Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1

DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
I loved sims 1. I have all my S1 games but my new computer won't let me play, no matter what work around I try. I would love it if they released S1 in a package like S2, but that doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. So, if they remade S1 in S4, I think it would be great. S1 was fun, quirky and a little weird. All the EPs were great from vacations to superstar to hot date to makin' magic. Imagine if they remade S1 using S4 tech how cool it could be. S1 had all the fun I miss in S4.

Comments

• Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    Yeeeeess!

I enjoyed playing TS1 so much, if Origins was able to create it as an automatic download I'd buy it. Superstar, Vacation and pets had to be my all time fav!! Its a bummer you cant play it on your computer
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I still have all mine too , and would love to play again... Then again maybe it's best for it to be just a beautiful memory.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I sold all my sims 1 disks to buy sims 2 when it came out :cry:
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I just got the sims complete collection, and I never played before, so I am at a loss of what all there is to do, so far i've played around with magic and am having a blast!
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 921 Member
    I miss being able to play my original Sims game. Makin Magic is still my favorite! LOL Sadly, when I replaced my hard drive a year or so ago, and then upgraded to Windows 10, I can install Sims and all it's expansions, and it will not play. :( I hope, if they get around to re-releasing it in Origin for those of us that own the whole game, it will actually run on my computer! So far, all the other old games do.

I usually create a single Sim, decide right off the bat if he/she is going to be magic or not, then have them go from being broke, to being filthy rich without using money cheats. Since these Sims don't grow old an die, I often have them go through all kinds of different careers, including all the performing ones. They go on Vacations a LOT, and they spend a lot of time perfecting all magic skills and have a fantastic garden and make all their own food. They usually paint a lot, and if I feel like adding more, I find, or create, a partner for my Sim. They get married sooner or later and the kids come along. . . I really do miss the game! My favorite Sim in Sims 1 was Hilda-Marie Johansen, a magic Sim that had come to this new town to find acceptance. She usually ends up getting fined regularly for doing magic in front of non-magic Sims. LOL
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @hummingbird41556
    There is a thread to help resolve issues with running The Sims on Windows 7 or 10 - maybe that would help?
    One of my favourite memories about careers on The Sims is just when you have achieved the top or one of the top career levels of any given career - chaos ensues and your Sim not only changes career but is demoted to a much lower level! :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @hummingbird41556
    There is a thread to help resolve issues with running The Sims on Windows 7 or 10 - maybe that would help?
    One of my favourite memories about careers on The Sims is just when you have achieved the top or one of the top career levels of any given career - chaos ensues and your Sim not only changes career but is demoted to a much lower level! :)

Can you provide a link to it or tell me where it is located?
  • ConnieLouConnieLou Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone yet know how to get The Sims 1 to run on windows 10?...Very frustrating as it has installed after alot of trouble and now wont play after clicking play and screen size, any ideas at all?!:(
  • ameliaworotikanameliaworotikan Posts: 1 New Member
    hello. i'm a new member
    i love so much TS1 but my TS1 it doesn't work :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I've just managed to get "The Sims" to work on my Windows 10 laptop. Installing the Complete Collection didn't work but I found something on the web that helped me - after putting a sentence query on the Bing bar -but now cannot find the page again. Sorry. The Sims can work within Windows 10 environment and I found page load times very quick. (so far).

I did need my Makin Magic and House Party separate disks (as I had bought them as they came out) so my method wouldn't work for others. I did have to play in Windows 7 Compatability mode and as Administrator too.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I only ever played Sims 1 console. Hubby says he doesn't think I'd like the PC version because I'm so used to 2&3. I don't really like 4 all that much.
    Anyone have experience of playing Sims 1 for the first time after 2&3?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited July 2016
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I only ever played Sims 1 console. Hubby says he doesn't think I'd like the PC version because I'm so used to 2&3. I don't really like 4 all that much.
    Anyone have experience of playing Sims 1 for the first time after 2&3?

