Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Mzloka84Mzloka84 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > So as an aside from the family play thread chat I wanted to offer people a place to suggest their ideas for a perfect scenarios for toddlers in TS4 in a bite size format as suggested by a couple of users in General Discussion. (Thank you @mskube and @Cinebar !)
    >
    > Everyone is welcome but please respect each other's ideas and boundaries. We all want the best from the sims for us and we all have different likes/dislikes. Use this as your ideas board for the developers to pop in and see at a glance what would make you happy for toddlers either in this version or in the future!
    >
    > I'll start with a few ideas-
    >
    > I would love to see the developers be able to use multitasking to make the 'job' of parenting much more efficient-giving sims the option to carry their little ones while watching TV, feeding, using the phone. To me this would really make the multitasking system 'shine' brighter than what we have seen up to now.
    >
    > I would like to see customisation for the little ones in a big way. It's a really fun stage in life to buy clothes, toys and costumes and I would like to see that sort of joy within the game.
    >
    > Also I would love to see the dynamics of the family change in reaction to the toddler age-the 'no' phase, the little tantrums and everything challenging that is a lot of fun!
    >
    > Links to ideas so far-
    > General themes-top of page 20-LINK HERE
    >
    >
    > Green bar edit by SimStaffBethelle:
    > Posted by SimGuruDrake
    > Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.
    >
    > Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.

hi there simmers i would love to pit my input about toddlers
    i love the idea of having toddlers in the game but it needs to be more life like
    daycare and maybe even let teens run it if can but you could be able to drop off your baby or toddler at the day care center
    if we ever get to have a open map carseats in the car would be so awesome to see in the game
    and learning tools for a toddler would be great to learn more social skills ,and a drawing table to learn creative thinking
    and on the tv there should be a toddler channel so that they can watch shows to learn like we have in real like PBS kids i know that there is a channel for kids but a channel for a toddlers is a great idea
    and a time out chair would be awesome not just for toddlers but for kids
    to be able to walk around with your child learn to walk and even make there own baby food that is awesome
    and toddlers should have emotions like a any human i feel that that toddlers should have emotions like ever human
    potty trainng is a must and a high chair
    over all there needs to be more interactive with toddlers love the toddlers they can earn aspiration points has well they are growing

:smile: )
  • Options
    Mzloka84Mzloka84 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @bythedreadwolf said:
    > It's actually great to see many people who have been registered in the forums for some time, but are now making their first post in this thread. I think there are a great deal of people out there who misses toddlers and want them back on their games, but don't necessarily voice their opinions, so it's really nice to see everyone coming together, giving ideas and suggestions. I just hope the gurus are still reading this thread and not only that, but taking notes as well. All of this will be meaningless if they don't actually implement some of these ideas once toddlers eventually come.

we could hope for the best outcome tho
    it would be nice to see toddlers
    and thats is the question when is actually going to be apart of the game
    hopefully soon tho
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @BooV7227 I think the best outcome would be more trait slots, although I'm not sure how difficult it would be to program them in at this stage.
  • Options
    QueenSimmer433QueenSimmer433 Posts: 13 New Member
    1. Being able to put toddlers in a swings that have different swing settings
    2. Being able to put them in high chairs and feed them in the high chair (toddler will mess up the high chair)
    3. Teaching them how to potty train (there will be different levels like level 1-10, but sometimes toddlers have accidents on floors )
    4. Make toddler food for toddlers
    5. Teach them how to walk (there are levels to them....level 1-10)
    6. Interact with other toddlers (have a toddler language)
    7. Changing toddlers diapers in a changing table (also should be available for babies too)
    8. Bath the toddlers in the tub
    9. Teaching toddlers how to talk ( have different levels like 1-10)
    10. TODDLER CLOTHES, HAIR, SHOES, AND ACCESSORIES
    11. Putting toddlers in strollers and be able to take a stroll with the toddler in the strollers
    12. Be able to hold them while standing up or sitting down (should be able to be available for babies)
    13. Parent and toddler interactions (like telling them jokes, tickle them, feeding them)
    14. Feeding toddlers on the floor
    15. Toddlers being able to draw
    16. Toddlers learning how to read, write, and draw (with levels)
    17. Toddlers making a mess on the floor
    18. Toddler tantrum
    19. Toddler cries
    20. Toddler learning how to crawl (with levels)
  • Options
    RachelMeganMeyerRachelMeganMeyer Posts: 8 New Member
    Okay I already posted to this discussion but I just thought of some more things to say!! If toddlers are introduced to the sims 4, I have a few ideas that could make them more relevant to previous packs. For outdoor retreat, I think toddlers should be able to sleep in tents with their families. This was one thing that really upset me about sims 3 toddlers. Camping with little ones was impossible unless you put a crib in the middle of the freaking wilderness :( it didn't feel right. For get together, I think there could maybe be an icon added to clubs so that toddlers would come to gatherings with the parent in the club. Like if you had a group of moms for example, you could say they liked reading, watching tv, being friendly with each other, and were set to bring their young children with them. I'm not sure if this could be done or if other people would want this, but I thought i'd mention it the idea! For get to work, there could maybe be a daycare career added, where you could go to work and take care of toddlers while their families are at school or work! Just some ideas :)
  • Options
    thesimsluver2236thesimsluver2236 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been compiling a list of things that I want for toddlers and some of this stuff is for babies and kids too:

