Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Oh no. You should never join clubs with initiation tests. I really like Toxic. I hope I see her again! =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • KaraliynnKaraliynn Posts: 4 New Member
    So happy for an update <3 Thank you!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I like Dorkie's grumpiness. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I like Dorkie's grumpiness. :)

I do, too. I based him off of one of Jane Austen's grumpy characters in Sense and Sensibility. I'm forgetting his name but he's the husband of Marianne and Elinor's neighbor's daughter. The daughter is foolish and he makes fun of her in his grumpy way (but he's likeable). Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh no, I smell shenanigans...troll Shenanigans at that! <3
    edited April 2016
    Chapter 2.5

When Harry entered Seventh Sanctum Park, uneasy feelings bled through him. He shook his head at himself. Why couldn’t he just have said no to these plum ideas?

Screenshot_1282.jpg

He was sure to get caught and then what would Lionel say? The troll hated him anyway, always looking down on the clothes he put together. “THOSE shoes do NOT go with THAT vest. My dear master, can you STOP thinking like a low class gnome?” Lionel’s words slapped him every time he’d think about it. But could Harry help it if he liked the way plaid socks looked with shorts? Or how wearing a hat made him feel like he was sinking into a soft blanket? But this was looked down upon in Midnight Moor. Trolls did not wear hats unless you were a police officer or a barrister and no one wore socks with shorts. To Harry, everyone was so stiff and formal—even his lower class friends in the troll world all wore suits and the girls wore gowns or dresses. He’d never get used to their ways.

Thankfully, Harry found some plaid pants that Lionel relented on allowing him to wear as long as he put a fancy vest with it. But the butler spat that he was going to have Harry go to the tailor first thing the following week because he had gnome stink all over him when he wore Harry Sr.’s clothing.

“It is beneath poor Lord Horrid, Maker rest his soul, that you defile these garments with your lack of style. I cannot understand since your father took to fashion even better than most trolls. Must be that muddy blood of yours.”

Harry glared at the memory of this racist remark against his mother. But he swallowed down his angry feelings. Maybe he’d think about this when he went to perform his duty tonight. Maybe making Lionel angry with him was just the thing to get back at him.

Marching up to the fountain, Harry pulled out the soap dust and poured. He didn’t care that all of his friends were looking at him or anyone else for that matter.

Screenshot_1286.jpg

Toxic sat on the side of the fountain, gazing up at him, chuckling. “Do you really think that’s the wisest thing to do, Harry? You know my brother would let you into his silly club whether you did this foolish thing or not. You’re a Horrid, after all. And Horrids have never consorted with Venoms in the history of Midnight Moor.”

Screenshot_1287.jpg

As Harry poured, he was happy to hear the tinkling sound of Toxic’s voice. She was so pretty and a welcome sight. He just hoped he could get away with his prank before any police came nosing around.

“I have me own reasons for doing this, lassie, so never ye mind about me.”

Screenshot_1288.jpg

“Well, if you won’t listen to good sense, then I will leave,” Toxic said, getting up from her seat. “I don’t really want to be put in the dungeons tonight.”

Harry’s sister, Rose, shouted at him, “Harry, don’t let Lionel know about this! You will be grounded for centuries!”

Henry Venom shook his head. “You’re being a worried ninny, dear Rose. Harry is the heir. That butler of yours cannot touch him.”

Screenshot_1291.jpg

Rose arched an eyebrow. “You, sir, obviously have never met our butler.”

Dusting off his pants, Harry motioned at Toxic. “Come see me handy work. There’s nothing to fear, lassie. All is well. Do ye see any bobbies about? Nay...let us have a bit of fun then!”

“I don’t know...”

Screenshot_1293.jpg

As the fountain gurgled, bubbles billowed up, overflowing like white cotton candy. “Ain’t it bonnie? Just like snow on the Elivager mountains.”

Screenshot_1296.jpg

“The Elivager mountains?” Toxic asked, wide eyed. “Have you been there, Harry? I thought it to be accursed by vampires.”

Screenshot_1297.jpg

Waving his arms, Harry exclaimed, “No, o’course not, lass, but I’d love to see them some day. Since I’ll be inheriting a large sum, I plan to travel and see all the sights I’ve read and studied about. I want to know all the races since meeting trolls.”

Screenshot_1295.jpg

“So, what do you think about trolls?” Toxic asked.

Screenshot_1294.jpg

Squinting playfully, with a slight smile, he answered, “That they have their wee noses stuck up their 🐸🐸🐸🐸, that’s what.”

Screenshot_1298.jpg

Toxic crossed her arms angrily. “Well, if that’s what you think about trolls, why stay? Why don’t you take your money and leave Midnight Moor?”

Harry laughed, jumping into the fountain. “Because I wouldna get to see yer bonnie face when ye get mad.”

Screenshot_1301.jpg

With that response, Toxic’s face melted and she laughed. “I guess we do take ourselves a bit too seriously.”

Screenshot_1302.jpg

“Serious? Trolls? Nay...but if’n ye want to unstarch that stiff dress of yers, why not join me in the foam? It’s a braw time, it tis!”

Gingerly, Toxic stepped a toe into the bubbles. “Harry, if you get me into trouble...”

Screenshot_1303.jpg

“Quit yer worrying, lassie. I wouldna lead ye into misfortune. There now. How do ye like it?”

Screenshot_1304.jpg

“It’s very strange,” Toxic said. “But my shoes are now all squishy.”

At that moment, Harry splashed her, sending foam careening through the air.

“Harry! Stop it! You’ll get me all wet!”

Screenshot_1307.jpg

But Harry didn’t stop. They splashed and played until all the foam disappeared.

Sitting on the edge of the fountain, Toxic said, “Oh my, what will my mother say now? My dress is ruined.”

“Oy, I’m so sorry, Toxic. I dinna think about that. Tell yer ma I’ll replace it.”

Screenshot_1314.jpg

“It’s fine, Harry. I have other dresses.”

“But I like this one on you and replace it, I shall. Has anyone ever told ye how bonnie ye are in the moonlight, lassie?”

Screenshot_1316.jpg

Jerking her head to the side, Toxic said, “I know very well that I’m not pretty. I’ve been made fun of all my life. What’s your angle, Harry Horrid? Why are you being so nice to me?”

Screenshot_1330.jpg

Leaning into her, Harry’s stomach tingled. He wanted to spend more time with her—she made him laugh. “No angle, lassie. Can’t a gentleman pay a compliment to a lady now and then? Tis true, though. Ye are as bonnie as the ocean in sunlight.”

Screenshot_1331.jpg

Blushing shyly, Toxic rose to her feet and said, “I must be going, Harry. It’s almost curfew.”

Screenshot_1332.jpg

“All right then. Can I see ye again? Take ye to dinner. Name the place, and I’ll fetch a horse and carriage, taking you in style to anywhere ye wish.”

Screenshot_1333.jpg

Hesitantly, Toxic nodded and turned, walking away.

Harry felt as if he was floating five feet off the ground. He couldn’t wait to see her again. Toxic’s beautiful face would be in his dreams that night.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Aww... Toxic is certainly my favourite of gen 2! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I love Toxic! Now let's hope she wont meet her end the way the suitors of Harry Sr. did...
    I love Toxic! Now let's hope she wont meet her end the way the suitors of Harry Sr. did...

Lol...one never knows! Ha! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I love that name Toxic and that beautiful troll girl <3 And, of course, Harry Jr. is a real gentleman, his father would be proud of him if he would be alive... Wonderful chapter, @pammiechick! <3
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Toxic is the bomb diggity!! So love her :)<3 And Jr is such a romantic young man Oooo
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Awww, Toxic. She has such a heartwarming name. No wonder Harry is smitten. I hope they'll be more lucky together than his father and his wives.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    So cute! I hope there is no curse over the wives of the Horrid's heirs or it will become not so cute anymore :D
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Awww, Toxic. She has such a heartwarming name. No wonder Harry is smitten. I hope they'll be more lucky together than his father and his wives.

LOL...heartwarming name. I think her sister, Killer, has the MOST heartwarming name. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I love that name Toxic and that beautiful troll girl <3 And, of course, Harry Jr. is a real gentleman, his father would be proud of him if he would be alive... Wonderful chapter, @pammiechick! <3

You're right...Harry Sr. would be proud of him. I still miss Harry. He was hotheaded and Harry Jr. is not at all. He's got the good trait and you'll see this all the time in the story which will make him very likable, at least.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited April 2016
    Toxic is very pretty :)

Also where did you find her dress?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

You're right...Harry Sr. would be proud of him. I still miss Harry. He was hotheaded and Harry Jr. is not at all. He's got the good trait and you'll see this all the time in the story which will make him very likable, at least.

I also miss Harry... If even he was hotheaded he was wonderful and had very deep and beautiful soul. It's just his life was very tragic... I hope his son will be more happy than his dad.
    edited April 2016
    Toxic is very pretty :)

Also where did you find her dress?

On The Sims Resource...Ladyship
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Chapter 2.6

Harry was worried. He came in after curfew since the boys had many other “tasks” for him to perform before he became a certified member of Da Wrecking Crew. He still wasn’t exactly sure what they actually did as a club except for silly little pranks--the other “jobs” entailed stealing Mrs. Eater’s prized pumpkins and relocating them (Harry refused to smash them,) spraying even more graffiti on the wall of the bluffs, and stealing one of Old Man Under Taker’s prized roosters (Harry acted as if he hid the poor creature under some hay, but when the guys weren’t looking, he tossed the rooster back into the chicken house.)

Stomach churning at the leftover stew, Harry swallowed, hoping Lionel wasn’t too angry with him.

Screenshot_1335.jpg

When Harry sat down, Lionel didn’t even look at him. He just chewed on the same piece of sausage over and over. Finally, Harry couldn’t take the silence any longer and said, “Fer what it’s worth, I’m...er...sorry I came in late last night.”

Screenshot_1341.jpg

And that’s all it took. Like a dam breaking from too much water, Lionel spewed angry words at Harry with all his might. “Do you have any idea how much trouble you are in, young man?”

