Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member
    I know I'm a little late, I hope I made it :)
  • HuedMollHuedMoll Posts: 64 Member
    Posted my build on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn7KgxCi17k&index=2&list=PLOAAR5zg-q7OMmZ2szouvzWU-_WfPfjxZ

Did a small screenshot from all entries at the end. If that bothers anyone, let me know and I'll remove. (My videos get like 10 views, so it isn't really super 'public' more like a video just for us).
    I missed putting your screenshot in the video, @noisybrain. But I will post one if I do a video this month.
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2016
    noisybrain wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #177 - The House of Dolls
    NAME: noisybrain

LINK TO LOT:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915876

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/noisybrain/library/BnS 177 House of Dolls

Great minds think alike!! LOL My second Empire build, which I did not end up using or finishing, seems to have the same outside! I had made some adjustments, but I like what you did with yours better! As you can see, I could not get the roof pieces to show the same color pink as the windows, even though they were the same color. And my tower windows were still showing. :( It was the first time I used the roof pieces.

Screenshot-1_zpsfeoepcto.jpg

http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/Second Empire Build

Great job on all the lovely builds ladies!! This one will be tough!

Gorgeous @iampes23! It is a tough month. I love everyone's build!
    edited June 2016
    All of the builds are incredible great job everyone!!! @iampes23 I love it, you did a great job. The pink looks like it matches it's just the angle of the lighting that makes it look different. I love the hydrangea bushes you put on the porch roof that was very creative thinking I wanted to do something like that but ended up just using some ivy. @HuedMoll its ok I was late getting it finished so I understand :)@Kgaff I cant get over how much our houses resemble eachother <3 great job!
    All of the builds are incredible great job everyone!!! @iampes23 I love it, you did a great job. The pink looks like it matches it's just the angle of the lighting that makes it look different. I love the hydrangea bushes you put on the porch roof that was very creative thinking I wanted to do something like that but ended up just using some ivy. @HuedMoll its ok I was late getting it finished so I understand :)@Kgaff I cant get over how much our houses resemble eachother <3 great job!

LOL I like the porch roof too, but it was a necessity since no roof angle would allow me to use those windows. ;) It was really done to hide an otherwise flat roof! But thanks for the encouragement!

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I have a feeling all of us who did Second Empire used the same inspiration piece! I think we all did a fab job B)
    Kgaff wrote: »
    I have a feeling all of us who did Second Empire used the same inspiration piece! I think we all did a fab job B)
    Wow! I looked at yours before--how did I miss that! You are totally right--I just flipped mine!
    Wonder when we will get a new challenge?
    Wonder when we will get a new challenge?

Me, too. I hope nothing is wrong. No one even posted when the previous challenge was over. This is not normal.
    I hope everything is okay
    :|
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Apologies. I had a death in the family and have been out of town until today. Thought we had it covered, but it unfortunately didn't get posted while I was gone. Getting the next challenge up now. Sorry for the wait!

~ArikaB

GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #178 - Getaway

You sit on the edge of the fountain in the middle of Central Park, enjoying the warmth of the sunshine, the fresh spring air, and the peals of laughter from the nearby playground. It’s a beautiful day, after what has seemed like an entire month of rain. Your eyes close in momentary bliss.

“Pardon me?” says a deep, smooth voice from somewhere near your left. You open your eyes to see your next client standing there, sunlight gleaming on his chocolaty skin. You hurry to your feet, shaking his hand firmly. “Lionel Young, pleased to meet you.”

“Mr. Young, it’s so good of you to meet me at the park today. It’s been so dreary lately that I hated to spend another minute inside, work or no work.”

“Agreed. A little sunshine is good for the soul.” You motion for Lionel to be seated, watching him fold his large frame with an unexpected grace. “That’s sort of what I wanted to talk to you about,” he says, with a smile that deepens the laugh lines at his eyes.

“Oh? I’m intrigued! Tell me how I can help you.”

“I teach Honors Simlish and coach JV basketball at the Community School for the Gifted. Now that school is almost out for the summer, I have some time for a project I have been mulling over.” Lionel pulls out his smartphone, swiping his fingers over the screen, until he shows you a photo of a gorgeous dark-skinned woman, with tight raven coils, deep brown eyes and a wide, warm smile. “This is my wife, Arden. She’s a hospice nurse with Sacred Spleen Memorial.”

“It takes a special kind of person to work in hospice. That must be a heart-wrenching job.”

“It is. And Arden is special.She works very hard. In addition to her job, she has also spent the last year caring for her elderly mother, who recently passed away.”

