Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Great to see a new update! The Horrid's are coping fairly well after the devastating passing of their beloved dad. I wonder where this will lead now none of the males seem to have an interest in being the heir.
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I am sure Harry will be a great heir and he'll find his own way how to deal with all traditions and duties... ;) I can see he has Rose's support and his younger brothers like him in my opinion, so everything should be good ;) Thanks for the update, @pammiechick, I missed this story <3
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I love Harry Jr, his looks, his way. He's a likeable character for sure! I loved the things his little brothers said, both so childish, yet so mature. Can't wait for the next episode! <3
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    The Horrids are back, yay! I missed them so much. Looking forward to reading more about these trolls and their town and traditions.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Great chapter, his siblings are reacting rather well to him, I just have a suspicion, we'll see.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2016
    Chapter 2.3

It was Harry Horrid Jr.’s first day at Twisted Troll High. Rose gave him a hug and said, “You’ll do fine. I would go with you to your class, Harry, but I have to tutor the younger students this morning. I’ll see you around the halls, okay?”

Smiling, Harry nodded. He tried to squelch the butterflies in his stomach. Everything was so strange. All the kids were trolls and he felt like his white gnome skin stuck out. Would the kids make fun of him? He decided not to worry and be himself. Fixing a smile on his face, he breathed in the cool crisp air before turning to enter the school.

Screenshot_1225.jpg

In his computer class, he clicked away at the assignment, but grew bored very quickly. He knew all the answers and finished way too early. Leaning over to his neighbor, he noticed the boy having trouble with one of the questions. “The answer is Yates Bloodcurdle. He’s the founder of Midnight Moor.”

Not taking his eyes off the screen, the teen asked, “And how does a gnome know troll history?”

Screenshot_1226.jpg

“Oy, well, I am only part gnome. Me da is...er...was a troll. And besides, I’m verra good at history. I’ve studied not only gnomish history but elvin, fairy, werewolf, vampire, as well as troll.”

Glancing up, the troll asked, “And your father is?”

Screenshot_1228.jpg

“Harry Horrid? Of the Mansion on Horrid Hill.”

Screenshot_1229.jpg

His eyes popped. “You mean to tell me your father was one of the gentry? Blimey! So that means you’re...”

Screenshot_1231.jpg

“The heir? Aye that. At least fer now. I dinna wish to be the heir though. Most like I’ll give it to one of me brothers if I can talk them into it.”

“Oh, no, mate. You can’t do that! Think of all the money you’re saying no to! And all the women!” He put out a hand and said, “Name’s Henry Venom. Now I’m no gentleman like you. I’ll have to work for a living, but I’d be happy to show you about. I’m having a party this weekend and would love for you to come. That is if you’ll condescend to hang out with lower class folks like me.”

Screenshot_1232.jpg

“Oy, that sounds like fun, Henry. My name is Harry Horrid, Jr. Looking forward to it.”

Screenshot_1233.jpg

The following day, Harry was bored yet again in study hall. Seated at the same computer as his computer class, he noticed a pretty troll watching a werewolf video, smiling. “Is that the one where Von Morph eats the whole village or when Grim Eleazar unleashes his dogs?”

Screenshot_1240.jpg

“Aren’t we supposed to be studying...gnome?” the boy next to her asked, arching one of his eyebrows. He wasn’t very friendly, but Harry decided to ignore it. He figured he’d have a little trouble getting accepted by trolls.

Screenshot_1242.jpg

“Don’t mind Dorkie. He’s a bit uptight,” the girl muttered under her breath so the other boy couldn’t hear. “It was Grim, by the way. Wasn’t that a riot? How long have you lived here? I’ve never seen you around.”

Screenshot_1238.jpg

“I just moved here a few days ago. Me da passed away and I’m to inherit his estate. Me name is Harry Horrid Jr. And yours is?”

Smiling, she said, “Canary Cason. Nice to meet you, Harry. I’ve heard of your family but I never knew Lord Horrid had a son my age. Usually, children of the gentry go to the private school—Night Shade Academy. I wonder why you’re here at the public school?”

