Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I use Z X Home and End on my touch laptop because zooming is weird and I'm just incredibly lazy :P
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Another one I just thought of: If your sim lives in an apartment and has befriended their neighbours, they can have them watch their children instead of hiring a Nanny. You have to invite them over and ask them to watch the children, and they do a far better job than the nanny.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Another one I just thought of: If your sim lives in an apartment and has befriended their neighbours, they can have them watch their children instead of hiring a Nanny. You have to invite them over and ask them to watch the children, and they do a far better job than the nanny.

Omg. That is amazing. I wanted something like that like calling the parents friends to come over and watch the kids. I didn't know it could be done in apartments.
    cleo00 wrote: »

Omg. That is amazing. I wanted something like that like calling the parents friends to come over and watch the kids. I didn't know it could be done in apartments.

Yeah. I used it exclusively when AL first came out. Sadly, it only works if your sims are in apartments.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member

Seriously?! That's awesome!
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    Toddlers can "huggle" each other and pets. I always hated toddlers in TS3 because they couldn't do anything. Now that I'm playing TS2 again, there's magic in every age group :)

Also never hire a nanny. Sometimes she doesn't leave, and then another nanny will come while she's still there to pick up the next shift. I got rid of the nannies by hiring a butler and making him dismiss all other workers. (Also in general, hire a butler. He can do everything so much better than everyone else.)
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Child Sims can jump on their beds for fun.
    Sims can make paper aeroplanes from the newspaper.
    Sims can learn how to break dance if they pay a fee.

Lol they used to look crazy jumping on them
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • cherryboyJJcherryboyJJ Posts: 55 Member
    I wish all of these things would be added to Sims 4! :'(
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited March 2016
    I never realized it actually snows in the neighborhood view as well as on the lot.

And apparently sims can lay down when they're hanging out in Uni.

Also was extremely creeped out to see that if you line a bunch of sims up and have them all pose their heads follow you. Give it a try. Line a bunch of sims up - have them all pose stand still - pause it - rotate the screen - unpause.
    I had it with sixteen sims. Utterly terrifying.

Also, not from my experience but from watching sims 2 lets plays on YouTube that there are video cut scenes for birthdays to the different age stages. I wonder how come I never saw any.

Sims randomly break the 4th wall while you play too, even when not posing. Sometimes when you push pause, a Sim will turn it's head and look at you before pausing. My son thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever- I find it creepy. Lol. If you tell them to do something they would rather not do, sometimes they will look at you and lift their hands at you in a "why?" gesture before they comply.

Did you know you can propose engagement while on a dinner date? My favorite way to do proposals.
    I've been playing Sims 2 almost since it came out and I didn't know about the restaurant coupons until recently. I didn't used to take my Sims out to dine much, but I've decided I really like it now. Probably because Sims 3 doesn't have it and I like the novelty.
    My favorite discovery is Santa. Even though he doesn't do much. I never had the holiday pack until UC and he startled me the first time I saw him appear.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01

A butler will watch the children too, and also does a better job than the nanny.
    @lisamwitt How do you get Santa to come? :o
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi, :)

@cleo00 - The Christmas tree (in decorations/plants) then bake some cookies (I think at around 10pm) and leave them out. :)

*There's the Holiday Roast with the Cornicopia in Decorations/Misc (Iirc)- they'll need level 7 in cooking (?). I haven't made it in awhile.

Also the New Years party is fun- don't cancel the Make Ruckus action, which kinda messed up my party. :(
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've just started playing TS2 again. I put my revised Pancakes in Pleasantview, because I never played there (except a little, back when I first started playing) and now I'm going around to all the families.

Anyway, I've discovered that the premades all have pictures from before, which is really cool.

I've also re-discovered that you have to put a lamp or something on the corner of the desk. If you don't all your children will put their homework there and not be able to get it again when you tell them to do their homework.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I've just started playing TS2 again. I put my revised Pancakes in Pleasantview, because I never played there (except a little, back when I first started playing) and now I'm going around to all the families.

