimes it changed a bit. With the time I had already spent here I could see or feel the difference. It got cold. I thought as a dead one I couldn’t feel the cold anymore, but it was cold. Maybe it was my soul which was shacking. I wrapped my arms around me. I wished I could snuggle myself into Mamas warm arms right now. My arms around my light body didn’t help to feel me better. Papa would have found a way to make me feel better.

jX2IdVT.png

I let myself fall down on the not existing floor. I tried my best to hold back my tears but I was really bad at it. I guess I would have cried if it would have been physically possible. I was so worried of my parents. They had just always wanted me to be happy. What if already that much time passed and they died? What would happen if they could move on and I was not there? I kept starring into the black surrounding. I had always imagined the death different. I had always thought that you die and there is just nothing. You disappear as if you have never existed. You know, when it ends it ends. The only one who are feeling bad are the left beloved ones. One day you wake up as a new born. Maybe I should have been a Buddhist. A little smile came quickly over my face, but it disappeared very fast. The worst thing was that my mind never stopped. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t switch off my thoughts. They were always there and I couldn’t escape them. I felt trapped to be alone with my mind. It made me feel even more lonely.

ZuN8TEE.png

Suddenly I heard something, but that couldn’t be. It sounded like a breath. My mind had to play a trick on me. It couldn’t be.
    “I heard you singing. It was beautiful.”
    A voice. It was not the same like the one I already had heard. It sounded much more like … like the voice of a human being.
    I was so happy in that moment and so scared. I just didn’t know what to do.
    ,Angel, calm down. There is nobody. There haven’t been someone the last times you thought that there is one. Just close your eyes and it will stop.’

jWOLR8k.png

But this time it didn’t stop. I heard the breath and I could nearly feel it in my neck.
    “Who is there?”
    I tried to sound brave. I really tried, but I guess it sounded more like a frighten baby kitten.
    “I don’t do you any harm. Basically it is impossible. You are already dead and so am I.”

xgBDZkn.png

Slowly I stood up and faced the … I would say hooded creature. I could not see its face.
    “Are you the death?”
    “No. I am one of his helpers.”
    “Can I now move on? It feels like an eternity.”
    The figure was silent for a few long moments.
    “I fear not.”

UgkXTGV.png

I panicked. I would have to spend more time here. I just couldn’t be here anymore. It felt like a was punished. Then I got an idea.
    “I am a bad person right? This is why I am still here. I should be punished to learn my lection.”

tSVh77Y.png

“No. Your heart is as pure as light. I don’t know why you can’t move on.”
    I felt how despair came over me. No. I couldn’t stay any second longer here. I felt a heavy push on my chest. It took me my breath. I was lost. There was no hope for me.
    “As I said, I heard you singing. I am here to show you a way out here. I can’t bring you to the next step but I can help you to feel a bit better.”

bSWpBAA.png

“How will you do this? Here is nothing but darkness.”
    “You will go back to the living world as a ghost. Just in the night. You can’t leave the place you died. As soon as the sun raises you will be back here in the darkness. It is not much what I can do but at least a bit.”
    “You mean I could be at my parents house again? I … I …”
    I was not sure what I should say. Maybe it looked as if it wasn’t much but it was an escape for some hours.
    “Thank you. I am sorry for complaining that much, I didn’t even ask you what your name is.”

txJ5J54.png

“Don’t worry. I saw much less brave souls than yours. I don’t have a name, so don’t mind for not asking. Now, its close to midnight in the living world. Do you feel the push? Go there.”
    I looked for a moment at the figure. I really felt suddenly a push. I started to walk towards it. I shot a last gaze back and went away. Somehow I was sure the figure watched me. I tried to see something but all was just dark.

CBr9o1x.png

And then …
    Then it wasn’t dark anymore …
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Brilliant! I love the idea that the reaper has helpers I mean 'death' is a ton of work after all. I can't wait to see what is in store for her.
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Brilliant! I love the idea that the reaper has helpers I mean 'death' is a ton of work after all. I can't wait to see what is in store for her.

