Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Am just completely exhausted and stressed out at the moment. Between my health issues, the house remodeling, and my new job, I barely have time to breathe.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Am just completely exhausted and stressed out at the moment. Between my health issues, the house remodeling, and my new job, I barely have time to breathe.

focus on your health
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @venusdemilosims your health is the most important hugs.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited May 2016
    @jillbg I've been downloading the story posts into LibreOffice Writer (Open Source version of Word) and viewing it in web format. I could probably upload content the same way you do then. That sounds easy enough. I may try a blog. "Should be fun," she says naively. :#
    RE: Road trip. There are a few places in Alaska's Inside Passage I haven't seen: Sitka, Skagway, Petersburg, Ketchikan. We might head into British Columbia too.

@Silverofdreams30 There are great updates on both these threads. I'll still be lurking there too while I work on my backstories. :)

@venusdemilosims Don't you wish it was as easy to renovate homes in real life as the sims do? Our house was built in 1981, and every year we have a new project going on. I sympathize. Take care of yourself, and I hope you enjoy your new job.
  • Options
    Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    I have a few left over screens to share.

[img][/img]Screenshot-20_zpspkl9fx9w.jpg

After the burglar got caught, Lacey/Jared went back to sleep.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zps6iy6t4lv.jpg

I checked in with Jareds brother, he ahd aparently moved in with Zelda Mae.

[img][/img]Screenshot-3_zpsxeh3qkvh.jpg

Lyra aged up to toddler, this is her before editing

[img][/img]Screenshot-4_zpsnnyq7i39.jpg

After editing

That s all I had for now need to play more hehe.

@Silverofdreams30: Did you give the Frio brothers a makeover? They look super cute! :D
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @jillbg -It's times and they got part time jobs because it's the sims version of the 16th century.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims -I hate it when the power cuts out.Great update!
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!They're just studying the skill on the iPads for now until their house is bigger and can fit more in.
    @lanlyn -I've posted here for a while along with the other thread.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Summer-1551.
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch were up early on that mid summer morning and getting ready for the day quickly.
    26172506492_2fca246c95.jpg
    They both spent most of the day until late in the afternoon studying skills on their iPads.
    26239006636_417c4182aa.jpg
    It was getting dark as they arrived at work by 7PM.
    26264939615_4d734575d1.jpg
    They got off work at 10PM and added another section of wall before going to bed.
    25660144674_86096a54d7.jpg
    It was 10:30 when they got to sleep.
    25992085230_6d70617bab.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    11acy6t.jpg

Rafael: He'd taken the colloidal silver and laid down for a nap...but whatever sickness it was would not let him rest. Not even for a moment. He'd spent his entire nap time in the bathroom, and this was his alarm going off to wake him up at midnight so he'd be up and ready to go when his boss called. His plan to not eat anything so he had nothing to come up had not stopped him from dry retching for half an hour. There was no way he was going to let his body do this to him! He needed to start work! He was not going to 'call in sick' for his first day of decoy work, he was going to go! He knew today had gone too well...this was his luck catching up to him, trying to sabotage him. Criminals were not known to be the forgiving type. He would never live it down. The last thing he needed was to have to work his way up with the contempt of his coworkers constantly referencing his 'tummy ache'! The nicknames he knew were inevitable because they couldn't pronounce his last name was bad enough...without adding a weakness to it on day one.

zna0kj.jpg

Rafael: It was a good thing no one was around to see him shaking like this, and sweating like he'd had a really good work out... he felt horrifyingly weakened...he struggled to breath. How embarrassing it would be to be seen like this. How had he gotten so much sicker so suddenly? Had the colloidal silver been poisoned? Surely, it shouldn't have burned going down like that? He hadn't seen it come back up...so it was still in there somewhere...why was it so quiet? He...wasn't breathing...? His struggling to breathe....had stopped...he wasn't breathing...and he couldn't breathe...and his heart beat...it was slowing down? What? Was this going to kill him? Was this death?

