Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited May 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Isn't Primus a little too ugly for troll standards? And that fancy moustache! :smiley: I can't wait to see the Drop sisters!

Yes...Primus isn't known for his beauty. He doesn't have to be beautiful to teach decorum. It is the wealthy who should be beautiful, well, they hope to be. But the unfortunate Drop sisters...oh, they are hideous but it is overlooked because of their wealth! And Primus is way better looking than those unfortunate souls (Harry, too). But Harry has too many of the gnomish characteristics--and Primus is all troll--especially in attitude--which counts most in this world.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Spottydog714 Yes, I love Toxic's name! And it is meant to be very ironic... ;)

@roseinblack69 I love this house! It's decorated so well--with dark affluence, perfect for Harry's world!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh Poor poor Harry! What in the world has he gotten himself into?
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member

@roseinblack69 I love this house! It's decorated so well--with dark affluence, perfect for Harry's world!

I love everything in your story, all buildings, the clothing... It's just awesome! <3 Did you build this cottage?

I love everything in your story, all buildings, the clothing... It's just awesome! <3 Did you build this cottage?

Thank you!

No, I didn't build this one...but I based one of my castles on it...the castle that Harry Sr. had his adult birthday party in (where he got together with Tolly), I built. I used some of the decorating schemes from this home in it. This one is smaller than that one. The only buildings I've built for this story is that castle, the fairy's castle, and Flirch's home (he had the Spooky Party there when Harry Sr. was a teen).

I probably won't build more until I get in the Halloween spirit again! But I'm going to be building more for my ISBI story soon!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Thank you!

No, I didn't build this one...but I based one of my castles on it...the castle that Harry Sr. had his adult birthday party in (where he got together with Tolly), I built. I used some of the decorating schemes from this home in it. This one is smaller than that one. The only buildings I've built for this story is that castle, the fairy's castle, and Flirch's home (he had the Spooky Party there when Harry Sr. was a teen).

I probably won't build more until I get in the Halloween spirit again! But I'm going to be building more for my ISBI story soon!

It's really wonderful... I'm poor builder, so I always think I should try Build Newcrest challenge or something like this in the future :D And I can't wait when I'll see your buildings in ISBI story and, of course, will read a new chapter ;)

Thank you!

It's really wonderful... I'm poor builder, so I always think I should try Build Newcrest challenge or something like this in the future :D And I can't wait when I'll see your buildings in ISBI story and, of course, will read a new chapter ;)

I've thought about this challenge, too, because it would force me to do all kinds of different builds but I have way too many challenges on my to do list. And I like to see things through. As soon as I'm done with the Amazon challenge, I will do I'm a Lover Challenge...and once ISBI or Prettacy is done, I may do Newcrest.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm super curious what paths Harry will cross soon. And those Drop sisters! With every chapter I want to meet them more!
    I love Harry's new room, the colour scheming is so clever!
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Harry Jr is such a nice friend, I feel bad for all the nasty stuff the trolls talk about him :(
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Great updates! It is very interesting to see how different Harry Jr. handles his introduction to the troll way of life in Midnight Moor as opposed to his late da. I do sincerely hope though that this Primus fellow doesn't squeeze his charming gnome ways out of the boy all together.
    edited May 2016
    Chapter 2.9

After he dressed, Harry wandered down the stairs, following the scent of baked goods wafting from one of the rooms—no doubt the kitchen.

Finally finding it, he seated himself at the counter. Harry asked, “What is it yer making that smells so good, Primus?”

“Ah, Master Horrid, I see you’ve found suitable attire. That is a marked improvement on your looks, I must say. What you smell are the rotten apple tarts I just made. But at the moment, I’m cooking up a delight—lobster in eye of newt sauce.” He kisses his fingers. “Perfection to the taste buds.”

Screenshot_1394.jpg

“I canna wait to sample it, sir,” Harry offered as his stomach rumbled. Even though the troll names for things sounded disgusting, he knew from experience that everything tasted wonderful. His mouth watered.

“To get the right texture, one must whip the newts into shape.” Primus flung the bowl into the air and stirred as it spun around.

Screenshot_1393.jpg

Impressed, Harry laughed. “I’m sure no newts would ever take ye to task, Primus.”

“You’re right, of course. They wouldn’t dare.” He grinned mischievously.

Screenshot_1395.jpg

“So, Primus, what is this new academy like that I’ll be going to?” Harry thought he got off on the wrong foot with the butler and figured a bit of small talk might repair their relationship.

Screenshot_1396.jpg

“It is an ancient place. Huge. The staircases alone will mesmerize you. Be sure to get an early start because you will be undoubtedly lost on the first day.”

“Aye then. I’ll do that.”

