Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    sk52089sk52089 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey sorry to bug you all. I just downloaded cc onto sims 4 and put it in the mods folder and everything, and whenever i try and start the game it says i can't because parts of the game are missing or damaged. whenever i take the cc out of the folder, it lets me start the game... Any advice?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited June 2016
    sk52089 wrote: »
    Hey sorry to bug you all. I just downloaded cc onto sims 4 and put it in the mods folder and everything, and whenever i try and start the game it says i can't because parts of the game are missing or damaged. whenever i take the cc out of the folder, it lets me start the game... Any advice?

Hello @sk52089 .
    This link refers to the error message that you received . It is caused by broken/corrupt cc.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/02/cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged/

The cc that you have put in is broken. I am sorry :( You won't be able to use it.
    If you added more than one cc item, then put the cc back into the mods folder one by one and test the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    People always tell me to "be myself", but sometimes I don't feel like that's an option.

Whenever I try to be myself, I just get hit with reasons why I'm not allowed. I feel really terrible saying this, but my family is always trying to stop me. I try to go on the internet, I'm told that it's wrong to go on the internet; I try to get into anime, my laptop is taken for a week. I am constantly being forced to become someone else. This is bad enough, but it really does get to a ridiculous level. I was playing Sims, when my mother stepped in and told me to stop playing the game, for fear of me being exposed to "dangerous" levels of violence. What? She even said that she's going to install a CCTV camera in my room to check on me.

What am I even allowed to do? I feel extremely limited and trapped. I just can't do ANYTHING without constant scanning.
  • Options
    People always tell me to "be myself", but sometimes I don't feel like that's an option.

Whenever I try to be myself, I just get hit with reasons why I'm not allowed. I feel really terrible saying this, but my family is always trying to stop me. I try to go on the internet, I'm told that it's wrong to go on the internet; I try to get into anime, my laptop is taken for a week. I am constantly being forced to become someone else. This is bad enough, but it really does get to a ridiculous level. I was playing Sims, when my mother stepped in and told me to stop playing the game, for fear of me being exposed to "dangerous" levels of violence. What? She even said that she's going to install a CCTV camera in my room to check on me.

What am I even allowed to do? I feel extremely limited and trapped. I just can't do ANYTHING without constant scanning.

Hello @Swiftlover13 . Your family care about you and want to protect you from being hurt. They aren't trying to trap you or limit you, even though you may feel that way. They want the very best for you, that is why they are doing these things.
    Going onto the Internet, or being interested in anime or playing the sims game isn't what makes you yourself. It is what is inside you that is who you really are. It is your care for others, your relationships with family and friends, your personality that is you, and which is of most importance and it matters. Every person is different . We all do different things, have diferent interests, and our life situations are diferent. At the same time, every one is uniquely special. There is no one else as you, and it all is because of your inner qualities.
    Try talking over how you are feeling with your parents about feeling limited. Explain more about Simming, anime and what you want to do on the Internet. The more that they understand about it, the more they are in a position that they can be at ease or be aware of concerning aspects.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Swiftlover13 . Your family care about you and want to protect you from being hurt. They aren't trying to trap you or limit you, even though you may feel that way. They want the very best for you, that is why they are doing these things.
    Going onto the Internet, or being interested in anime or playing the sims game isn't what makes you yourself. It is what is inside you that is who you really are. It is your care for others, your relationships with family and friends, your personality that is you, and which is of most importance and it matters. Every person is different . We all do different things, have diferent interests, and our life situations are diferent. At the same time, every one is uniquely special. There is no one else as you, and it all is because of your inner qualities.
    Try talking over how you are feeling with your parents about feeling limited. Explain more about Simming, anime and what you want to do on the Internet. The more that they understand about it, the more they are in a position that they can be at ease or be aware of concerning aspects.
    I send hugs to you <3

Thanks Rosemow!

By the way, shouldn't my opinions and interests be part of me too though?
  • Options

I send hugs to you <3

Thanks Rosemow!

Yes, your opinions and interests are a part of you. It comes from inside how you feel about things and is reflected in what you are interested in. Everyone has different interests and opinions and that makes us who we are.
  • Options

I send hugs to you <3

Thanks Rosemow!

Yes, your opinions and interests are a part of you. It comes from inside how you feel about things and is reflected in what you are interested in. Everyone has different interests and opinions and that makes us who we are.

This is the point I was trying to make :)

Thanks Rosemow!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    hello @rosemow even do i patch my game i am going to have a hard time accepting the new patch even do its optionel because i have a diffrent view on the subject and when i see something annouce and that i am not prepared mentaly because i am halfawake thats hard for me thank you for lisening i will not stop playing the sims4 but i do wish when new content is annouce that it could be annouce before the patch so that i can prepare myself mentaly sigh
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    hello @rosemow even do i patch my game i am going to have a hard time accepting the new patch even do its optionel because i have a diffrent view on the subject and when i see something annouce and that i am not prepared mentaly because i am halfawake thats hard for me thank you for lisening i will not stop playing the sims4 but i do wish when new content is annouce that it could be annouce before the patch so that i can prepare myself mentaly sigh

Hello @friendlysimmers . What is included in the new patch is optional in our games. We can implement it the way that we want to play the game ourselves. We respect the differing views that other simmers have and can enjoy Simming in our way. After you have had a sleep and have had time to take in the changes you will be in a better state to take in the news, and adjust to the situation.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    thank you @rosemow i think it will take getting use to but will adapt
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    Praying everyone is doing wonderful and staying blessed :smiley:
    new.png
  • Options
  • Options
    VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member
    Hope everyone is having a beautiful day. I have been a bit stressed of late. Nothing really bad because usually I keep my anxiety under control. My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour a couple of weeks back. She had an appointment at the hospital a few weeks ago and they said her first scan showed signs of swelling. The swelling could cause her some problems but so far it hasn't. The consultant believes the tumour to be benign which is what we're all hoping for. Mum had another appointment yesterday which involved her having dye put in her body and then another MRI. Apparently this one will tell the doctors if its benign or not. She gets a phonecall about the results in the next 7 - 10 days. I personally think it's benign and am keeping myself busy trying not to worry. my mum and me are very close and if she wasn't with us then life wouldn't be worth living.
  • Options
    VanGosling wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a beautiful day. I have been a bit stressed of late. Nothing really bad because usually I keep my anxiety under control. My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour a couple of weeks back. She had an appointment at the hospital a few weeks ago and they said her first scan showed signs of swelling. The swelling could cause her some problems but so far it hasn't. The consultant believes the tumour to be benign which is what we're all hoping for. Mum had another appointment yesterday which involved her having dye put in her body and then another MRI. Apparently this one will tell the doctors if its benign or not. She gets a phonecall about the results in the next 7 - 10 days. I personally think it's benign and am keeping myself busy trying not to worry. my mum and me are very close and if she wasn't with us then life wouldn't be worth living.

Hello @VanGosling . I send big hugs to you! <3 It is a stressful and concerning time that your Mum and yourself are going through with the diagnosis of her brain tumour. It is an encouraging sign that the consultant believes the tumour to be benign. It is good that your Mum has now had the MRI test and the doctors will now have a better understanding of the tumour. I will keep your Mum in my thoughts as she awaits to hear the results of the test, and yourself as you caringly and lovingly support her through all that your lives are holding. Our mothers are very special to us and is hard when our loved ones are unwell and going through health issues.i am glad that so far the swelling of the tumour is not causing issues for her. Try to take things a day by day. When you get the results from the doctor they will then be able to talk over with you what it the most beneficial steps and treatment ahead.
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well <3
    I have had some serious social problems recently. I got heartbroken a few days ago, but I am ok now. By the way, I mean I got heartbroken because a guy told me not to talk to him anymore and I got so hurt. I think he truly loved me. And I him. But you never know what true love is...
    On a more positive note, I am hopeful that I will meet another guy who seems very kind to me and he wants to meet me too. I hope we will get together in the future <3 but not getting my hopes up for another possible disappointment :(
    I also will probably graduate from high school this December. I hope I will pass the English and Swedish final exams. I also have a summer job that starts next Monday, and I'm so excited about it :) wish me good luck haha! ;)
    Happy Simming and weekend to everyone!
    -ULIBABA66/Tonza
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I have had some serious social problems recently. I got heartbroken a few days ago, but I am ok now. By the way, I mean I got heartbroken because a guy told me not to talk to him anymore and I got so hurt. I think he truly loved me. And I him. But you never know what true love is...
    On a more positive note, I am hopeful that I will meet another guy who seems very kind to me and he wants to meet me too. I hope we will get together in the future <3 but not getting my hopes up for another possible disappointment :(
    I also will probably graduate from high school this December. I hope I will pass the English and Swedish final exams. I also have a summer job that starts next Monday, and I'm so excited about it :) wish me good luck haha! ;)
    -ULIBABA66/Tonza

Hello @ULIBABA66
    I am sorry to hear that you have had relationship issues. It is upsetting when relationships are broken. I send hugs to you <3
    It is nice that you have met another person, and you are planning to meet together and get to know each other. Try to take it a step by step and see how the relationship develops.
    It is exciting you will be graduating from high school in December! That is great! I hope that your preparations for your final exams goes smoothly and that your exams go well.
    It is also exciting also that you starting a Summer job next Monday! I hope that you settle into the job smoothly and enjoy doing the work.
    I hope that you have a very nice weekend also :)
  • Options
    I'm being sent death threats from the same people on this forum who are saying that people shouldn't do these things.

