Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There needs to be a lighter brown/caramel hair color

FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I just recently went from black to caramel (in real life) and honestly, none of these colors match me. I have the options of either blonde, red, or dark brown. The one light brown that's closest to my hair color has grey in it. I chose the orange hair because it's "the closest" by default, but it really isn't close at all. I'm just confused because light brown is honestly a popular hair color, I'm surprised they didn't give the option for one, but I really wish they did. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

**I don't use CC, please don't recommend it to me**
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• Phoenix_ForcePhoenix_Force Posts: 44 Member
    There need to be more hair colors in general. Some of the colors are too saturated or dark, the red colors in particular. Also would love to see more highlights instead of one color for both men and women. I often use the brunette and black versions with grey to make the hair a bit more diverse.
    Origin name: Duuuc
  • FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    There need to be more hair colors in general. Some of the colors are too saturated or dark, the red colors in particular. Also would love to see more highlights instead of one color for both men and women. I often use the brunette and black versions with grey to make the hair a bit more diverse.

I agree, they really limited us on colors in general. The red is seriously overbearing.
  • Phoenix_ForcePhoenix_Force Posts: 44 Member

I agree, they really limited us on colors in general. The red is seriously overbearing.

Which is a shame cause red is my go to color when creating game characters. I thought I was so original with my redhead female Shepard until Mass Effect 3 came out...
    Origin name: Duuuc
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Just bring back the color wheel xD

Seriously, though. We wouldn't have to keep begging for more hair colors if we were able to customize them just the way we wanted. That was one of my favorite features of Sims 3. I loved how I could perfectly customize my hair for each of my sims.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
    Syllyra wrote: »

Seriously, though. We wouldn't have to keep begging for more hair colors if we were able to customize them just the way we wanted. That was one of my favorite features of Sims 3. I loved how I could perfectly customize my hair for each of my sims.

I 100% miss the color wheel entirely. It's been a downer trying to work with their preset options that are so limited with either hair, clothes, furniture, whatever it may be. It's so hard building a house when the colors just aren't "right" to your taste.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2016

I don't think the color wheel worked for hair colors, did it? o.O
    Zafireria wrote: »

Yes it was able to work for anything you wanted.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »

Yes it was able to work for anything you wanted.
    Ooooo well then! I played Sims 3 and I had no idea xD
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Another thing I hate about hair colors is each one has a set color if it's with an accessory or two-tone. Like if I want brown hair with orange ends and my only options are the brown with green ends or blonde with orange ends. I really miss the color wheel for hair and eye colors, there's not enough unnatural colors either.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Another thing I hate about hair colors is each one has a set color if it's with an accessory or two-tone. Like if I want brown hair with orange ends and my only options are the brown with green ends or blonde with orange ends. I really miss the color wheel for hair and eye colors, there's not enough unnatural colors either.

That annoys me too! I don't use the ones with two tones but I noticed they only have one color with them and that's it.
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I agree there really needs to be more hair color choices. I wanted to make a sim with sort of an Amber color hair. I guess orange/blonde mixed and the option just does not exist. I'm so happy they are giving us more choices but I feel this needs to be one of the choices to be added!
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

I agree there really needs to be more hair color choices. I wanted to make a sim with sort of an Amber color hair. I guess orange/blonde mixed and the option just does not exist. I'm so happy they are giving us more choices but I feel this needs to be one of the choices to be added!

And I'm not a developer so this is a guess, but I feel like adding a few more hair colors isn't THAT big of a task. I could be wrong, it might actually take quite some time, but I feel because it has no animation and it's just a color that it wouldn't that much of a hassle.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    tumblr_nv5dwfi6Xu1uhq4nqo1_1280.png

I want the plum and caramel. :p

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Agreed! My sister has light brown hair, and I can't make a sim version of her. Or at least, not an accurate version. I also wish that hair accessories were recolorable, and also removable. There's some hair that I just don't want a ribbon or something attached.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I also wish that hair accessories were recolorable, and also removable. There's some hair that I just don't want a ribbon or something attached.

^ YASSSS.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes please - all of these!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I definitely want all of those as well, but like you said, caramel is what I need.
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    I really, really miss the colour wheel for hair! (and eyes...) :( the sims 3 had basically the perfect solution: not only hair colour could be choosen from some presets, but you could choose with the colour wheel, and save your own colour in the presets. And the chance to change higlights and tips... sigh. :/ I find most of the sims 4 colours for the hair to be way too limitanting. Plus I hate that the colour is attached to the hairstyle.
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    I really, really miss the colour wheel for hair! (and eyes...) :( the sims 3 had basically the perfect solution: not only hair colour could be choosen from some presets, but you could choose with the colour wheel, and save your own colour in the presets. And the chance to change higlights and tips... sigh. :/ I find most of the sims 4 colours for the hair to be way too limitanting. Plus I hate that the colour is attached to the hairstyle.

One time I was creating my friend and her hair was exactly the style of that short choppy one with highlights, but she didn't have any highlights :/
  • buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    I'm positive you can find custom content with your desired color, not to mention hairstyles that look much better than anything EA will ever release.
    buydebug wrote: »
    I'm positive you can find custom content with your desired color, not to mention hairstyles that look much better than anything EA will ever release.

In my original post, I stated I do not use custom content.
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    It would be nice to have more color options. I've never been quite satisfied with the color options we were given in game. I've been slowly working on making my own for personal use because I haven't really found someone that covers quite the range of natural hair color options that I want. Though I do like subtle variety in my colors which is probably why I had a hard time with the games limited colors.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I agree that we need more hair colours. Even if we can't have a colour wheel for furniture, adding a colour wheel to hair really can't be that terribly difficult. The hair colours (and eye colours, for that matter!) just aren't enough.
    Also, we need more hairstyles with assesories, or assesories that can be added to hair like hats.
  • JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    edited February 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JoyfulSims on
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    buydebug wrote: »

In my original post, I stated I do not use custom content.

why?
    xyIcMqt.png