Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch next week! Growfruits and egg hunting!

Comments

• Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I am feeling rather frustrated with these timed challenges. I was super busy with work during the "trick or treat" and now I'm very busy with other life stuff. Sometimes I just don't have time to play, and I wish I could check out these features on my time table, not feel like I have to carve out time that isn't there or miss the opportunity. The motto is, "you rule," right?

Seasonal stuff is fun, but can we please have it left available for those of us who play "Christmas in July" or "Trick or treat in January" because of real life restrictions, @SimGuruDrake?

Agreed, so much! I play my sims world on a calendar that has no relation to RL time, so I'd love to have egg hunting or trick or treat available for my sims when it's time for it in THEIR world, not ours.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    As an aside, I wonder if the NPC (Jasmine Holiday) is any relation of Summer Holiday...

Funny thing... My name is Summer and my sister is named Jasmin...
    Jasmine Holiday?! I have seen Summer Holiday in my game before, she's a townie from WC. But I don't remember ever seeing an NPC sim named Jasmine Holiday in my game before.

I think she is a new NPC that comes in the patch.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    As an aside, I wonder if the NPC (Jasmine Holiday) is any relation of Summer Holiday...

I wonder if they even thought of connecting Summer (in game) to this new Jasmin, and made them sisters? That would offer some depth.

Oh come on.....depth? The townies don't even have stories any more.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Jasmine Holiday?! I have seen Summer Holiday in my game before, she's a townie from WC. But I don't remember ever seeing an NPC sim named Jasmine Holiday in my game before.

From today's blog

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/spring-challenge

"You might notice a new Sim in The Sims 4 named Jasmine Holiday. She’s not some random townie – she’s carrying Growfruit seeds, and if your Sim talks to her, she’ll hand one over.

After you get a Growfruit, you’ll need to have your Sim use their green thumb to plant it to make a Growfruit tree. This tree will – you guessed it – grow more Growfruit. Once you get 20, bring them back to Jasmine Holiday to unlock a reward: a new planter. If you’re able to grow a perfect Growfruit, then she’ll unlock an even cooler, bedazzled planter for you. Not bad, right?"
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I wonder if they even thought of connecting Summer (in game) to this new Jasmin, and made them sisters? That would offer some depth.

Oh come on.....depth? The townies don't even have stories any more.

I said 'some' ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I wonder if 'green thumb' is a new trait? lol Or is it already in game my Sims don't do much gardening anymore since the Lice Freezers won't keep my veggies intact when placing those retail lots in library or to another lot or town.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

If she does come in the next patch, then that would be a good explanation as to why that I have never seen her in my game before. :)
    If she is related to the Summer Holiday sim. I wonder if she'll be moving in with Summer, and her two roommates then.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016

That's pretty wild as coincidences go!

That would be pretty cool if they did. Especially if it could happen in an existing save (which I doubt, but it would be cool!).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    even patches are getting delayed... great

The patch is due this month. If we get to the end of March 31st without one, it's delayed.

still... 3 weeks of march is too much. Cause then obviously will have to wait like three weeks for the next patch so they can fix all the bugs they introduced with the previous one.

This is getting ridiculous

The Feb. 4 patch fixed a lot of bugs (there was much hi-fiving among the Bug forum crew over it) and introduced no new ones that I know of, though there were still some outstanding after it. It's been remarkably quiet in the Bugs forum. Obviously, there are lots of outstanding change-this-feature requests, but those aren't bugs.

Um there are huge bugs that been in the game since day one... so yeah.

Is there a rule we get a patch every month? I haven't seen or heard we will always get a bug fix patch every month. What I have read is we would get 'new ways to play' every month and a few times that hasn't been true.

Also true. Thank you for reminding me.

But you said specifically that the new patches introduce new bugs while the last patch introduced no new bugs. It doesn't always happen.

You just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining in that regard. The only new bug we've got in a patch for a while was the spicy food bug. The bugs section seems to be only reporting bugs that are older, albeit more specific to certain users.
  • Options

That's pretty wild as coincidences go!

That would be pretty cool if they did. Especially if it could happen in an existing save (which I doubt, but it would be cool!).

haha, yeah. I would have called her Winter or Spring Holiday..instead of Jasmin, though since Summer Holiday is such a pun.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just saw this on twitter, stay tuned for a patch next week* :smile:
    Cdw1MnWUEAAV5Gc.jpg

I just read the description of the event/challenge and I have to say, this is so lame. Collect Growfruit from the randomest NPC to get a planter? So lame....I just can't... Guess I'll just stick with TS2.

The only cool thing about this is the actual harvestable the Growfruit, but sadly they will probably take it out of the game after the update...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The patch is due this month. If we get to the end of March 31st without one, it's delayed.

still... 3 weeks of march is too much. Cause then obviously will have to wait like three weeks for the next patch so they can fix all the bugs they introduced with the previous one.

The Feb. 4 patch fixed a lot of bugs (there was much hi-fiving among the Bug forum crew over it) and introduced no new ones that I know of, though there were still some outstanding after it. It's been remarkably quiet in the Bugs forum. Obviously, there are lots of outstanding change-this-feature requests, but those aren't bugs.

Is there a rule we get a patch every month? I haven't seen or heard we will always get a bug fix patch every month. What I have read is we would get 'new ways to play' every month and a few times that hasn't been true.

But you said specifically that the new patches introduce new bugs while the last patch introduced no new bugs. It doesn't always happen.

You just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining in that regard. The only new bug we've got in a patch for a while was the spicy food bug. The bugs section seems to be only reporting bugs that are older, albeit more specific to certain users.

I don't know about that I had a few things happen that might have been caused by the patch causing some crazy jumbling of things. You never know. Or maybe it was GT that caused those things and they will have to patch it, too. So more patches to fix things gone wrong months ago or to fix things GT caused or any other patch caused. It's an endless cycle.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Tbh though, this feels like a "Gamepack is not ready we need a placeholder!!!!!!" Rather than intended to be the actual new way to play.

Still I'll set myself a challenge.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016

If she does come in the next patch, then that would be a good explanation as to why that I have never seen her in my game before. :)
    If she is related to the Summer Holiday sim. I wonder if she'll be moving in with Summer, and her two roommates then.

It's just a random NPC, like a cheap knock off of Summer Holiday who's purpose is solely the event, she'll get kicked out of the game after the event is over.

I wish they would make a plant sim for this challenge or something like that but I guess even if it was just a costume, it would be too expensive...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I almost always have to start a new game after a patch. If I don't brand new irritations are there. It was only after the last patch that my Sim's relationship panels are wiped clean when I opened my game.....as in today he had friends and relationships...I closed the game and voila! The next time I opened it the panel was blank.

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I wonder if 'green thumb' is a new trait? lol Or is it already in game my Sims don't do much gardening anymore since the Lice Freezers won't keep my veggies intact when placing those retail lots in library or to another lot or town.

I think there's already a Super Green Thumb reward trait.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Maybe if we feed the growthfruit to our babies, they will turn into toddlers. That would be an epic surprise. Lol.

Unless we get plant sim babies/toddlers :wink:

• Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    Tbh though, this feels like a "Gamepack is not ready we need a placeholder!!!!!!" Rather than intended to be the actual new way to play.

Still I'll set myself a challenge.

WWyA1.gif

This was something that was always planned to happen, the gardening portion of the challenge is a new addition. We are actually looking at expanding the way we do challenges, this is just the start :)

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

I actually loved the suggestions but Scott had other things in mind lol.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I wonder if we can "kidnap" her and make her part of a household? I also hope that the items we get (and don't get) in these challenges will be found in debug when the challenges are over! I will always be #TeamAllTheThings
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Yeah, I wonder if they are going to bring plant sims back.

With the way gardening is in this game, I'd hope so.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    While whats been announced doesn't appeal to me in the least I am glad that it is exciting for some.

I am most hopeful bugs like the putting stuff away bug gets fixed. That would make this patch useful to me.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I like it and whatever they're working hard as plum on I appreciate the hard work that they're putting in.

Can't wait for the great gameplay to come :bawling:
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm actually really looking forward to this. I love a little challenge :blush:
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    No one is ever going to be happy!
    Aussie_Simmer