Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐Ÿก Cath's Creations ๐Ÿก

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @YJB19299, thank you for your lovely comments! Oh, I can completely relate to 'obsession', lol :p I'm happy to hear you had fun with your comps and that you got S3. It's so different from S4, it will be interesting to see what you think. I haven't played the old game once, since I installed S4. Although I miss it, my computer had trouble handling it. It's probably my fault because I had all the eps and sps and Tons of store content. :p
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Cath love your new additions sweetie. Your pools and fountains always looks so realistic. I love them. <3
  • Options
    @rosemow, Thank you so much for letting me know about this and the congratulations, Rose! I would not have known, otherwise. :blush:<3

@BreeMiles and @Nejioranaid, Thank you very much, ladies! :blush:<3
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Firefly Cottage 1br. 1ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $140,226
    No CC

Gallery Link

The inspiration photo for this home was set deep in the forest at night, with a million fireflies floating around. I Loved it! It's a cute little cabin with a creek running along one side... a nice place to relax and unwind.

1_zps9kesy5ff.png

4_zps3oakiczw.png

02-15-16_12-52-12nbspPM_zpsh2cv8d6p.png

02-15-16_12-52-21nbspPM_zpsbqqchbvu.png

02-15-16_12-53-13nbspPM_zpsmytgl6kq.png

02-15-16_12-54-22nbspPM_zpswfiofktc.png

9_zpslewwq8gg.png

10_zpsfnbpfjew.png

11_zps3ihfutyy.png

12_zps26ejk9z8.png

13_zpsmqlkzour.png

14_zpsxpjhthf7.png

More pictures in the slideshow, here.

Could have used a few of those cute little firefly's for this next pic :p

Good Night!

15_zpsdb9fvhup.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Firefly Cottage is so very, very pretty! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The roofing and flower box dormer looks very nice! Very nice outdoors areas! The creek looks very nice running along the side of the home, and the flowers look so very pretty in the outdoors areas! The wavy front footpath looks very nice. The flowers look pretty around the base of the trees. The plants and flowers on the front patio are so very nice and pretty for sims to see when entering the home! Very nice back patio outdoor dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the table, enjoy the very nice outdoors setting! The flower cart is a nice touch there. The garden tools and water fountain are nice touches on the exterior wall. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! Very nice wall patterning and the brown colour scheme of the room gives a nice feel to the room. Very nice fireplace and tv nook! The mooing of the tv and fireplace looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching tv in front of the fire. The grandfather clock, the books, clock and rooster on the side table and the wall coat shelf are nice homely touches there. The tissues, lamp and books look great on the table between the seats, and the books look great on the ground near the clock. Very nice study desk nook in the room for sims to enj lot sitting at the desk table using the computer. Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets, windows and crockery display shelves look very nice how they are placed there! The teapot is nice on the stove. Very nice dining table nook! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals there. The wall clock looks homely there. The type of curtains that you have used and the placemrnt of them on the windows looks very nice. Very nice bedroom! The wall paneling looks very nice. The tissues, flowers, photos and books are nice home touches on the bedside tables. The mirrors look nice on the left and right hand areas of the bedhead wall. Very nice master bathroom. The bath tub nook is nice, and the hanging robe looks homely.
    The home is so very nice! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow, Thank you for your lovely review, Rose! :blush: Hugs, <3<3
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    How sweet is that?! :) I love the cabin! So adorable! Love the stream that you have created. Will be adding to my favourites. <3
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Firefly Cottage is so quaint and beautiful, very cosy and homely inside and I love all the cottage planting :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited March 2016
    Firefly Cottage is a cozy cabin build! :smiley: Love the name too, makes me remind I want to listen to the song by Owl City, hehe! ;)
    I like your architecture, simple, but it looks very charming! The front porch looks very vibrant and wonderful roofing work too! Love the dormer you did! Your landscaping is very pretty! Very pretty gardens and the stream of brook too! Love the plants from the porch, so pretty! And your interior, so cozy! Love that earthy green color! Very creative MOOing too!
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already added this to my faves, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited November 2016
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Hi, Cath! Love your Roseberry Cottage; it's got charm to spare, and you really made the pink theme work well vs. overwhelm. Firefly Cottage is just adorable - exactly my style if I was able to have my own little cottage somewhere. ;) I liked your Buttercup Cottage and Wentworth builds too. And it's great to see you venturing into another modern build with Modern Love. The quality of all of your builds is always second-to-none. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @yanti68, @masajo, @RyeCris16, @Nejioranaid and @BryonyRae, Thank you for your very lovely comments guys! I really appreciate each of you taking the time to have a look. :blush:<3<3<3

@ureshii_wa, Thank you so much for having a look at both threads! :blush:<3 So very nice of you (and time consuming, lol) :D I agree with your thoughts on both games. Hopefully IF, there's ever a S5, we'll get a nice combination of both 3 and 4. AND if we are lucky enough to have that happen, I really hope my computer will handle it better than it did with S3. :p

• Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh my goodness, how did I miss this. SOOOOOOO cute...the little stream running down the side of the lot is perfect. Wonderful charm and warmth. Oooozing with 'lost in the woods' feel. I love it!!! Would vacation there in a heartbeat. Send me the keys....โ™ฅโ™ฅ
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Firefly Cottage is just as cute as can be Cath :) Beautifully landscaped , I love the little stream running alongside the cottage. The decor is cozy and inviting. :)<3 Hugs Folly
  • Options
    @Cassee and @follyfoot, thank you both for stopping by for a look and for your lovely comments! :blush:<3<3
  • Options
    Modern Love 5br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $289,773
    No CC

Gallery Link

I started this build last year sometime. I found the inspiration pic and thought it was really different, as moderns go. When I went back to it a couple of weeks ago, all that was done was the shell. I thought I remembered finishing the landscaping so I went back through my "very Full" library, haha, and found the version with the finished landscaping. Bonus was, some of the rooms on the main floor were done too. :p Whew! So glad I saved it and didn't have to redo everything.

