Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Zabeth0 Thank you, I have great fun playing in this world. I love mods though so I upped her skills alot haha.
    Great last update of yours.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2016
    Just swinging by with this lengthy update on Evie. I'm stuck at the library since we're having power issues today, though they'll hopefully be fixed soon, but I dunno. But I should use most of my time here productively, but I might swing back for comments later or tomorrow maybe, hopefully from home but if not I'll be back here.

I also found out this morning that my grandpa's wife passed away overnight. She was basically the closest I've had to a grandma in years (one died when I was 4 and the other is like an old distant friend now, she always cancels when we try to see her and phone calls aren't common), lovely lady and wonderful part of the family. I've been distracted basically since finding out so it hasn't fully hit me yet, I imagine it'll be rough when it does.

So yeah, I dunno, I'll hopefully pop by later or tomorrow, but I dunno so much going on we'll see (all the more reason to check in though and see people's sims and stuff that makes me happy.)

It was Evie, and of course Mae’s, 18th birthday so Alex had flown in to visit for the occasion. It was also, being only 6 days after Valentine’s day, their Valentines celebration. Alex had gotten in at almost 1am, so they’d slept in late and packed up a picnic lunch to take with them on a leisurely stroll through the park. It was all they really had planned for their Valentine’s date, they didn’t need much just to be together. They had the club with Mae in the evening anyway as birthday celebrations, so something more laid back was welcomed.

“So, I can’t believe I forgot to ask… I was just so exhausted and out of it I guess, but how was the doctor’s yesterday?” Alex asked as they sat in the park with their picnic lunch.
    3703652_orig.png

Half the time Evie didn’t even get to leave the doctor’s office before there was a text from Alex asking about it, he was having a difficult time being so far away while she was pregnant so he made a fuss over getting every detail he could.

“Oh. Yeah. Still going as it should. But”

“What but? I don’t like buts.”

“It’s not a bad thing. I just need to know if you can come back in 2 weeks so we can find out what we’re having. If not we’ll set up to find out another time.”

“Oh, already? Wow. But yeah, I’ll be here.”

“It’s getting exciting, isn’t it? Soon we’ll know what we’re having, I can’t wait to start doing the nursery and buying clothes and stuff. I see so much cute stuff but it’s hard to buy so much of it when I don’t know if it’s for a boy or girl. And soon they’ll start kicking and it’s just exciting, it’s starting to really seem real now, you know?”

“Hmm…Yeah, I guess.” He frowned.

Evie realized that he might not be there when the baby first kicked, or for most of the process of setting up the nursery. “And soon you’ll be home.”

Home. It seemed weird to say, wonderful but weird. It was, of course something they’d already been considering, him moving in, but it became a done deal once they found out she was pregnant. They hadn’t really been together long and it seemed so soon, but there with her was his home.

“I can’t wait.” He smiled and kissed her.
    6873193_orig.png

They laid down on the ground, Evie resting her head on Alex’s stomach and stayed there chatting for a couple hours until it was time to go home and get ready for the club. The club she didn’t even really want to go to, but that she would endure so she didn’t ruin Mae’s day. It had always been their plan for their 18th birthday, to go to the club and get drunk and have a good time, a standard rite of passage for any 18 year old. But Evie couldn’t drink so it took much of the fun out of that idea, though with Alex there it might not be so bad.
    1718159_orig.png

Evie and Alex arrived back at the house to find Mae leaning back on the front door.
    “Mae? What’s wrong?” Evie asked walking up to Mae and helping her to her feet.

“Julianne dumped me.”

“What? Today?”

Mae nodded.

“I’m so sorry,” Evie hugged Mae and let her cry on her shoulder for a few minutes. “I’m so going to kick her butt if I see her again though. On your birthday? Ugh, I hate her."
    2211010_orig.png

Truth be told, Evie hadn’t foreseen their relationship going well, but she’d never would have said that to Mae and definitely wasn’t about to. And when they’d been going out for a while and gotten engaged she’d though maybe she was wrong, and hoped she was.

“So, club now then?” It was a bit early, but justifiable if Mae wanted to go get drunk already.

“God, yes.”

“Okay, just let me go get ready. Go make yourself comfortable this might still take a while. I have ice cream, help yourself… just don’t eat it *all* or I’ll go all crazy pregnant lady on you.”

“It’s rather convenient that pregnancy cravings and breakup comfort food are the same thing, isn’t it?” Mae laughed and wandered inside headed for the kitchen.

Evie went to search though her wardrobe, she hadn’t even picked what to wear yet, she dreaded doing so. Hardly anything fit anymore, she really needed to go maternity shopping, and most of what did fit was just baggy sweaters and not club worthy. But she eventually settled on a purple dress, it was too snug around the stomach but she had to accept that was becoming unavoidable.

Alex had to help her zip it up, while she frowned at her reflection in the mirror. “Ugh, I look fat and gross. I don’t even belong at the club, clearly, what am I even doing.”

“You look beautiful.” Alex said finishing up with the zipper and kissing her on the cheek.

“No, I don’t. I mean look at this,” she placed a hand on her stomach.

Alex wrapped his arms around to her stomach, too, “You look beautiful to me. This is our baby, it’s not fat, and it’s amazing.”
    5999504_orig.png

“You’re lying, but thanks.”

“Hey, I’m flying out to see you 3 weekends in a row, I can’t get enough of you and how beautiful you are. I’d also rather be unzipping that dress than zipping it up... you're still hot in my eyes.'”

“Hmm… I’ll remember that later. When I get home, but I should go get Mae out of here… I have a feeling all my ice cream will disappear if don’t.”

“Hurry back.” They’d decided it was best for Alex to stay behind so Evie could focus more on Mae and trying to make her feel better.