2h4hpfk.jpg

Rafael: No breathing meant no screaming...he'd never really appreciated that there was some pain relief caused by screaming, but in this moment, when he couldn't scream; it was crystal clear. Slowly, agonizing coldness crawled up his toes, up his ankles and legs, and arms...following the course of his veins...was that his body dying with no oxygen? Was this what death felt like from the inside? He'd seen people die, that was no shock to him, but of course, he'd never been them... the red mist...this was magic! Oh, no! NONONONONONO!

357fr55.jpg

Rafael: Not again! No no no! But it made no sense, there wasn't anyone here to cast magic at him! How could this be magic? Could it be the death flower? Had he died and the deathflower did something like this? But Zelda'd said that the reaper would take the deathflower and not a soul, so it seemed as though it couldn't be that.

fdsg08.jpg

Rafael: Whatever it was, he tried to fight it off...but it was sinuous and powerful, it moved inside of him like an icy snake. An icy snake with coils around every spot it slithered up, holding him.

iz81ds.jpg

Rafael: And slowly the icy snake slithered all the way up his spine, his neck, gave him a last moment of utter un-scream-able terror, and then sank it's icy fangs into his brain...
  • Options
    @Silver: Looks like they are getting some good sleep now that they've fought off the burglar and know they didn't lose anything. :D Lyra's so adorable...obviously I love the toddler hair, but I also think the watermelon leggings are super adorable. ;)

@Venus: Oh, wow, Venus! Take a break. That's a lot of stress. Take any comment time you'd use to comment to me, and play your game instead. Skip as many comments to me as you want...unless comments are helpful to you in which case, ignore my 'I wish I could help but I don't know how' advice. :D I really hope things go well for you at your new job. :D

@TadOlson: Always nice to see them making progress. :D They are quite a study in patience and persistence in getting their goals met, one wall at a time. :D
  • Options
    @Tshine2614 Thank you, yeah I did a little make over on the Frio brothers been playing
    so much with the origininal looks hehe.

@Zabeth0 Yeah they did got a nice rest after that hehe thnak you,
    great update ohhh rafael a vampire is that how he turned to one cool?

@TadOlson Thanks great update
  • Options
    Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    @Silverofdreams30: No problem! And yeah, I'm not really one to edit pre-made Sims, I just play with how the game made them.
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • Options
    I have a few more screens, I tried to move to a another hosue but none of them were big enough for the fmaily I plan for them,
    so will eventually find more hosues to add to the world.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-11_zps0m1luvop.jpg

@Zabeth0 I still could not find Laceys old bun hair again ugh, can not remember where i found it.I
    forgot to save it unfortunately sigh.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zps1x2pv6to.jpg

Lacey is a gamer ( just like me haha), she always go to the Gaming console and plays.

[img][/img]Screenshot-4_zpsw5xbybji.jpg

They had a little drive ( from when I moved them to another house, which were to small unfortunately hehe)

[img][/img]Screenshot-6_zpslcwxe3mq.jpg

Jared played with Lyra when they got back home from the drive.

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zpsvd8mwjet.jpg

and started teaching her to talk, but she look more like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol

[img][/img]Screenshot-9_zpso7e7snvr.jpg

Lyra had a evening snack and she was very happy.

[img][/img]Screenshot-10_zpsaespzefl.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-11_zps0m1luvop.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-12_zpsqmw79yza.jpg

Lacey told Lyra good night

That is all for today.

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TadOlson Great update! :D I understand that it's the sims version of the 16th century. As your sims are really hardworking and follow the daily routines of the times you picture, I was just trying to get into character. :) I love history and as an English teacher we study the pilgrims and the early settlements, especially around Thanksgiving. ;)

@Silverofdreams30 Lyra is so cute! :D

@Zabeth0 That was an incredible description of pain and fear! Psychological and physical pain... :o

@venusdemilosims It's easy enough to tell someone to relax, but it's another to be able to follow the advice. I hope you're soon feeling better, just take your time! :)

@lanlyn I wish I were you, to go to British Columbia! :) The pictures on the web are truly awesome! :o I hope you enjoy your trip!
    About a blog: It's easy enough, and the pictures you upload are bigger, better and of course there are more of them! I would totally picture spam the threads if I posted all my pics + text on the forum (usually around 40-60 pictures and about 8,000 words) Now I just post a teaser, then link to my blog for those who want to find out more! I'm sure you'd enjoy having your own blog! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!Thanks for the comment.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!I would go with backing up the Sims 3 folder instead of just saves.
    @jillbg -I did make the behavior of the sims match the times.Thanks for the comment.
    Here's something I discovered for having welfare for my sims.I've got two great custom career Mods to give welfare incomes to my unemployed sims and single parents.
    26781160854_c7fd971f89_c.jpg
    Here's how I got them on welfare.
    26781892803_8bd3ebd7b9_c.jpg
    26781888743_3f70dbe48e_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson That's cool! :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Feeling only a tad bit better now, still majorly stressed though with the new job and everything. In an odd case of life imitating art, several people at work are not happy about my new 'promotion' lol... Plus the AC is broken here so one hot and miserable night here...

@TadOlson Yep the power cutting out stinks, especially in the heat of the summer. Nice update.

@Silverofdreams30 Aww Lyra is adorable! So sweet!

@Zabeth0 Oh don't do this to me... No not Rafael... please no...

@lanlyn Enjoy your trip and thanks for the well wishes.

@jillbg Thanks.

@Tshine2614 Welcome to the 'dark side' Lol!
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    @jillbg thank you

@TadOlson thank you, great update

@venusdemilosims thank you hope things wil lbe more calm for you soon.
  • Options
    @Silver: Yeah, this is Rafael's transformation to a vampire... :D

Um, since you're good enough to add cc in your game, you might consider going to the exchange and looking for a simmer who used to post in here with the name ddsims (I think there was a number too but I'm terrible with remembering numbers)... ddsims has posted lots of screenshots of large, really awesome looking houses... I'd totally get some if I weren't so inept at the computer stuff... :D They look like they should be in magazines. :D But that's just my opinion. :D You can see for yourself ;)

Aw, well, you still found her a pretty bun, those are cute braids in there. :D Lol- she looks like she's having fun! :D Oh, the faces they make! ;) Lyra looks like a she's a princess on a throne. (Lyra: Servant woman! Bring me the Royal Mac and Cheese!) ;) (So cute!)

@Jillbg: Yeah, I'm so mean to him in the story... for a more ideal vampire transformation, you'll probably want to compare it to my last April Fools Special...(I skipped it this year since I was still on Xmas, you know, sick and all.) http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13492390/#Comment_13492390 You'll notice it was over a lot faster when he didn't have colloidal silver in his blood and knew what was happening...lol. ;)

@Venus: Ick. And to be hot and sweaty on top of all that! I hope you have lots of fans? (Though if the power cuts out, that doesn't help...) Drink lots of water? I hope things turn around for you soon!

Yeah, poor unlucky Rafael...and this isn't the worst part. The worst part is coming up. :D

@TadOlson: It really does amaze me, all the things you can do with mods. ;) (Ah, Sims 2, I really miss them having fears!) ;)

• Options
    @venusdemilosims It's really hard to handle jealousy, as whatever you do, it will be looked upon critically. Better try to enjoy your promotion, and see the good side. You got it because you're worth it! And I hope it's also more interesting and challenging (in a good way, of course!) My thoughts are with you, sending positive vibrations over the Atlantic... :)
    Having the C broken when you're used to it is horrible! :s Even if you sleep, you're not rested when you wake up in the morning...

@Zabeth0 It was a good description of a transformation nevertheless! Hmm... Will he skip his glasses now? Or will he keep them so not to raise doubts or questions? :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    213p111.jpg

Rafael: Once the pulsating waves of pain finally stopped...he floated down, and tried to even process where he'd been in pain, he'd been in pain everywhere...and he felt as though his mind had been stretched like a canvas with staples binding it tightly to a wooden frame miles long. And every so often, he felt as though bowling balls bounced off of it. That was the closest to a description as he could come to in his mind of what he felt...of just part of the pain, it didn't really cover what he felt in his body, but the mind part was the worst. When he could finally move... he still couldn't breathe... What was that mechanical racket? Was the air conditioner broken? And the wind was howling so loud outside a storm must have blown in while he was...what? Affected by some kind of magic? How had the room gotten so much brighter? He was tempted to turn off the light. His glasses were blurry and he took them off to clean them automatically...and could see clearly while they were off...what?

11v4jti.jpg

Rafael: But he needed to look in the mirror... Just to make sure he still had skin...

29qijd3.jpg

Rafael: It was instinctive, but it shouldn't have been. He hissed and barred fangs at his reflection, instead of simply being startled by the paleness and his eyes being gleaming yellow instead of dull green...considering how painful everything had just been, he was probably lucky he still resembled a human at all. That was a new instinct!

29wlrh2.jpg

Rafael: Of course, he wasn't human anymore, was he? His heart wasn't beating...there was magic there...cold, horrible magic...and his body did feel powerful...it just felt wrong, and everything was too much right now. Overwhelming. As if his senses had been somehow sharpened...his eyesight obviously had been.

Fangs, humans didn't have fangs, but he had fangs now..upper and lower fangs, wow.

30modwk.jpg

This was bad-he was a vampire- why was this bad? He didn't have to worry about being shot! He could take Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin! Not in broad daylight, but in complete darkness during the night...couldn't he? He could just walk up to him and overpower him. Finally, he could fight back! He wouldn't need to work his way up the criminal organization for years to get the power he needed, he was a vampire now!

Oh, but it was bad...because he was bitten. How did vampires talk if they couldn't breathe? There had to be a way they talked? Vlad had talked, so obviously there was a way, he just didn't know it yet. But he'd remember being bitten, wouldn't he? And there would be a bite mark on his neck, right? His neck was just as smooth as his face, not a scratch... Clearly there was some mistake and the Colloidal silver was actually a vampire elixir...somehow...clearly... Because bitten vampires were under the control of the vampires that bit them...and no one was controlling him.

Female voice: You took Colloidal Silver?! That's what's...with you! You're so lucky it...no, you're unlucky it didn't kill... I'm lucky it didn't kill you!

Rafael: Why? Why couldn't it ever be easy!?! Who and where are you?

Female voice: Oh, of course, you can figure ... a vampire in under a minute... can't put this together? That's ...funny! Very well, you can call... Mistress...you know, when you're begging....usually enjoy the carefree moments before...figure out they are my slaves...and you had to figure it ...so soon. Now I do feel...for you, you poor foool!

Rafael: He didn't know how he knew, but she was his boss, his female boss that he was supposed to be getting a call from...the sadist! This was really bad! And why did he know she was in the cursed house, or rather the basement under the cursed house...and that the reason the 'thug' was outside was because he was a young disobedient vampire being punished in the sunlight that particular day and then was punished by humiliation at Mick's? Was she feeding him this information, was this the whole vampire mind reading thing? And why would I beg when clearly you're a sadist and begging won't do any good?

Female voice: Because... not going to be able to... this rationally, no matter how much ...going to wish you could, you can't...with the love spell on you...should be just beautiful!

Rafael: She was trying to control him to harm Zelda! He felt a stab of panic, there was no way he was going to be used to harm Zelda! Did the colloidal silver keep her from being able to control him? Was that why words were cutting out in pulses, like the pain had?

Female voice: Let's find out together!

296g9ye.jpg

Rafael: "<So then...I've got good news and bad... for you, baby bird! Firstly, here... how vampires talk-feel that? It's... lot different when the body isn't... for you automatically! It adds... lot more to talking, that's for... But you'll get it eventually. The... news is-you're going to kill your wife...you're going to drink her dry...many times as it takes. And ...spell doesn't end when she dies...it's going to hurt so bad!...sure you'll probably forgive me in ...hundred years or so.>" His body said in flawless Russian...every six seconds or so, there was a second or so interruption...and if he struggled at that point...he would have control of the body for a second...not enough to do anything. "<It's that darned colloidal silver-no!-took, but it doesn't matter, I'll-NO!-anyway.>" She laughed through him. He could only say a word every so many seconds, and hold the body in place for a second. "<You are only making this funnier! -No!->
  • Options
    @Jillbg: He's got bigger problems right now, but if Rafael didn't have those problems, he'd have his glasses remade with regular lenses to help disguise the fact that he's a vampire...like how he was wearing glasses in the Thanksgiving special. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Zabeth0 Thanks I remembe rthat psoter just not the number haha, will try look around for it .
    Yeah Lyra is a little princess hehe. Great update.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Hey all! I wanted to share some of my design pics of my Sim's Marseille and her cousin, Sapphire's new house.

Screenshot-72_zpsortxscgt.png
    Screenshot-79-vert_zpsm5yx3zp7.png
    Screenshot-51-vert_zpsewqyfcpr.png
    Screenshot-61-vert_zpsen5qmmts.png
    Screenshot-70-vert_zpskm0sjnra.png
    Screenshot-139_zpsxf70xe8o.png
    Screenshot-141-vert_zps82c548av.png
    Marseille's bedroom.

Screenshot-94_zpsck4mhbxz.png
    The aviary at night

Screenshot-120_zps6ccgcvvz.png
    Screenshot-121-vert_zpsqhqgm0ex.png
    Dining area

Screenshot-104-vert_zpssufxm1bc.png
    Screenshot-108-vert_zpssfkonxld.png
    Screenshot-105-vert_zpsqnbdb8ry.png
    Screenshot-130-vert_zpsn5bnohxk.png

Screenshot-98-vert_zpsangivmej.png
    Main hall

Screenshot-155-vert_zps8lubr3kl.png
    Screenshot-152-vert_zpse0x0umrp.png
    the tea area

The home reflects the girls' African and Asain heritage. I'm going to make more cc to reflect Sapphire's Puerto Rican heritage as well.
    Currently still working on Sapphire's room. It's almost finished.

• Options
    @lasummerb: I know this isn't the most helpful comment...but I just want to tell you how amazing that looks. It's so elegant and beautiful. :D Just, wow! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm enjoying everyone's posts. Beautiful decorating and great stories.

@TadOlson Hey there. Thanks for the comment. Your welfare careers for Sims 2 are interesting. They're similar to some of the NRaas career choices.
    @venusdemilosims Sorry about the attitude you're getting because of the promotion. Jealousy just adds to the stress of starting something new.

@jillbg Well, I began work on a blog. And by "work," I really mean work! I tried to keep it simple--even went with Blogger to make myself stick to basics--but I guess I'm just too fussy. I should have known. :s

The navigation gadgets offered by default leave a lot to be desired, so now I've found myself editing CSS code, which I've never done before. And everything leads to something else. I wanted to keep my pictures a decent size, but when I went from my 23" monitor to my 13" tablet screen, I saw that I needed to narrow the columns or get rid of one, otherwise people will have to scroll horizontally and that's not good. So I'm back to the layout template!

I don't want to add too many posts yet until I make sure I'm doing things the way I want. But in order to test certain aspects, I have to have enough posts to work with. Now, I think I'll need to add different pages for each world instead of just relying on labels. But Blogger doesn't have a good horizontal menu gadget unless I use code to make one myself. Even then, I'm not sure how to link to my separate stories except by labels or pages.

This is a learning curve for sure! Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. :#
  • Options
    @jillbg I just realized I had my tablet viewing option up to 125% for some reason. When I lowered it back down to 100%, the blog layout fits fine. So maybe that won't be an issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top