Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    GENERATION TWO

Here is the family geneology so far so you can keep up with all of Harry’s offspring (and ladies!)

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%201.21.54%20PM.png

Without further ado, we will continue the story!

Chapter 2.1

Farkus Gibsplitter and Harry Jr. waited at the door of the mansion. Gnats seemed to flit through Harry’s stomach at the thought of entering his poor father’s home. He didn’t even know it had existed until he was told of his death in the fire that disintegrated his grandfather’s house. Now, it was up to his father’s wives to take him in.

“Wives!” Harry thought. “What kind of place will this be?” he wondered. Although his grandfather was suffering over the loss of his father, Harry didn’t have any emotions about him other than the worry about what his future would be like in a nest of trolls. Hated creatures and very mean to gnomes. But as his grandfather had explained, he had nowhere else to go. Farkus would build a small house with the money he had leftover but couldn’t support Harry anymore.

Screenshot_1115.jpg

“Now be on yer best behavior, laddie,” his grandfather cautioned. “And let me do all the talking. These trolls are very excitable and hotheaded. They could kick ye bum out fer looking cross-eyed. And with yer bonny gnome looks, they’re going to try to find reasons not to take ye. But I know how to handle them.”

“Aiy, grandfather,” Harry mumbled, not wanting to even look at these strange green creatures. He spied a teen girl and some little boys who looked similar to his father’s picture that his grandfather had showed him only yesterday. He wondered if those were his siblings. Shaking his head, he couldn’t blame his grandfather for keeping this troll family a secret. In fact, he wished he didn’t know about this place at all. Gooseflesh rippled over his arms even thinking about what the mansion must look like inside. It all was like a strange Spooky Day dream.

Screenshot_1117.jpg

After his grandfather knocked on the door, a snooty looking troll with a snide glare bellowed, “Farkus Gibsplitter. What is the meaning of this visit? You know very well that the master wants nothing more to do with you. And after all these years, why darken our doorstep now?”

Screenshot_1122.jpg

Farkus’ shoulders seemed to droop at the sight of the man. “I dinna wish to be here, troll, but I come with very sad tidings. Please. Let us inside and I’ll tell ye all that has happened.”

“Yes, sir, please,” Harry added. “It’s about me father, Harry Horrid.”

Screenshot_1120.jpg

Lionel’s eyes widened as he saw the resemblance in the boy’s eyes. They were the spitting image of Lord Horrid’s father, Sir Vormop Horrid. Taking in a deep breath to hide the fear he felt, he waved an angry arm and allowed them to pass.

Once they sat in the parlor, Farkus motioned to Harry Jr. and said, “We will need some privacy, son. I’ll call fer ye later.”

Harry slumped out the door, not wanting to be in this dark castle one moment longer. And to think he was going to live here until he was out on his own. It was inconceivable!

Screenshot_1123.jpg

Plastering a smile on his face, Lionel said, “Now what is all this, gnome? I don’t have time for your nonsense in bringing Lord Horrid’s ill-gotten children. He has legitimate TROLL heirs. Foisting a gnome that he obviously sired when he was in the gnome world will not support his contract. I do understand Lord Horrid has a dutiful heart for gnomes, but I will save him the trouble of even contemplating such nonsense. Golden is the heir. Lord Horrid has said as much to me.”

Farkus sized up Lionel, jutting his chin out. “Oy, ye think ye have it all lock, stock, and barrel do ye? I’m here to tell ye that ye dinna have the last word with me son. I did.”

Screenshot_1124.jpg

Pulling out Harry’s urn, he spat. “There now. Go ahead and look. Me poor Harry died in a fire at me house. It was a strange accident, dying before me eyes. I can hardly believe it. Me heart is broken to pieces, and I dinna think I’ll ever be over it. Not in all me days fer I know now I dinna have long to live and I’m plenty glad to be leaving this world without me wonderful son in it.”

Shocked, Lionel rose from his seat, mouth gaping. “I-It couldn’t be. Not the master. Oh please say this is a cruel joke.”