Evie shook her head but smiled and went to find Mae.
    ---
    Mae downed her first drink within minutes of getting to the club and not feeling any better quickly downed another. And ordered a 3rd. Evie convinced her to slow down and to eat something as well, the ordered a feast of food, at least it was something Evie could have… probably better than alcohol too at least for her hungry pregnant belly. Food that was horribly unhealthy too that she didn’t eat too much of anymore, but it was her birthday she was allowed to pig out on delicious fried food.
    8651477_orig.png

Mae drunkenly dragged Evie out to the dance floor later, she’d rather have been going home to bed, being pregnant was making it difficult for her to be out so late even though she was so used to it from her career, but it was good to see Mae having a good time, so she followed. And it wasn’t like she could leave Mae alone anyway, she was way too drunk and would need a way home. She could drag Mae home kicking and screaming but it wasn’t worth it
    6551009_orig.png

“We should find you a new girl.” Evie shouted over the music and laughed, she knew Mae wouldn’t be ready for that but she hoped to get a laugh out of it anyway “lots to pick from here”

“I bet they’re all straight.” Mae slurred back, “I should try this bisexual thing like you and Nolan. Double my chances.” She smiled slightly, probably the most Evie was going to get out of her.

“Don’t bother. I’m not sure most guys are worth it.” Evie thought of all the guys that tried to hit on her on pretty much a daily basis and how it took way too much effort to get them to leave her alone.

“Yours is though.”

“Yeah he is, I got lucky.”

“And we get the Juliannes. I don’t think women are any better.”

Speaking of the devil, Evie eyed Julianne of to the side of the dance floor. She had no idea what she was going to say or do, but she wasn’t going to let Julianne get away with what she did. “I’ll be back. Just stay here, keep dancing. Or actually, go back and get us more Nachos. I want Nachos.” It wasn’t untrue, she was hungry again, or still, and Nachos sounded good but mostly she wanted to distract Mae so she didn’t see Julianne.

Once Mae headed off towards the bar Evie stomped off towards Julianne, who just watched her calmly, way too calmly… she had to know Evie wasn’t just going over to say hi.

“What is wrong with you?!” Evie had to clench her fists at her side too keep from slapping Julianne.
    7437300_orig.png

“What?”

What? She had to clench her fists even tighter, Julianne knew what. “You dumped Mae!”

Julianne’s voice was calm, “So, I don’t love her, it’s what you do when you don’t love someone.” She shrugged.

How could she be so calm? Evie’s blood was boiling. “You were supposed to get married in a week, you couldn’t figure that out sooner? And it’s her birthday you couldn’t at least wait one day to not mess up her birthday. God, it supposed to be a happy day and she’s miserable as hell… you hurt her. You better be grateful that I don’t hurt you back, and worse.”

“I didn’t mean to hurt her. I just got freaked out with the wedding so close, too freaked out, I knew it just wasn’t right. I just don’t love her, not enough anyway.”

Evie snorted. “Whatever. How can you not love her? She’s beautiful, and smart, and so out of your league but she loves you anyway.” Evie almost regretted her words, Julianne had been her best friend for so many years and she used to be amazing and totally worthy of Mae, but that Julianne had vanished a while back and was slipping further away. Besides, if she had to take sides, it would always be Mae’s side.

“Because I love you.” Julianne screamed finally ditching her too calm voice.

“What?” Evie thought back to the time Julianne had tried to kiss her under the mistletoe, that was the only sign she’d ever noticed that Julianne had any feelings for her and she thought that had long since passed…just a teenage crush passing when something new came along, not something big enough to end an engagement.

“I love you. Going out with her was a stupid idea, I only liked her because she made me think of you. I lied to even myself and said that wasn’t why, but it was.”

“I…” Evie was at a loss for words. How do you respond to that?

Julianne was staring awkwardly to Evie’s side. Evie had a bad feeling and turned to look where Julianne was staring.
    Mae stood there for a moment, tears welling up in her eyes, before turning and running out of the building. Evie sighed and started after her. She was not wearing the right shoes for running and she was too tired, but she didn’t like the idea of Mae running off to some unknown location drunk and upset.
    6942991_orig.png

Luckily Mae was still outside, stumbling too much over her own feet to make it far.

“Stay away from me!” Mae yelled as Evie caught up. “I hate you.

“No” Evie grabbed Mae’s arm and started pulling her towards the street where her car was parked. “Look you don’t have to talk to me right now. But I’m taking you away from here, away from her.”

“I’m fine on my own, I'll go home myself.”

“No, you’re too drunk. I’m taking you back to my place so I know you’ll be safe for the night.”

“Take me home, to mom and dad.”

“No. We’re going to talk in the morning.” Evie paused for a moment while she fiddled with her phone. “Besides I don’t know about taking you home to mom and dad like this, you’re a mess. And I just texted mom to tell her you’re staying with me tonight. So it’s too late to argue.”

Mae rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath but climbed in the car anyway
    9719547_orig.png

“Also, don’t throw up in here, or I’ll kill you. Keep the window down or something.” Evie was half joking to make Mae laugh, though half serious too and lacked the conviction to make it sound like a joke. She’d just bought herself a Corvette as her birthday present to herself, her sister drunkenly vomiting in it was not something she wanted.

“You already stabbed me in the back. You of all people, the person I trusted most, that wound goes deep. You may as well just kill me.”