“Oy, well, me da was never one to put on heirs...or so I’m told. Me sister goes here, so naturally...”

“Yes, but you’re the heir to the huge estate. It doesn’t seem fitting. I’m afraid once the girls hear of your inheritance, you might have a hard time of it. They will be on you like maggots in a bowl full of old wet dog food.”

Sticking a finger in the air, Harry exclaimed, “Och then let them come. Far be it from me to deny any lassies if they are as bonny as ye are.”

Screenshot_1243.jpg

Canary laughed, blushing and shaking her head. “Believe me, your family would never allow anyone of my station to even be friends with you, Harry, but thanks for the sweet words.”

Screenshot_1244.jpg

“Are you two going to blather on all day and ruin a perfectly boring morning?” Dorkie rolled his eyes. “My name is Dorkie DeLuca, Horrid. You met my best friend, Henry yesterday. Seems I’ll be seeing you at the party, right, old chap?”

Screenshot_1239.jpg

Relieved, Harry smiled wide. “Aye that, and glad to make yer acquaintance, DeLuca. You’ll have to show me where Henry lives. Seems I forgot to ask him.”

Suddenly, the bell rang and Dorkie stopped Harry at the door. “See here, Horrid. Henry only lives up the road on Poorman’s Grave. It has three large pillars with a few ghosts floating about and quite a nice moat in the front. I will have to warn you, though. His house will not be as large as yours, but it’s serviceable.”
    Harry laughed. “Oh well, DeLuca, I was raised by me humble gnome grandfather. I dinna care for spacious places. In fact, me mansion is way too big fer me tastes. I am looking forward to meeting more people.”

“Capital, mate! See you then.” Dorkie waved with a nice smile and headed out the door.

Screenshot_1249.jpg

Harry’s last class of the day was Herbology. His assignment was to feed all the plants. Harry wondered why the paper said feed and not water.

Screenshot_1246.jpg

He decided to water them anyway and then he noticed some unusual glowing plants. Placing the fruit in his pockets, he thought he might plant them at home. The glow would really look great in his family’s conservatory.

Screenshot_1247.jpg

And then his stomach jolted. He understood why the paper said FEED.

There in the other doorway was a massive plant with a huge cow head, licking its lips. Taking some meat from the canister nearby, Harry gingerly crept over to the plant, but it growled, shaking its head. Next, the paper instructed Harry to milk the plant if it would not feed. After Harry milked it, he nearly fell over an urn right by the plant’s mouth.

Screenshot_1248.jpg

Gooseflesh sprang up over Harry’s arms. He decided to stay clear of that plant from then on.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I love that first shot of DeLuca! His face is priceless. :D
  • Options
    I love that first shot of DeLuca! His face is priceless. :D

Perfect troll snobbery. Dorkie DeLuca is the best!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    So Harry Horrid Jr.'s life starts :) I am glad he gets new friends and feels good here... I remember his father had totally different experience, his life was so tragic and unhappy, but finally his son is lucky one <3
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    He is so popular already! I am excited about the possibilities in his future. He is also just like his Da. A McFlirty pants! LOL I love these updates
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    It seems Harry is making some friends. This will help him to adjust to the troll world, I hope!
  • Options
    He looks great! Hope his luck settling in lasts....
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    He is so popular already! I am excited about the possibilities in his future. He is also just like his Da. A McFlirty pants! LOL I love these updates

He is actually way smoother than his father because he has the confidence that Harry Sr. never really had. You'll see in the upcoming episodes! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Tunny1200Tunny1200 Posts: 18 Member
    Just found your story and read it straight through. Love it and can't wait for more
  • Options
    Tunny1200 wrote: »
    Just found your story and read it straight through. Love it and can't wait for more