I played TS1 before Sims 2 or Sims 3, but I can tell you now some things Sims 1 has in common with 4: Object babies, no open world, no color wheel, no toddlers, no drivable cars (unless you find the rare custom content hacked object), and no weather. However, Sims 1 also has no aging ever, (except it is possible with Makin Magic to age a child into an adult with magic) no teenage life stage, no young adult life stage, but it does have probably the best fame expansion pack yet (Superstar), magic crafting, pets (not controllable by the player though and no horses), nectar making(including a secret recipe with...interesting side effects), beach volleyball with Vacation, cake dancers, a ridable "bull" (Hot Date), an evil genie (Livin Large), burglars (with scary music), the repo man, repairman and gardener NPCs (Livin Large), a chemistry set usable by adult Sims (Livin Large), Mrs Crumplebottom NPC (Hot Date), and party crashers and the mime (House Party), and a large train set, and buildable roller coasters and minigolf (Makin Magic). Sims 1 is also "darker" and harder to play than Sims 4: Sims 1 sims allowed to use a stove with under 3 cooking skill WILL burn down the kitchen. Extinguish is also usually not too effective in Sims 1, so be sure to install a smoke detector in every kitchen. Sims 1 burglars will usually go for electronics first, but they have been known to steal refrigerators on rare occasions. Even if caught, the object they stole will still need to be replaced in buy mode. There are no aspirations or wants in Sims 1: the aspirations in Sims 2, I think, came from different ways players had played Sims 1.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @Mchap353 The reason why Windows 10 doesn't run The Sims is due to the game using SafeDisc. Windows 10 doesn't support games that use SafeDisc so that means games that use SafeDisc such as The Sims, SimCity 4, and Syberia will not work. Windows Vista-8.1 also have the same issue with this update where the game also won't run.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    @WinMacSims3 It did work for some time but then went haywire. When it did run, it ran beautifully. The Collected edition was useless. I had to use the separate disks of my original games from the early 2000s. I managed to get my Sim's house built and go to Magic town and home again before the neighbourhood disappeared.

I remember using the "no CD" method of playing The Sims on older computers with no problem with Safedisk? or whatever Maxis used. I have a hazy memory of using "Virtual drives" and "Show hidden folders" and then copying the disks to my Hard drive then. Music had to be copied over etc. So long ago I have forgotten. The main thing was that Maxis "hid" stuff on the disks and they were not copied over so you had to include them.

BTW I often play Sims 4 Rush Hour on Windows 10. It is a download on Origin. (Though I have the original disks). I do cheat like mad with it though. I downloaded a Park lot years ago which adds millions to the city's exchequer when placed!
  • SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    I've been able to run The Sims 1 both on Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1 (and previously on Windows Vista too). I have the original games on CD, not the Origin version. I could post a tutorial if you'd like me to and see if you can run this game :)
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Love the sims one. Ended up playing it last night for 3.5 hours!
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I loved the Sims Fuelling each other in making magic. And the vacation was great as the mascots were very lively.
    edited November 2016
    I've been able to run The Sims 1 both on Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1 (and previously on Windows Vista too). I have the original games on CD, not the Origin version. I could post a tutorial if you'd like me to and see if you can run this game :)

@SoniaSimmer I've got both full sets of Sims1, getting them one by one when they first came out and the full 4 CD set later.

Any information would be thankfully received for either version.
  • ClosetPrince2015ClosetPrince2015 Posts: 210 Member
    I no longer have it :(
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I LOVED Sims 1, still have the original CDs, and I still enjoy playing it a lot (and sometimes enjoy it a lot more than Sims 3 and 4, too). It was a bit difficult to play with the fast-draining needs, but I still had a lot fun with it, even with closed lots.

I would love it if there was an Origin Collection version for this one like the kind we got for Sims 2 (S2 Ultimate Collection) one day...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I so want TS, TS2, TS3, TS4, and The Sims on console - smooshed up and made into one Awesome Game.
  • SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

@SoniaSimmer I've got both full sets of Sims1, getting them one by one when they first came out and the full 4 CD set later.

Any information would be thankfully received for either version.

I've just seen your post asking for advice on installing The Sims 1; I'm sorry I haven't replied earlier.
    Since I posted the steps I followed in another post, I'll quote myself just below, okay?
    1) I installed it in C:\Maxis\The Sims (this is very important, since I couldn't make it work if I installed it in C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims.
    And by that I mean that I installed not only the base game, but also every single expansion.

2) Once the installation (of the base game) is finished, you have to create a shortcut of the Sims.exe file, which you'll find in the C:\Maxis\Los Sims folder (it's the typical blue icon).

3) Right click on that shortcut and:
    -Click on run as administrator
    -Click on run this program compatibility mode for Service Pack 3 (some people say they run it selecting the Service Pack 2 option, but in my case that didn't work. You can try both and see which one is the most appropriate for you.

That's it. If you install every expansion in that installation rute and follow every step above, you should be able to play The Sims 1.

I hope you find this tutorial helpful, @Mchap353 :)
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

Thank you @SoniaSimmer. I'll try that.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    It would be cool if the future TS4 eps were like TS1 EPs!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!