Evie just drove off in silence. She didn’t know what to say to Mae, hopefully she’d figure it out by morning and hopefully Mae would be calm and sober enough to listen by then.
    5841611_orig.png

Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Guys, we had severe weather yesterday with tornadoes hitting my area. Power is still out. I am ok and so is my house but some of my neighbors are not so lucky.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

edited February 2016
    double post

• Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    2nd Zolnikov Christmas Special: (Part Twelve)

It was the night before Christmas:

38sco.jpg

Zelda: "Just one sequined frame, I don't want to overdo it. The stupiid cell phone smeared our faces together, but whatever, I guess it's symbolic or some crap like that. Anyway, last Christmas was mine and your daddy's first Christmas together, and now it's really exciting to have you two babies to start doing Christmas things for! Looks like your brother is planning on sticking around after all, so maybe soon we'll be able to relax enough to get some pictures of him up here too. If you're wondering why I put you in your pajammas so early, Stacy, it's because Daddy wants you to get lots of sleep tonight...I'm totally not the one sending you to bed early...in fact I'm not going to put you in the crib at all, if Daddy wants it done, he's going to do it himself... I'm not sure what your Daddy is planning, Stace-zilla, but maybe he's planning on getting you a little sister started so Mommy's not pregnant or recovering from having a baby next Christmas and it's way more fun for everyone."

29e7wn.jpg

Zelda:"Oh, my little monster, I'm so so sorry, but if you hang in there, Christmas will be so fun you'll look forward to it all year long. Wrapping paper and presents and cookies and silly songs that make no sense, we'll make ginger bread houses...and ginger bread sky scrapers for you to knock over...and little sugar cookie planes and tanks for you to eat, with red and orange fruit roll ups for fire! It'll be great fun. But for now...try to be tired, if you go to sleep you'll hardly even notice... the bars. But Mommy'll check on you later, and if I find you're still awake, I'll sing you to sleep, okay?"

10zvmg7.jpg

Rafael: Her eyes were drooping and she was yawning from time to time, which was very good for his plan.

2qwiiyr.jpg

Rafael: Of course, his daughter had willpower, and could fight off sleep...normally. Of course, he had prepared for this contingency.

fxttt2.jpg

Rafael: He had a load of laundry to move to the drier for just this reason.

34tcp4w.jpg

Rafael: Zelda seemed to think that the reason he ran the drier when Stacy was crying in her crib was to drown out her cries...but that was not true. Even as a baby, Anastasia had always stopped crying to listen to the mechanical rhythm.

15wnypt.jpg

Rafael: He ran the drier because it lulled her to sleep.
    @And it is on: Lol- could anybody? ;) Oh, wow, yeah, I hope you figure that out! :D

@Silver: Thanks. :D

@Dreamerz: Ouch. That sounds so sudden! My condolences. I can understand wanting some healthy escapism!

What a lovely picnic, and a nice subdued Valentine's celebration, it's probably a great break for them both. :D Lol @ "What but? I don't like buts."

Wow- what a triangle! And of course, Mae had to find them and be there at the worst time! 0.0

"You already stabbed me in the back." Hey, Mae, Evie didn't make Juliane dump you...Juliane dated you for the wrong reasons, discovered her mistake and is a mess trying to deal with it...it's not your fault, but there is no fixing it easily, Juliane is pining for someone she can't have. And Evie just found out like you did! (Of course, Mae's too drunk for that to make sense at the moment, I'm sure!) I'm glad Evie didn't let her stumble off into the night, and is taking her home. (Hopefully Alex takes this gracefully).

@Venus: Tornadoes can be very terrifying things and I'm sure it was scary, it coming so close! I'm glad you're alright. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors. I hope they get the power on to you soon. :D
    @dreamerz13 Im sorry for your loss hugs. And wow great update I loved it.

@venusdemilosims Whoa, living in north sweden we do not get tornadoes here so can not even imagine what that is like hugs.

@Zabeth0 Great update again

Here is my newest update

[img][/img]Screenshot-41_zpshihntosk.jpg

London could not find any merman of her own, so I did the cheat " make me know everyone" and then
    called him so they could get to know eachother haha. This is Triton before I edited him.

[img][/img]Screenshot-42_zpszrsiptd3.jpg

After editing, now more to my liking ehrm I mean Londons liking ofcourse haha.

[img][/img]Screenshot-43_zpshlzdy7w5.jpg

They chatted alot

[img][/img]Screenshot-45_zpspidvuclo.jpg

Had her give him flowers, which he loved

[img][/img]Screenshot-44_zpsitnwdmfw.jpg

Flirting going on

[img][/img]Screenshot-48_zpssbje3gno.jpg

uhm yeah haha

[img][/img]Screenshot-50_zpsu6sagwn6.jpg

Theyg got invited to a party which she spent chatting on the phone at lol

[img][/img]Screenshot-49_zps74ea0piv.jpg

Beeing merman he went to swim haha

that is all

@Silver: Thanks. :D Triton looks much better with shorter hair and more color. :D Things seem to be going well. :D
    edited February 2016
    Spent the night at my mom's she has power ;) Thanks for the well-wishes.

@dreamerz13 My condolences to you on your loss. Losing a loved one is always tough.
    Ugh what a mess. When I first read about Julianne dating Evie's twin sister I dreaded something like this happening. But I'd hoped that with the appearance of Alex it wouldn't be the case. Ugh, just, what a mess. Hurt feelings all around. Hope the sisters can work things out.

@Zabeth0 That flu needs to stop liking you and just disappear! Lol Thankfully, the month is turning and my cough is sort of disappearing, but the tornado has left other issues.
    Love the sequined picture frames. I could never get my pic frames in any sort of patterns. Lol at Rafael knowing what would put his daughter to sleep. The dryer spinning can actually be oddly soothing.
    Kind of reminds me of Sebastian, as like Rafael and his daughter, both Sebastian and his daughter are geniuses. One thing Sebastian can be credited for (among his many faults) is he didn't make any attempts to change who Kaydence was. He didn't stop her from developing her interest in science, he allowed her flights of fancy into her imaginary world (but he didn't know how deep this was), though he wanted her to follow him into show business (which was pretty natural), he didn't make it a demand or requirement. Kaydence went into show business because it was in her blood and because she inherited just enough of Madison's nature to do so.

