March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Thanks @lisa17ann. Yeah chimney revolution lol :)

@mommataurus2 Love your challenge idea of everyone doing the same country!!! I totally want to try building other country styles now! :)

@Cbear13 An Asian build challenge sounds so fun! I almost chose China as my country inspiration for the last challenge. I totally up for a other countries/continents challenge.
    jiyKE8j.png
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Ohh Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Oski, hes just 10 years old and suffered a perforated necrotic appendix 2 weeks ago, emergency surgery and some infection complications meant our hospital stay was extended a while, but he was allowed to come home on Thursday last week and even though he is still taking a barrage of antibiotics he's feeling much better, and we are all comfier now that we are home :)

Hugs everyone!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Oliana wrote: »
    Ohh Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Oski, hes just 10 years old and suffered a perforated necrotic appendix 2 weeks ago, emergency surgery and some infection complications meant our hospital stay was extended a while, but he was allowed to come home on Thursday last week and even though he is still taking a barrage of antibiotics he's feeling much better, and we are all comfier now that we are home :)

Hugs everyone!

Hello @Oliana . I am sorry that your sim had the perforated appendix requiring surgery, and that infection issues occurred. It would have been so painful for him! I am giad that your son is home from hospital now and is feeling better. It would have been a very worrying time for your family. It would have been a big relief when you were able to bring him home. I hope that each day he continues to improve and heal after the surgery.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Oh I must of missed about your son being sick @Oliana glad he's feeling better now! Hope he's fully recovered very soon!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    @Oliana Its so good to hear your son is recovering well. How scary that must have been!
    @Oliana Thanks for the update on your son. Glad he is doing some better and is healing comfortably at home now. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Oliana wow thats a lot for a 10 year old to deal with I am glad hes home recovering and getting better
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @Cbear13 This stilt house has to have all the things a normal sim needs to live their life right?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

Yeah @mommataurus2 all the standard rules apply
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    QC challenge no: 18
    Origin ID: misscbong
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate or Expert level: Not sure - probably Intermediate
    Original Lot used: Optimist's Outlook
    Build Gallery Name: Northwest Harbor
    Your short story/write up:
    As the weather continued to worsen, she knew she would need a forever home that would allow some more safety and stability when the storms got worse. With the threat of flooding from the rain, she knew the safest place to build would be a house built on stilts. Staying true to her love of modern minimalist tastes and styles, she built a home that would last and that would allow her an optimal view of the nature surrounding her. With the house raised above ground, she was better able to take advantage of the land below and built a little slice of relaxing heaven.

Gallery Link: Gallery Link
    Images (3-5 max):

