Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Question

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    She might be found in household management under the homeless townies.

... unless she's like Mimsy and Bernard in Get Together. They don't show there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    She is also named Jasmine Holiday in the German version of the blog.
    She will likely be Jasmine Holiday in any of the blogs, no matter what language that the blog is in. Since that is the name of the sim.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

I was wondering if she will be like them. I've friended them in one game I play but never tried to get romantic or move them in. Does anyone know what happens if you try that with those ghosts?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    tuyXOmh.gif#
    Im sorry i had too
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I was wondering if she will be like them. I've friended them in one game I play but never tried to get romantic or move them in. Does anyone know what happens if you try that with those ghosts?

I had them break up with each other

I tried to move Mimsy in with mine and they duplicated at one point so that I ended up with two sets of them both. Not sure what the current status is though as I haven't played the lot for a while. The duplicates might have been culled.
    Post edited by crinrict on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I tried and they duplicated at one point so that I ended up with to sets of them both.

I had them break up with each other

Thanks for the answer there maybe that's what will happen with this NPC.. I know with the Hermit they just replace them with another. I just wondered what happened with "named" NPC's.

My concern for this patch is that I'm able to grow the fruit you get after obtaining it all through the year. I don't care if it's linked to only getting it that way.. we can put it on community lots or put it in the gallery. I just want the fruit to be content I can use later.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    @SimGuruDrake are you going to clarify or what?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    She will probably be culled in my game before I decide to buy any which won't be long two or three Sim days.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    She will probably be culled in my game before I decide to buy any which won't be long two or three Sim days.

Special Sims (eg. Hermit, Ranger, Mailman etc). are exempt from culling.
    The only ones that will get culled are unhoused townies.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I beg to differ, I haven't had the same mailman etc. ever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I have. You just can't move house or it will spawn another one. Also if you hire a maid or gardener, you will get the same one until they age up and die. I've seen a few other players report Maids etc aging up and then continuing to work. There was also a bug where Sims would stop getting Maids if they died of old age. And you couldn't rehire unless you moved (fixed just after launch).
  • Options

I have. You just can't move house or it will spawn another one. Also if you hire a maid or gardener, you will get the same one until they age up and die. I've seen a few other players report Maids etc aging up and then continuing to work. There was also a bug where Sims would stop getting Maids if they died of old age. And you couldn't rehire unless you moved (fixed just after launch).

That is the point isn't it to my own statement? Why does the game need to spawn a new mailman or woman if I rotate? It's one town. I assume they are culled since if I go back to the other house viola another new mailman. (If I'm ever able to see one at the mailbox...a week in the life of a Sim is a very long time and culling likes to occur by then.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Maybe it is like in real life where if you move to a different part of the neighborhood you get a different service person servicing that route.
  • Options

That is the point isn't it to my own statement? Why does the game need to spawn a new mailman or woman if I rotate? It's one town. I assume they are culled since if I go back to the other house viola another new mailman. (If I'm ever able to see one at the mailbox...a week in the life of a Sim is a very long time and culling likes to occur by then.

There's no real need to have the game keep the first mailman it spawns for you while you move around town. Just more bloat for the files to save random NPC's everytime you start a new game. The answer to your question is they don't get culled if you stay in the same house. The Hermit doesn't cull unless you move him out and the game replaces him. The maid will be the same unless you move house. The only Sims that get culled are Homeless Sims, or dead Sims. Other Sims such as spawned NPC's and House Sims will not be culled. However, in certain cases, your NPCs like Maids, Gardeners and Mailmen will be deleted.

The game doesn't just cull whatever it feels like. I mean, The Sims 3 had a culling system as well. It was just the Sims 4's was buggy so it was more noticeable. With the Sims 1 and Sims 2 it was easier because each lot was it's own saved state within the save.
    But with Sims 3 and 4, the whole game is a saved game, so removing bloat is the top priority in order to keep loading screens down.
    Which is why Townies and even sometimes house Sims would be deleted in The Sims 3. The game would "move them away" if you had Story Progression on, or just delete Sims with the least amount of relationships at random if you have it off (which is why people always complained of babies/toddlers vanishing).
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    [Deleted], posted in wrong thread by mistake too many windows. ;)
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Good evening :) I'm heading off for vacation but wanted to pop in here to answer quickly:

Jasmine Holiday has a special blazer on that has a logo on the back (she is the Challenge Coordinator so she deserves something a little special :) ). In regards to whether or not you can romance her: You cannot. She will also be departing when the challenge period has ended.

Any additional questions should be answered by the patch notes coming out on Tuesday, which will be posted by SimGuruPanda while I am away.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Simming!
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Good evening :) I'm heading off for vacation but wanted to pop in here to answer quickly:

Jasmine Holiday has a special blazer on that has a logo on the back (she is the Challenge Coordinator so she deserves something a little special :) ). In regards to whether or not you can romance her: You cannot. She will also be departing when the challenge period has ended.

Any additional questions should be answered by the patch notes coming out on Tuesday, which will be posted by SimGuruPanda while I am away.

Have a very good vacation @SimGuruDrake :) I hope you have fun.

We'll miss you <3

Matthew.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Is access to the reward items locked to the saved game or specific Sim, or will it be available to any of my Sims in other games?
  • Options

Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful vacation! :)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

Enjoy your vacation
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial