Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Excellent post, @Darkslayer
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    Seamoan wrote: »
    lyra wrote: »
    I'm not really surprised that they won't be at EA Play, as they seem to be either a) scrambling to get expansions/GPs/SPs done or b) unsure of their own timeline. It wouldn't make sense for them to present something when it seems like they struggled to get Dine Out released and are probably behind on their timeline.

Also, I'm just glad we don't have to watch people dancing on stage or taking fake 'selfies.' The video still haunts my memory.

Still, I agree with other posters who have said that it seems like they're really falling behind with this iteration, and I can't remember anything in the TS2/TS3 days where the community went months with no news or releases, and little scraps of information thrown to us here or there (maybe there was times when we went awhile with no new releases, but I can't recall such discord in the community as I see now).

As for me, I check in here now and then for news. I like the idea of the Dine Out pack, but I've put down TS4 for months now. I'm looking foward to Planet Coaster and other indie RPGs that I like to play. Due to the lack of news and releases, and generally shallow and basic gameplay, the game has just lost my interest. Once in awhile I'll play for a few days but I always end up putting it down. I don't know if any devs will see this post but I'm really sad that a game that I played since 2001 and followed faithfully is now uninteresting and I have no given incentive to keep buying packs.

I think being present at EA Play, even just to promote possible content, would have gone a long way in earning back some player interest.

In TS1/TS2, there was always a flier in the box that said what the next pack/expansion was going to be. They obviously had a plan in place and the roll-outs, while sometimes buggy, were very well-organized. Either we were playing our games, sharing pictures of our games or speculating on what little things would show up in the next game - the next game in which we had already been told the major theme and general release date. It was much less stress. I wasn't around the forums too much during TS3 (I stayed with 2), but I'd imagine with the store, it was a fairly similar happy vibe.

Now I come out here once every couple weeks and find the same information on the front page - baseless speculation generating from "hilarious" twitter trolling by Maxis. And the exact same fights about the exact same things from when the game was originally released almost 2 years ago. The Sims 4 "making customers confused and anxious" marketing strategy is pretty freaking terrible, regardless of whatever opinions you hold on the game itself.

Is that all down to EA though?

Yeah, we used to get notifications - but that stopped with TS3 not with TS4 and I don't recall things getting this out of hand when it came to new information and I don't recall EA being especially talkative with us back then either (and let's face it - if the Gurus were talking to us more now there would only be accusations thrown around that they're slacking off and faffing about on here and that's why the game is so "horrible"). The TS3 forums were "eh" when I was around back then; a lot of people were disappointed with the game but likewise it also had a really strong fan following. I think it was actually kind of like these forums now where there was a clear split between those who liked the game and those who were disappointed - but I don't recall those forums ever being so aggressive and blatantly manipulative.

I suppose you could argue whoever it was who decided to really ramp up the content for TS2 / TS3 created all of this need for immediate and regular content gratification but even so, I've never seen the same amount of clamouring for new stuff that I've seen with this game and it confuses the heck out of me. Why are people getting so wound up and anxious about a game? I appreciate the aspect of loving the franchise and being eager to see what's coming next (I'm a gamer, I've been there. A game that should've come out in March that I've been itching to get my hands on ever since it was announced finally just dropped yesterday and I STILL can't play it until this weekend because I'm working all week and won't have the time I'm already chomping at the bit for Pokemon to come out (and bummed out I have to wait 4 extra days because I'm in Europe) but there comes a point where it all just stops making sense to me.

I'd prefer for a game to take as long as it takes to release and for it to be an absolutely fantastic experience that I'm going to play time and time again - for me the excitement and the excruciating wait just makes it all the more worth it when I finally have the thing in my hands and can experience the game for the first time.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited May 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    To be fair and for those who want to know - EA did seem to give Sims 4 a positive report for "the end of the fiscal year" conference call yesterday.

Now that is done, perhaps Maxis was just waiting for the new budget - as that may have been holding them up even. Who knows.

I heard this on the news earlier too. Apparently, Sims 4 is doing much better than Star Wars Battlefront, lol. The news report said they were very hush hush about that game. Although apprently they had quite a bit of good stuff to say for this one.

Not exactly the best sign that this game or franchise is dying, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Does that mean my whole mimick Is degraded? Cause I honestly feel like that. Maxis Is very misleading too, they said some things were going to be In game and turned around and took 60$ that I could've spent on something with more satisfaction. My head Is spinning on a stick.

The way you make seem Is like I said It, @SimGuruDrake.. I have a quesion, does anything In these forums contribute entirely to the game or has It before, besides glitches/etc?

I'm a bit confused by this post. We were upfront about what would and wouldn't be in the game at launch two months prior to the games launch (What's out and What's in blog) We were very transparent with you (the community) about it. That doesn't take away from you (as an individual) feeling that your money was not well spent since the game is currently not meeting your expectations nor does it mean that you aren't allowed to be upset when something you want isn't in the game. I won't be commenting on future content questions (which I assume will be asked after this.)