03-04-16_10-32-32nbspAM.png

03-04-16_10-34-02nbspAM.png

03-04-16_10-35-23nbspAM.png

03-04-16_10-37-02nbspAM.png

03-04-16_10-40-12nbspAM.png
    Stilts House is very nice! @steskens :) Very nice exteruor design and layout of the home! The ledges look very nice on the front exterior of the home. Very nice outdoors living and dining patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals there and eating the food at the table in the outdoors air, listening to music from the radio . They will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs , having a chat. It is a great touch that there is an alarm on the map which will make the high walls appear to secure off the area due to the weather conditions. The hedging looks nice on the edges of the patio. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice windows corner sitting area in the home for sims to enjoy looking out at the outdoors views whilst sitting there. The circles flooring is a nice touch and the candles look nice on the coffee table. Very nice design of the master bedroom suite! It looks great how there is a walk in clothes closet and an ensuite bathroom off from the bedroom. The square wall panels look very nice on the wall between the two areas. The study desk nook is very nice! It looks great how the bookcases have been placed either sides of the desk table to create the nook. Sims will enjoy sitting at the table using the computer or reading a book. The books and pencils are great touché on the desk.
    Noa and Jenn are very nice. :) They would enjoy living in your very nice hom, and chatting whilst siting on the outdoors upper patio chairs.
    It is a very nice home :)
    The exterior design and layout of Northwest Harbour is very nice! @misscbong :) It looks very great how the brown wall structures have been used in the build! The large glass windows look very nice oh the home, creating a nice light filed home where sims can enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst indoors. Very nice ground floor pool and outdoors dining patio! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, or enjoy eating meals at the dining table ih the outdoors air. The white colour of the seating gives a nice look to the build, and the red colour of the candles on the table complements with the white. The candles look pretty too. Very nice hot tub alcove. The indoors dining room is very nice! Sims will enjoy eating their meals there with sunshine coming in to the room and enjoy looking out through the windows whilst dining. The twisted sculpture is a nice touch in the room. The barstool counter in the kitchen is nice for sims to sit on the stools and chat whilst the meals are cooking. The open plan layout of the kitchen and living room areas looks nice. The pictures are nice touches on the living room and kitchen walls. Very nice outdoors living rooftop patio! The armchairs and sofas look very nice how they are placed there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in the sunshine , having a chat under the shade of the umbrellas. The two separated tables and red candles on top of them gives a great look to the area. Simd will enjoy gardening in the gardening boxes on the patio.
    The home is very nice! :)
    @steskens I am glad you figured it out, an easy way is to:
    save ur lot to your library,
    close down the game
    remove your mods folder to somewhere else while you do this
    Go back into game place your lot down and it will place with any cc removed and should upload cc free

Then you can place your mods folder back in (make sure you do it when game is not on)

Love how your build turned out though great story

@misscbong great entry and I love the rooftop
    @steskens yeah it doesnt matter if you dont use them it can be a glitch with the mods folder.
    I had it happen to me in the past
    QC challenge no: 18
    Origin ID: mommataurus2
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate or Expert level: Expert
    Original Lot used: The Lighthouse
    Build Gallery Name: Conceited Princess Tower
    Once upon a long long time, a Princess stared at herself in the mirror.
    And when she was bored after a very long time she would glide across the room until she reached another.
    She never tired to stare at herself enjoying it more and more each day.
    Her father grew incredibly annoyed with her self-gazing ways and locked her in the tallest of towers in Windenburg.
    There high above the city, the Conceited Princess would sit gazing at herself until her lids grew heavy with sleep.

When she refused to come down to even acknowledge the poor suitors lining up at her door her father ordered that the first floor be made into a glorious garden dining hall where suitors could indulge in delicious delicacies from all over the world in order to distract from his daughters impolite behavior. The Exhausted King longed for the day that his daughter would grow weary of herself and choose a husband so they could take over reign of the kingdom.

rUf2mg8.jpg

IIX43GX.jpg

EccUOwp.jpg

85pAgnE.jpg\

momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@mommataurus2 Love the theme of your house on stilts! :) So charming and very creative!
    jiyKE8j.png
    Thanks @Rivendellstar. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Conceited Princess Tower is such a very pretty and very nice build! @mommataurus2 :) It is a very creative way that you have used the stilts theme! The background story details are creatively written, and the accompanying home looks so very nice! Very nice design and layout of the build! The tower looks very great! The greenery looks nice on the walls. The stairs look very nice how they are placed in the build. The tower roofing looks great! Very nice outdoors areas! The arches look very nice how they are used in the build! Very nice front areas of the build! The water fountain features on the left and right hand sides look very nice! Very nice octogonal shaped pool for sims to enjoy swimming in. The flowers lining the edges of the areas of the build look so very pretty! Very nice outdoors dining area! It looks very pretty the type of chairs used and the white colour of the table and chairs. The banquet tables and fountains look very nice placed at either ends of the table. Sims will enjoy eating and dining at the long dining table in the outdoors air. The floral water fountain features look very pretty! The flowers and candles are nice touches on the table for sims to see when dining there. The columns look great how they are used in the build. Very nice music and art room! The floor patterning gives a very nice look to the room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa or armchairs there listeming to the piano music being played or enjoying the radio music from the gramophone. The flowers and candles on the coffee table are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The patterned armchairs give a nice look to the room. Nice art nook corner for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. The flower mirrors are very nice touches on the walls to suit the background details.
    The home is so very nice! :)
    edited March 2016
    Hi everyone,
    as some of you may know I sometimes message people, mainly novices or intermediates that have been entering for a while but we feel could do with a bit of help improving in the areas that maybe holding them back from winning some challenges or more challenges.
    At the moment steskens and I are going to be playing around with some shells with decorating and clutter filling, making sure that there are no bare areas and making the most of budgets.