Anyway, I've discovered that the premades all have pictures from before, which is really cool.

I've also re-discovered that you have to put a lamp or something on the corner of the desk. If you don't all your children will put their homework there and not be able to get it again when you tell them to do their homework.

Lol. I totally forgot about that. I just do it out of habit and probably forgot why I was doing it, but yeah. Now that you mention it, that was why. ;)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I found my sim taking a sponge bath when she got up in today's game.I actually have a Mod that enables it as a user-directed action on any sink.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

Thanks for that not being a long time player of 2 it was annoying that my teens would put their homework somewhere they could not get at it and I did not know why or what to do about it, now I do thanks....
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    edited March 2016
    Some more cool facts !

-Kids can shock people if they walk on a rug

-Flushing the toilet while someone is in the shower will get the sim yelled at

-Teens destroying a child siblings lemonade stand will get yelled at by their parents

-A mean child can tease a toddler with a toy

-You can feed a dog regular sim food if you leave a plate on the ground

-Cats can be trained to use the toilet

-Sometimes sims falling asleep in their food with others at the same table will shock other sims

-Teens can live alone if you move the adults out

-Young adults walk slow

-Zooming in on a sims makes them annoyed and they will make a face at you

-Parents can cuddle with their children on the couch

-Sims can cuddle with pets on the couch I believe I can't remember the interaction

-Teens can work at the grocery store

-Teens will run away if they have negative relationships with everyone in their house

-You can change your mailbox color

-Pools can be recolored using wallpaper and flooring

-Your sim can get robbed by a man with a tall hat and annoying laugh

-Sims can get chased by bees

-An easy way to have sims or a family eat at the same table at a restaurant is to create a casual group

-They play real chess

-They can play bingo together

-Children blow and drink bubbles

-Swinging a child around will probably make them sick

-Childrens toy oven makes muffins that you can sell ( Same with lemonade)

-Making a sims cook for the first time without any skills and on speed 3 will cause a fire almost everytime

-Children do not like to see their parents argue or cheat

-The dj booth music is amazing

That's all I can think of for now :)
    How about some keyboard shortcuts? I use them all the time, but many people who play don't know about them.

I'm thinking they may account for discoveries.
    • < > to rotate camera
    • Page Up and Page Down to move quickly between levels
    • Home and End to quickly cycle walls up and down
    • Z and X to zoom in and out
    • `, 1, 2, and 3 to adjust speed and to pause the game
    • Esc to quickly exit out of a menu
    • T to view straight downward when building
    • F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, all control switching between play, buy, build, story mode, and Options

Ahh thank you I have been wondering how to do the T view thing for years.
    edited March 2016

You just have to have up a tree and make some Santa Cookies. Leave the cookies sitting out in the evening and Santa will come. He leaves gifts by your tree. If the cookies have gone bad he will leave a lump of coal. Sometimes if you have the tree up but not cookies he will come and leave you a lump of coal.
    Don't leave your tree lit for a long time, especially the outside tree, it will catch on fire.
    lisamwitt wrote: »

You just have to have up a tree and make some Santa Cookies. Leave the cookies sitting out in the evening and Santa will come. He leaves gifts by your tree. If the cookies have gone bad he will leave a lump of coal. Sometimes if you have the tree up but not cookies he will come and leave you a lump of coal.
    Don't leave your tree lit for a long time, especially the outside tree, it will catch on fire.

So put sprinklers or a fire alarm above the tree :o ?!
    I suppose that would work. After I had a couple fires (which both killed sims) I just stopped lighting my trees altogether.
    Oh no :( im going to do that from now on.
    @Simeggrolls that list is amazing! I can't wait to try some of those out
    @Simeggrolls that list is amazing! I can't wait to try some of those out

Lol there's a lot more to that list :# I also check sims wikia or carls guide to learn more awesome things :)
    Be careful if a child is using the toy oven and they grow up the muffin will forever be stuck in there unless you can direct another child to get it. Oh and they can burn them and other age groups can eat them :o Im going to open up a muffin and lemonade cafe for children !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top