Screenshot-68_zpsvvgsfxzj.jpg

Savannah, of course, may well have been prescient regarding her youngest daughter Skylar's future. There is, of course, a precedent in the family, and though Skylar doesn't have any musicians in her immediate family, they are all over her extended. There wasn't a time when Skylar wasn't performing, and now Andy and Savannah relented and placed her in the performing arts school. Andy and Savannah are not stage parents, they have no reason to be, and they are not living vicariously through her as both of them lived full lives of their own. What has happened is Savannah has found something that makes Skylar happy.
    Savannah's upbringing explains a lot of the choices she made with her own children.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the well-wishes. Where I live we don't get a lot of snow, either, so we're even. ;) Anyway, London's new man is lovely, hope it works out for them.

Today is 'Throwback Thursday.' I was looking through my Photobucket account (I'm on my laptop, no power at my house still) and found some old pix.

Screenshot-173_zpspwmqooqi.jpg

In one of my recent updates, I told you guys that Savannah and her mother Shandra had a very difficult relationship. They clashed for years over Savannah's lack of interest in the life she was born to. Shandra hated Savannah's choice to be an adventurer and writer and wanted her daughter to have 'a nice safe desk job.' The madam wasn't exactly typical, either, as she, an avid gardener, grew most of her children's food from the time they were small clear up until they grew up.

Screenshot-113_zpsnk9qwidw.jpg

Mrs. Jolina-Plumb insisted on this diet even when Savannah wanted to try other foods.

Screenshot-112_zpsikegolpb.jpg

Shandra Jolina-Plumb hated everything about Savannah - the way she dressed, behaved, and acted. The main reason the two clashed, of course, was because they were more alike than they were different.

Screenshot-115%202_zpsctaiuhox.jpg

This continued clear up to the day Savannah said 'I do' to her husband, Andy, which occurred in a little chapel along a winding road in Sunset Valley. Savannah was sure to pick a traditional white gown, but she chose Egyptian themed accessories.

Screenshot-103_zps9bnafxxs.jpg

Of course, it didn't help that Savannah was Daddy's little girl, either. As the only one of Nathan's children to have inherited his blond hair and pale complexion, Savannah was clearly his favorite. Often, Nathan would unwittingly undermine Shandra's attempts to rein Savannah in.
    Nathan's attitude regarding Savannah's profession was similarly laid back. What his daughter did for a living was indeed shocking, and became more so as she got older. Basically, as long as she was happy, he was happy.

Screenshot-133_zpsbk4ultgq.jpg

On the day Savannah married Andy, they shared the father-daughter dance and spent the evening reminiscing about her childhood -

Screenshot-200_zpsselihfud.jpg

- a childhood she'd spent running across the backyard with him.

Screenshot-138_zpsnldan938.jpg

At the wedding Nathan had also tried to give an education to his then-teenage son Sebastian (yes this is the future father of Kaydence).

Screenshot-141_zpsbt0ewnlp.jpg

Already there is clear evidence of the grade-A charmer and major movie star he would become as he danced to the wedding music.

Screenshot-134_zpsucpioz2d.jpg

Also guests at the wedding were the two children Savannah had adopted from Egypt before marrying Andy, Imsety and Satis, who were happily conversing in their native Arabic about their homework.

Screenshot-310_zpsgytqrmnp.jpg

The children were adjusting okay-ish to their new life with their new mom, and she had to adjust to life with them, too.

Screenshot-124%202_zpslyo2qb93.jpg

The bride broke out in a guitar ditty...

Screenshot-120%202_zpsmnntahcl.jpg

...and enjoyed her first dance with her new husband.

Screenshot-117%202_zpsnyuwcrov.jpg

The wedding had shocked the entire town, given Savannah's wild past, and what would be even more shocking would be what would come for the couple. They're, of course, still together, and still madly in love.

Post edited by venusdemilosims on

Well back at the library again. I swear getting our electric company to come out ugh such a pain, we're not even totally sure they can solve our problem, we're pretty certain their meter thingy is failing and cutting out, but it could be our wiring which is going to be a nightmare (okay still solvable but more time consuming). This isn't a bad way to spend my day though, I don't uncommonly come here anyway... it's kinda nice.

*and I just realized I messed up my photos yesterday, they're fixed now. *sigh* I blame the glare on my screen yesterday, I couldn't see what I was doing XD. They need curtains or blinds or something here.

Guys, we had severe weather yesterday with tornadoes hitting my area. Power is still out. I am ok and so is my house but some of my neighbors are not so lucky.

That sounds scary, severe weather is not fun to have to deal with. Glad you're okay though. Hopefully they get your power sorted soon, glad you were able to stay at your mom's though where there's power. Hopefully the weather is all settled now too.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's slightly concerning when somebody jumps into a relationship with somebody who looks just like whoever just turned them down. Not typically a good sign. Though they honestly seemed to be doing pretty good, but story progression got them... and honestly I always imagined it getting ugly anyway.

Nice throwback pictures, always fun to see those, nice to see a bit of Savannah's background.

Zabeth0 wrote: »
    2nd Zolnikov Christmas Special: (Part Twelve)

It was the night before Christmas:

38sco.jpg

Zelda: "Just one sequined frame, I don't want to overdo it. The stupiid cell phone smeared our faces together, but whatever, I guess it's symbolic or some crap like that. Anyway, last Christmas was mine and your daddy's first Christmas together, and now it's really exciting to have you two babies to start doing Christmas things for! Looks like your brother is planning on sticking around after all, so maybe soon we'll be able to relax enough to get some pictures of him up here too. If you're wondering why I put you in your pajammas so early, Stacy, it's because Daddy wants you to get lots of sleep tonight...I'm totally not the one sending you to bed early...in fact I'm not going to put you in the crib at all, if Daddy wants it done, he's going to do it himself... I'm not sure what your Daddy is planning, Stace-zilla, but maybe he's planning on getting you a little sister started so Mommy's not pregnant or recovering from having a baby next Christmas and it's way more fun for everyone."

It's interesting to see how different they can each be with Anastasia, I suppose that's typical though. There is something nice and soothing about the rhythm of the dryer... so long as you're not the one folding things when it's done anyway XD, so to a toddler yeah, nice and soothing.

Thanks. Yeah, it was really sudden and unexpected, I mean she's had health problems recently but she was getting better. I heard "i've got bad news" from my mom and honestly thought it was my grandpa... that would have made way more sense (still sucked majorly of course though).

Yeah Mae is just way too drunk for logic, but that still may not come easier in the morning she's also hurting a lot... and she's kind of hot-headed in the first place and is good at just being angry and picking fights.

@dreamerz13 Im sorry for your loss hugs. And wow great update I loved it.

Thanks. And thanks, again.

Triton looks better with your makeover, he's actually not a bad looking sim in the first place minus the paleness and that hair. Nice to see him and London getting along.

Alrighty, off to raid the library of all their books and music XD. I'll be hanging around being unproductive all day probably... just doesn't feel like a productive kind of day. XD.
    edited February 2016
    Still at my mom's and there's still no power at my place. No word when power will be restored, since the tornado hit two streets away from where I live and it's just a tangled mess there. Pretty much looks like a war zone.

@dreamerz13 Ugh story progression... well you got to work with what it gives you sometimes. Lol. And the sisters were building a pretty good relationship now, too. What a shame. Just hope they can figure out some way to work things out.

Excuse these pics they are ancient...and from my old blogger account. Here's some more from Savannah's wedding and more about her relationship with her mother.

Screenshot-2542_zpsshtuyj9v.jpg

After the ceremony, just Savannah and her mother remained in the chapel. Savannah had changed into the dress she would be wearing for the reception. (I had picked out a different dress after I married the couple)
    “Savannah Rachel,” Shandra Jolina-Plumb began in a hushed, halting voice, tears streaming down her face. “My Savannah Rachel – I never believed this day would come.”
    “What day?”
    “The day you’d wed. At one point I thought you’d never marry.”
    “What made you think that?”
    “Seriously, Savannah, you weren’t exactly rushing to the altar.”
    “Neither did you," Savannah shot back, "It took forever for you and Dad to tie the knot.”
    “Well that was because of him, not me. The moment you were born I wanted to marry him but I was willing to wait until he was ready to commit.”
    “To be frank, I’m not sure I would have waited as long as you did.”
    Savannah managed a chuckle. “Okay, Savannah, you got me there.”

Screenshot-2565_zpsjrvadk4a.jpg

She decided to change the subject. “You know, Savannah, that’s an – interesting – choice of attire for a wedding.”
    “We are not going to go through this right now, not on my wedding night and CERTAINLY not in front of my daughter!” Savannah shouted, realizing that Satis was standing right beside her. “If I’m not mistaken, it’s MY wedding, and I have the prerogative to do as I please, and that includes my clothing.”

Screenshot-2572_zpsojidecxk.jpg

“Don’t you think you’ve taken this Egypt obsession a little too far, Savannah?” she asked me. “Most people go on foreign trips, they come back with memories of that trip and that’s pretty much it. Not you – nooooo. You wrote a book about it, your room at home is full of Egyptian decor, you chose Egyptian music for this wedding, you even adopted two Egyptian kids and hired an Egyptian nanny.”
    “Mother, I can take grief about my own personal choices, but you can be d--n sure that I am not going to allow you to disparage my daughter’s homeland in front of her!”
    Savannah told Satis to join her brother at the reception but she wouldn't leave. “You have to understand, mother, that the moment my feet touched the ground there I became a completely different person. That trip changed my entire life, in so many ways."

Savannah wrote back then:
    My mother, try as she may, is not going to change who I am. She didn’t succeed when I was growing up and she is not going to now.

More here: Savannah's wedding day tiff with mom

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had some internet issues and got stuck uploading pictures.I've also still got the flu and haven't fully recovered yet.
    @Dylan.Walsh -Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great updates!
    @SweetieKaye -Great pictures!
    @Zabeth0 -Hi there!I gave Tad a big clothing makeover for her fifth birthday and my sims have eaten bad food before though it just went bad just before they got leftovers out to eat.That sign is great and it's from MTS and used to mark empty homes for sale.Great update!
    @and-it-is-on -I would send the computer to a repair shop if I couldn't get onto a user account to run it.
    @dreamerz13 -You had power cutting out and I had internet glitching out.I've also lost some family recently because an uncle had died.Great update!I'd have to move out if it's the wiring and find somewhere with working power.We had a huge proble with a flooded basememt once after I tried taking a shower and turned it into an indoor swimming pool.
    @venusdemilosims -I hope things weren't too bad for you.Great pictures!I still remeber that mess when we were without power and would've had to be evacutaled if it had continued.
    Here's an update on Wildcat Canyon's Park upgrade.I was playing Sims 2.
    Here's a food replicator being added to the park for hungry visitors.
    25226611775_6d17ff2cc7_c.jpg
    I added a Modded visitor controller to control how many visitors came there.
    24595958664_287315b513_c.jpg
    I added two more food replicators.
    25133410731_62e3a3fa8f_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @dreamerz13 I agree he is one of the good premade sims that look good, so did not had to change much.

