Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited April 2016
    @jillbg Yep, Kaydence's first victory was surviving Madison and Sebastian, lol. Neither one of these guys would be considered parent of the year material. Everything else was gravy. And hey, sucking her thumb is a lot better than other things she could be doing... I half expected a girl completely different than what I got. It could be worse... she could be her cousin Skylar...
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @venusdemilosims Better sucking her thumb than experimenting with drugs... Or as you said, being Skylar! :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @jillbg Prime example... family camping trip...

7quVGl7.jpg

g7uaBoZ.jpg

Skylar wouldn't even cooperate during the family camping trip. True story. Skylar actually went home during the family camping trip. I was looking for her with the rest of the family and she's across town at the mansion...
    Even Sierra was with the family during the trip. Sierra, remember, is Skylar's sister.

Look for the rest of the family camping trip sometime when I get a chance...

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @jillbg -I've had them play chess on occasions and the online studying is a bit like reading the books without buying them as online files.Great pictures!
    @Achoo89 -Great update!Thanks for the comment.
    @venusdemilosims -Great update!Thansk for the comment.I use a Mod to be able to stop roommates in UL apartment lots so I can use them as rental houses for poor sims.You might need to get it from MTS for your game so your sim can get somthing cheaper.He also needs to learn to not overspend his money if he gets any more.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    Here's an update on Fargo Service Center.
    The work crews moved the things into the new store building.
    25910143020_a031243fb4_c.jpg
    They added a few desks and some computers to the lot.
    26090559182_393cdbf8d6_c.jpg
    Here's the center after the update was finished.
    25910137890_aa01c3be12_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson Great update! :) The center looks god. I remember that in TS2 you actually bought clothes from the rack, and comics, books, films and grocery too...

@venusdemilosims I'm not surprised that Skylar went home! :# I'd love to see and hear more about the camping trip! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @jillbg I hope to post about the camping trip at some point.

Meanwhile Skylar has dropped yet another bombshell on her mother...

Screenshot-5528_zps8oyws4n4.jpg

During one of Skylar's therapy sessions, Skylar revealed to her mother that she didn't plan on attending college. Instead, she planned on going to Starlight Shores to further her singing career.
    Savannah, the college professor who valued education so much that she started each of her children's instruction early, was not only dumbfounded, she was downright perturbed.
    Skylar's test scores, while not Kaydence good, had been enough to win her a partial scholarship to college, and Savannah wanted her to attend, as her older siblings had.

Screenshot-5533_zpsiba8ictf.jpg

But Skylar was seeing no part of the college life. Not only that, but her mind seemed to be made up about it, too.

Screenshot-5534_zpsswilmbqj.jpg

The good therapist attempted to offer the girl, several months older than her cousin Kaydence, some sage advice. "You know, in case this singing thing doesn't work out, you might want to try to find something to fall back on."

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @TadOlson Great update

@venusdemilosims Great updates

I have not been on here much this week.
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims Good insight into the Jolina-Plumbs! I've commented more on the other thread! I love your updates! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Going to be running 2 households. Lacy household will be shown on the forum the Patrick household can be found on my signature
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sorry, guys, the farmers burned their fields, the wind brought the smoke into the city a couple of times and boom, I got flu #2. Either that or flu #1 had been laying really really low and decided to make a final bid to kill me. ;) I'm going to call it flu 2. I'm recovering from flu 2. Back to eating solid foods...mostly. :D

@Wolfmoki: Looks like their relationship isn't getting much better with age. :D You have to be in with someone really good before you can get away with a 3 a.m. visit... that didn't go over very well. :D

@Venus: Yep, that's exactly what he's trying to do. :D Did Madison have to pay alimony or child support? I wonder why he's having such a hard time, usually men get parts far past the time when women do, and he's not really that old for a male actor, even with lines on his face, usually guys are termed as being more 'distinguished', did he burn some bridges or is it just the type casting? Aw, hopefully being lectured by his sister will help motivate him to grow up a bit. What an outfit to be wearing at the time though lol. ;) Will he do musical gigs on the side?

lol- love the 'caught you red handed' look on Kaydence's face there. :D Lol- yep, not a licensed pilot but capable of making one! :D Lol @ Skyler escaping from camping. :D (Skyler: What, I'm outdoors.) ;) I bet that's pretty shocking for such an educated family, I guess she had to find a way to rebel that even Sierra hadn't. ;) Poor Sawyer isn't going to have anything left to do rebellion wise...guess he'll just have to be straight laced and charming! :D

@Jillbg: Yeah, I tend to find how regular people lived to be more fascinating myself. :D Of course, wanderers naturally interest me even though they weren't normal... :D And many countries have tales about wanderers. :D But there is a poem called Doer (because they named it after the purported scop telling it) that is quite funny in that I imagine this traveling bard trying to put one over on the monks who don't know the Scandinavian legends and are just taking his word for it; though perhaps they knew full well, who knows? But there is this poem that's refrain is something like 'that passed away perhaps this will too' and through it he makes many references that are difficult for us now, but at the end of it, when he talks about who he is, he makes reference to a legendary never ending battle as the place he comes from... (Heodeningas) and says that one of the legendary figures is the one that replaced him there...and then ends it with the refrain...but being a never-ending battle, it's obviously not going to change lol. :D (Doer: Oh, hey, write this in your book, hehehe!) That's how I imagine it anyway. :D

I do envy your ability to go see these places. :D Yeah, a trip to Europe is a bit out of my budget. ;) Thanks for the thought though. :D

lol @ "Do you know what time it is?...Er...7 a.m.? 8?' That does seem to be a natural reaction, her running to the palantir to see. :D I love the look on her face with the raven in the palintir pic. :D How to say things without spoiling things for those who haven't read it yet... :D Interesting that she can feel the sea! :D Ravens are smart but surely the unblinking eye should tell her it's magical! :D Well, I'm glad the honking got through and she got out of it. :D Well, experience is a teacher, next time you'll take a moment to collect yourself and ask the right question! Nice Linn cares enough to have a tissue handy... Glad they didn't kill the raccoon no matter what her teacher said. :D (Driving more carefully would not require either casualties!) Good thing there aren't any oncoming cars :D Oh, that firefighter! It's nice to know what Taiga is not good at as well as what she is. :D I'm glad she told Granny! Lol @ Missy's hedgehog. ;) Wow, dark ways, lol- it sounds like Taiga has her work cut out for her! What an interesting dream ;) I like how you tied that together like that. :D So, hopefully that's specific enough and vague enough to both tell you what I thought without spoiling anything. :D

@TadOlson: Looks like they've got plenty of peace to skill up in. :D Ah, the store seems to be coming along. :D Lots of things to do in that store. :D

@Dreamerz: Wow, with that cc it looks pretty convincing! :D So sweet, with Alex there holding her hand like that. :D (That's how my husband held my hand when I was getting my root canal). :D Oh, exciting! :D A boy. :D Well, less hand me downs but I'm pretty sure the family will be happy to have variety. :D Oh, that's kinda scary, having your twin just totally disappear like that.

Lol @ Alex seems to be thinking very hard lol. ;) Like he's appraising it like a work of art of something lol. :D

@Achoo: Aw, poor kid. Poor Dominic. It's a good thing his mom cares and is there for them. :D
  • Options
    Wow looks like everybody came back at once... wb guys!

For me, my issue has been my work schedule. It's been crazy to say the least.

@jillbg Yep, I introduced those folks to the wacky wild world of the Jolina-Plumbs, with their uniquely simmish brand of family dysfunction. And I've of course got plenty more to show them...

@Zabeth0 Madison was supposed to pay alimony but of course she never did... and Sebastian didn't make her. He's having a hard time getting parts because of the type casting... he used to play action heroes and young virile romantic leads but he's now too old for those parts, so he's been taking small roles, like the one opposite Alanna Stanley as her deadbeat dad. And there was also the Madison situation that soured his relationships with producers... He had also taken a role in a Simflix series (that's the Sim version of Netflix) so he's still getting parts, just not the plum leading roles he got in the past. In fact when Savannah lectured him like she lectures her kids, he was filming an episode for that Simflix series, that's why he was wearing that outfit.

