Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    sabreene wrote: »
    Such a cute chapter! And I adore that picture of J and Avery!! :heart: Totally made me smile!!

Thank you so much :blush:
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I hope there is marriage, I want cake! (sorry, can't resist :D )
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I hope there is marriage, I want cake! (sorry, can't resist :D )

I promise you'll get cake if there is a wedding :lol:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited February 2016
    Blue and Sofia <3 They make me feel so giddy! They're a fantastic couple, really. She's such a good influnece on him, and everyone's spirits around her too!
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Yay, they're making big steps in their relationship! They're such a good pair. They complement each other really well :relaxed:
  • SamiNY623SamiNY623 Posts: 128 Member
    So happy Blue finally found someone :smile:
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Blue and Sofia <3 They make me feel so giddy! They're a gamtastic couple, really. She's such a good influnece on him, and everyone's spirits around her too!

Aren't they amazing together, I love them!
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Yay, they're making big steps in their relationship! They're such a good pair. They complement each other really well :relaxed:

The next power couple, right after Avery and Jameson :lol:
    SamiNY623 wrote: »
    So happy Blue finally found someone :smile:

Sophia's a doll!
    2.10 Pretty girl
    19_2_16_13_36_11.png

"There's a pretty girl living in our house now." Jameson said to his wife as she enters the house. Jameson finds it funny, she's always gardening. Wasn't she supposed to leave for her work? "That's Sophia, Jameson." Avery says, her eyes stand tired. Yet, Jameson is not sure what Avery's talking about. "She's been living here for quite some time now." On this Jameson agrees. "Yeah! She does! I see her all the time."

19_2_16_13_48_48.png

"Once she joined me for fish and chips. I don't know where any of you were, but she joined me. As we ate together she smiled at me. Her smile is almost as beautiful as yours Avery. She mostly talks about Blue, and about being a police officer. Did you know that she works as a police officer Avery? Maybe after working in sport I can be a police officer! That would be really cool. Last week she robbed a mailman... No wait! She caught a robbing mailman. And I was there too, she patted my hand and told me that I was at home that day. But I know for sure I was there."

19_2_16_13_51_00.png

"She also does the dishes. I think that is amazing, Avery. I don't think I would ever do a strangers dishes, but she does. Just like that. I believe I saw her cook once or twice too, but I'm not sure. Hopefully she'll cook for me one time, I bet she's good at cooking. Not as good as you are, though. No one will ever be. Your cooking is delicious. But I'm still curious as to how her food will taste."

19_2_16_13_54_16.png

"This one time I saw her sleep. I don't remember how exactly I got there, but she looked really peaceful in her sleep. Did you know Blue and she shared a bed? They both woke up and Blue brought me back to my own bed. Blue told me I shouldn't come into his bedroom at night. You were already laying in it, in bed. I thought I always go to bed first, but you were already there."

19_2_16_14_07_51.png

"Even though Blue told me the pretty girl might be scared a little of me now, she wasn't. She dances with me a lot. She's really good at dancing, maybe she could learn me how to dance like that one day. If I have spare time from my job of course. That would be great. You should learn how to dance too, Avery! Then we all can dance together."

19_2_16_13_36_45.png

"That would be great, Jameson. And don't worry about your job. You don't have to come in." Avery hugged her husband. Jameson was diagnosed with dementia months ago, but she still couldn't get used to his rambling. Even when the story's he told made no sense, they were still beautiful and always positive about everything. And that was how she would know she was talking to her husband. "What job? I'm retired honey." Jameson replied.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    It is so hard that J forgets so much. It is always hard sith such a illness but it is good to see that he still is very positive about everything
    Marialein wrote: »
    It is so hard that J forgets so much. It is always hard sith such a illness but it is good to see that he still is very positive about everything

His whims started to make no sense, and he often dropped whatever he was doing. I thought it would fit the story nice, I do however feel bad for him!
    They are still a cute couple. It's sad that he has dementia, though. But if things stay the way they are, its not SO bad. He still recognizes his wife and grandkids. :)
    They are still a cute couple. It's sad that he has dementia, though. But if things stay the way they are, its not SO bad. He still recognizes his wife and grandkids. :)

He doesn't have grandkids, yet ;)
    He does still recognize his kids, though. I really love writing him right now, but I do pity his situation.
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy to tell you all that I've just posted my very first chapter of my second story: Ashley Mercurio, The Highlander Crest Legacy

Please check it out if you'd like to! <3
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Great update. J is sweet even if he forgets so much.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    J reminds me of a lot of people in my family, we have a history of dementia on my mother's side and it can be quite difficult when you see that your own family members don't recognize you anymore.
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Oh, this is heartbreaking. I can't say I have experience with this illness, but from what I've heard about it, it sounds so hard. I'm glad Sophia isn't treating J any differently--I think some people in her shoes might be freaked out. She's very understanding, which is great. I also really love that you're writing about something I haven't seen in much of the SimLit I've read. Awesome update!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Great update. J is sweet even if he forgets so much.

Thank you so much :blush:
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    J reminds me of a lot of people in my family, we have a history of dementia on my mother's side and it can be quite difficult when you see that your own family members don't recognize you anymore.

I myself have seen someone fighting with Alzheimer's decease. Isn't dementia the worst?
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Oh, this is heartbreaking. I can't say I have experience with this illness, but from what I've heard about it, it sounds so hard. I'm glad Sophia isn't treating J any differently--I think some people in her shoes might be freaked out. She's very understanding, which is great. I also really love that you're writing about something I haven't seen in much of the SimLit I've read. Awesome update!