-First of all, for any of this to work, the babies need to get out of those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bassinets!
    Let 'em crawl! Let sims carry them around, rock them in rocking chairs.
    -Baby hair and more outfits
    -Baby bouncy chair and that mat with the little dangling plumb-bobs and llamas from Sims 2
    -Bathing babies in sinks and toddlers in bathtubs
    -Bring back changing tables
    -High chairs for babies and toddlers
    -Toddlers can play in toilets, eat pet food, and sleep in pet beds (once pets is a thing)
    -The kids activity table from Sims 2 with the blocks and coloring.
    -Toddler playpen, walker, stroller, and swing from sims 3
    -Once toddlers can walk they should be able to do things like they can in Sims Freeplay, sit in chairs and couches, and get into their own beds, and once they are potty trained they should be able to use a regular toilet.
    -Have little play houses, kiddie pools, kitchen playsets, their own toddler-sized beds, little swing sets, car race tracks, and toys.
    -Lots of cute toddler clothes and hairstyles, little hair bows and pigtails, maybe a little mohawk
    -Children should get backpacks, be able to jump on beds, have bunk beds, and tree houses.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i really miss the toddler in the sims.

i want my sim to rock them to sleep, some toys would be good, changing tables, i miss the toddler skills...teaching them to talk, walk, ect....
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    looking forward to new disappointments
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    AdrianohldAdrianohld Posts: 6 New Member
    Drawings on walls, playing and running around the house, mess things with food, mess up some things ... More games for children TBM are welcome, such as hide and seek (where the player chooses where the child but will hide, and may be under the bed, behind a vessel within the closset and etc ... while you have time to tell each other yes! it would be magic!) catch-up could also be fun
  • Options
    Kenzied143Kenzied143 Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly I think toddler would be great. I love when you got to teach them how to walk & talk & the swings & just all of the interactions you got to endure with toddlers. Please bring them back I know that would be a lot of remakingg of the game but it would be better than any expansion ever.
  • Options
    southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    Oh so many ideas and I'm only on the first page. I like cuddle idea, also a temper tantrum! don't know toddler who doesn't get into their moods. I'd combo of sims 2 where played in toilet, liked all stuff we got baby monitor, playpen, stroller, swing. think giving bath bathtub great too! hope one day babyish won't be an object, tied to cradle. (Huge step backwards original game!)
  • Options
    Belladonna-WitchBelladonna-Witch Posts: 1 New Member
    I love these ideas. I can't wait to have toddlers. I would also like to have a few changes to the babies added in the same pack. Such as being able to carry them around and rock them and sit while holding them and of course accessories and clothing for them also.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I'm very excited about the possibility of toddlers, but I hope EA improves on the toddlers from TS3. It always annoyed me so much that they couldn't really interact with each other or with the children very much. Toddlers should be able to play with each other, fight over toys, and also follow and play with their big brothers and sisters, not just begging for their attention, but really interacting with them. There should be lots of socials of the kind that we saw in TS2, where both the kids and toddlers could play together on an activity table, conversing at the same time, as well as kids playing with toddlers using their own toys like the dollhouse and stuffed animals etc. They should also be able to play peekabo and tickle toddlers. If toddlers have unique toys like the small teddy bear, imaginary friend doll, baby swing, floor mat, play pen, rabbit head, shape sorter and xylophone, kids should be able to use them too, and use them with the toddlers, perhaps showing them how to play better or playing with the toys alongside the toddlers.