• Options
    2nd Zolnikov Christmas Special: (Part Sixteen)

wjh1q8.jpg

Rafael: He had taken a little longer than he had intended, getting Whizbang and bringing him up, then taking Stacy in to watch him fix the shower, then of course, Stacy had need of a diaper change, which of course he did in the laundry room before they can back out again. He set Stacy down on the only circle of carpet so she could play with her favorite dragon toy, when he turned around he'd expected Zelda to be dressed in something like a sweatshirt or maybe a Christmas themed sweater and blue jeans. He did not expect anything glittery.

309nhh5.jpg

Rafael: He did not expect ruffles or a bracelet to be involved.

b4uffb.jpg

Rafael: She was in a designer dress...Zelda had dressed up for him...completely dressed up for him, she hadn't done that since their wedding, and even that hadn't really been for him, it had been to rub in the other witches faces, he'd just been another accessory at that time. And this wasn't something that was in the closet...and being a designer dress, it was unlikely that she somehow magically made it...she had to get this ordered ahead of time in order to do this. He just stared. Zelda was lovely even in her pajamas as far as he was concerned, but she was so beautiful when she dressed up it was almost frightening. He stood stunned looking at her.

Zelda: "It's from a magazine, there was some guy who made it... Pheonis Bloodsower or something like that. He sounds like he should be crushing the skulls of his enemies, not making clothes, but whatever. It's all artsy so I thought you'd like it, Twinkle Toes, and whether you like it or not, it's only got one button. One big button. You should have no problem getting this dress off me tonight!"

33kakns.jpg

Zelda: "Do you like it? Cuz I totally planned stuff. This wasn't summoned, I totally ordered it and had it sent er...elsewhere so I could bring it in while you were still sleeping...it was hard not waking you up when the closet was right there. After I managed to not wake you up...just barely... I thought about how I could have just hid it down in the basement until you went to work and then brought it upstairs and hid it in the closet and it would have been so much easier, but you know, I'd already done it...Rafael? Say something."

2bxwut.jpg

Rafael: She'd managed to get him a present that he didn't know he wanted. "Oh, Zyelda,"

hvyrte.jpg

Rafael: "I lof it."
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 Great update

I decided to revamp my the sims 3. I did a total clean up
    and only going to put in some hair and such for now since it were a bit of problems before with bad cc.

This is the test sim no name on her,
    on the forum right now sicne I only test with her.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpssecqyyv5.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @Silverofdreams30 She's cute
    @Zabeth0 Aww she dressed up for him... look at his response...look at that wink in his eye, he wants to go upstairs... And nope, Kaydence doesn't hide anything. You pretty much know exactly what she's thinking.

Last time I was here, of course, Sierra stole a Galaxa space car from the military base and built a plumbot so she and Kaydence could go to Lunar Lakes to try to find AJ and Alexandra.

nlK2ujN.jpg

Sierra and Kaydence were still working under the cover of darkness. They had to. If anyone found out what they'd done or what they were planning...

uNmvPQ7.jpg

Carefully examining the steering, Kaydence was tasked with trying to reprogram the ship for extraterrestrial travel.

EKf76Gc.jpg

Suffice it to say, she was much better with levers than she was with a football. At least she knew a little bit more about programming than she did about sports.

bRkzDyJ.jpg

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Sierra telling her a special chip had to be inserted in the steering.

scSeHYJ.jpg

Every time Kaydence had doubts, Sierra reminded her why she was doing this.

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    First post for the Patrick household is up.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Hello lovelies. Popping in to say hi. I've been distracted this week, nothing too crazy this week, just been into other things a bit and just kind of enjoying an almost peaceful normal week. I'd forgotten what that felt like lol. I'll hopefully finish off an update on Aedan tonight or tomorrow, but I thought I'd pop in and say hi first this time and get to a couple comments, or I might not get to it XD.

Somebody was wanting to know where I got the ultrasound set, I forget who and I'm not scrolling through everything... I know there's not much but I just want to go back to the last day or two though so I can get back to my game and stuff. I also have to go pull apart my keyboard before I just smash it because it's acting up. XD Anyway, if they're still wondering or in case anybody else wanted to know, the machine was here, poses here.

Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Dreamerz: Wow, with that cc it looks pretty convincing! :D So sweet, with Alex there holding her hand like that. :D (That's how my husband held my hand when I was getting my root canal). :D Oh, exciting! :D A boy. :D Well, less hand me downs but I'm pretty sure the family will be happy to have variety. :D Oh, that's kinda scary, having your twin just totally disappear like that.

Lol @ Alex seems to be thinking very hard lol. ;) Like he's appraising it like a work of art of something lol. :D

Praise the CC lol, because I didn't know what I was going to do without it (but it fell into place at almost the last minute), it does make it look pretty good.The variety is very welcome. Another boy has been wanted in the family for a while... so many girls lol, even Alex's side has more girls than boys (not as substantially though), so I think everybody wanted a boy.

He was actually gagging at it XD I wish I captured the pic just a tad sooner, it was beautiful, and awful XD (after Evie kills him, she's going to kill me for how much I laughed).

Zelda's dress is lovely. It's sweet that Rafael loved it so much.

I decided to revamp my the sims 3. I did a total clean up
    and only going to put in some hair and such for now since it were a bit of problems before with bad cc.

This is the test sim no name on her,
    on the forum right now sicne I only test with her.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpssecqyyv5.jpg

Lovely sim.

scSeHYJ.jpg

Every time Kaydence had doubts, Sierra reminded her why she was doing this.

I can see why Kaydence has doubts. I'm glad Sierra is there though to remind her why they're doing what they are, somebody needs to find AJ and Alexandra. I do hope things go well for them though and all their effort pays off.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Zabeth0 I hope you're back for good this time, and that you won't fall ill again! :) I think that was so totally unexpected, it was his best present! I love how you arranged the pictures from down on up just like we're watching Zelda with Rafael's eyes... That outfit is really pretty, you've succeeded in making it look glamourous and christmassy! Just look at his face in the last picture, if that isn't love, nothing is... <3"Pheonis Bloodsower or something like that. He sounds like he should be crushing the skulls of his enemies, not making clothes, but whatever." That cracked me up! :D

I'm glad you liked the update, and don't worry about spoiling! I like your reference to Deor, it was easy to lie about where you came from and who you were. Still in the 19th century you could go to Paris and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for the Countess of lappland (northern Scandinavia), as noone really knew where it was located, or were supposed to go there one day... ;) Can easily imagine Deor eating and drinking at the monks table, burping and thinking 'take that, brother'!

"Usually", when consulting a Crystal ball, the witch can see images in it, like Taïga when she tried to find Linn's mother and only saw Norvegian landscapes... But to get Inside the sphere is hardly ever heard of, as you don't come back to tell about it... Taïga has powers to explore, but she'll need guidance. She's now found her spirit animal, the raven, and it will help her on her journey - especially as the closer to the blood moon the come, the more intense her nightmares become...

@Silverofdreams30 Cute test sim! :) Sometimes it's better to just use .package files, like that you can easily install/uninstall, and avoid having too much CC at the same time in your game.

@venusdemilosims ... and let's just hope Kaydence really knows what she's doing. That she won't mistakenly touch something that - Pouf! - sends her off to Lunar Lakes... :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've no been here for a while because I was sick.
    @jillbg -Thanks for the comment.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great picture!
    @msbeckycat -I've done a few games at one time so I can switch if I got bored with one.
    @Zabeth0 -I love that service center and it's supposed to be a community center with a store in it.Great update!
    @dreamerz13 -I've had to deal with a full hard drive and my game is full of too much CC though it's not slowed loading down.
    @venusdemilosims -Great update!
    Glen Harbor,Maryland-Fall-1662.New Constructions.
    The lot for the new venue got flattened.
    26362888815_1e57f20070.jpg
    The dance studio got placed on the lot zoned as a gym.
    26336939066_62728a9487.jpg
    The lower level with a pool.
    26336928586_8dd9a8dae9.jpg
    The upper floor with a hallway.
    26362865075_4bfd87c65f.jpg
    The top floor with the dance area.
    25758023394_0d089e89b2.jpg
    A full view of the building with room in the back.
    26270485102_dc01c6791d.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @venusdemilosims Thank you great update

@jillbg Thanks yeah too bad some of the nicer cc always are just i none package formate,
    I prefer those aswell the package ones.

