Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @rosemow, Thank you very much for your lovely comments, Rose! I truly appreciate the time and effort you spend looking at, and writing about each and every build. :blush:<3<3

@masajo, Thank you for your lovely comments, Masajo! Much appreciated :blush:<3

@YaraZen, Thank you for your awesome comments! I have a confession to make about those planters... They were actually "borrowed, not stolen" :p from the very talented @Manssom. B) I saw them in one of his fabulous builds and while I'm being honest, the fish tank behind the wall was also inspired by Manssom. o:)<3

@ureshii_wa, Hey! Nice to see you! Thank you for the very kind comments. :smile: I noticed your new name in the game. I HAVE to get over to your new page and have a look at anything you may have added. I'll remember to click the advanced button to see CC. I can't wait to see what you've been up to. :blush:<3

@StSciurus, thanks! I'm glad you mentioned the inspiration picture, cause I never thought to put it in. :blush:

@Cassee, Hahahaha! :p:D You really make me laugh, funny girl! Thank you so very much for the Awesome compliment! Means a lot, coming from you and your talent for moderns. And I wouldn't mind joining you in a glass of wine. :wink:<3

@follyfoot, Thank you Folly! I don't know what's gotten into me, but I've been on this "modern" kick lately. :grimace: I am working on one cottage though, for when I need a change of pace. Love your latest additions! Can't wait to go for my private little tours through them. :blush:<3

@yanti68, Thank you for the sweet comments and faves, Yanti! How 'bout joining me and Cassee for a glass of wine? Oh, and we can't forget Folly! :wink:<3

@Luxana, it's very nice to meet you! Thank you for the very lovely comments! Very much appreciated. :blush:<3
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cath, love to see you on this modern streak! You're coming up with some great stuff. :) I'm enjoying the shapes and landscaping, and your interiors always rock, no matter the style. You just have such a great sense of space when it comes to interior design! I mean, I look at a lot of homes where the architecture is amazing or the landscaping is to-die-for, but when I get into the interior, things are either crammed in together or there are huge empty spaces. Even when the space is filled but not overfull, there is often just not enough going on to make it interesting. That's never the case with your work. Not only do you nail the placement, palette, decor, etc. but you always provide interest too. That's part of why you are an A+ builder in my book. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2016
    lol I know the feeling well, just cleaning out of few cottage cobwebs.
    I'll be there with bells on, cheese ,biscuits and wine in hand. :) Looking forward to see your new cottage Cath, have a great day. Hugs Folly
    Post edited by follyfoot on
    @BryonyRae, Thank you so much Bry!! Best compliment ever, coming from the Fabulous Creator that you are. B) I really appreciate that you take the time to have a peek at some of these builds. :blush: Very thoughtful of you! <3

@follyfoot, oooh! I'm looking forward to a little wine and cheese party, Folly! :p I still have the cottage just sitting there... I'm still messing around with moderns, for some reason... not like me, usually. :# BUT, I did make one quick Teeny Tiny cottage, for a challenge that caught my eye. I am going to show it in the next post. B)
    Tiny Living Challenge 1br, 1ba
    Lot Size: 20x15
    Cost: $57,250
    No CC

Gallery Link

I happened to see this challenge and really wanted to try it out. It's called the Tiny Living Challenge hosted by hellsace555.

Rules are: Make a 5x5 fully functioning home. Must have a double bed accessible from both sides and at least one item from each main category.
    It could also have an outdoor area, as long as the bed, bath, etc, were inside.

All this in a 5x5? I had to give it a shot. :p

I decided to make my entry a Fairy Tree House with a forest landscape.

I was amazed at what could actually fit in that small space and still be usable! I managed to fit in the bed, table for two, small kitchen, bookcase, tv, stereo and bath for the interior. On the deck, I put another table, for alfresco dining, an art easel, chess table and a small container garden with Perfect Quality plants. The landscaping includes a fishing brook on the left side and a swimming pond, also fish-able over on the right. There's a little bridge between the two ponds, for access out the back of the property.

04-23-16_2-47-14nbspPM_zpsggfkksil.png

Right side
    04-23-16_2-55-04nbspPM_zpsact19pjq.png

Back
    04-23-16_2-55-58nbspPM_zpsbrmubkhj.png

Left side
    04-23-16_2-57-15nbspPM_zpsxmw68io1.png

04-23-16_3-07-56nbspPM_zpsstrdz1xm.png

04-23-16_3-12-11nbspPM_zpscjgxwvbz.png

04-23-16_3-12-58nbspPM_zpstkxvjifv.png

Mooed bookcase at the foot board of the bed actually does work.
    04-23-16_3-12-45nbspPM_zpsijef7ep3.png

04-23-16_3-08-36nbspPM_zpspcz0ldsl.png

04-23-16_3-09-02nbspPM_zpsllikgsfz.png

04-23-16_3-10-31nbspPM_zpsk4nokkd9.png

04-23-16_3-11-22nbspPM_zpsgz5aunf7.png

Such a fun little challenge! :blush: There are some Amazing entries over there too. Maybe you'd like to give it a try? I'd Love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for having a look and Goodnight!

04-23-16_3-31-02nbspPM_zpsnpjucqom.png

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    That is a fantastic tree house! May I ask, does the tree trunk disappear inside the house?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Tiny Living Challenge is a very pretty and natural treehouse home for a fairy! :) The design of the home is very nice! It looks very great that the home is built on top of the tree stump and has the fishing and swimmable ponds surrounding the base of the trunk. The bridge over the top of the water looks great. Sims will enjoy fishing and swimming there. The roofing is very nice! The roof wall decor are nice touches there. The plants and rocks look very nice in the outdoors areas and on the edges of the pond water.Very nice wraparound deck! Nice art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Sims wil have fun playing chess in the outdoors air, as well as enjoying growing and harvesting plants in the planters. It is nice that the plants are perfect quality. They will enjoy dining outdoors at the table in the outdoors air. The green texture of the exterior walls looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The dining and tv watching corner nook looks great! Sims will enjoy eating their meals at the table and watching tv. Very nice bed area! The bookcase looks great mooed at the foot of the bed! Sims will enjoy reading books in bed. The sun decor look sunny on the bedhead wall. The books, clock and tissues are homely touches on the bedside tables. It looks nice how the oven is angled into the corner nook. Sims will enjoy listeming to music through the gramophone when indoors. It looks great placed on the window ledge. The type of windows used suits well the home.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh, sorry, this was the wrong forums :sweat_smile:

But when I'm just here, I love your newest creation, rosemow explained it all and I couldn't explain it better, mainly because my language isn't good enough for that :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @StSciurus, Thank you for the kind comment! :blush:<3 The "tree trunk" is actually the tree stump table from Granite Falls, sized up a few times, so it doesn't interfere with the home at all. The tree top is a regular tree, that is placed inside the roof, sitting on top of the ceiling, so it doesn't show inside the house at all, either.

@rosemow, thank you for another kind and lovely review, Rose! You are Awesome! :blush:<3

@YJB19299, thank you for your wonderful comment! Sorry you went to the wrong forums, but I really appreciate your stopping by! :smiley:<3

@BreeMiles, Hello sweet Bree! It's Lovely to see you! Thank you for the very kind comments! :smiley:<3
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    The "tree trunk" is actually the tree stump table from Granite Falls, sized up a few times, so it doesn't interfere with the home at all. The tree top is a regular tree, that is placed inside the roof, sitting on top of the ceiling, so it doesn't show inside the house at all, either.