Screenshot_1397.jpg

The butler placed the finished dish in front of Harry. “There now. Tell me what you think?”

Screenshot_1399.jpg

Taking a bite, the slightly sweet meat in buttery sauce melted in his mouth. “Mmmm...yer quite right, Primus. This tastes amazing! I want to thank ye fer yer trouble.”

Primus patted Harry on the shoulder. “I do believe your uncle is quite wrong. You do have some sense about you.” Turning and walking out of the kitchen, he added, “Do not clean up after yourself, Master Horrid. That is my job. Oh, and by the way, there is a nice pianoforte on the second floor. You might want to try your hand at it. I hear you’re a decent musician.”

Harry grinned as tingles drifted through him. He loved playing the piano.

Screenshot_1400.jpg

After his meal, Harry meandered to his room and spied the beautiful piano. He was too tired to play tonight, but he would first thing in the morning.

Screenshot_1403.jpg

The next day, before sunrise, Harry woke up early and practiced. The piano was slightly out of tune. He’d have Primus see to its tuning later.

Screenshot_1405.jpg

After several hours of playing, Harry said good-bye to Primus, telling him he was to meet up with Toxic. He needed to let her know of these change in plans for he could not disappear from her life without some explanation.

Primus was not happy. “You do not need to tell a Venom any such thing. You are a Horrid. That should be enough for her to know her place.”

But Harry insisted and finally Primus allowed it. “Be back in one hour! That should be more than enough time for her to dry her tears. We have a tight schedule today. I am giving you dance lessons!”

Harry groaned, but didn’t say anything.

He’d told Toxic to meet him at the top of the bluffs where no one would see them. He didn’t know if his uncle had spies stalking him or not but he was going to take no chances. Running toward the ancient pool, his stomach knotted at the thought of what he would say to her.

Screenshot_1407.jpg

After he hugged her in greeting, Harry didn’t know how to start, so he blundered ahead with his woeful tale. “And so, ye see, me uncle has me under lock and key now. I’m to be betrothed to some sort of Drop sisters. I hate the thought of this.”

Screenshot_1413.jpg

“Will he allow us to see each other anyway?” Toxic asked, voice quavering.

Screenshot_1412.jpg

Harry shakes his head sadly and turns away from her. “I’m sorry, dear Toxic. I dinna know Venoms were notorious in Midnight Moor. Me family thinks...well...I canna say.”

Screenshot_1417.jpg

“Oh blast it,” Harry mutters to himself, then turns around and pulls Toxic to him, speaking to her in a sweet tone, “I canna obey me uncle. I will keep seeing ye if’n yer okay with that.”

Screenshot_1422.jpg

She giggles. “I am, but I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

Screenshot_1423.jpg

Wrapping his arms around her, Harry longs to kiss her. He whispers, “He’ll have to put me in chains to keep me away.”

Screenshot_1420.jpg

Screenshot_1419.jpg[
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Poor Harry! I hope this will work out for him, maybe he should put a baby in her :lol:
    Poor Harry! I hope this will work out for him, maybe he should put a baby in her :lol:

LOL!!! Hmm...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    It's really sad :( But I think Harry will think something how to keep in touch with Toxic... ;)
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Aww... Poor Harry. I really hope this isn't the last we see of Toxic! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh, he's as passionate as his father was. That will get him in trouble I'm sure.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Emerald_SimmerEmerald_Simmer Posts: 37 Member
    I'm really loving this story! I hope Harry doesn't get in trouble for seeing Toxic. She better be worth it.
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Just got caught up, great chapters @pammiechick :) I do hope that harry can be happy with toxic... but I have a feeling more drama is to come
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh They are the cutest things EVER <3<3 Harry Jr follow yer heart lad!! <--was that good gnomish?!
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Oh They are the cutest things EVER <3<3 Harry Jr follow yer heart lad!! <--was that good gnomish?!

Yes..great Gnomelish VL! I need to update this story!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Chapter 2.10

After his wonderful time with Toxic the day before, Harry woke up early for school. Taking the steps two at a time, Harry rushed downstairs, skipping breakfast. His insides squirmed at the thought of meeting up with the Drop sisters. He knew they’d be in some of his classes and wasn’t sure what would happen. How could he flirt with them when his heart was elsewhere? But he promised he’d try, so he forced away any thoughts about yesterday.

Screenshot_1437.jpg

When he arrived at Nightshade Academy, Harry’s eyes widened. The place was enormous! Ivy climbed up the stone walls. He felt as if he was entering a castle, not a school.

Screenshot_1438.jpg

Two huge fountains sprayed water, welcoming in all the students. Harry surveyed the trolls and decided that all of them were definitely snobs, shooting him dirty looks. Suddenly, he wanted to hide behind one of the pillars. He was the only person here with milky white skin.