@venusdemilosims Great udpate again, and yeah hehe we have to much snow here.

@Zabeth0 Thank you

@TadOlson Thanks, gret update

Here is the rest of screenshots I have left to share for now.

[img][/img]Screenshot-40_zpsjej3amdx.jpg

London had a swim in the dark.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpsljjaabqu.jpg

Thigns has gone really well so yeah they are expecting a baby

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zpse2snosyc.jpg

London walking about at home.

[img][/img]Screenshot-7_zpsfnqfa6d5.jpg

Welcome to their new baby daughter

[img][/img]Screenshot-39_zpsjtz1zxgf.jpg

was moving camera around while London was snorkeling and found the first ever unicorn I have seen ing ame hehe.

Thats al lfor now

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I'm back after lurking in the background, taking care of my daughter who had a ski accident last week. We spent a whole day at the ER, finally the exams were all right (risk of injury to the spleen), but she had to be kept Under observation for a while. She's all right now, and will be back on her skis -scaring the hell out of me again- next week...

Great updates everyone!

@dreamerz13 Ouch! That hurts... :s But Mae will get over it, you can't decide over another person's feelings... When I was a teen, my best friend's boyfriend confessed the same thing to me, and it was really awkward. I didn't know if I should tell her, she was so in love. But finally I had a talk with her boyfriend instead, and he broke up with her. She was a wreck for quite some time, but got over it and understood I had nothing to do with his feelings for me. So it ended well.

@Zabeth0 So true! A drier or any washing mashine is like sleeping on a train - without the shaking! :) Stacey will have lots of wonderful Christmas memories, I can smell the gingerbread from here! :) Zelda keeps her hopes up about getting another child... She'll better recover a little...

@TadOlson i see you're still having fun with TS2! :)

@venusdemilosims Haha! They are at each other's throats even at the wedding! Ah those Jolina-Plumbs... ;)

@Silverofdreams30 Congrats to London's baby! :) She's beautiful. What's her name?
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited February 2016
    Power just got restored late last night and I spent all day running around taking care of things at the house.

@Silverofdreams30 Congrats to London and Triton on the birth of their daughter!

@jillbg Yep, Savannah and her mom came to blows at her wedding. These folks didn't just become dysfunctional with Kaydence's generation. And Savannah's mom has more secrets...

@venusdemilosims Haha! Celebrities... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited February 2016
    @jillbg Yep, sims and real life are pretty much the same. This woman is Savannah and Sebastian's mother, Nathan's widow, and Skylar, Sierra, and Kaydence's grandmother. You can see, then, how Savannah made the choices she did regarding her own kids.

Here's what happened the day after Savannah's wedding, when her mother summoned her to the mansion.

Screenshot-2862_zpsq1xseer1.jpg

Savannah wrote:
    I’ve known for awhile that [my mother] has been harboring secrets about her heritage – and, in turn, mine and Sebastian’s. For as much as I am my father’s daughter, I am too also hers. I’ve known for awhile that these secrets have caused her great pain, and these are things that she didn’t even tell my father – and I’m still not sure she has told him.

Savannah's mother to Savannah the day after the wedding:

“I met your father when we were both trying out for the Sunset Valley Orchestra. I was simply looking forward to something to do. I was certain that he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but he wasn’t as confident, and neither was your Aunt Margaret, especially given that I am older than he is. People thought your father was ‘weird’ and ‘spacey,’ but I was especially intrigued when he’d told me that he’d once entertained the Grim Reaper himself.

“I did two things when I got pregnant. The first thing was, since your father wanted a daughter so badly, I ate three watermelons in succession, as I’d learned that eating them increased the chances for a girl child. And then, since I didn’t want to be an old lady training a toddler, I called upon my prior knowledge of herbs and fish to go to the cemetery and cook the recipe. The recipe has the power to temporarily reverse aging. I also made enough for your father, as well as your Aunt Margaret. Without it she would not have lived to see you grow up.”
    “I got pregnant again for the sole purpose of bringing forth another ambrosial – and I chose your father as the sire. In my mind’s eye, he was perfect – blond hair, blue eyes, toned physique – he looked to me like a Norse god, yet he claims not to have any Scandinavian heritage.” She laughed. “Falling in love with him, actually, was not part of the plan. But I did. I fell madly, completely, truly in love with him, and everything about him, even (and especially) his quirks. That’s why I was as willing as I was to wait for him to commit. I realized that men like your father don’t come along very often. Sure, he is eccentric and he’d be the first one to say it, and his eccentricity is a by-product of being prodigiously talented. But deep down, he is a good man, a decent man, who means well. And he thinks the world of you. I saw the same thing in Andrew, and hoped that you would marry him – and lo and behold, you did. I hope, for your sake and his, that you married him because you are madly, truly, completely in love with him, not because I wanted you to be settled.”

*Ambrosials are special sims who can make the ambrosia recipe. The ambrosia recipe allows them to live extra long lives.

I have power wooo. My dad actually called them yesterday to be like "why do you guys never show up?", it still took them until like 8:30 at night but that got them to show up.
    Still at my mom's and there's still no power at my place. No word when power will be restored, since the tornado hit two streets away from where I live and it's just a tangled mess there. Pretty much looks like a war zone.

@dreamerz13 Ugh story progression... well you got to work with what it gives you sometimes. Lol. And the sisters were building a pretty good relationship now, too. What a shame. Just hope they can figure out some way to work things out.