Very clever! :o
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hi dear Cath, hope things are going very well for you! :) Apologies, I haven't visited your thread for so long, but I'm still supporting your builds on the gallery, of course! And now, I'm here to comment on your latest build! :)

Your entry for Tiny Living Challenge looks so majestic and enchanting! :smiley:
    I like your exterior details, looks very detailed and you nailed the tree house and fairytale theme very well! Love the roofing you did and the landscaping looks very pretty, as well as the brook! And your interior, so cozy! Love how all necessities fit in a 5X5 home very well! The old radio in a shelf looks very clever too, even the TV with a frame (WOW). I also liked the idea on MOOing between a sun wall decor and a flower mirror from Movie Hangout Stuff. I think I have some ideas of yours to be borrowed on my future builds, hehe! ;)
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    What a fantastic tree house, I am totally amazed at how much you've fit in to such a small space, incredible! Absolutely beautiful landscaping and I love the bridge :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited November 2016
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Adorable, Ms Cath. Simply adorable♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! I am so impressed with your tree house! So adorable! Love the roof and the beautiful landscaping! Well done! Already added to my favourites. <3<3
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Omg your tree house is so charming! Love it love it love it!!! <3<3<3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

A charming tree house Cath, wonderful idea to use the tree stump as the base for the house. Decorated and landscaped to perfection. Hugs Folly
  • lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Hello @WrathofCath !
    Your Buildings are all amazing! I just fell in love with the Modern Saltbox!
    But your tree house is just perfect! I had a try myself on the tiny living challenge and know how hard it is to fit everything in such a tiny space but you mastered it! Great Job!
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Love your tree house!! Nominated : ) need I say more ; )
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    @RyeCris16, so nice to see you Rye! Thank you for your very kind comments :blush: I had a lot of fun trying to fit everything into that teeny tiny build. :D<3

@masajo, thank you for your lovely comments! It really was a fun little challenge. :blush:<3

@ureshii_wa, Nice to see you! Thank you for your awesome comments! I wanted to let you know though, that it isn't a tree going "through" the house. It's the tree stump table from Granite Falls, sized up a few times. Then I just put a tree or two in the roof part of the home. Unfortunately, using a real tree to go through the build, does get in the way, so I tried to think of something that wouldn't obstruct the view of the interior of the home. Are you back to playing S4 yet or still taking a break? Either way, I hope you're having lots of fun! :blush:<3

@Cassee, Thank you for the sweet comments Cassee! :blush:<3

@yanti68, Thank you so much Yanti! I appreciate both your kind comments and the fave! Hope everything is going well with you and you're able to get in some play time. :blush:<3

@lisa17ann, Thank you so very much, Lisa! So lovely of you to stop in for a look! :blush:<3

@follyfoot, Thank you for your very kind comments, Folly! <3 It seems like the forums have been so quiet lately... I really appreciate you stopping by for a visit! Hope everything is going well for you and you're enjoying some nice fall weather. We're just getting into Spring here and it's been kind of rainy and cool. I won't complain too much though, cause I know a wicked hot summer is lurking just around the corner. :p

@lisi_ja, it's very nice to meet you! Thank you for your lovely comments! A funny thing about the Modern Saltbox is, I nearly threw it out so many times before I finally decided to just go ahead and upload it. I was Very surprised at how it did, lol :p I will have to get over to the Tiny Living Challenge and check out your entry! Is your name on the gallery the same as here? Thanks again for stopping by and for the kind comments! :blush:<3

@Nhicks, it's so nice to see you! Thank you so very much for your lovely comments and for the nom. So very kind of you! :blush:<3
  • lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    @WrathofCath I had the same effect with a house of mine I dindn't like. It became one of my best downloaded objects ;) My ID ist just as here lisi_ja. <3

Hi Cath Yes I agree it seems to be a little quite here on the forums, hopefully with the arrive of a new GP or EP it will help. We are in the last month of Autumn and it is now just starting to cool down a little. :/ I hope all is well. Big Hugs Folly
  • NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    Oh wow, two whole new pages since I last visted your thread! ;) I love the two new modern houses. Great exterior and interior design on both. And I'm in love with your little fairy tree house! May I please live there! It looks so cute and cozy <3