“I’m so sorry,” you murmur.

“Thank you. It’s been hard on both of us, but Arden especially. They were very close. What I’d like to do is take her away for a while, somewhere warm where she can sink her toes into the sand and recharge. Being a caregiver is incredibly taxing. When Arden’s mother passed, she left us a decent sum of money. I’d like to use some of it to surprise Arden with our own vacation home.”

“I would love to create the perfect little getaway for you and Arden,” you say, thinking about hammocks and palm trees and fruity little drinks with umbrellas. You could use a vacation yourself… “What did you have in mind?”

“It’s really just a rough idea. Something warm and tropical with an ocean view, with outdoor areas where we can hear the waves and taste the salt in the air. It will just be the two of us -- we don’t have any children -- so we only need one bedroom and bathroom. I would like for both to be indulgent, spa-like, so Arden can really relax. A small kitchen with a dining space and a living room area. I think I’d like it all to be fairly open, so we can see the ocean from just about anywhere.”

“Do you have any preferences on style or color?”

“I’m not much of an architecture buff. Just something relaxed and comfortable. Soothing colors would be nice. I have $35,000 to spend. Will that work?”

“Mr. Young, pack your bags. You will be relaxing in the sun and sand by the end of the month!”

The Brief:
    Create a relaxed, beachfront vacation home for the Youngs on a 20x15 lot, in the world of your choice (can be a vacation world for those with WA)
    $35,000 budget
    1 bedroom, 1 bathroom that are spa-inspired
    Kitchen
    Dining area
    Living area
    Open concept
    Ocean views
    Outdoor space for relaxation
    Soothing color scheme

Optional Challenge:
    Create Lionel and Arden Young. Lionel is a teacher who is athletic, a bookworm, and friendly. Arden is a hospice nurse (medical career track) who is a genius, a bookworm, and good. Show them enjoying their new vacation home.

Due Thursday, June 30th

Deadline: Thursday, June 30th, 2016, Midnight CST
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I know I'm a little late, I hope I made it :)

We were *really* late getting the challenge closed and the new one posted. Your entry definitely made it in!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Apologies. I had a death in the family and have been out of town until today. Thought we had it covered, but it unfortunately didn't get posted while I was gone. Getting the next challenge up now. Sorry for the wait!

~ArikaB

We are all very sorry for your loss. There is absolutely no need to apologize. We were just concerned.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss ArikaB!

~ArikaB

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Condolences for you and your family.
    Thanks, everyone. My grandpa was 92 and suffering from dementia, so while it was a very sad occasion, I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. He was laid to rest next to my grandma on what would have been their 53rd wedding anniversary. That's about as perfect as something like that can be. <3

-ArikaB
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I'm so sorry about your grandpa! <3
    How's this for being "PLUM"? I have been working on my entry for this challenge all the time mumbling to myself that I wish there was just a little more room on the lot. Turns out I have been working on a 15x10 lot the whole time :grimace: !!! Now that I have the right sized lot I have all kinds of room. YAY!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited June 2016
    How's this for being "PLUM"? I have been working on my entry for this challenge all the time mumbling to myself that I wish there was just a little more room on the lot. Turns out I have been working on a 15x10 lot the whole time :grimace: !!! Now that I have the right sized lot I have all kinds of room. YAY!

@Kgaff That would be tight! I think I used every square inch of the 20x15 (might have helped if I did a 2nd floor, but I didn't). :D This hasn't been good for getting sleep this week LOL because I've been obsessed.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've got mine done already and I too used most of the lot and did not add an upstairs. I'm 3 simoleans under budget. :wink:
    cvr2-e1465692555370.png
    Post edited by ciane on
    edited June 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #178 **Getaway**

NAME: iampes23

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8923881 (currently showing up as a blank page :( )
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/n2pvpelc2i7tm11/Beachfront_Getaway.Sims3Pack

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/BnS 178

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15, a place lot in Barnacle Bay, $34,295

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The lot is right on the beach, with the waves just off the property! Since it is so close to the rather calm coves waves, the house is on stilts. The wood paneling on the exterior are pre-exposed to the weather, so it has a gray patina. Large windows in every room give one unobstructed views of the ocean!! Even the furniture is positioned so as to allow the best views of the water. No electronics were included to allow the owner to fully disconnect from the outside world and relax. The landscaping is natural to the beach. Air conditioning is included, but the numerous windows also can let in a breeze! Parking is off-site.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no CC-just recolors :D

Screenshot-12_zpsghe60oyc.jpg

Post edited by iampes23 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top