@dreamerz13 Thank you

@TadOlson Great update
  • Options
    I have added back my cc that I like so far so good only package files.

My test sim before cc

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpsb8orkkec.jpg

With cc added

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zps8n1owoxw.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @TadOlson I hope you're feeling better! :) I love the dance studio, I think there are so many nice things that comes with it.

@Silverofdreams30 Why don't you use Delphy's Multiextracter? I do it all the time, to transform .simspack into .package. Very handy. :)

Here's a video I made of the Star Wars pictures!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkywOah5-44
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Silver: Thanks. :D Ouch. I hope it goes smoothly! Oh, very nice hairstyle. :D

@Venus: Yeah, but if they don't get caught... I wonder what their plan is for returning the car. :D Hopefully the military is just so happy to have their (free) work on it... and doesn't press charges because they don't want to admit the car exists lol. :D

@Dreamerz: That sounds like a pain! I hope you don't have to buy a new keyboard. :D Gagging? lol, Oh my word, hopefully she just thinks he got randomly sick? Thanks. :D

@Jillbg: Thanks. :D Yeah, sometimes I think people forget how recent birth certificates and identification cards are. :D I love crows and ravens, they are so smart- it makes them funny. :D You can see them do things like figure out puzzles and jump on ketchup packets and eat discarded fries like they are worms... so you never know what you'll see them doing in the city here. :D I love your Taiga Star Wars pictures video. lol :D Very cool. :D

@TadOlson: Sorry to hear you were sick too. :D Glad you're better! :D Thanks. :D It looks wonderful. :D Hopefully everyone makes good use of it. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Silverofdreams30 the CC does make a difference. I try to limit my use of it, myself, and only use package files for easier removal.

@TadOlson Nice build! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

@Zabeth0 Yeah, how are they going to return the car... I wouldn't consider the military grateful at this point, considering Commander Blank's reaction to Kaydence's pointed questions.
    Oh and remember the only reason Sierra went to college in the first place was because when she was at Fort Starch she tested in ahead of schedule and they found out she was whip smart... it was basically a way out of doing hard time for her, lol.

@jillbg Still love those Star Wars pix :)

dAzZTGo.jpg

Lunar Lakes was like nowhere they'd ever been and nothing they expected. Not only because of its ambience, but because of its atmosphere. The air surrounding it was covered in a thick layer of smog, and the two realized that in order to breathe here long term they would need oxygen masks. They were surprised to see that the town was, settled, inhabited. The question was - by whom?
    Sierra and Kaydence knew that if AJ and Alexandra were here, they'd have to find them quickly.

eVB2Hl0.jpg

PzQYG8D.jpg

They set up shop in an abandoned hangar in the inhabited area of town, near the famed science facility, which itself was made out of a crashed spaceship.

giRtswX.jpg

The science facility, er, crashed spaceship, was the centerpiece of town and its landmark. Being so far from home, the captain gave up all hope of returning to his earthly home.

5K4Nhar.jpg

As they walked inside this facility, Kaydence began to wonder - had AJ and Alexandra given up hope of being found?

r1iwX1w.jpg

Sierra, knowing Kaydence had read about the history of Lunar Lakes before taking that flight, let out a chuckle and tried to reassure her. "Every piece of information I have tells me they're here. We're going to find them, don't worry."

Bonus - as soon as they landed in Lunar Lakes, both of them spun up wants to write a sci-fi novel...

Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    @jillbg I downlaoded that program thanks.

@Zabeth0 it works so far so good hehe

@venusdemilosims Gret update, yeah its a bit of difference with some cc added.
  • Options
    Here is 3 more screens from the test sim.

[img][/img]Screenshot-4_zpsqjtvutsb.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-5_zpsa8r4rck9.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-6_zpsz55ngsou.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top