Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Patch for May 31st?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Were we promised a patch today or is this another expectation or assumption?
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"

Maybe so...but I'm still asking if there was a patch confirmed for today? If not, then I don't get it. We're getting two packs in the same month, which I believe, is new to The Sims 4. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. But if a patch wasn't confirmed, why expect it. That's all I'm saying.

The promised new game play usually comes in a patch. Today is the last day of the month and there has been no announcement of a patch so it was being asked if we were getting one. Then again they did the little hocus pocus with the hair styles. Maybe that was the new game play this month.

If Dine Out hadn't been postponed to June, we would have had that this month, along with a bigger patch (I'm interested to see if the musical chairs bug is fixed in the patch or if it's only fixed for restaurant dining.)

I have a feeling it was delayed cause of Memorial Day but we only have 6 days till the GP releases. The Patch is coming out Thursday and I can't wait.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Posting dates of upcoming patches in advance would be appreciated. The entire month of May has been spent speculating on the new game pack and the pre-game patch. The earlier patch with the unisex hair conversions and a couple of bug fixes, was disappointing. Technically, yes, it added gameplay for the fans who use the hair that came with the game. But it did not fix the problems I have been having so the patch basically did nothing for me at all. That's okay. I will find a mod to fix the problems I am having along with the others who are also having the same issues. Problem solved. EA/Maxis doesn't need to worry about my game issues and I don't need to rely on the creators of Sims4 to fix what they failed to correctly implement in a base game of their own design. This has become another saga like the one we had with Sims3.

Since I am seeing the same issues being discussed over and over, I have to assume these are coded into the base game since many of these issues have been present since the base game was released nearly two years ago. My issues have nothing to do with cc or the mods I have as I have played my game in vanilla mode and the problems persist. And these are not tiny glitches. They affect game play in very specific ways, over and over.

Being dumped just as a date begins is not a tiny glitch. I believe I have had just one successful outing when my Sim has been invited to a club by another Sim. One out of ten or fifteen attempts is not my idea of an acceptable percentage. And why do Sims wave at one another while back to back rather than while facing one another? I can see that happening in a group gathering but not when greeting a single Sim.

While I appreciate the fact SimGuruDrake came here to explain why we will not see the pre-game pack patch today, she did not say when we can expect that patch. I am totally behind letting the teams get things right. But patience is a fickle emotion. I would like to see what fixes are in this patch before Dine Out is released. I don't want to be told what is going to be fixed; I would rather see these fixes myself while playing my game. How well these fixes affect my game could decide if I purchase Dine Out on it's release day or if I wait to see feedback from fans who buy it as soon as it becomes available. The new lighting is attracting much attention and fans are excited to see it. But if the game is still experiencing random issues, the new lighting will mean very little in terms of game play.

I didn't mention the date for the patch because I thought it was obvious since patches happen the Thursday/Friday before a pack release and on day of patch the patch notes also come out telling you the fixes that have gone in for that particular update. Hope that helps :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    edited June 2016
    I, like a lot of other people, was not expecting anything additional for the month of May and really (I mean really, Really, REALLY!) I don't think it's realistic or reasonable to expect a continuous five year train of free additions to this game every single month. Patches that fix bugs and glitches, sure but an every month download of free stuff, no. Yes, the base game was light and yes there needed to be additions may to it for free to counter that, especially for people who paid full price but that reasoning should come to an end I think. The quote about new game play I took to mean both free items like the Christmas stuff or even the hair conversions AND/OR packs for sale and to date I think that has pretty much been met and there's really very little argument left to this point at this point.

I agree, I understand the game lack some stuff and I do believe they should be added to the game for free but I don't think is reasonable to expect a big patch or free stuff every single month. New game play could be anything really, I think the reason people are complaining is because what they are getting is not what they expect. I remember when people when up in arms when the "Big Announcement" they thought they were getting turned out to be a 15 second teaser?
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue is that we as fans have a very different definition on what it means to have "more ways to play with life every month" versus what the Gurus definition of that statement. To them it's challenges or new hairstyles and a few interactions or traits (which there's no doubt we need more of those)

Correct :) On May 17 we added two hairs that where formerly male only and were converted to work on either male or female sims. These are considered by our definition to be "new ways to play" as players previously did not have access to these hairs for females.