Gnome skin.

That didn’t seem to matter in the public school. But here? Harry shuddered.

Screenshot_1439.jpg

Ivy cascaded down from the antique marble pillars in billows of green. The whole place exuded wealth. Well, if Harry met any friends here, his uncle was sure to approve of them. Harry needed to make friends quickly. Maybe then he could take his mind off his troubles.

Screenshot_1440.jpg

Mouth gaping, Harry entered the huge foyer which was bigger than the cottage’s whole downstairs. His butler was right. He was definitely going to get lost here.

Screenshot_1441.jpg

Screenshot_1443.jpg

Screenshot_1444.jpg

After climbing a dizzying array of staircases, Harry finally found his classroom. “History 101. This is it!”

Screenshot_1445.jpg

He took the first seat available and started on his assignment. But then the question about the Troll-Fairy War of 1712 confused him. So he decided to ask the girl in front of him. When he glanced up, his mouth went dry. Before him was the most beautiful girl he’d ever seen. She didn’t look anything like a troll. In fact, the only trollish thing about her was her blue skin. She almost looked gnomish and yet...there was something familiar about her. Something he’d seen before but he couldn’t quite figure it out.

Screenshot_1448.jpg

Harry stared at her for so long, the girl finally said, “What is it, gnome? Have you never seen a girl before? My, you were sheltered in Gnome Creek.”

Screenshot_1452.jpg

Harry’s face flushed hot. “Er...oy! How did ye know I’m from Gnome Creek?”

Screenshot_1453.jpg

She arched an eyebrow. “Well, you don’t have to be a genius. One look at your plaid pants and the goofy way you style your hair gives you away. Although, your chin is very trollish. I like it.” She winked at him.

Screenshot_1454.jpg

“Thank ye kindly. Er...I-I am Harry Horrid. What is yer name, lassie?”

But she didn’t answer him. She only clicked away on the computer with a slight smile grazing her face.

Screenshot_1451.jpg

The rest of the day was just as puzzling. With each staircase came more rooms.

Screenshot_1456.jpg

Screenshot_1458.jpg

During lunch, Harry decided to work out and get away from all the staircases.

Screenshot_1460.jpg

But by the afternoon, Harry finally made one friend. None other than the brother of the Drop sisters—Dandy.

“That wasn’t a smart move, Dandy, me friend,” Harry mused. “I’ve got yer king trapped.”

Screenshot_1465.jpg

Dandy put his finger to his lips. “You’re right, old chap. I guess I’m not very good at this game.”

Screenshot_1463.jpg

“But maybe if I try this?” Dandy moved his king right next to Harry’s queen.

Harry gave Dandy a sidelong glance. “What troll doesn’t know how to play chess?” he thought to himself. All the trolls he’d known lived for the game. They were smarter and craftier than a fox chasing a rabbit. And they were so competitive that if Harry so much as looked like he was going to win, they’d quit. One time, he was about to win a round against Lionel and he flipped the table over.

Screenshot_1464.jpg

When Harry arrived home, he went straight to work on his studies.

Screenshot_1466.jpg

Primus wandered over to him. “Oh there you are, Master Horrid. I’ve been waiting for you. It is time for speech.”

Screenshot_1468.jpg

Harry was almost done with his assignment, so he ignored the butler. “Primus. What do you know about the Drop family?”

Shrugging, Primus answered, “All I know is they are a new family to Midnight Moor. They come from a different troll country called Fiendish Falls. The family wanted to settle in a better climate as their ailing mother needed the fresh air. But alas, she died a few months ago.”

Harry scribbled an answer in his homework. “That’s tragic, Primus. I’m verra sorry to hear it. I wonder if they like it here.”

Screenshot_1469.jpg

“Why don’t you ask them yourself? We are having a meeting party in two days time. That is why you need dance and speech lessons. They will not be impressed otherwise!”

Screenshot_1470.jpg

“Primus, I am friends with the brother, Dandy. I dinna think he cares about me speech. In fact, he’s unlike any troll I’ve ever met. A quite amiable fellow.”

Primus’ eyes narrowed. “Is that a joke?”

Smiling, Harry answered, “If I said yes, could we skip the lessons?”

Primus crossed his arms. “What do you think?”

Harry hunched over and scribbled fervently on his homework, hoping Primus would go away. He was not looking forward to hours of lessons.

Screenshot_1471.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Poor Harry. Has to deny all gnomish heritage. *sigh*
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    I bet that beauty was a drop sister! I want to know her name so bad :lol:
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I bet that beauty was a drop sister! I want to know her name so bad :lol:

I thought the same ;)
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    From what we've seen of Dandy, I would say the girl at the computer must be his sister.
    Why did this update feel too short? :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi