March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cheat console won't open?

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    im pressing COMMAND+SHIFT+C but not working :/ maybe from the window ?

No, it is CONTROL not command. It is the key directly under the Shift key.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I really, really don't understand why people use the Command key when it is, and always has been, the CTRL key. Yes, we substitute the CMD key for the CTRL key normally in OS X, but this thread is full of instructions stating it is the CTRL key so why use the CMD key?

I'm really, really confused as to why people are completely ignoring this very simple fact stated several times already.
    apple-signature.png
  • shepardintheimpalashepardintheimpala Posts: 1 New Member
    I have Sims 4 through Origin and I disabled Origin In Game and now it works. I don't know if that will help anyone else, but maybe it will.
  • OWEEVANSOWEEVANS Posts: 9 New Member
    OMG HOW DID YYOU DO YPO DISABLE ORIGIN
    OMG HOW DID YOU DO YOU DISABLE ORIGIN
    > @shepardintheimpala said:
    > I have Sims 4 through Origin and I disabled Origin In Game and now it works. I don't know if that will help anyone else, but maybe it will.
    OMG HOW DID YOU DO YOU DISABLE ORIGIN
    Start up your game. Open the Options Menu and disable Online notifications and anything that seems to have to do with that.
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Start up your game. Open the Options Menu and disable Online notifications and anything that seems to have to do with that.
    how can i find disable online notifications
    OWEEVANS wrote: »
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Start up your game. Open the Options Menu and disable Online notifications and anything that seems to have to do with that.
    how can i find disable online notifications

Sometimes the only way to learn in life is to do things for yourself rather than expect people to spoonfeed you all the time, no matter how old you are.

Tremayne has already told you to open the Options menu, did you do that and have a look for the Online Notifications setting (Hint: you may need to click on the tabs on the left hand side of the menu until you find it)? You also need to hover your cursor over the game in your games library in Origin, press i, then Game Properties and check the box next to Disable Origin in Game for this game.

apple-signature.png
  • Sweetpuppy505Sweetpuppy505 Posts: 1 New Member
    Im having the same problem! It was working fine earlier, but now it doesn't. Maybe you need to be connected to a good internet source.
    Disabling Origin always help your game performance. And cuts down on all those notifications that can clog up your saves.
  • MacyMacy Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem, I have tried control shift c, but it isn't working
  • JilJil Posts: 1 New Member
    Uhm. That's normal, uninstall Sims 4 and install it again
  • BrittanyBrittany Posts: 58 New Member
    Please Help Me. I have a Lenovo laptop that I got for Christmas in 2014 & I've been playing The Sims 3 & The Sims 4 since then. The cheat bar is not opening for me on both The Sims 3 & The Sims 4 anymore & I tried everything! I tried finding EA's phone number but I can't find it at all. Plus, I tried figuring the problem I'm having on my own but I'm so stressed out because of this problem. Please Help Me! It would mean a lot to me if you did try to help me solve my problem.
    Brittany wrote: »
    Please Help Me. I have a Lenovo laptop that I got for Christmas in 2014 & I've been playing The Sims 3 & The Sims 4 since then. The cheat bar is not opening for me on both The Sims 3 & The Sims 4 anymore & I tried everything! I tried finding EA's phone number but I can't find it at all. Plus, I tried figuring the problem I'm having on my own but I'm so stressed out because of this problem. Please Help Me! It would mean a lot to me if you did try to help me solve my problem.

This is the Mac forum. You'd be better off posting in the technical forum.
    apple-signature.png
  • pegasusuni990pegasusuni990 Posts: 13 New Member
    I have been playing the Sims 4 all yesterday and cheats worked just fine, until I left to go to dinner and left the program running. When I came back,( I paused the game before I left), I tried to Ctrl+Shift+C and the line didn't pop up. I did them all at the same time.The cheats had been working perfectly until I left for dinner. Please help. :/
    I have been playing the Sims 4 all yesterday and cheats worked just fine, until I left to go to dinner and left the program running. When I came back,( I paused the game before I left), I tried to Ctrl+Shift+C and the line didn't pop up. I did them all at the same time.The cheats had been working perfectly until I left for dinner. Please help. :/

Have you restarted your game or attempted to repair it through Origin?

apple-signature.png
    @pegasusuni990 Also, was the game the active window on your Mac (ie - did it say The Sims 4 in the top left corner next to the Apple logo?) or had you (or someone else) clicked on the desktop so Finder was active, or some other program was active and you didn't realise?
    apple-signature.png
  • XpDietoXpDieto Posts: 1 New Member
    It's shift+ctrl+c in that order also for mac
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I would like to add something, if you're using multiple keyboard language, it's best to switch it into Latin-based language. Chinese (traditional or simplified), Japanese, and Korean (don't know about others) input may not work for cheat command.
    For those having this problem, it may be the language input.
    Hope this helps!
  • Brookeloveheart007Brookeloveheart007 Posts: 3 New Member
    Same thing, just not with mac. I'm using pc. Its not working. It was probably fixed in the update...
  • Livi_33Livi_33 Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing happened to me. I had to quit the Sims 4 then reopen it and it worked just fine. :)
  • vixeniusvixenius Posts: 1 New Member
    Press and hold ctrl+shift on both left and right side of the keyboard, release both keys on one side and press c, if it doesn't work, just switch sides.
    You only need hold Control (either side not both) + Shift (either side not both) and then the "C" key at the same time. That is what opens the cheat window.
  • caitlin__sims__1212caitlin__sims__1212 Posts: 1 New Member
    This happened to me but all I had to do was restart orgin and sims 4 and I was able to pull up the cheat menu. I have no idea what caused this malfunction?!