Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    I wanted to find out if this is a known bug in the MC command center. When i tell my sim to read a book, she'll read for a while but then suddenly will stand up, and the book will be on the ground next to her. Like she got reset. Sometimes the book is dropped at an area that i can't drag and drop it back into her inventory. So I need to watch her anytime she reads so that I won't lose the book and wonder where it went.

Actually, this also happens when I have a lot of sims in the hot tub sometimes. They'll all appear outside the tub.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Do you know if the mod is ok to use with the new patch, or should i remove it until there's an update? I could see possibilities for conflicts here.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Thank you but I think my question was misunderstood. I was asking why the settings had to be reset going from MC version 2.9 to 2.10. With previous version settings (ie. 2.7 to 2.8, 2.8 to 2.9), it always kept my settings in place, and only the new things would be altered (as applicable). With version 2.10 I had to go through every single module and make my choices again of which things I wanted altered as it set everything back to default. My question was, if a new version is supposed to set all settings back to default?

The male pregnancy I didn't explain well, so my apologies. I don't play with any other mods.
    Everything else seems to be working fine in my game, so all is well. However, I'm still confused on these version changes. I may need to keep my own log of my settings if each version takes you back to square one, as I don't remember everything I picked.

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate your help in getting these questions answered.

In answer to the version question, I have had no problems going from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0 and keeping settings and, as far as I know, nobody else has reported issues with it either. So I can't really begin to guess why you would have the problem when nobody else has had it...if you manually edit your cfg file, if you make a syntax error issue in it, that can cause the file to regenerate, but there is nothing in the standard upgrade process that deletes all settings and recreates them from scratch (unless there's a syntax error in the file).

Thanks so much for answering. Perhaps, I'm doing something wrong. I'm fairly new to the MC Mod (which by the way is AMAZING). I started at version 2.7. So, when a new version comes out, am I supposed to do delete everything and put in all the new download files? Is there any file I should keep?
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Do you know if the mod is ok to use with the new patch, or should i remove it until there's an update? I could see possibilities for conflicts here.

Great question! I was wondering the same. I took it out, for now, until I hear more. I've updated my game with the new patch. Not sure how the game will run on a save that I was using MC Command, now that I've taken it out (i.e. meaning if non-household Sims that were pregnant will stay pregnant & have the baby, etc.).
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

Great question! I was wondering the same. I took it out, for now, until I hear more. I've updated my game with the new patch. Not sure how the game will run on a save that I was using MC Command, now that I've taken it out (i.e. meaning if non-household Sims that were pregnant will stay pregnant & have the baby, etc.).

I'm running it now, seems ok so far. I was mostly thinking that the same sex pregnancy settings in the mod might conflict with what EA just installed. Or the mod just might override those settings, guess we'll have to wait and see what @Deaderpool says.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Deaderpool : Not sure if anyone's asked you this already, but would you be able to add a setting for townies to be able to use the unisex CAS options? Or to use some of the gender customizations that are outside of whatever gender the game decides they are?
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Deaderpool : Not sure if anyone's asked you this already, but would you be able to add a setting for townies to be able to use the unisex CAS options? Or to use some of the gender customizations that are outside of whatever gender the game decides they are?
    There are already options in the game for same-sex or opposite-sex relationships. No changes are needed for that. As far as the dresser outfit parts are concerned, those may work without any changes. I can't really say yet.
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything yet in any conflicts that looks like there are any direct conflicts yet. I just finished updating a few minutes ago and am decompiling the new python scripts from EA and the new XML before I can actually start running and looking at things myself. There should be lock-ups or error messages in the mc_cmd_center.log file or LastExceptions.txt if there are conflicts and problems. I haven't heard of those happening so far.
  • Options
    @egwarhammer Thank you but I think my question was misunderstood. I was asking why the settings had to be reset going from MC version 2.9 to 2.10. With previous version settings (ie. 2.7 to 2.8, 2.8 to 2.9), it always kept my settings in place, and only the new things would be altered (as applicable). With version 2.10 I had to go through every single module and make my choices again of which things I wanted altered as it set everything back to default. My question was, if a new version is supposed to set all settings back to default?

The male pregnancy I didn't explain well, so my apologies. I don't play with any other mods.
    Everything else seems to be working fine in my game, so all is well. However, I'm still confused on these version changes. I may need to keep my own log of my settings if each version takes you back to square one, as I don't remember everything I picked.

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate your help in getting these questions answered.

In answer to the version question, I have had no problems going from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0 and keeping settings and, as far as I know, nobody else has reported issues with it either. So I can't really begin to guess why you would have the problem when nobody else has had it...if you manually edit your cfg file, if you make a syntax error issue in it, that can cause the file to regenerate, but there is nothing in the standard upgrade process that deletes all settings and recreates them from scratch (unless there's a syntax error in the file).

Thanks so much for answering. Perhaps, I'm doing something wrong. I'm fairly new to the MC Mod (which by the way is AMAZING). I started at version 2.7. So, when a new version comes out, am I supposed to do delete everything and put in all the new download files? Is there any file I should keep?
    You should delete the package and ts4script files and leave everything else. When you unzip newer versions into the folder, it will update your settings to be compatible with the new version so you don't have to reset them.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

Hej, I have it in my game and it works just fine, I have not had any problems with it although I did take out the "dresser mod" just in case. There are a few others here that have it back in their game as well and it works for them too.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    I wanted to find out if this is a known bug in the MC command center. When i tell my sim to read a book, she'll read for a while but then suddenly will stand up, and the book will be on the ground next to her. Like she got reset. Sometimes the book is dropped at an area that i can't drag and drop it back into her inventory. So I need to watch her anytime she reads so that I won't lose the book and wonder where it went.

Actually, this also happens when I have a lot of sims in the hot tub sometimes. They'll all appear outside the tub.
    This is actually a problem with the core game with pathing. When Sims try to move somewhere and can't figure-out how to do it, or when they try to change from one posture (like sitting in a hot-tub) to another (like standing doing an emote or something) then sometimes they will not be able to correctly transition between states and it causes a reset to happen.

For the books, this is tied-to the "Put Books Away" code in MC that ensures that teens put away their homework when they finish it or Sims put books back in bookshelves. For some people, they get a lot of resets from this. I don't know if it has to do with where they're reading and possibly no bookshelves around or something, but in the next release, I have added a setting for that "Put Books Away" fix so it is optional and can be turned-off if it is causing someone problems.
  • Options

You should delete the package and ts4script files and leave everything else. When you unzip newer versions into the folder, it will update your settings to be compatible with the new version so you don't have to reset them.

Thank you so much! Appreciate your help.
  • Options
    lilonesub wrote: »

Hej, I have it in my game and it works just fine, I have not had any problems with it although I did take out the "dresser mod" just in case. There are a few others here that have it back in their game as well and it works for them too.

Thank you! Appreciate the feedback. & thanks @MocaJava as well. I'll add MC back in my game. I actually can't play without it lol.
    I started a new save, new family...so I'll see how it goes.
  • Options

This is actually a problem with the core game with pathing. When Sims try to move somewhere and can't figure-out how to do it, or when they try to change from one posture (like sitting in a hot-tub) to another (like standing doing an emote or something) then sometimes they will not be able to correctly transition between states and it causes a reset to happen.

For the books, this is tied-to the "Put Books Away" code in MC that ensures that teens put away their homework when they finish it or Sims put books back in bookshelves. For some people, they get a lot of resets from this. I don't know if it has to do with where they're reading and possibly no bookshelves around or something, but in the next release, I have added a setting for that "Put Books Away" fix so it is optional and can be turned-off if it is causing someone problems.

I see. This reset behavior also occurs almost every time that my sim finishes performing an examination on a patient. The patient resets and i have to readmit him to the exam bed. Sometimes commands in a queue will be forgotten.
  • Options

I see. This reset behavior also occurs almost every time that my sim finishes performing an examination on a patient. The patient resets and i have to readmit him to the exam bed. Sometimes commands in a queue will be forgotten.
    I think that we've seen that it happens more often when you have a lot of Sims in your lots if you're using a mod to increase that.

That said, I've not really heard of the issues with the different interactions you're talking about. I know about books, because that does tie-in with my mod's fix to put away books in an indirect way. I could see the hot-tub just due to the changes in transition states. But with you having them in all these different places, there's a good chance you have another mod that has not been updated that needs it and is breaking things. Or maybe you just need to repair your game?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I love MC Command Center.
    I really do.
    So is it me who is doing something wrong or why won't my sim flags stay "on"??
    I click certain flags ..sometimes only one, sometimes more. I double check and yes they are there..I save and go to play with another family.
    Few days later I go back and check and all the flags are gone. Why?

Thank you for helping! <3
    Flags are just "traits" just like any other trait the game uses for anything else. The only thing that could make them disappear as you describe is if the game cannot find the package files with the trait details in them when you save/load. Or if you try to upload a household to EA that may strip-out some of the custom content, which would get rid of traits, probably. Otherwise, just like any other traits Sims have, they should keep them forever. That's why I use traits in the first place. :)

Well, TBH I have seen (and reported) that at least one thing will remove flags... it happened when I aged a sim up using CAS from teen to YA, and then went back to look at him live. Hugo Villareal, it happened to.

But I've never EVER had them fall off randomly like that. What other mods do you have? I'd check everything... right now (and I haven't PLAYED yet with this) I have MC, UI Cheats, 3 Columns in CAS, and Show Sim Info (all updated for the last patch, all from MTS). And a little cc.

• Options
    There have been two reported errors with MC and the new patch so far, one from something with clowns (I haven't seen that one), and I got this from the Skills upon loading the game, before I ever even went onto a live lot or got the Initializing Alarms line...

[06/03/16 19:03:25]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\egw\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MC CC\mc_cmd_center.ts4script\mc_injections.py", line 310, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
    CommandCenterModule.set_buff_skill_difficulty()
    File "C:\Users\egw\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MC CC\mc_cmd_center.ts4script\mc_cmd_center.py", line 722, in set_buff_skill_difficulty
    for modifier in buff_skill_flag.game_effect_modifiers._game_effect_modifiers:
    AttributeError: type object 'buff_MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_SkillChangeFlag' has no attribute 'game_effect_modifiers'

Already reported it to MC's thread, just showing it off, here.
  • Options
    There are already options in the game for same-sex or opposite-sex relationships. No changes are needed for that. As far as the dresser outfit parts are concerned, those may work without any changes. I can't really say yet.

@Deaderpool I think you missed.

I think the question is more about using the NEW unisex "gender fluid" options for incoming new townies, since EA code is set to leave them generating looking/acting more "hetero" like they always have.

I'm sure they did that for the people who do NOT want that set of options applied to incoming townies... but, those who DO would like to be able to turn that ON. If it can be done. :)

@Pegasus143 am I close?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

@Deaderpool I think you missed.

I think the question is more about using the NEW unisex "gender fluid" options for incoming new townies, since EA code is set to leave them generating looking/acting more "hetero" like they always have.

I'm sure they did that for the people who do NOT want that set of options applied to incoming townies... but, those who DO would like to be able to turn that ON. If it can be done. :)

@Pegasus143 am I close?
    I didn't think I missed anything. I thought I answered that with the answer about dresser outfit parts. Like I said, I think it would work without any changes and I was talking about unisex options and dresser affects incoming new townies. If you were to whitelist a man's outfit while wearing it on a woman Sim, I think Dresser would let you do that. That outfit would then be available to other women Sims regardless of whether they were NPC's or not and also regardless of the unisex settings for those Sims.

