Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed, we can't work as chefs :/ meh

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
mQbmqOh.jpg

A whole pack centered about restaurants and we can't even work as chefs ... :/
EA is making this mistake again by ignore the need to implement a job that is well suited for the pack
It's sad when even modders can create jobs and EA too lazy to do it

Edit: it's clearly we can't work as chefs in our owned restaurants but we still need a confirmation if we can actually cook there as a manager (even tho it may seem a disappointment for me but less of course)
Post edited by graventhe on

Comments

• PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    That's disappointing. I always make the whole crew for my sims 2 restaurants. I like to be in full control.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited May 2016
    Meh. I mean I'm fine with it I guess.

Just realized what that meant. Geez that's a little disappointing. I was planning on having a family owned restaurant.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited May 2016
    Are you serious?!! What a wasted opportunity!! :/

Im not sure if you're serious or making fun but alot of people want a fully implemented pack not half packed :)
    A pack ABOUT restaurants and you can't even work as chef ?! It's sad im the only one who thinks this isn't properly implemented
    Anyway im one of those who want to work as a chef not just being a manager because i like to try different things (i know being a manager is cool but it also complete if you want to play as a chef as well since this pack is about restaurants and dining out!)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Oh no...then there is no point on maxing my Sim culinary skills up before the release :(
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Oh no...then there is no point on maxing my Sim culinary skills up before the release :(

Maybe your sims spouse could but the restaurant and your sim might come up as an option.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I wonder if you can hire staff that has the "right" skills though as the manager. Like if you had that fabulous cook in your game?
    egTcBMc.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited May 2016
    So...I guess only your employees can experiment with new food?
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Are you serious?!! What a wasted opportunity!! :/

Im not sure if you're serious or making fun but alot of people want a fully implemented pack not half packed :)
    A pack ABOUT restaurants and you can't even work as chef ?! It's sad im the only one who thinks this isn't properly implemented
    Anyway im one of those who want to work as a chef not just being a manager because i like to try different things (i know being a manager is cool but it also complete if you want to play as a chef as well since this pack is about restaurants and dining out!)

I'm being DEAD serious. I love to cook irl, that's why when I heard about a restaurant pack I thought they'd finally make the cooking career active. This is disappointing, but I am glad we can own multiple restaurants though I suppose. :'(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't get the "improve your cooking skill" clue if it doesn't matter.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    So...I guess only your employees can experiment with new food?

I think in a restaurant, yes. But I'm sure we can still cook these foods at home. But still, what's the point in owning the restaurant if you can't at least be a part of it.
    1FKDfKj.png
    They tell us to level up our culinary skills for what? Are our sims able to still work at the restaurants, just not active? Because I'd be sort of fine with that...only a little though.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    :'( (Body is 5 characters too short).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Glad they gave us 3 weeks to think this over because I might need to rethink buying this at full price.
    doedear wrote: »
    of course there had to be some setback :/

Such a shame too. The GPs were doing so well until this.

1FKDfKj.png
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I don't understand where this screenshot is from. Can you link where that comment was made so I can see it for myself?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    That's disappointing but something I can manage with. It does make a me little nervous what other disappointments this GP holds in store. I hope not many I am really looking forward to it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ok everybody, just delay this GP until we have the option to fill one of the roles in the restaurant.

We already have a role, Manager.