Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin

2...Next

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SO basically, they're actually playing the game? ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Welcome to the new members of the clean up crew! Thanks for giving us insight into your job @SimGuruNick. Much happiness in your jobs to both of you.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    This is such great news! Welcome and ikea home was such the best stuff ever @simgurunick
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Welcome, SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin!
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Welcome @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ikea Stuff pack!!!!! So basically one of your job duties is to get paid to sit and play games. sweet!!!! I should have gone to college for something other than psychology!! (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    Welcome!
    giphy.gif

• ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Welcome @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin. I assume it will be you two I thank for getting the bugs fixed ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Welcome @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin. So like if we experience a bug, is it ok to message one of you about it or better to make a thread about it in the bug section? I don't know why, but like whatever game I play I experience bugs. XD I think one of the worst besides the stretchy babies and townies was the cupcake crash one, but it got fixed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimGuruArvinSimGuruArvin Posts: 16 SimGuru
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Nick has a great summary of what we do as a part of the Live Ops QA team. Like he mentioned, we have a legion of responsibilities and have been actively investigating many of the issues that you all have been reporting. We really appreciate the information you all provide us.

So I can't say I've been around as long as Nick has, but I've been with the Sims team since Island Paradise was released for the Sims 3. I am just as excited to be able to reach out on the forums and to the community. It's quite thrilling!

I will say that you may see me comment in the gallery, as I am on there quite often. I love seeing the creative content that's been uploaded there and I may provide some feedback on stuff shared on the gallery. Thanks again!

-SimGuruArvin
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Thanks @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin for stopping by. I hope everything goes well with your jobs and that we can all help iron out the really big bugs. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Welcome to the forums =)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I noticed a new Guru earlier today and after checking twitter, it seems there are some new people on staff. I don't know if this is the place to put this, but I just wanted to say welcome @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin . While I don't fully understand what your positions are, you do deserve warm welcomes nonetheless.

Thank you,
    Losaru

ADDED:

Thank you @QDog for sharing this:
    QDog wrote: »
    Welcome!! :)

According to SimGuruDrake:

We recently welcomed @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick who work on our Live Ops team. Whenever a user is experiencing an issue in their game and reports it here on the forums (or on social media) I report it to their team and they start investigating. Though they could explain their jobs much better than I can :)

Welcome both to the war zone. Please pick your weapon, I recommend sarcasm but silence treatment can be pretty good as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @SimGuruNick could you tell us when you do New EPs you don't test them with previous EPs/SP/GPs? Since that's seem to be our main issue

@SimGuruDrake I have a question to ask but this isn't the place to ask because its about a topic which could change the rating to M+Gallery
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Welcome to the lions den! P.S Please give the gurus a kick up the backside to fix the sidewalk bug, it's been a million years.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Welcome guys!!
    It's so nice to see YOU. <3
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @SimGuruNick could you tell us when you do New EPs you don't test them with previous EPs/SP/GPs? Since that's seem to be our main issue

@SimGuruDrake I have a question to ask but this isn't the place to ask because its about a topic which could change the rating to M+Gallery

You are welcome to message me :) I'm heading out for the evening but I'll provide you with an answer (if I can) in the morning.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    It is really nice to see two more SG's willing and able to communicate with the community, especially in the area of QA. You are indeed most welcomed @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    New Guru's are always a welcome sight, as are Guru's who have been here - but we just never met you. Welcome for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....