I opened a thread about it, and it was instantly deleted.

ohmygod.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Good wishes to everyone going through hard times at the moment.

I am not in such a bad way but awaiting my small terrier coming back from the vet's tomorrow and am a bit stressed. He is elderly and has ruptured a cruciate ligament in his back knee so will be plastered from toe to hip and need complete rest for the next two weeks and several months of short walks. But no limp in future. I feel like a torturer. Has anybody else had this problem with their dog?

I will be nearly broke for several months to come as the insurer won't cover it but he is worth it.

My advice to anybody buying a dog is to start a "sinking fund" saving up for things your insurance will not cover!

I was grateful for the new Patch and trying to sort out a "bug" as it took my mind off his problem for a bit.
  • Options
    I'm being sent death threats from the same people on this forum who are saying that people shouldn't do these things.

ohmygod.

Hello @Swiftlover13 . It would be best to be in touch with one of sites moderators. You shouldn't be receiving death threats. The best step is to pm one of them.
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »

I am not in such a bad way but awaiting my small terrier coming back from the vet's tomorrow and am a bit stressed. He is elderly and has ruptured a cruciate ligament in his back knee so will be plastered from toe to hip and need complete rest for the next two weeks and several months of short walks. But no limp in future. I feel like a torturer. Has anybody else had this problem with their dog?

I will be nearly broke for several months to come as the insurer won't cover it but he is worth it.

My advice to anybody buying a dog is to start a "sinking fund" saving up for things your insurance will not cover!

I was grateful for the new Patch and trying to sort out a "bug" as it took my mind off his problem for a bit.

Hello @Mchap353 . I am sorry to hear that your dog injured his leg. It is not nice to see our pets in pain and unwell. Our pets are special animal members of our family, and we care about them when they are hurting. It is a stressful time as you wait for his return from the vet. I hope that his recovery and healing time goes smoothly. It can be quite expensive when our pets are injured. I hope that you are able to have the necessary finances to pay for the vet and associated costs in his recovery from the injury.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options

Hello @Mchap353 . I am sorry to hear that your dog injured his leg. It is not nice to see our pets in pain and unwell. Our pets are special animal members of our family, and we care about them when they are hurting. It is a stressful time as you wait for his return from the vet. I hope that his recovery and healing time goes smoothly. It can be quite expensive when our pets are injured. I hope that you are able to have the necessary finances to pay for the vet and associated costs in his recovery from the injury.
    I send hugs to you <3

Thank you Rosemow. He's a tough little beast and even wanted to run with the injury, doing a three legged "Hopalong" and wants to go everywhere at speed usually. At least he is small enough to control. I do not know how people with large Great Danes or labradors manage injuries like it! I do miss him though.

I was trying to do an online shop for tomorrow to save time and getting more stressed. There is a technical problem their end and the bank cannot verify my debit card as usual. The phone help line is queued. Hope they haven't been hacked. I think I am going to cancel it. Cheerful thought - that I will save money doing so as I always spend too much money buying groceries online, such as wine or chocolates, which I can well do without.

Good wishes :)
  • Options
    VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member

ohmygod.

Report the forum members and then move on. Ignore what they say! I know that must be hard but all they're doing is trying to frighten you. They are online and can't actually do anything but send threats. I'd report them to a mod if I were you.
  • Options

I send hugs to you <3

Thank you Rosemow. He's a tough little beast and even wanted to run with the injury, doing a three legged "Hopalong" and wants to go everywhere at speed usually. At least he is small enough to control. I do not know how people with large Great Danes or labradors manage injuries like it! I do miss him though.

I was trying to do an online shop for tomorrow to save time and getting more stressed. There is a technical problem their end and the bank cannot verify my debit card as usual. The phone help line is queued. Hope they haven't been hacked. I think I am going to cancel it. Cheerful thought - that I will save money doing so as I always spend too much money buying groceries online, such as wine or chocolates, which I can well do without.

Hello @Mchap353
    I am sorry that you had the issue with your bank not being able to verify your debit card. I hope that your issues are fixed up and that it doesn't occur again. By talking it over with your bank, they may be able to resolve the issue for future shopping online.
  • Options

I send hugs to you <3

Hello @Mchap353
    I am sorry that you had the issue with your bank not being able to verify your debit card. I hope that your issues are fixed up and that it doesn't occur again. By talking it over with your bank, they may be able to resolve the issue for future shopping online.

It's just my luck that the Supermarket website is having problems. I just Googled it and it has been reported online. I've lost my delivery slot, so in a fit of temper deleted all my details in a worry about hacking.

Plenty of other cheaper supermarkets to try locally though.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    -ULIBABA66/Tonza

Glad to hear that you are doing much better, And I am sure when the right one comes along for ya you will know it, Happy Simming & Weekend to you as well, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top