Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    You are very welcome @Scotsim and @Teanias ! It felt good getting to gift again, the ads have been very nice lately!
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

edited May 2016
    Thank you @EndUser for my Milking it Dairy Corral! This will go great with my 'Country' Sims.
    Thank you also for the volley of in-game gifts we've been sending back and forth :lol:
    I believe I've also had that issue with the downloading video, I very quickly cancelled it out and closed everything out.

• Gaby_13Gaby_13 Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you @renyerookami for presenting me with all the items on my wish list :) :)
    I also have a question for anyone who can help.

I own most of the Premium Content, thanks to some amazing gifters. I would also like to get the venues and sets that those premium items come with, but I would hate to have them on my Wishlist, and be gifted them when I already own the Premium Item. What is the best way to go about this? With sets it's a little easier, unless that set doesnt qualify for CYS, and then I still feel terrible!

• EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    @Loveandhate Hmm Id add all items from the venue/set and organize the items in lowest to highest price followed by the set. I purposely avoided a few items that were not CYS compatible as I knew eventually Id be rebuying those items when I got to buying the set.
    Also, Some premium items belong to sets that Arent CYS compatible BUT also belong to compilations that Are CYS compatible.
    Honestly a Gifter pays full price on all the items they gift anyhow so its a moot point to me anyways... Did that help at all :p

Id been looking for something bigger to gift and I like the farm-y stuff so you got the cows :) I too have enjoyed gifting in game so thanks for reciprocating :)

@scotsim @HSmith2016 @p3dromoises Quite welcome folks,its always a pleasure :D

I havent been farming points as much lately as Ive been spending some time tracking down eps and SPs.. I picked up Into The Future for $5
    and Im expecting some more stuff soon :D:dizzy: but I did make enough SP to hand out a few things.

Incidentally I did succeed in snagging Century Manor yesterday So I officially "Own the Store" as of 5/20/16. I began my quest to own the store in earnest on 3/14/16. 9 weeks and 4 days,.. woo!
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    Thank you @debbycanty for the gifts!
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    You're welcome @ZombieMew :)
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Wow @EndUser great job! Congratulations :)

@HSmith2016 I've never been to a Disney park yet, but we've been following sales for Paris for a while now. I have been to Legoland Billund (Danmark) and that was great. We also plan to visit Moviepark Germany and Europa park (also in Germany) soonish, would be awesome! I love rollercoasters, but I love it most if there's a great theme as I mentioned ;)

By the way, number 3 in my list, Walibi, is a former Six Flags park. It used to be 50's/60's themed, but they tried to switch themes. The entrance still looks okay but there isn't anything else nicely themed
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    Congrats on owning the store @EndUser. Thanks to @debbycanty who mopped up the last three things on my wishlist last night I very nearly own it too... just the sani-sim left which I will buy when it comes up on DD on Friday.

The ads are still rare for me but at least I'm now getting a few points every day so I can start gifting again once I get a pile.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great weekend! :smile:
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Good morning, everyone! Hope you're all having a good weekend. :)

Thank you, @Loveandhate, for the gift of the Mirror! :)

Thank you, @debbycanty, for knocking out my top 5 and then some! :smiley:

Thanks to both of you (and others who have helped me) I was able to get the green download on the Jazz Age Living Room. Still have a few items on my list to bring the price down a little more for the Jazz Age Wear set. Buy yay! Getting closer!

Congratulations, @EndUser, on becoming a Store Owner!! :mrgreen: That is so exciting!

Updated my top 5.
  • p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    thank you @debbycanty for the gifts, you cleaned exactly half of my 60 items wishlist! <3

congratulations @EndUser, I can only imagine the mount of time you spent watching ads because this was really fast. I bought my EP's and SP's so expensive that I'm jealous, but I did find Monte Vista for only $1 in a promotion a month ago, the shipping was $5 though >.<
  • renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    edited May 2016
    goodmorning everyone. congrats and thank you to @EndUser and thanks @debbycanty for the gifts :) i've updated my top 5
    and you are very welcome @Gaby_13 :)
    edited May 2016
    Good Morning!

Hey @HSmith2016 Have you looked at the Jazz living + jazz wear set? Its CYS eligible so I think it may be cheaper than the standalone jazz wear set.
    And you should also check out the Feb 2011 compilation set as it includes both jazz sets and a futureshock set, Is CYS compatible and may be cheaper still.
    Incidentally I found it very informative when making a store purchase to look at the sets/compilations the item is included in on its purchase page,It can help you plan out your purchases and arrange cascades.