It's a subject that I have been confronted with when my grandfather had Alzheimer's decease. Writing about is feels really good. :blush:
    Oh, sorry @Sterretjeee ! I was kinda tired when I was writing that, I really meant kids.
    Oh, sorry @Sterretjeee ! I was kinda tired when I was writing that, I really meant kids.

It's fine, I do it all the time ;)
    2.11 Popping

20_2_16_13_35_54.png

"Hi, honey. How was your day?" Blue tenderly kissed Sophia's cheek. Both were still wearing their work uniforms. "It was exciting! They don't let me do much, yet. But I'm really getting the hang of it. Mostly they'll just let me assist at crime-scenes or plant me behind a desk to do administration." She says. "Most of them don't really take me serious, but this elder woman, Candy, she actually let's me interact with criminals." Blue strikes a lock of purple hair out of her face while Sophia's eyes lit up. "And you don't believe what happened when I did so!"

20_2_16_13_27_40.png

"One of these inmates was acting all angry and tough, spitting at detectives and screaming at her cellmates. I was asked to search her, because my colleagues suspected she was hiding something. And she was, right under her armpit, in the seam of her jumper a pink dollhouse-doll was hid. At first I suspected it to be cover for a weapon of some kind, but soon I realised this woman was just really trying to hide a doll!"

20_2_16_13_37_21.png

Blue and Sophia laughed together, the police-station was a whole lot more exciting than the laboratory where Blue worked. Sophia turned her head to the kitchen. "Shall I cook tonight?" She asked at the sight of Avery wrestling with a big soup pan, Jameson tugging her shirt with a whole lot of questions. "No thank you, dear." Avery smiled. Sophia then felt Blue's hand on her cheek. "We're going out for dinner tonight." He said smiling at Sophia. "We are?" She asked, making her already big eyes even bigger." Blue took a step closer to her. "Yes, nothing fancy though. Slip into something comfortable and then we'll head out." Sophia shot another concerned glance at the kitchen before agreeing.

19_2_16_14_37_17.png

"That place has a really good cook!" Sophia said as she and Blue drop down at a bench in the park. They had gone for a walk after finishing their meal and Sophia couldn't shut up about the food they had the entire way, much to Blue's delight. "I'm glad you liked it!" He said, staring at her dreamily. They really had been together for a long time now and Blue was still very much in love with her. "Liked it? Blue, it was amazing!"

19_2_16_14_38_09.png

Softly Blue felt Sophia's lips press against his. "I love you." She murmured under her breath. "I love you to." Blue said in between a breath pause. Once pulling apart they were both giggling. "Let's spare our audience the pda." Blue said jokingly. The first time they kissed had been right in front of the bench they were sitting at. That had also been the day and place they had started their relationship. Many more kisses had followed after that.

19_2_16_14_41_40.png

Soon the sun started to set, people were exiting the park left and right. Yet Blue kept procrastinating their leave. Making up excuses and tickling Sophia back in place. Together they cuddled on the bench a little more. "Blue.." Sophia started again. "We have work tomorrow. We can't go to bed too late." She quietly shook her head. "I love this, but we need to take responsibility." Softly she stood up again and Blue actually let her this time, standing up himself.

19_2_16_14_43_25.png

Sophia was about to walk away when Blue dropped down on one knee. "Wait!" He said hastily. "Sophia!" She looked at him in shock. Was this real? "We've been together so long now." Blue started. "Every day I think of how lucky I am to have you. How lucky I am that we share so much of our lives." He swallowed, looking up to her doe-eyes. "How lucky I am to find someone so precious and beautiful. So full of humour and love." Softly his eyes became glassy. "You're so perfect."

19_2_16_14_43_54.png

"Will you marry me, Sophia?" Blue asked after pulling a ring out of his pocket. He had been planning this for a month or two now. Romantic dinner, walk through the gardens. He really wanted this to be something special. "Blue.." Sophia's eyes now also started to water up. "I...I..." She was searching for words, but not a moment left Blue in fear.

19_2_16_14_44_26.png

"Yes, I do!" She said. Softly Blue took her hand and shove the ring around her finger, before getting up. "I... This is so unexpected!" Sophia whispered, staring at her finger like it would explode or something. "It's not too early, right?" Blue asked worried. "Because..." But Sophia shook her head. "No, no, no!" She said, softly smiling. "It's right on time, I want this more than anything!" Blue's entire face lit up as he heard her say that. "But, you know. We haven't.. Woohoo'ed or anything." Sophia said, her entire face turning red. Blue took her head in his hands and pushed her against his chest. "And we don't have to, not until we're both ready." He whispered, stroking her hair.

19_2_16_14_46_35.png

"You're so sweet..." Sophia mumbled, ever since she had been eleven she made a promise with herself to safe herself for marriage. She never knew why exactly, but Blue didn't mind. He had planted a kiss on her nose after she told him, calling her 'precious' and 'full self-respect'. And up to this day, up to an engagement! He had never made a problem out of it. Sophia knew for sure, she wanted to spend eternity with this man.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Such a sweet couple. We need a quick wedding cause we wanna have some babies :love:
    What would a classmate of me say in this situation: Fix zom.
    Or in English without a dialect: Sure together :)
    Marialein wrote: »
    Such a sweet couple. We need a quick wedding cause we wanna have some babies :love:
    What would a classmate of me say in this situation: Fix zom.
    Or in English without a dialect: Sure together :)

I think they are the slowest sims ever :lol:
    I really like that saying :blush:
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Aw! There goes my heart. :heart: They are just too cute together!!
    Aw! There goes my heart. :heart: They are just too cute together!!

Thank you! :blush:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Just caught up. Aww my heart breaks for J and Aver, so sad about his condition, but you wrote it very well. At least now we have the wedding to look forward to. Blue and Sophia continue to be adorable :)