The main floor of the home is open concept with the kitchen, living and dining room. Just around the corner but still open-ish, is the study. There is also a home gym, a playroom and a full bath, on this floor. Second floor has all five bedrooms and two full baths.
    Exterior and first floor pics:

Some exterior shots and some of the back patio:

1_zpsssfnbmvn.png

2_zps2ytstoob.png

8_zpsnqd3mk8m.png

7_zpsjc6b6d9t.png

6_zpsvo1smybm.png

backyard_zpsqtk4haju.png

patio_zpsp4fnhwhi.png

Stepping inside:

11_zpsj7xzvv17.png

13_zpsazmkbamh.png

30_zpsjh31z9fd.png

14_zpsyrgztx9l.png

15_zpsqgydwcon.png

03-05-16_1-02-52nbspPM_zpsbmvo1uon.png

More pics including all of the bedrooms and baths, can be found in the slideshow here

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Love is a very nice modern home! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! It looks very great! The curved and other roofing looks so very nice! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build. The water fountains feature is a nice touch in the front area of the build. The cactus and rocks look great on the edges of the home, and the trees and plants on the left and right hand corners of the lot look great! Very nice curved roof car port! The back outdoors living and dining patio looks so very nice! The kitchen nook looks great! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine. Very nice sofas and armchairs sitting area! The seating looks nice how it is placed there. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers in the outdoors air. The shape of the pool looks great and the water fountains look nice going into the pool. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The type of and way that you have placed the trees, rocks and plants on the edges of the patio looks so very effective and suits the modern home theme well. The angled plants growing in the corner nook looks great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen areas looks nice. The armchairs and sofas look nice how they are placed in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there near the fire, listening to the music being played and chatting. The candles are a nice touch on the coffee table and the plants look nice placed either sides of the fire. The shelves with the plants and statue on them in the music nook looks very nice! The enlarged dining table looks nice. The black colour of the dining seats looks nice with the glass table. Very nice design of the kitchen! The white colour scheme of the furnishings and the black wall tiling gives a very nice feel to the room. The cabinets look so very nice how they placed on the kitchen walls! The three windows in the sink nook look great! Very nice office room! The windows study desk area is very nice! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst using the computer. The bookcases look great how they are placed in the room, with the bigger bookcases either sides of the books table.. Sims will enjoy resting on the armchairs reading a book. The corner plant is a nice touch of green in the room. It is nice that there is a gym room for sims to enjoy using the fitness equipment to keep fit. They will enjoy listening to music from the wall speakers whilst training. The windows study desk nook and the armchairs reading area in the kids room looks very nice. Sims will enjoy resting and reading there. The ladybug looks cute on the study desk! The trains and ship are nice touches on the table.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Modern Love is a handsome modern home! :) It seems perfectly suited to its location in Oasis Springs. The details both inside and out are amazing. Truly impressive!
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Modern Love 5br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $289,773
    No CC

Gallery Link

I started this build last year sometime. I found the inspiration pic and thought it was really different, as moderns go. When I went back to it a couple of weeks ago, all that was done was the shell. I thought I remembered finishing the landscaping so I went back through my "very Full" library, haha, and found the version with the finished landscaping. Bonus was, some of the rooms on the main floor were done too. :p Whew! So glad I saved it and didn't have to redo everything.

The main floor of the home is open concept with the kitchen, living and dining room. Just around the corner but still open-ish, is the study. There is also a home gym, a playroom and a full bath, on this floor. Second floor has all five bedrooms and two full baths.
    Exterior and first floor pics:

Some exterior shots and some of the back patio:

1_zpsssfnbmvn.png

2_zps2ytstoob.png

8_zpsnqd3mk8m.png

7_zpsjc6b6d9t.png

6_zpsvo1smybm.png

backyard_zpsqtk4haju.png

patio_zpsp4fnhwhi.png

Stepping inside:

11_zpsj7xzvv17.png

13_zpsazmkbamh.png

30_zpsjh31z9fd.png

14_zpsyrgztx9l.png

15_zpsqgydwcon.png

03-05-16_1-02-52nbspPM_zpsbmvo1uon.png

More pics including all of the bedrooms and baths, can be found in the slideshow here

Really like that couch and seating arrangement/design choice!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful modern build Cath! I love the layout and the outside barbecue/ dining area. The kitchen inside looks great too. If I am not mistaken I have already added to my favourites. Going to check again. <3
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    A great modern build Cath, love to see pictures of your interiors they are always beautifully done. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Great to see you building a modern again! :smiley:

Modern Love is what I also love, lol! ;)
    I like your architecture, very complex! Love how you combined between rustic and earthy tones! The roofing looks very fabulous too! Your landscaping is very desert-pretty! Love the fountain out front, even at the back! Looking at the fountain jets on pool looks a perfect place to me, lol! ;) Very nice desert plants you used! And your interior, so sleek! Love how you stuck with black & white color scheme! The flooring looks very creative too, and as always, very creative MOOing!
    Again, I love it too! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16