Also I'm not sure what you are asking with this:
    does anything In these forums contribute entirely to the game or has It before, besides glitches/etc?
    Do you mean ideas / feedback that are provided here outside of the bug/issues reports?
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    [IMG]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view2/2164343/no-more-paper-towels-o.gif[/IMG] 🐸🐸🐸🐸

This is so upsetting I feel like "Louis Griffin without her paper towels" except I'm saying "What no more freaking plumbobs?!?" Seriously what is wrong with this company. Even in The Sims 3 they told us what they were doing months in advance rather they had screenshots or video to show off or not! But this silence I'm sorry I'm already feeling uninspired by the fourth installment due to it's heavy limitations and was hoping the announcement would come soon to give me hope now EA just spit on that...this series used to have so much love and passion! What happened guys?
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Excellent post, @Darkslayer

Oh I know I am just chop Liver aye, no problem, :)
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    [IMG]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view2/2164343/no-more-paper-towels-o.gif[/IMG] 🐸🐸🐸🐸

This is so upsetting I feel like "Louis Griffin without her paper towels" except I'm saying "What no more freaking plumbobs?!?" Seriously what is wrong with this company. Even in The Sims 3 they told us what they were doing months in advance rather they had screenshots or video to show off or not! But this silence I'm sorry I'm already feeling uninspired by the fourth installment due to it's heavy limitations and was hoping the announcement would come soon to give me hope now EA just spit on that...this series used to have so much love and passion! What happened guys?

It's only a game convention, no big deal.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Hello everyone!

Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.

OK, here are some questions. Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

Is culling (Sims, relationships) going to be fixed?

It was confirmed recently that Pets are not being worked on at all yet. (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880239/pets-confirmed-as-a-not-right-now/p1) Considering how long expansion packs take to make, from the very start to release, is it doubtful that TS4 will ever have Pets?

Thank you.
    edited May 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.

OK, here are some questions. Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

It was confirmed recently that Pets are not being worked on at all yet. (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880239/pets-confirmed-as-a-not-right-now/p1) Considering how long expansion packs take to make, from the very start to release, is it doubtful that TS4 will ever have Pets?

Thank you.

Pet's Better be added or I will really be done with this game for sure, cause it is bad enough that I do not have My Gothic stuff in game like Vamps and such, No Pets would be the one that Really breaks it for Me on Sims.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Pet's Better be added or I will really be done with this game for sure, cause it is bad enough that I do not have My Gothic stuff in game like Vamps and such, No Pets would be the one that Really breaks it for Me on Sims.
    Yeah I was hoping for supernatural pets myself. It is true, bad enough life states aren't really important to the Sims anymore. I mean we are heading into year 2 and only one life state. It makes me really sad. Then life stages got short ended too...*sighs*. I don't mind waiting but I don't like having to think that certain features will never make it into this iteration. It just saddens me. I do want to see toddlers before pets I admit because I want both to interact with each other. I really want to be able to tell Rugrats type of stories and it would be cute if toddlers could ride on dogs like they are riding on a horse.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    SimGurus cannot comment on future content (much less on content that's most likely still under consideration and not even worked on such as pets). But Pets is always one of the top selling EPs. There will be pets in TS4. As for supernatural life states I think TS3 started a new trend, so I guess most life states will be included in a separate EP....
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah I was hoping for supernatural pets myself. It is true, bad enough life states aren't really important to the Sims anymore. I mean we are heading into year 2 and only one life state. It makes me really sad. Then life stages got short ended too...*sighs*. I don't mind waiting but I don't like having to think that certain features will never make it into this iteration. It just saddens me. I do want to see toddlers before pets I admit because I want both to interact with each other. I really want to be able to tell Rugrats type of stories and it would be cute if toddlers could ride on dogs like they are riding on a horse.

If they re-add Pet's and Supernatural, then I will never have much of a problem with Sims 4 from then on, So I am hoping they both will be added, except of course if I end up losing My dang creations again, :)

If they re-add Pet's and Supernatural, then I will never have much of a problem with Sims 4 from then on, So I am hoping they both will be added, except of course if I end up losing My dang creations again, :)
    Yeah I read about that. I'm sorry Gallery is losing your creations. That must be very upsetting for you. :( Yeah pets and supernaturals and life stages are very important to my game play as well. I don't like having Sims live in a perfect world. I like a bit of chaos with those themes added into my stories. They make my Sims' lives exciting to play out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.
    Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

I do not work in the finance department so I'm unable to answer this.

Though this is considered working as designed the team is always looking at your feedback to make improvements.