Awesome! Welcome to Harry Horrid's world! Thank you for reading!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Harry Jr. is so adorable! and I loved seeing him in his first day at school! Of course everyone is going to be falling all over him when they realize who he is. Too bad they can't just love him for the fact that he's just a sweetie (although it seems like the girls kind of can), but at least people seem to like him for the most part, and that's a nice thing! <3
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Dorkie looks like an embodiment of snobbishness. I like him already. :smiley:
    Nice to see Harry Jr. making friends among the lower class.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Harry's great, he seems very sweet and a little flirty. I'm sure he won't have a hard time breeding heirs!
  • Options
    It's really nice to see more of Harry Jr. So that we'll really get to know him :blush:
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Awwwww Harry Jr is adorkable! ii love how huble he is about the whole masion thing.
  • Options
    Awwwww Harry Jr is adorkable! ii love how huble he is about the whole masion thing.

Adorkable! What a great word for him!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Adorkable! What a great word for him!!

Adorkable indeed ;D
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    Chapter 2.4

That night, Harry found Henry Venom’s home. It looked about the size of his grandfather’s old house—nothing large, but not small either. The grounds were full of weeds and broken statues. Not like the grand gardens of his mansion. But Harry didn’t care about things like that. After all, he wasn’t raised with money.

Walking up to his friend, Harry greeted him. “Oy, Henry. So glad to see you. Am I too early?”

Screenshot_1250.jpg

“No, mate. The gang is all here. Come and I’ll introduce you to everyone.”

As they walked in, Harry noticed the décor was all in blacks and purple and ghosts. The theme was like a spooky party back home. And while his own house was dark, it had an elegance that this house lacked.

Motioning to a bowl of candy, Henry announced, “There’s some snacks on the table. I’ve got to find the boys. Seems they’ve all disappeared.”

Screenshot_1253.jpg

Just then, a beautiful girl with blue skin and pink hair waved at them. “Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend, brother?”

Screenshot_1255.jpg

“Hmm...I hadn’t planned on it. Harry Horrid, this is my sister, Killer Venom.” He leaned in and whispered, “You better watch that one. She’ll have you wrapped around her finger with her hands in your pockets, emptying them.”

Screenshot_1258.jpg

“Nice to meet you Harry,” the girl went on. “My, your family is famous! I’ve never met anyone of the gentry class. And don’t listen to my brother. I’m as tame as a sweet bunny. Once you get to know me.” She winked.

Harry swallowed.

“More like sweet as a rat,” Henry interjected. “Now I’ve got to find Dorkie. I’ll see you later. Harry, mind the candy.”

Screenshot_1259.jpg

Harry decided minding the candy would be a good idea. He wasn’t sure what to make of Henry’s bold sister. So he shrugged and started to grab a handful, when the candy exploded making Harry jump.

Screenshot_1252.jpg

Picking pieces off the floor, Harry decided he should have heeded his friend’s instructions. Minding meant not touching.

As he rose to his feet, Killer patted the spot next to her on the couch. “Come here, dear boy and let me get to know you better.”

Grateful to get away from the possessed candy bowl, Harry obeyed. He sat down on the uncomfortable couch, springs squeaking.

She smiled. “I hear you’re new to Midnight Moor and were raised by gnomes. Is that correct?”

“Aye, lass. Me grandfather raised me, to be exact. Well, he adopted me Da when he was just a babe and well, sorta adopted me later. Me ma was a gnome.”

Screenshot_1265.jpg

Killer laughed. “You have such a charming way of speaking! I love Gnomelish. We don’t get to hear it much in our city. And so, you are the heir to the mansion on Horrid Hill. Is this correct?”

“Aye. Well, at least fer now. Me brothers are a wee bit too young to take over and seeing as me grandfather made a way...”

“Oh, that’s wonderful!” she interrupted, eyes wide. “And so, I know heirs are in need of many ladies. I happen to be the daughter of the maid of the maid to Barron Belle! That should count for something!”

Harry blushed. He wasn’t sure about his duties as heir except that he was to somehow collect five wives. And that wasn’t going to happen any time soon. “I...er...well..”

But as he was stumbling over his words, another gorgeous girl walked up to them. “Sister, leave the poor boy alone. Goodness! Where are your manners?”