Also, since I have been seeing this quite a bit: We never promised an additional patch for this month. That was speculation by someone within the community that spread around as if it was fact (which is why I keep reiterating that statements like "we are getting a patch on X day" or "this will be in the next pack" are linked with actual source information to verify it's legitimacy.)

Inst it weird to call two hair conversions "new ways to play"? Just saying.

Not really. It's new ways to play with your current female Sim or a new female Sim that you may create.

Lol at the technicalities.

Two hairs, in my definition, do not make new ways to play. Sorry.

Off topic: I like your hair colour. Mine wasn't far off that colour not too long ago.

--T

Thank you! Got bored with the silver hair and decided to go for a nice bright blue. I've actually never dyed my this shade of blue before (I normally stick to darker shades for crazy colors) but this turned out better than I had hoped :)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Thank you! Got bored with the silver hair and decided to go for a nice bright blue. I've actually never dyed my this shade of blue before (I normally stick to darker shades for crazy colors) but this turned out better than I had hoped :)

Do you test hair colours/styles out on your simself before you take the plunge?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I, like a lot of other people, was not expecting anything additional for the month of May and really (I mean really, Really, REALLY!) I don't think it's realistic or reasonable to expect a continuous five year train of free additions to this game every single month. Patches that fix bugs and glitches, sure but an every month download of free stuff, no. Yes, the base game was light and yes there needed to be additions may to it for free to counter that, especially for people who paid full price but that reasoning should come to an end I think. The quote about new game play I took to mean both free items like the Christmas stuff or even the hair conversions AND/OR packs for sale and to date I think that has pretty much been met and there's really very little argument left to this point at this point.

Well, maybe if it hadn't been stated 'new ways to play every month' I wouldn't have fell for it. I don't think they meant I would have new bugs every month after a patch, but that is about what happens to my game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

Now you need to post a picture :D
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Posting dates of upcoming patches in advance would be appreciated. The entire month of May has been spent speculating on the new game pack and the pre-game patch. The earlier patch with the unisex hair conversions and a couple of bug fixes, was disappointing. Technically, yes, it added gameplay for the fans who use the hair that came with the game. But it did not fix the problems I have been having so the patch basically did nothing for me at all. That's okay. I will find a mod to fix the problems I am having along with the others who are also having the same issues. Problem solved. EA/Maxis doesn't need to worry about my game issues and I don't need to rely on the creators of Sims4 to fix what they failed to correctly implement in a base game of their own design. This has become another saga like the one we had with Sims3.

Since I am seeing the same issues being discussed over and over, I have to assume these are coded into the base game since many of these issues have been present since the base game was released nearly two years ago. My issues have nothing to do with cc or the mods I have as I have played my game in vanilla mode and the problems persist. And these are not tiny glitches. They affect game play in very specific ways, over and over.

Being dumped just as a date begins is not a tiny glitch. I believe I have had just one successful outing when my Sim has been invited to a club by another Sim. One out of ten or fifteen attempts is not my idea of an acceptable percentage. And why do Sims wave at one another while back to back rather than while facing one another? I can see that happening in a group gathering but not when greeting a single Sim.

While I appreciate the fact SimGuruDrake came here to explain why we will not see the pre-game pack patch today, she did not say when we can expect that patch. I am totally behind letting the teams get things right. But patience is a fickle emotion. I would like to see what fixes are in this patch before Dine Out is released. I don't want to be told what is going to be fixed; I would rather see these fixes myself while playing my game. How well these fixes affect my game could decide if I purchase Dine Out on it's release day or if I wait to see feedback from fans who buy it as soon as it becomes available. The new lighting is attracting much attention and fans are excited to see it. But if the game is still experiencing random issues, the new lighting will mean very little in terms of game play.