@p3dromoises There were many late nights and rabid scouring of DD,MMaO machine and cascades. Insomnia FTW? Im happy paying anything less than half of the current going rate of $20 per pack. I got really lucky once I started searching around and I hope to have some things to pass on to others here once Ive completed as much of my collection as I can so the people who will really appreciate it can benefit from my efforts too. Just a matter of time..

Thanks to all who have congratulated me,you guys are a really great bunch!

As always anyone who got gifts from me is very welcome,.. If it werent for you Id have no one to gift :p

Thank you to @debbycanty for my 5 gifts!

Also @EndUser the whole subject confuses me a bit. With those venues *and worlds perhaps* I cannot add any more items to my WL because they don't cascade down. I just feel bad having these venues on my WL because I feel that the person who gifted me the Premium Item would have wasted their SP on me, if I were to eventually buy the venue or world. Is this a normal occurrence, for me to feel bad? :P

EndUser wrote: »
    Hey @HSmith2016 Have you looked at the Jazz living + jazz wear set? Its CYS eligible so I think it may be cheaper than the standalone jazz wear set.
    And you should also check out the Feb 2011 compilation set as it includes both jazz sets and a futureshock set, Is CYS compatible and may be cheaper still.
    Incidentally I found it very informative when making a store purchase to look at the sets/compilations the item is included in on its purchase page,It can help you plan out your purchases and arrange cascades

Yes, I checked both the Jazz Living & Jazz Wear Set and the February 2011 Compilation before putting anything more on my wishlist. Both are still over 300 SP, I am just trying to get one or the other down a bit more before buying it. Thanks for looking out for me, though! It's always good to have another set of eyes, in case one of those sets/compilations gets missed. :)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Thank you for the gifts, @debbycanty and @EndUser ! Thanks to your gifts, I bought the Happily Ever After set on sale for 60 points!

I will put my top five on hiatus for a while. I have to revise my owned items, simpoints and the Daily Deals list and make sure I'm only placing items on my wishlist if I really need them.
    @Palmarrow You need them all! :D
    Hey everyone, I'm needing some help downloading Nraas mods and backing up my Sims. I know this isn't the group for that, so i made a new discussion hoping to get some help from the experts. If you have any way of helping me, don't be scared!

I would also like to get everyone's favorite Nraas mod, if you are using some.

Here is the link to the new discussion!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887736/nraas-mod-help?new=1

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    If I don't forget I'll check it out tomorrow @Loveandhate, I recently downloaded some mods which I love, but I'm too tired to remember anything now ;)

The weekend was so tiring, but today I discovered a channel that broadcasts NASCAR races and I love watching it! Only thing was I had to stay up because apparently it's Live. Not too sure about that, but it's 1 AM now, and I want to sleep, so I'm out.

I have a feeling my post is a big mess of words again lol!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Thank you @Martje89 for the Real McCoy Dress! I think it's quite pretty, too. :)

I will check out your link, @Loveandhate. I have some NRaas mods installed and wouldn't play my game without them anymore. Maybe I can help or offer words of encouragement. LOL
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited June 2016
    My top 5:

1) Sailor Suit
    2) Dreamtime Single Bed
    3) Everything Nice Romper
    4) Dressed To Impress Playsuit
    5) Just Like Dad
    Post edited by MocaJava on
    edited May 2016
    @MocaJava, you have a really good wishlist started! Is there a certain set/compilation you are working on? If so, you can put the top 5 at the top of your list for that, it will bring your price down on the CYS and make it easier to get the whole set once you have a few pieces gifted to you. I hope that helps you narrow it down a bit, but keep the rest on your wishlist! If you like toddler things, there is a really good thread here. It's a really good cascade that will help you get the Animals Abound set, Tip Top Toddlers Collection and the Kids 2010 set.

Welcome to the gifting directory! :smiley:
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Wow thanks so much @HSmith2016! I did not expect anything that fast! I'll be gifting people back soon, I promise.

The thing with me with sets, often there's only a few items in it I really like. I guess I'm weird but I rarely see a whole set and think 'I need it all!'. I will look the sets over more thoroughly when I have the time. Anyway for now, I've put a a new item on my top 5.