Screenshot_1126.jpg

Overcome by emotion, Lionel couldn’t say another word, throat tightening like a vise. Huge tears dripped down his nose when Blue entered the room. With a sudden gasp, her eyes grew as large as saucers. She screamed,“NO!”

Screenshot_1127.jpg

Screenshot_1128.jpg

Both huddled down, wailing for Harry, not believing this could be true. Farkus pulled out a handkerchief wiping fresh tears for his son. He wondered if he’d ever stop crying over him. But he had to think about Harry Jr.’s future and so, he put on his lawyer’s sensibilities and said, “It isna time fer sorrows. Ye have the rest of yer lives to cry. We need to consider the proper heir to the estate which is Harry Horrid Jr. Please dry yer eyes. We have business to discuss.”

Screenshot_1130.jpg

Lionel wiped his tears and muttered to Blue, “Let us alone, Lady Belle. I’ll deal with his ilk. You shouldn’t worry yourself over such matters. Go tell the children. They’ll need you now.”

“Yes...quite...” Blue said as if in a daze. She couldn’t believe Harry was actually gone. And when she felt he was starting to warm up to her. She’d miss his smiles and his blustering. His silly turns of phrases. Why did this have to happen? She did not want to tell the children.

Screenshot_1129.jpg

Turning, she cried into her hands, running away down the hall.

Sitting next to the wretched man, Lionel tried to contain his anger at the thought of turning Harry’s estate over to a gnome. He drew his hands into fists and started to say, “Now see here, gnome...”

Farkus interjected with a flip of his hands. “Ye have no rights in the matter, troll. I have all the papers signed by me son. That was why he come to see me. He knew he had a son by his first love, Shembulock Gnome, and I wired him about his coming of age verra soon. It is simple. Keep Harry Jr. here, take care of him until he ages to young adult, then hand over the money his Uncle Flobbish is hoarding. It should have been Harry’s from the beginning.”

Screenshot_1153.jpg

Lionel snapped. “If you even dare to think I’ll do such a thing, you’re more twisted than I previously surmised. Absolutely, categorically, I will never hand over this estate to a lowly gnome. And furthermore, if you ever set foot in here again, I will have the constable pitch your hideous gnome bones in the deepest, darkest dungeon and melt the key.”

Screenshot_1152.jpg

Farkus sprang up and laughed. “Puff on as ye wish, troll, but Harry Jr. stays. I’ve got no home fer him to go to. And besides, ye know as well as I do what Harry’s wishes would be. But no matter. I will be exercising these papers before yer lord of trustees whereby legally this estate will be turned over to Harry Jr.”

Screenshot_1154.jpg

Walking toward the door to make a statement, Farkus went on, “And if’n the uncle don’t turn over the money, HE will be the one thrown into yer dungeons.”

Screenshot_1155.jpg

The gnome laughed all the way down the hall and out the door.

Lionel wanted to punch him. “Come back here, coward, and fight like a man! I challenge you to a duel!”

Screenshot_1156.jpg

But Farkus Gibsplitter only laughed louder as the two doors slammed shut.

“Hateful man,” Lionel murmured under his breath.

Screenshot_1157.jpg

But then Harry’s urn seemed to nudge him out of his fury. “Oh, dear, sweet, sometimes infuriating master, why did you have to go so soon? Why is this family so cursed?”

Screenshot_1159.jpg

He knew he’d have to do as the evil gnome said for even though Farkus Gibsplitter was a gnome, he was a talented litigator. Even if the papers had been forged, Lionel was powerless against them.

“Oh, Master, I hope you know how much I loved serving you. I will miss you terribly.”

Screenshot_1158.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    :'( so sad. Farkus is such a tricky man. Hopefully will Harry Jr. feel better in the troll world than his father.
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Well, I'm happy that there's a new chapter... but not happy for the poor Horrid family!
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Awe poor Farkus and Harry Jr they are going to now have to get used to each other. Oh goodness I just had a crazy thought what if harry jr falls for one of his step mothers?? eeek
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    :cry: Seeing Harry's urn was so sad!