Killer shrugged. “I’m just talking. There’s no harm in that is there? Who made you the conversation police?”

Screenshot_1272.jpg

She pursed her lips. “Mother needs you in the kitchen. Seems your bloody-finger cookies are burning.”

“My cookies! I forgot!” Killer jumped up and bolted away.

Harry was thankful to the girl for getting him out of that uncomfortable exchange. “And your name is?”

She arched an eyebrow. “Toxic. Toxic Venom.”

Screenshot_1271.jpg

Sitting at the far end of the couch, Toxic smiled hesitantly.

An uncomfortable silence ensued, so Harry raised his hands, looking around. “This is a nice house. You live here with Henry and Killer?”

She gave a small grin. “Um, yes, and with my other two sisters, Viva and Lethal, as well as another brother, Shocking, in addition to my mother and father. We only have two bedrooms, so quarters are a bit...tight.”

“Wow. That’s eight people. Must be like a barrel full of ale living here then with lots going on.”

Screenshot_1274.jpg

Raising the side of her mouth, she glanced at him. “More like a barrel full of drunken pirates. As soon as I turn young adult, I will be seeking employment elsewhere. I’m hoping to find a job as a maid at one of the manses nearby. Most have lovely bedrooms for servants. I’m sure your mansion has servant’s quarters.”

“I dinna know, lassie. I haven’t quite toured me whole place yet and I’m not exactly the laird of the house. I’m to inherit, but fer now, I’m just a kid. Ye kin?” Harry felt strange talking about himself like he was a rich blueblood around these people who seemed to live very well for themselves. He thought he’d have a hard time fitting in with his gnome heritage, but that didn’t seem to make a difference here. He never would have guessed he wouldn’t fit in because his family had a grand estate and he was the heir.

Just then Dorkie sauntered up to Toxic and motioned her away. “Be gone with you, woman creature. It is time for the men to talk.”

Toxic folded her arms, looking around. “I see no men here.” Then she rose to her feet. “But I will leave you to your boyish games. I don’t even want to hear what you are planning. I don’t like the smell of dungeons.” Then she put her nose in the air and slipped into the next room.

Harry smiled after her, noticing how petite she was and very pretty. He couldn’t believe how beautiful troll lassies were. He’d always heard they were uglier than the east end of a horse headed west. Well, that’s what his grandfather used to say. But he couldn’t be more wrong. And he liked Toxic’s spirit. She was funny and definitely nicer than her sister.

Taking a bite of food, Dorkie asked, “So what will it be for Harry, Henry? The Wicked Wishing Well, Blindman’s Bluff, or soap in the fountains at Seventh Sanctum Park?”

Bewildered, Harry laughed. “What are ye talking about, DeLuca?”

Screenshot_1276.jpg

Finishing his food, Henry explained, “Well, Harry, us boys have a club and there’s an initiation trial. You want to join us, don’t you, old chap?”

Screenshot_1277.jpg

Harry didn’t like the sound of that. Narrowing his eyes, Harry said, “Well, I dinna know if I’d want to join seeing as I dinna know what the club is about.”

Dorkie chuckled. “Told you he was too good to join us, Henry. Boy is from the upper crust. He’d never want to be seen out in public with the likes of us.”

Screenshot_1280.jpg

“Harry’s not like that, are you, Harry? It’s just me, DeLuca, Lemon Lang, Canary Cason’s brother—you met her, right? And a few others. We just have a bit of fun, hanging out is all. And we meet with other clubs sometimes, playing games, things like that. Nothing out of the ordinary. What say you, mate?”

Screenshot_1279.jpg

Swallowing and not sure since everything was going so fast for Harry, he heard himself say, “What do I have to do to join?”

Dorkie smirked. “Just do what Henry says. That’s all.”

Screenshot_1278.jpg

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    "Just do what Henry says" That is kind of like an absolutely don't do that! That sounds really dangerous and irresponsible!
    Toxic and Killer are beautiful! Love the blue skin with pink hair combo!