I am happy for anyone else to join in with this not just to learn but to teach also because I know I don't know everything so feel free to follow on and decorate the shells also and post pics.
    This is not a challenge its just for us to learn and give tips to each other to improve. So there is no winners or prizes just learning and tips.

The other advantage of joining in is you will get a bit more of an insight into what we look for while judging.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE PERSONAL FEEDBACK ON YOUR PRACTICE CHALLENGE PLEASE ADD #qcfeedback TO YOUR UPLOAD CHALLENGE HOUSE
    (Also let me know here that you would like feedback which will be mailed to you and can be discussed in detail with you)

So we are starting off small with a 30x20 lot
    Download shell here

Firstly we are doing the landscaping as it was my weakest part of creating and steskens would like to learn more with it to.
    Dont touch the shell exterior or inside yet we will get to that later.
    Feel free to post pics once your done and if you would like some feedback just let me know happy to download and check out in game and give advice. Also would love some more experienced creators to have a go and post pictures with tips to help our less experienced builders.

Part 1: Landscaping
    So requirements will be to have:
    1. Terrain paint pathing leading to the front door from the street and from the front of the house around to the back off the house (you can go around either side of the house.
    2. Some garden beds, up against the front of the house, side of the house and rear of the house and some in the yard itself (anywhere you like). Garden beds can include things like rocks, flowers and shrubs ect....
    3. A small water feature in the front yard, made with either fountain tool or pool tool, try make it look natural by lining it with plants, flowers and rocks and I suggest to help with the natural look dont make it square. You can decorate with fountains or lilies or anything you can think of.
    4. In the backyard - Outdoor seating and bbq area, so make sure you have a bbq and table and chairs
    5. In the backyard - a small veggie garden

Ok remember these are all about decorating and using clutter, so do your best to try be creative and feel free to ask advice anytime.

Dont touch the exterior of the house or inside yet just concentrate on the landscaping and things above, I will do the same and will post pics.

There is no budget for these so let your imagination go wild, the goal is to decorate.
    Tips:
    Make sure to double check that nothing is sticking into other things, hold down the Control key on your keyboard to move items away slightly to a better position to prevent this.
    Also using the bb.moveobjects cheat will help with this
    Landscaping does not have to be perfect, sometimes being messy with flowers and such can give a more natural and real look.

Feel free anyone to add more helpful tips on this subject

Post edited by Cbear13 on
    @cbear13 Awesome idea with the practice. I also found that the alt key can be helpful.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

edited March 2016
    :) Oops post

Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    @cbear13 Great idea!
    @mommataurus2 yes! The ALT key is a staple for me!
    Also remember, if you want more rotation options on items then switch to Sims3 camera, rotate to desired spot and switch back (unless you stay in sims3 camera, I just can't make it work for me full time!)
    Sims3 camera is also better for taking pictures in my opinion, as it allows you to get in much closer and take them from a sims point of view instead of the birdseye sims4 camera.
    @Oliana oh so true about sims3 camera mode I use to use sims4 but taking pictures with it was annoying me so I use to swap.
    Now I just keep mine in sims3 camera all the time
    edited March 2016
    @Cbear13 This is what I would do with the landscaping advice and shell build that you provided. Landscaping doesn't have to be challenging. :)

JsxucbY.jpg

elhzR5u.jpg

b3yF2IO.jpg

25egQaf.png

My little tip/suggestion: You can change the color of your fountains to add cool night effects. AND don't forget when entering QC challenges these judges LOVE a cool night view! :) I hide the round saucer lights under all my plants it makes them glow. ;)
    Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top