I feel so much for Harry, Jr! Seems like it'll be harder on him than it even was on Harry, living in the troll world -- he doesn't have the green skin and the looks of Harry to fit in. It'll be so interesting to see the family dynamics, once they all meet one another!
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    I'm glad to see you've figured something out after Harry's death! Makes it all the more realistic in some ways.... Poor Blue.
  • fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    Evil Farkus, taking the advantage of a tragedy to help his pocket book. Wonder what type of trouble Harry Jr. will cause...
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Awe poor Farkus and Harry Jr they are going to now have to get used to each other. Oh goodness I just had a crazy thought what if harry jr falls for one of his step mothers?? eeek

That would be an eek! But they are much too old for him, so you can rest easy. Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It's really sad... :( I hope Harry's son Harry Jr. will be happy living with trolls.
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Booo this made harry's death so ultimately real... Maybe we will see his ghost?
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Hopefully Harry Jr can get along with his troll family... :s
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I still haven't recovered from Harry's death. I miss him. :'(
    I'm not sold on the idea of Harry Jr. being the heir yet. We know nothing about him, we didn't see him growing up. I liked the idea of Golden becoming the heir. But whoever becomes the heir in the end, I'm sure his story is going to be spectacular as anything @pammiechick writes.
    I'm must mention, that I'm also reading through all pages of Tribe Wahine, which is full of unexpected twists as well. I'm becoming Pammie's hardcore fan! :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited February 2016
    @Maladi777 Oh wow! Thank you!! Glad you're starting on my Amazon story! Ha! It is very long, so at least you won't blast through it.

Hopefully, by next chapter, you'll get to know Harry Jr. a bit more. He IS different from his father, though. :)

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I think Harry Jr. is so handsome, I want to learn more about him and am a little sad he got shooed away so early in this episode. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Harry's happy days :blush:
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Well, events take their turn. I am quite excited to see who the next heir actually is...
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    I think Harry Jr. is so handsome, I want to learn more about him and am a little sad he got shooed away so early in this episode. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Harry's happy days :blush:

I was happy with the way he turned out! It's funny how Harry's father gave Harry Jr. those eyes. Harry's eyes were way bigger.

Yes, more soon with more Harry Jr and all the kids.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Great update :) I stepped away for a while after Harry died, and was happy to see your story progressed while I was gone :D Can't wait to see what Harry Jr, Golden and the rest of the kids get along!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    Ooh I'm excited to see how this'll go! :#
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Ooooo how sad!!! :'(
    edited March 2016
    Chapter 2.2

Blue told the children about the accident as gently as she could then set Harry’s urn in the garden spot of the dungeons where the fountain water tumbled pleasantly.

All could not contain their misery for Justice and Rose were orphans and Golden could not bear the thought of losing his dear Da.

Screenshot_1175.jpg

After the sad business with Farkus Gibsplitter, Lionel came to check on the children. “Come along then, my dears. Your father would not have you drown in your tears. Even though he was a bit cranky from time to time, he sure loved a good joke and laughter.”

Screenshot_1176.jpg

Sniffing, Golden wiped his nose on his sleeve and Justice dried his tears on his ascot. Rose didn’t budge. She’d be sad forever.

“There now. That’s the way. Come. You must meet your new brother! He will be living with us from now on.”

Once Lionel settled the children into the parlor and explained the situation and who Harry Horrid Jr. was, Harry came in to meet them. Walking over to Rose who looked about his age, Harry said, “I’m verra sorry I must meet ye under such sad circumstances. Me heartfelt condolences I bid ye. I do wish I had known our da.”

Screenshot_1197.jpg

Wiping her tears, Rose swallowed. “Thank you kindly, brother. It is nice to see your face. You remind me of him in a way. Especially the way you talk.”

Screenshot_1198.jpg

“Oy, I’m glad I can give ye some comfort then. It’s all a bit of a shock, but I do hope we can become friends in time.”