Even the reaper can't do all alone ;) After all he has more important things to do like playing computer games after someone died :D

Do you wanna know how Angel greeted reapers helper? She kissed him on his cheeks and I was like whaaaat? No sim had ever greeted another sim different that with a wave in my game. I was so surprised of it. :D
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I wonder what's keeping her from moving on. And I'm very curious what face is hidden under the death helper's hood. The lower part of his face looks definitely cute. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    One more great chapter <3 I'm a big fan of mystic and I like to write such stories myself, so... I can't wait for the next chapter. Already. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I wonder what's keeping her from moving on. And I'm very curious what face is hidden under the death helper's hood. The lower part of his face looks definitely cute. :)

I don't know if it is a spoiler or not. I just put the who is under the hood in a spoiler
    It is Kandor :) I wanted to use him somewhere and I was not really in the mood to create someone in Cas. I don't know which role he will play or if this was his first an last appearance … we will see
    One more great chapter <3 I'm a big fan of mystic and I like to write such stories myself, so... I can't wait for the next chapter. Already. :D

Thanks <3 next chapter is a Shaiyenne chapter. ;)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I feel for Angel so much! She really was to young to die! Luckily you're going to bring her too life an everything :lol:
    The hooded-man was so mysterious! I hope we get to see him again!
  • Options
    I feel for Angel so much! She really was to young to die! Luckily you're going to bring her too life an everything :lol:
    The hooded-man was so mysterious! I hope we get to see him again!

That is always my thought. Angel is such a cute sim and I adore her.
    Well, lets how the story developes ;)
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Angel is worthy of her name :) Can't wait to see who/what she will meet in her first trip into the living world!
  • Options
    Chapter 4 – Dating time

If you ask me what the perfect start for a day is I would say some fresh eggs with bacon and my favourite movie on TV. Guess what? That was how my morning started. It was now the second day in my new home and I felt still like I was dreaming. That house had just everything I needed. There was no annoying unpacking. Okay yeah except my cloths and a bit personal stuff, but with that I had been done in an hour after I arrived here. The only bad thing was that it felt a bit lone here. This house needed to be filled with a bunch of kids. I would prefer that they would be mine but hey, adoption had always been a good option in my sight. For now the bigger question was if I should try to find a job or if I should try my luck as an unknown painter in a new city. I guess I needed a job.

pOGX89o.png

But not now. Now came my favourite scene of the film. The policeman saved the young woman he had loved his whole life out of the hands of a criminal who had wanted her just for himself. Then they kissed. Oh how much I adored this movie. Probably I found already my cute policeman to save me from a loveless life. It was just 10 a.m. in the morning so I guess Maruice wouldn’t be too happy to hear already from me. After all he had a night shift. Well, better wait a bit.

JSl9Xuq.png

I knew that this house hadn’t been used for a while and so it was not surprising that the sink needed a bit time to shine again. I looked around, but it seemed as if the sink was the only thing I had to fix or better I had to clean it.

FWiwzhX.png

It was still pretty early and so I decided to start a new painting. I needed to make myself a good portfolio to be ever seen as a professional artist. By now my results were … whatever. I had time to improve my skills.

QXVU6XO.png

After several new beginnings, some not nice words when it didn’t end up the way I imagined and some finished pictures I decided that it had been enough for today. Then I couldn’t wait any minute longer. I had to call Maurice.
    “Hey sweety. Do you remember my promise?”
    “Yeah sure. Shai right?”
    “Sure. I know you couldn’t get me out of your mind.”
    I heard a soft chuckle from the other side of the line.
    “How could I?”
    “Listen, you and me, we will spend the evening together. I will make us a little dinner and you can tell me all your cop stories.”
    “Sounds like a plan. I have to work until 6 p.m. but then I am yours for the rest of the day.”
    “Good. Do you know my address?”
    Well that went better than expected. I gave him my address and he promised me to show up in time. After all, he had said, you can’t let a girl like me wait. I had a date. I just hope that he liked salat. I was not the best cook but the way this conversation had gone I was pretty sure I could also serve him old hard bread and he wouldn’t mind.

kUQhKbX.png

I still had some hours until my date and so I decided to call the nice people to hang out with me. They all agreed and I wondered if all artists had the whole day time to do whatever they liked.