This falls into future content territory which I can't comment on.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    SimGurus cannot comment on future content (much less on content that's most likely still under consideration and not even worked on such as pets). But Pets is always one of the top selling EPs. There will be pets in TS4. As for supernatural life states I think TS3 started a new trend, so I guess most life states will be included in a separate EP....

Emphasis mine. Proof, please, or you are doing what the Guru said not to do, expressing opinion as fact.

Yeah I read about that. I'm sorry Gallery is losing your creations. That must be very upsetting for you. :( Yeah pets and supernaturals and life stages are very important to my game play as well. I don't like having Sims live in a perfect world. I like a bit of chaos with those themes added into my stories. They make my Sims' lives exciting to play out.

Amen, Thank you so much for letting Me know that I am not the only one who feels this about Pets and Supernatural, and thank you for your kind words on My Creations, yes it breaks My heart every time I lost them, all that work for nothing, what a waste it is when I lost them.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.
    Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

I do not work in the finance department so I'm unable to answer this.

Though this is considered working as designed the team is always looking at your feedback to make improvements.

This falls into future content territory which I can't comment on.

Thank you for the reply. Interesting to read that relationship culling is working "as designed." Huh.

That's what I was thinking too. x)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If you think things can not get worse, believe, will worsen. That's because, even after two and a half months with absolutely no official announcement, and the gamepack about restaurants that basically NEVER is revealed with official trailer or release date, we still have to deal with the fact that The Sims 4 will not be present, I repeat, will not be present in the EA Play event that will happen in 12 to 14 June.

The SimsVIP contacted Maxis, who promptly responded by saying:
    The Sims will not be participating at EA Play this year, although we encourage you to stay up-to-date with all of the exciting news coming out of the show by tuning in to the EA press conference on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - http://simsvip.com/2016/05/11/the-sims-4-will-not-be-present-at-the-ea-play-event/

It will be the first time in franchise history that we'll not have a new expansion being released later in the first half of the year, it seems. This dramatically reduces the chances of having two expansions this year, which can be seen as a big nightmare for many players, especially those who are quite skeptical and dissatisfied with the fourth generation of our favorite life simulator.

If a large number of people are feeling increasingly demotivated in communities around the world, the trend is only worsen if things continue as they are.

Sims-4-EA-Play-E3-2016-1.png

Well....so long for TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'll still watch EA play if they livestream it though because Mass Effect :love::love:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Amen, Thank you so much for letting Me know that I am not the only one who feels this about Pets and Supernatural, and thank you for your kind words on My Creations, yes it breaks My heart every time I lost them, all that work for nothing, what a waste it is when I lost them.
    Yeah I don't want pets and supernaturals thrown under the bus like life stages were. I want both well done and well thought out and yes they are important to me. Your welcome and aww, that's very sad to hear. Did you check if the Maxis curated check mark was on when searching for them? I've noticed my creations don't show up right away if I have that checked on. Sometimes lots are falsely labeled as CC too, so you might have to check for that as well. Gallery is still a bit buggy.
    edited May 2016

Yeah I don't want pets and supernaturals thrown under the bus like life stages were. I want both well done and well thought out and yes they are important to me. Your welcome and aww, that's very sad to hear. Did you check if the Maxis curated check mark was on when searching for them? I've noticed my creations don't show up right away if I have that checked on. Sometimes lots are falsely labeled as CC too, so you might have to check for that as well. Gallery is still a bit buggy.

I had to take most of them out of the Gallery cause I was having problems with it, so they would not go back in, but now I can add some of My No CC creations back in, But My CC creations, wont be going back in, not until Sims 4 is fixed a lot better then it is now, cause right now I can not use any CC, and the rest I had I lost for good, so I wont be re-making those, to only have them gone again, way to much work for nothing.
    edited May 2016

I had to take most of them out of the Gallery cause I was having problems with it, so they would not go back in, but now I can add some of My No CC creations back in, But My CC creations, wont be going back in, not until Sims 4 is fixed a lot better then it is now, cause right now I can not use any CC, and the rest I had I lost for good, so I wont be re-making those, to only have them gone again, way to much work for nothing.
    Bummer. Yeah the labeling of CC and non-CC can be weird sometimes. I hope that it will be fixed soon. I had to take some of mine out because of that too. It is like you almost have to turn mods and CCs off to upload into the Gallery now. So it makes it a pain sometimes.

Bummer. Yeah the labeling of CC and non-CC can be weird sometimes. I hope that it will be fixed soon. I had to take some of mine out because of that too. It is like you almost have to turn mods and CCs off to upload into the Gallery now. So it makes it a pain sometimes.

I have not used any Mods/CC since the first year of game, cause it messed up My game and had to keep re-installing it, I have been CC/Mods free since that 1st yr.

I have not used any Mods/CC since the first year of game, cause it messed up My game and had to keep re-installing it, I have been CC/Mods free since that 1st yr.
    That's cool. I can't play the Sims 4 without MC Command Center myself. Culling would kill my saves.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top