Wow, so close. Sounds like you got pretty lucky avoiding it though, too bad about the power and all the damage so close though hopefully cleanup and restoration go well.

It can be annoying at times lol, but I do like the drama it can throw in (not that I can't make my own but you know... sometimes a new idea is better) so I'm usually content to go with it. reminds me I still need to work in some of it's ideas XD. I'm sure they'll work it all out eventually, Mae can be difficult and they don't always get along, but they always make up in the end. And she doesn't really have reason to be upset, but she's drunk and she's already hot-headed so it's not a great mix for her.

"At one point I thought you’d never marry.” thanks, mom... jeez. lol. Poor Savannah... I'm seeing why they don't have the best relationship :/

Well, at least Savannah's mom seemed to want a good marriage for her, happy and healthy... despite the remark about thinking she'd never marry (I mean I know that doesn't mean you can't want your kid to still have a good marriage, but it just doesn't scream supportive).

TadOlson wrote: »
    @dreamerz13 -You had power cutting out and I had internet glitching out.I've also lost some family recently because an uncle had died.Great update!I'd have to move out if it's the wiring and find somewhere with working power.We had a huge proble with a flooded basememt once after I tried taking a shower and turned it into an indoor swimming pool.

I'm sorry for your loss too then. We'd just make the landlord fix it and I guess stay with friends for a bit if need be, though we plan to move out when we can and one of the reasons is that this place is old and sometimes shows it's age with things breaking but we want to wait until our lease is up to move. Oh no, plumbing issues are awful our kitchen was almost in that state not too long ago... I can get how frustrating that would have been though. And thanks.

Nice update. Looks like you're having fun with sims 2.

[img][/img]Screenshot-39_zpsjtz1zxgf.jpg

was moving camera around while London was snorkeling and found the first ever unicorn I have seen ing ame hehe.

Thats al lfor now

Beautiful. I never got to see a unicorn when I had pets, wanted to though, but it's nice to see them through other people's pictures.

jillbg wrote: »
    I'm back after lurking in the background, taking care of my daughter who had a ski accident last week. We spent a whole day at the ER, finally the exams were all right (risk of injury to the spleen), but she had to be kept Under observation for a while. She's all right now, and will be back on her skis -scaring the hell out of me again- next week...

Great updates everyone!

@dreamerz13 Ouch! That hurts... :s But Mae will get over it, you can't decide over another person's feelings... When I was a teen, my best friend's boyfriend confessed the same thing to me, and it was really awkward. I didn't know if I should tell her, she was so in love. But finally I had a talk with her boyfriend instead, and he broke up with her. She was a wreck for quite some time, but got over it and understood I had nothing to do with his feelings for me. So it ended well.

Oh no, glad she's okay. It's good she's ready to go back out skiing again though, but I understand how it would terrify you.

She will, she's just being Mae... in more intense form because she's drunk. Ugh, I'm glad I've never had to go through that... it's tough to be anybody involved in that situation honestly. I haven't done it for that, but I've had my share of the awkward situations and having to be the one to get things sorted, it sucks.
    edited February 2016
    @dreamerz13 I like the drama 'at times' but sometimes I don't like it when I don't plan it, such as when I didn't plan for Sebastian to be married, I had to go in and 'fix' things... I do hope the sisters work things out.
    Yeah, Savannah, like Mae, has a bit of a temper. She also has a bit of a wild past, as she was a rebellious teen (though not as bad as her daughter, Sierra, would be eventually), and her mother comes from a traditional background. Imagine the culture shock for Shandra, coming into Sunset Valley from Twinbrook and coming into the Jolina-Plumb lifestyle. Remember, Savannah was born to exceptional privilege, privilege that was hard-won by the work of Shandra and Nathan on the orchestra. Shandra wanted Savannah to lead a certain lifestyle, and when Savannah refused to lead that lifestyle, well, that's when trouble started... Savannah had a much better relationship with her father, Nathan, who pretty much gave her everything she wanted and then some.
    What's interesting is this is kind of repeating itself with Savannah's youngest daughter, Skylar. In game Skylar has a much better relationship with her father, Andy, who pretty much gives her the moon, the stars, and the sun.

mother%20and%20daughter_zpsq4tmnmuu.jpg

You think Madison and Kaydence have baggage? Savannah and Shandra have enough baggage to fill an entire plane.

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @jillbg -I have fun with both TS2 and TS3.I hate it when accidents happen.
    @venusdemilosims -That's great to hear power is back on for you.
    @dreamerz13 -I had a flood from trying shower instead of taking a bath because I used so much water in the shower that it would fill a swimming pool.I did manage to cause a bad flood in our basement with my shower in the tub.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Spring-1551.
    The town added a new gumball machine to their pool in the night.
    25232452715_55430c03dd.jpg
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch woke up at Garden Market and started getting ready for the day before deciding to study gardening skill online using the lot's computers.
    24864765859_af89bc2fa4.jpg
    24864762479_81e794d37f.jpg
    Tanner went out to try to harvest what she could while Tracy was still studying gardening skill on the computer.
    25114171062_3329c1a1b9.jpg
    Tracy had gone out to collect a few space rocks before heading over to their lot to clean up old papers and pay the bills.He decided to go dumpster diving when he went back to the market.
    25206135836_5da67afe52.jpg
    24605617383_33955ccdfe.jpg
    It was getting to be 5:30 in the evening when they both used the washrooms and ate salad for dinner.
    24864732019_d709bbe47a.jpg
    Tanner went to take a look at the pool after they'd both been studying fishing on their iPads.
    25114138412_805c3c6f4e.jpg
    She got back at 9PM to find Tracy in bed and got to bed herself.
    24936775900_66f738a2f0.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    2nd Zolnikov Christmas Special: (Part Thirteen)