AZ0xWdI.png

We ended up painting in my garden. It was nice to have someone around while I painted.

G6faGd6.png

Another good factor was that as soon as the guys, Fabian Huppertz and Dominic Freys, saw the poor garden they started to tend it.

gK86l5h.png

Anne Peters (left) and Monica Löhrer decided to paint a bit with me. Turns out that they werent really good at it. I guess just cause you are into art didn’t mean you can really paint. But hey, we had a nice time and so the time until Maruice came over passed faster.

jmaMw6Q.png

I had to admit that I even forgot the time a bit. I had just started to cut the tomatoes when I hear a knock on my door.
    “Come in, it is open!”
    So now I really had no time left to make me fresh before my date.

ohmqfft.png

Maruice joined me in the kitchen. He smiled all over the face like a child who got this favourite toy.
    “I guess your promised dinner isn’t finished yet, cutie?”
    “I probably forgot a bit the time. It won’t take very long anymore. Maybe you just sit down and I will finish it.”

jgZLGeY.png

While I was preparing our salad we chatted about the usual things. Family, friends, movies, funny cop stories and so one. Maruice lived in a police WG and so all of his roommates were colleagues. He told me that it was sometimes hard to switch off if you have always the same people around. Then he asked me if I knew why this house was so cheap.
    “There was a murderer a few years ago, right?”
    “Right. It was the first time I had been called to a such a case. Do you know about the victim?”
    “She was quite young as far as I know. it is very tragic.”
    "It was hard for her parents. In 15 years of being a police officer in Windenburg I had never seen such a sad case. We never could solve the case. It is hard to not think about it while I am here."
    I know I should may care more about what had happened here but I liked more to focus on the present and not the past.
    “Sorry, cutie. Sometimes it is hard to forget.”
    It was okay. After all he saw that this was not the topic for a date.

Ez6GRY3.png

After the little break of flirting I was glad when he started again. During the whole dinner Maruice couldn’t take his eyes of me. We flirted and made each other compliments.

v0f6Owk.png

I suggested to watch a movie together, but he didn’t take a seat to watch the film. He gave me a signal to stand up again. For a moment I was not sure.

MswaTYs.png

But then I stood up. I closed my eyes for a moment and saw our date in my inner eye again. Plum it. This was a great date. I wanted to do the next step and I was pretty sure Maruice too.

lxE5bPz.png

I kissed Maruice. Somehow I wished he would wear right now his uniform but hey, I took what I could get. He was surprised.

G47YJk6.png

First. Then he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me full of passion. Our chemistries really worked together.

inGI4iO.png

When he finally released me I had to take a few breaths.
    “Hey, Shai. What do you think about showing me the rest of the house?”
    Okay I knew definitely what that meant. I took Maruices hand and took him upstairs.

i05pwPY.png

Well, looks like I have to show him around another time. We barely managed it to get into the bed if you know what I mean. Normally I wasn’t that kind of girl, but I couldn’t resist. Maybe he was the right one. It was easy with him. He was handsome and had a good job. My mother would say that I should keep him and never let Maruice go again.

4828GG0.png
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I agree with keeping Maurice around. They seem to get along very well ;)
  • Options
    Now I recognized Angel's and her parents ex-house when I started to read this chapter... I think Shai will change her opinion very soon if Angel will return :) I mean that she said Maruice she doesn't care about the past or something similar to this. Shai and Maruice are cute together :) I guess their night will not be without the consequences ;)
    Impatiently waiting for the next chapter :)
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I love your take on this challenge @Marialein! <3 The prologue was creepy but very well written. I liked Angel's memories and Grim's helper was nice idea. I love Shai already and Maurice looks like a good catch. ;)
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I agree with keeping Maurice around. They seem to get along very well ;)

Yeah they really come along quite good :)
    Now I recognized Angel's and her parents ex-house when I started to read this chapter... I think Shai will change her opinion very soon if Angel will return :) I mean that she said Maruice she doesn't care about the past or something similar to this. Shai and Maruice are cute together :) I guess their night will not be without the consequences ;)
    Impatiently waiting for the next chapter :)

I really thought that it is obviously that Shai lives now in Angels old house :D I guess it wasn't.
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I love your take on this challenge @Marialein! <3 The prologue was creepy but very well written. I liked Angel's memories and Grim's helper was nice idea. I love Shai already and Maurice looks like a good catch. ;)

Ohh thank you very much <3
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Bookmarked :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Oh I was expecting the ghost to interrupt them but this was such a nice relationship development!
  • Options
    The life of a sim, where you have to build a relationship asap! :lol:
  • Options
    Bookmarked :)

Yay <3
    Oh I was expecting the ghost to interrupt them but this was such a nice relationship development!

You will see Angel in the next chapter and why she isn't interapting them
    The life of a sim, where you have to build a relationship asap! :lol:

That could be ;)
  • Options
    Chapter 5 – Between life and death

I looked around me. I stood in the kitchen of my … Shaiyennes home. At my first visit Shaiyenne had been already asleep. I had looked around the house and when I had looked into the guest room I had seen her sleeping. A man had left in the middle of the night, but when I had tried talking to him he couldn’t see or hear me. He had just gone straight through me. The same was with Shaiyenne. One night she had stayed up until late in the night to paint. She had mumbled something that sounded like I have to finish this for my work. I had come to her and I had looked over her shoulder. I had said her that she needed the right emotion to get inspiration and make a good painting. This was one of Mamas little tips. Shai couldn’t hear me. Then I had touched Shais shoulder and imagined a clear picture in my mind while I had closed my eyes. I had imagined the colours, the way the pencil painted on the canvas and the emotions. When I had opened my eyes again I had seen a shinning in Shais eyes. That was the right thought. She had started to paint full of passion and my heart had made a little happy jump to see someone that passionate about art.
    Since that day I always searched for Shai. Every time I hoped that she was painting but the most of the time she went into bed before I appeared out of the darkness. But I guess it was okay. I loved to see the house I grew up. Everything was still as I could remember except a few things Shai brought with her. I guess my parents couldn’t sell it or change anything cause of me. That made me sad. I didn’t know how they were doing or if they were happy. I just hoped so. Maybe Mama helped in the orphanage like she had done before she got pregnant with me. Maybe they adopted a older child to give him a chance. I didn’t think that I would ever know, but these thoughts kept me happy and hopeful.
    Today Shai was already asleep and so I wandered a while through the house.

lBK6eQl.png

As long as I could remember the piano have been my favourite place in the whole house. It hadn’t changed. I still loved to sit there and breath in the scent of the old mahogany wood. I would love to play again but I was not sure how. I could move a few little things but it still cost me a lot of energy. When I got too tired my light figure disappeared and if I still wouldn’t stop I would be back into the darkness. However, I got stronger with every training. I wanted to try out how it was today and if I could may play tonight but I didn’t want to wake up Shai.

QakKM4k.png

I stayed a few more moments at the piano cause of a different reason. On the wall was still one picture of my parents. I had taken it after my first real performance. They were so happy on the picture and that was what I wanted to think how they were feeling right now. They deserved to be happy.