Amen, I agree 100% , :)
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Ditto.

Hey Ditto is a word I use most of the time, :)
  • Options

Well, maybe if it hadn't been stated 'new ways to play every month' I wouldn't have fell for it. I don't think they meant I would have new bugs every month after a patch, but that is about what happens to my game.

Yup they claimed it would be every month, but a few months have gone by with nothing, so I do not think I am expecting to much, only what was told would be from the beginning, if they can not keep what they so claimed would happen, then they should not have said it in the first place, in My opinion, Especially for those Like Me who have been waiting since day 1 for stuff they need to play.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

THIS. Sims fans are so spoiled!!
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I'd say the patch is tomorrow, Thursday a week before the new game pack.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    SimGuruDrake has said that the patches are the thursd/frid before the release day for pack, which I for one did not know bout, so glad that was cleared up, I hope it is better then the last one, cause I do not use the short male hair a lot, so it did nothing for me, I am more into the Longer wavy or Longer curlier hair.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member

Ditto.

Hey Ditto is a word I use most of the time, :)

*Pokedex voice* Ditto, a transform Pokemon. This Pokemon has the ability to recon-

Never mind. > .> Um anyway.

I liked the hair conversions for the patch and use them quite a lot. Much appreciated! But I'd really like some Female to Male hair conversions, particularly some of the wavier/longer ones. ^_^ My dandies need to look faaaabulous. More make-up for the men need to be patched in too.

Give the Simboys some love please thank you. Because they're neglected.

(Wasn't expecting new downloads every month either, tbh.....I swear some people. But should we get them, I hope they do take the males into consideration for CAS conversions.)
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"

Maybe so...but I'm still asking if there was a patch confirmed for today? If not, then I don't get it. We're getting two packs in the same month, which I believe, is new to The Sims 4. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. But if a patch wasn't confirmed, why expect it. That's all I'm saying.

The promised new game play usually comes in a patch. Today is the last day of the month and there has been no announcement of a patch so it was being asked if we were getting one. Then again they did the little hocus pocus with the hair styles. Maybe that was the new game play this month.

If Dine Out hadn't been postponed to June, we would have had that this month, along with a bigger patch (I'm interested to see if the musical chairs bug is fixed in the patch or if it's only fixed for restaurant dining.)

It was postponed? When did that happen? All I remember is the announcement giving an approximate release. I wasn't aware they did something like say it'll be out May 15th and then postpone it to June 7th.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

It was postponed? When did that happen? All I remember is the announcement giving an approximate release. I wasn't aware they did something like say it'll be out May 15th and then postpone it to June 7th.

I agree, I saw no such comment from the Guru's either, about it being postponed.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I actually do that in photoshop using a recent picture of myself and I adjust the hair color. I like to use my actual picture for 100% accuracy for skin tone but I do use my simself for reference for hair styles :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @SimGuruDrake While you're around maybe you'll clear something up. Was Dine Out postponed from an earlier date? I don't remember that. I might have missed it but I thought when June 7th was announced that was the only date mentioned.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I actually do that in photoshop using a recent picture of myself and I adjust the hair color. I like to use my actual picture for 100% accuracy for skin tone but I do use my simself for reference for hair styles :)

XD I do that too, in photoshop. I've gotten quite a few dye bottles - my favorite on me being a really colorful green. Once cut my hair super short, dyed it green, and it look like I had grass growing on my scalp. lol I had so many people stop me saying it was the coolest thing. I also like doing half my hair on color (well a bit over half) and half another - usually blond and green.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

Now you need to post a picture :D
    That's what I was gonna say. She could blur out her real life face if she wanted to ;)

There was a guy living near us who had hair that colour, I loved it. It is my favourite colour for anything.

So... is it patch day today then?
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    As the topic has been addressed, and the month has ended, this thread is now being closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top