Harry tried to speak, offering up a finger to try to explain, but Lionel cut him off. “And do you know how worried poor Lady Belle was about you? She stayed up all night thinking someone had carried you off for ransom or you fell off a cliff or that you died one thousand other horrible deaths. Goodness knows this family has had a curse on it lately. And to think you were out gallivanting around with low class scum. VENOMS!”

Screenshot_1337.jpg

“I’m vera sorry fer worrying Lady Belle. I’ll never do it again. Promise. It’s just that I’ve got friends now and...”

“Friends!” Lionel roared. “Do you think VENOMS are your friends, boy? The only thing a Venom wants is a taste of your money. And that is exactly why I told your father to place Rose into Nightshade Academy and not the public school. But then she wasn’t an heir and she never caroused with riff raff. She knows her place. But YOU! I should have known your low genetic disposition would land you in this state. I should have insisted and now, you will be visited by the police shortly along with your uncle. And heaven help you when he gets a hold of you.”

Harry’s mouth went dry. “Am I to be tossed in the dungeons then? How did ye find out?”

Screenshot_1340.jpg

“It’s all over town what you did with those Venom hooligans. I’d gladly usher you to the dungeons myself then we could be rid of your loathsome gnomish filth and Golden could inherit. But your uncle is a proud man and you are under the trust of the estate as heir therefore, he will try to get you out of this mess. But I’m telling you this, boy, if you even step one gnomish toe in with the Venoms again, I will see to it myself that you are tossed into the dungeons, never to see the light of day!”

Stomach churning, Harry muttered, “I’m sorry, Lionel. I will do better. I promise.”

Stone-faced, Lionel said, “Well, that’s a sentence for you to share with your uncle. He’ll be here tomorrow morning. And I’d advise you to tone down that awful gnomelish if you know what’s good for you. You’re young enough to learn how to speak and act like a troll. We made an exception for your father since he was too old to retrain, but you aren’t.”

Screenshot_1336.jpg

Harry could only nod. He blinked back tears. He’d never done anything as mean as the things he’d done that night and he felt so guilty for worrying Lady Belle who was like a mother to him already. He decided he’d really try to become like a true troll. That was his heritage, after all. And besides, his family was so nice, but he wasn’t sure about the Venoms. With the exception of Toxic. He was sure she had a pure heart.

Lionel ordered him to his room without finishing his meal. But Rose asked if he could help her study and the butler relented.

When they settled on Rose’s bed, she asked, “So, is it true? You really did all of those things all over town?”

“What things?” Harry asked.

“Well, everyone is saying you threw Mr. Under Taker’s cat in the river and smashed all of Mrs. Eater’s pumpkins!”

Screenshot_1343.jpg

“Nay, I’d never do anything like that, Rose. I only hid the pumpkins and that’s all. I’d never hurt another creature in all me life. I hope ye believe me.” Harry couldn’t look at her, though, because he was ashamed for the things he had done that night which he wasn’t about to confess.

Rose sighed. “That’s about what I thought, dear Harry. People around town love to make up stories. I’ll put all those rumors to rest for you, so don’t worry. Okay?”

Screenshot_1344.jpg

Golden offered, “Do you want me to put in a good word with Uncle for you, Harry? He likes me.”

Harry lifted the side of his mouth. He had the best siblings and he didn’t deserve them. “Nay, little mate. I expect I’ll take the wrath as best as I can. I dinna wish any anger to roll off onto you. I’m sure I’ll survive it.”

Screenshot_1342.jpg

Early the next morning, Golden shared with Justice what he overheard Lionel speaking with Lady Belle about what his uncle planned to do with Harry.

Incensed, Justice stormed through the parlor, seeking the butler.

Screenshot_1347.jpg

“What’s this I hear about you sending my brother away?” he thundered. “He’s the next best thing to Da and you can’t take him away. I won’t let you!”

Screenshot_1349.jpg

“It has already been decided. Now run along, Master Justice. This is a matter for adults to decide. You’ll only get yourself in trouble going on like that.”

Tears sprang to the little guy’s eyes and he ran out of the kitchen, praying to the Maker that they wouldn’t take Harry away.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Harry's siblings are the best! They only know each other for such a short time, but are so friendly with him! It's amazing to read <3
    I hope Harry doesn't get in to much trouble, and that we'll get to see the Venom sisters again ;)
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Sibling power! i agree that the things Harry did were not right, but send him away and lock him up is a little far for some pranks. i loved this chapter though. good job pammie!
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Harry you are a good guy and your siblings see it. That is a lot after such a short time for them to love each other already so much :)
    Marialein wrote: »
    Harry you are a good guy and your siblings see it. That is a lot after such a short time for them to love each other already so much :)

True...the children see their father in him so much that they bonded instantly to him. So did Blue. Lionel is a snob so he can't get past Harry's gnome looks.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I feel sorry for Harry, he is very good guy :( I'm glad his siblings believe in him, he really needs their support and love. I hope everything will be ok...
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Lionel should be more forgiving, Harry Jr is just a kid. He should just ground him for a bit, not send him away... :(