Basically with the way dresser already works, it will support unisex clothing options across the game. Now if you want some Sims unisex and some not but want Dresser to handle that somehow, that's a different story.

Am I missing something else or did I miss something again?
    Post edited by Deaderpool on
  • Options

I think that we've seen that it happens more often when you have a lot of Sims in your lots if you're using a mod to increase that.

That said, I've not really heard of the issues with the different interactions you're talking about. I know about books, because that does tie-in with my mod's fix to put away books in an indirect way. I could see the hot-tub just due to the changes in transition states. But with you having them in all these different places, there's a good chance you have another mod that has not been updated that needs it and is breaking things. Or maybe you just need to repair your game?

i have a mod that increases party size to 200, removes cap of 20 sims on a lot. and extends party time to 18 hours. I tried playing with all script mods disabled, and still had the same problem with the readmitting patients to the bed. I will try reparing game just for heck of it.

Are script mods the ones i should look at updating more so than normal CC mods?
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Yeah, I was mostly asking about unisex clothing being possible to generate on townies @Deaderpool @egwarhammer But you've answered my question, so I'll probably run the update tonight so I can start experimenting.
  • Options

i have a mod that increases party size to 200, removes cap of 20 sims on a lot. and extends party time to 18 hours. I tried playing with all script mods disabled, and still had the same problem with the readmitting patients to the bed. I will try reparing game just for heck of it.

Are script mods the ones i should look at updating more so than normal CC mods?
    Script mods and, even more so, tuning mods for this last update. There wasn't a whole lot of script changes but there were changes to things like custom buffs and some scenario tuning-file elements. Most custom-content like clothes/hair/makeup/etc. will not be affected.

Having a very large party could cause problems with Sim interactions resetting. Something to keep an eye on for sure!
  • Options
    @Deaderpool Deaderpool, I thought I'd mention that I have a bachelor's degree in computer science, and I'm working on a master's degree in data mining. With that being said, I have a lot of potential to write script for the sims 4 and offer help with big projects like yours, but not a lot of time to learn or research it because I'm focusing on my master's.

In the menu settings i noticed that i can set restrictions on muscle and fat. Can this functionality be extended to target specific sims? I have a captain america sim and he's lost quite a bit of muscle. I can't have that. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Deaderpool Deaderpool, I thought I'd mention that I have a bachelor's degree in computer science, and I'm working on a master's degree in data mining. With that being said, I have a lot of potential to write script for the sims 4 and offer help with big projects like yours, but not a lot of time to learn or research it because I'm focusing on my master's.

In the menu settings i noticed that i can set restrictions on muscle and fat. Can this functionality be extended to target specific sims? I have a captain america sim and he's lost quite a bit of muscle. I can't have that. :)
    Not at this time. I may add a flag at some point that allows that Sim to have a frozen physique. The Appearance templates wouldn't change them and they would not gain/lose muscles or fat over time. That's about the only way I can think of that would allow functionality similar to what you are looking for, I think.

Cool on you for the career! :) My bachelor degree was in Computer Information Systems, which back in my day was the "business version" of Computer Science rather than the "scientific version". There's a lot of talk now-days about how there is a severe lack of new-blood coming in from colleges with computer focus so I think there will be lots of demand for your career path.

I've had offers from others to help with scripting or testing in the past. I appreciate it! It's just my hobby and I don't want to let go of it for now. Who knows what will happen in the future, though!
  • Options
    MC and Woohoo 2.11.0 are up!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Change log post (more details on the update are on the description page... good stuff!)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5031219#post5031219

And I've sent out 5 links to woohoo in PMs... if you were NOT one of them and you NEED the alternate download to get 2.11.0... PM me!

I'm drowning in info here, and running out of time (work night) to dig people up. Anybody who PMs me tonight will see a woohoo link in your box in the early AM. I'll be checking in when I walk in the door, trust me! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top