Kids, like the parents and teens in TS2 could, should be able to teach the toddlers nursery rhymes to improve charisma, and be able to feed a little sibling a bottle taken from the fridge. They could also assist with teaching them to walk and talk, but perhaps less effectively or quickly than their parents. Since in TS4 we have the mischief skill, toddlers and kids should be able to get into some mischief together to annoy their parents. Toddlers should sometimes be able to annoy their elder siblings by crawling into the dollhouse and knocking it down or by suddenly grabbing a toy or something. And I definitely agree with the posters who said that toddlers should be able to climb out of their cribs. Perhaps kids could lower the gate or otherwise help them do this.

While we're on the subject, I would also like to see TS4 kids be able to do more with the babies, such as singing to them and rocking them. Even the kids in Sims 1 could sing babies to sleep while rocking them, so I don't see why something similar couldn't happen in Sims 4. The lack of interactivity with babies in TS4 and in toddlers in TS3 was a huge disappointment, and I hope they greatly improve this facet with TS4, and make some new game play and social interactions that are specific to toddlers and children. And while they are at it, they should really improve the socials that kids can perform together (bringing back kid-specific games like Mary Mack and Rock, Paper Scissors and all those fun ones from TS2), while giving them some new ones with their parents as well (standing on their parents' feet and holding hands while taking steps comes to mind; that was so cute). TS2 had the best socials for families, and they should all be brought back.
  • Options
    qcfruscianteqcfrusciante Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2016
    So many lovely ideas already :)
    I'll just say that I want toddlers skills to be the same as the children ones, obviously motor skills benefit learning to walk, social learning to talk, etc But I guess this has been already said.

I wonder if EA could partner w/Fisher Price or Playskool to add some of their toys to the game, like they had Ikea, H & M and car brands in the past. After all many players are parents or will become parents someday, so I think it's great advertisement and more money to fund the EP.

PS:If we're getting toddlers eventually, please also free the newborns, let we give them a bath too, like in TS2.
  • Options
    FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    when I think in toodlers in Sims4 I think in a lot of objects, clothes, a lot of them, nurseries and beds, very cute and fantasy decoration, a lot of skilling objects like toys, pop up books for helping children to learn to talk or speak, little rubber pool where the toodlers can play, playing with painting and very variety of toys.
    Oh please bring the toodlers back T_T
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    Congrats @sparkfairy1 for having such a controversial topic pinned in GD. I hope all these great ideas are in the Sims 5!
  • Options
    diego2memphisdiego2memphis Posts: 575 Member
    There are already so many great suggestions! I'm just glad that the Sims team hasn't given up on the idea of toddlers <3 ! I'd be happy with a combination of the toddler interactions that we saw in both the Sims 2 and 3. I definitely loved the walker, stroller and baby swing from the Sims 3...those quickly became "must have" items.
    Builds-Banner-1024x156.png

Find me on YouTube and on my website - mysimsloveaffair.com. I post stories, legacies and builds! 🥰
  • Options
    pupunikpupunik Posts: 62 Member
    hi, here are my ideas:

cas:
    -cabelos (well cute preference)
    -Clothes those full body (do not know how you guys give call I'm Brazilian), varied diapers, wide dresses and shirts.
    -hats

costruction:
    -baby crib
    -baby bath
    -urso of plush (small)
    -troninho
    -The pool for babies.
    -drawing table
    -blocks mounting
    -More brinquenos

interactions:
    -baby bottle and baby food with different flavors (and with different modlets)
    -that he may have to learn to walk and talk alone (say paying attention in the other)
    -Ability walk and talk not too long (about 1-5)
    -that all sims can help you learn to walk and talk (even children)
    -has like him to play in puddles, climb on furniture, even even deliver things for parents.
    -has how to make it dance (in a simple way with nothing more just to be cute)
    -that he puddle kiss the parents (on the cheek), hugging, pinching (the brother maybe), crying loudly.
    -dormir on the floor or on a propio item to stay on the floor (it would be very interesting)
    -Eat on the floor.
    -have interactions with siblings and other babies.

feelings:
    I do not know how it could be but it will be nice:
    -make an angry coconut
    -cry for attention (sad)
    -cry for comfort (when tense or desconfortave)

and a punishment for not taking good care of it.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2016
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I loved the idea for hide and seek would be cool if they could program it into things like the closet.. not sure about that bush.. eww. Maybe..

I was thinking the other day I'd love it if they had an imaginary world they could visit.. toddlers or children. There could be some entrance in the home (like the closet or something new) that takes them to a hidden lot. Personally I'd like for time to stand still there, but doubt they would do that. Wouldn't mind if it could be both happy or scary(ish). There are so many stories like that.

Ooooh! The wardrobe to Narnia! Spare oom ---->

I love that, for Children. Hide and seek seems "old" for toddlers, though. I guess a lot of people in this thread are also thinking "preschooler"/"nursery-school age" when they're looking at this age group? I've been thinking more starting to walk (12-18 months) to about 2 and a half or 3.

I guess it depends on where you live. Where I live, most practically consider kids finally becoming a "child" at 5 (I guess since here anything under kindergarten age is a toddler to some.) I'm on the fence since my son was able to enter preschool at 2, and at 3 he still seems like a toddler to me.

Though I agree a nice combination of the two would be lovely. Either that or a huge revamp like the freeplay had, giving the babies the ability to be taught their first steps and learn their first words. Which would give toddlers loads of leeway for educational, exploration, etc, throughout many options.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    TwoSimsLightTwoSimsLight Posts: 3 New Member
    Please producers, i have two simple suggestions:
    - Teach the toddler for Walk on interaction (If dont do that, when grow, They will walk stranger
    - Little pool
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Morning preschool would be a good addition, but the time shouldn't be similar to school.
    Maybe 3 days a week for 4 hours? Also It helps advance In the Toddlers skills?

I just wouldn't wanna have preschool constantly taking my Toddler like the children have to with school.
    The point of having a Toddler Is time and bonding.

So If this feature Is present, please for the sake of others, make the time of preschool short and not a full week.
  • Options
    SrSimmerSrSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Starting ... Babies can have more interactions than in other generations, the adult can play around to find the baby, the baby can climb up on the sofa to watch new children progamas, the adult can put the baby on the bench to give food to it, children can teach them to speak and walk, can bring back the nanny "But adults can have the nanny" type "Giving food to the baby, put to sleep, teach him to use the potty, the floor, to speak and to draw, they can bring back the stroller for adults roam with them, but not only adults, children, the elderly and adolescents also might also put in the game to children pools for babies gain fun! and also, most importantly, the babies have to be playable.

Thanks for listening!
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    There are some wonderful ideas for both babies and toddlers in this thread. I really do hope the SimGurus are reading it. Concerning toddlers, I wonder if they could be made to work with existing traits somehow. First of all, I think that there should be a new parenting skill which sims could master with babies, toddlers, children and teens. There could be parenting books for them to read, as well as skilling which would happen while interacting with (reading to, interacting with or just playing with babies, toddlers and children). Once they reached level 10 of the parenting skill, Sims would have some new socials open up, and they would also be much more effective at everything to do with babies and toddlers.

Existing traits could also play a major role: for instance, those sims who are family-oriented could be really good, much better than normal sims, at teaching toddlers their skills, playing with them and raising their fun and social bars, bonding with them much more quickly, calming them down, making better baby food, and generally just having superior interactions with them. Family-oriented sims would love reading parenting books and children's books, as well as be better at helping with homework etc.

Ordinary sims, without that trait, could do all these things too, but it would take longer and not give quite as much of a relationship boost. Then there could be sims that would have particular gifts depending on their traits: creative sims could boost their toddlers' creative skills much faster than normal sims when they interacted with them using a musical toy or colouring table, read to them or taught them a nursery rhyme, while active sims might be better at boosting their motor skills, and outgoing sims would be superior at teaching social skills. Childish sims would get a lot of fun from playing with baby and toddler toys with their kids, and might be most effective at raising their fun levels. But none of these sims would be anywhere as effective as those with the family-oriented trait. Those with full parenting skills could perhaps be almost as good, but not quite.

Finally, Sims with the "Dislikes Children" trait ought to really have difficulty parenting their toddlers and children. They should frequently get the bored moodlet when talking to them or interacting with them. Their fun levels should drop quickly when playing with them. Meanwhile, on thei skills front, their toddlers would take much longer to learn everything, be more prone to tantrums, potty accidents, whining, and be much more likely to get into mischief and less likely to have fun with their unwilling parents etc. These sims would also take much longer to bond with their children (at whatever age) and to move up the parenting skill levels, and would always get a bored moodlet when reading a parenting book.

Of course I know none of these fantasies about Sim parenting would really happen; they would no doubt be far too complicated to implement. But using the traits and creating a parenting skill would be a great way to take advantage of existing gameplay and incorporate it fully into family play, making the game much more fun for those of us who like that sort of thing.