Screenshot_1200.jpg

Lionel said, “The estate is yours, Master Horrid, once your birthday comes upon us. And then you will need to seek a way to pay our bills. Your father was working on a ploy to trade commerce with the fairies. I can advise you of his research on that score, if you wish.”

Screenshot_1209.jpg

“Nay, Sir, I canna take over this estate. It should go to one of me siblings. Rose here would be a better heir fer I dinna belong in the troll world. I will seek employment in Gnome Creek. I’m sure someone will give me a job.”

Screenshot_1208.jpg

Shrugging, Lionel said, “My hands are tied, Master Horrid. Your grandfather has papers that will this estate to you. Of course you can turn it over to one of your brothers once they reach young adulthood. By troll law only men shall inherit. It is the troll way.”

Screenshot_1210.jpg

“But Lionel, we don’t want this musty old place!” Justice interjected.

“Heck no!” Golden agreed. “I don’t want a bunch of silly old women hounding me day and night! I want to be my own boss. Da was not very happy most of his life. I want to make a difference in our world. I’m going to be a politician! Mayor of Midnight Moor!”

“Indeed,” Justice added. “And I’m going to be a firefighter. No one should suffer what Da did. Isn’t it true that if you’re heir, you can’t work?”

Screenshot_1214_1.jpg

Lionel sat next to Golden. “But this is absurd. Gnomes shouldn’t be the heir of the Horrid estate. There would be an outcry from the gentry. In fact, Harry Horrid Jr. would be shunned.”

“Balderdash!” Justice declared. “These are modern times. Harry is obviously part troll. He looks a lot like our grandfather. He’ll be fine.”

“I quite agree,” Golden said, smiling.

Screenshot_1216.jpg

“But what if I dinna wish to be heir?” Harry asked, rubbing his hands together nervously. “Dinna ye have to marry five lassies?”

Screenshot_1217.jpg

“Nah,” Justice waved his hand. “You only have to have five babies by five different women. No marriage. That’s for sissies.”

“Yup.” Golden added. “But you need to make sure one is a boy otherwise you could have babies indefinitely!”

Both boys laughed at the thought.

Screenshot_1221.jpg

Harry put his hand to his mouth. “Five babies! Siring children indefinitely. I dinna think I can do it.”

“Don’t let our brothers scare you, Harry.” Rose laughed. “You don’t have to do anything you don’t wish to. Our uncle will probably not be around for very much longer for he’s very elderly and infirm at the moment. He’s the only one you would have to worry about and then it is up to you on how you live your life. It is tradition only that you have five different children by five different women. I think having gnome blood in our legacy would do us some good.” She leaned in and whispered, “And thank you for even thinking that a lady could inherit the estate. I do hope some gnome sensibilities will rub off in our town.”

Screenshot_1219.jpg

Harry didn’t say anything more to this uneasy conversation. He would do his best to help his family but once the boys reached young adulthood, he would try to talk them into taking on the legacy. This world was so foreign to him and he knew he’d miss all his gnome friends and ways.

That night, he spotted the only picture he’d ever seen of his mother and father together. They were so young and full of life and happiness. He could only hope he would some day find one person to love like that.

Screenshot_1222.jpg

He fell asleep quickly in his father’s old bed. The worries of the future fizzled into the dark night.

Screenshot_1224.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I love this story. So happy to see an update! I can't wait to see how Harry Jr. adapts to the trolls. :p
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Ahhh! An update! Yay!
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Poor Harry jr.! What a shock it must be for him. :'( But I think he'll make a great heir, and he's such a cutie! <3 Love the update! Thanks Pammie! Glad to see this story updated again. I've missed it so much! <3<3<3
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Harry Jr!! I understand how it feels to be a stranger in a new place, so my heart goes out to him!! I love how sweet his siblings are and how no one wants the responsibility ha!! It is a hard pill to swallow LOL - thanks for the update it is such a brilliant story!
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    It is amusing how none of his brothers want to inherit the mansion! Jr is stuck with this, wanting or not... :D