E1w2z64.png

I went upstairs to the chess table. I didn’t play the game. I just wanted practising to take things in my hands. Maybe i could play piano once again. This was my goal for now. It was just a bit but that would make me really happy. Probably I could paint once in my life … I mean existence … whatever … Probably I could paint once again without Shai. Then a thought came into my mind. What if I couldn’t move on cause I was supposed to help people like Shai? You know, to find someone inspiration. What if I was a muse? But shouldn’t the helper of death be able to say me that? Okay I guess I was not a muse. I didn’t think that muses had to be in the darkness during the day, but it was a nice thought.

35iSBpH.png

After my chess figure lifting practice I went into my old room. Nothing had changed since I died. I stopped at the board with the postcards I had collected when I was younger. I had wanted to visit all those countries and see the whole world. Now I was just happy to be able to see something different than the darkness. Nevertheless, I felt suddenly a desire to be able to leave this lot. I didn’t want to be dead, but I would have to learn to live with it.

rHM8kMd.png

Then I felt the typical pull again. The darkness was calling for me. I just let me fall into it. Everything got dark again. Even though, I was getting used to the feeling of loosing the floor under my feet I was still shaking in the cold air of the darkness. I put one warm around me. It was a natural reaction but it didn’t help a bit.

3uuyAv0.png

I found something that helped me. Happy thoughts. When i was feeling good the darkness could only reach my senses but not my heart. My heart was keeping me warm. Now it helped when I thought of being a muse. I wanted to be the inspiration for everyone who was seeking for it. A smile came over my face. It would be nice to be a muse even though it was just for Shai.

uWaDpzA.png

But I was not a muse. I was a stuck soul in the darkness between life and death.
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    This reminded me of the movie Ghost a bit when Patrick Swazye was trying to pick things up as a ghost :) Lovely chapter!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Your words are so poetic - I loved this line, "... I still loved to sit there and breath in the scent of the old mahogany wood." It provides an imagery and I can almost smell the mahogany :)<3 I cant wait to see how Shai and Angel help eachother :)<3
  • Options
    I also thought about movie Ghost like @swcheppes when I read this chapter :) According to all I know about ghosts, poltergeist and other paranormal things it was very logic movement of author <3 Everything needs an energy, no matter you are dead or you are alive. If even you are ghost you have to learn how to live in that form what Angel tries to do. I hope she'll reach her goal. Very well written and great chapter as always! <3
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    This reminded me of the movie Ghost a bit when Patrick Swazye was trying to pick things up as a ghost :) Lovely chapter!

I have never seen the film :D but I guess it is no new idea of me. Thank you for reading <3
    Your words are so poetic - I loved this line, "... I still loved to sit there and breath in the scent of the old mahogany wood." It provides an imagery and I can almost smell the mahogany :)<3 I cant wait to see how Shai and Angel help eachother :)<3

I never thought that I could be poetic :D I wrote this chapter in 45 minutes and posted it without thinking twice about it. I make that with every chapter ;) you know that you always make me blush, right?
    I also thought about movie Ghost like @swcheppes when I read this chapter :) According to all I know about ghosts, poltergeist and other paranormal things it was very logic movement of author <3 Everything needs an energy, no matter you are dead or you are alive. If even you are ghost you have to learn how to live in that form what Angel tries to do. I hope she'll reach her goal. Very well written and great chapter as always! <3

I have the idea from a book called auracle. It is a really good book ;)

As always thank you all for reading <3
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    swcheppes wrote: »

I have never seen the film :D but I guess it is no new idea of me. Thank you for reading <3

I never thought that I could be poetic :D I wrote this chapter in 45 minutes and posted it without thinking twice about it. I make that with every chapter ;) you know that you always make me blush, right?

I have the idea from a book called auracle. It is a really good book ;)

As always thank you all for reading <3

Maybe someday I'll find this book and read it, too ;) By the way, Ghost is an old movie, but it's sensible, I'd recommend you to watch it someday ;)<3
  • Options