Early Christmas Morning:

29gbxon.jpg

Rafael: It was odd, sneaking out of bed this early...on average, three days a week, he went into work at 8:30pm and came home at 2:30 am, and he usually changed clothes and showered and then snuck into bed without waking Zelda up. So, he had a reasonable expectation that he could pull this off without her knowing what he'd done until she went in to 'rescue Stacy'. He stopped to look at Dmitri sleeping peacefully on the playmat...it seemed only months ago Stacy was sleeping there...until she got too big for it and Zelda had to finally acknowledge that she was too small for a bed that she could fall off of and too big for the playmat and needed to go in a crib. And he'd tried really hard to find one that had wooden bars, not metal ones, and had them painted up innocently...but it didn't matter, because Zelda wasn't reacting to the current situation.

33afp8g.jpg

Rafael: Stacy looked happy when he woke her up, she seemed delighted to see him, almost as alert and responsive as she'd been before she'd gotten magic sense.

241m5xc.jpg

Rafael: Of course, there was no telling if she was distracted by pretty colors or if she was distracted by her magic sense...since he didn't have magic sense, he couldn't tell whether she was looking at the rainbow decoration or through the wall.

2a0apeu.jpg

Rafael: He just had to accept that there was no way to know whether she was actually paying attention at any given time or not. Though he supposed that was true with any child. "I've got a trrreat forr you this morrnink, Styacy. You get to vatch me brreak dovn yourr old crrib and assyemble yourr new vone. Von't that be fun? You gyet to see it beforre yourrr mothyerr does. And yourr new crrib, Styacy, vas designed by NASyA engyineerrs. Not decorratyed by them, but designed."

259zu5e.jpg

Rafael: "Now, Styacy, plyease jyust syit herre and vatch me vorrk on this, I prromise it von't tyake too lonk, then ve'll go out and see the Chrristmyas trree, and come byack to put you to byack to byed forr an evyentful day latyerr today."

kcmigy.jpg

Rafael: "Vhen you are oldyer you vill use tools lyike this yourrself. So, as I use thyem I'll tyell you thyeirr nyames, Styacy."

4g18om.jpg

Rafael: Everything went according to plan. Having practiced disassembling a crib like hers and having assembled the new crib a few times already made it a very smooth process, and the quick, practiced motions had held her attention. It could not have gone better.

He found himself oddly reflective looking at the doomed tree. He was truly and completely trapped in Simerica and he knew it... even when he managed to kill Konstantin Petrovich...and even if he personally conquered the entire Russian government, he couldn't go home to Moscow...his wife would never go...and his children were Simericans. He was losing every battle against the Simerican culture his wife and friends were steeped in...there was just this one area...the area he wouldn't give up. His children would learn manners, they would learn how to treat other people with at least a basic level of respect. "If my plan vorrks, littyel Anastasia, you vill vone day disapprrof of me..." Yes, he knew she was too young to understand this now, but he also knew that if everything went well enough, she'd one day be a witch who had enough control of magic to look through a crystal ball, and if she ever wanted to know, he'd have already told her...even though there were ways out of death, there were still a lot of fates worse than death that could befall him in between now and then. He always had contingency plans, and so, even though he didn't know for certain whether his daughter would survive to adulthood or whether he would keep his sanity or even that Granny wouldn't swoop in and make a statue out of him, he laid this out for her, in case she ever needed it. "As vell you should, I am doink bad thinks. I vant you to lif lonk enough to disapprrof of me. I do not vant vitches to eat you. I vant you to know rryight from wrronk. I vant you to haf choices...good choices, not 'do this or die' choices. And vhen you haf all that, and arre rraised safe and vell fed, vith a good rrole modyel standink by, you vill not undyerrstand how I could haf chosyen this path. It vill be lyike a birrd scoffink at a fish forr choosink to lif in the vatyerr. But don't thyink I didyint know it could happyen, littyel vone. It is intentionyal. These arre victorry condyitions."

15z3vde.jpg

Anastasia: "Baba baba dadda dadadya." She brushed his robe reassuringly. Then she yawned in his face.

Rafael: "Ah, I suppyose I yam talkink you to sleep, vell, let's gyet you into yourr new crrib so ve can see the lyook on yourr mothyerrs fyace latyerr todyay, shall ve?"
    @TadOlson Is that a money tree I see? :o In that case they're extremely Lucky, better harvest as much they can before winter really settles in! :)

@venusdemilosims "Nice views" aren't only what makes a trip interesting - "bagage" is! Without bagage a story fast becomes bland and a little boring... ;) Even if we prefer life to flow smoothly in RL, books need to be filled with drama and complicated personalities and relations that seem impossible!

@dreamerz13 I can't wait for the next update! :)

@Zabet0 A new crib! That's a sweet surprise - both for Anastasia and Zelda! :) Good it's designed by NASA space engineers but I'm sure he would have found the same at IKEA heaven... :D
    ikea_heaven.gif

It's hard for Rafael to know he never can move back to his homeland without giving up his family - I had to make the same choice and it still hurts...

NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg Thank you, I were not sure what he rname was at the time but I think I choosed Aura

@venusdemilosims Great update

@dreamerz13 I had never seen an unicorn before myself ,
    not even since I first got the game years ago, so it was quite cool to see one.

@Zabeth0 Great update, his daughter is so cute

@TadOlson Thank you, great update

@Silverofdreams30 Aura is so pretty! Sounds good in every language. :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited February 2016
    @TadOlson Still having fun with Sims 2 I see. My condolences on the loss of your uncle. :(
    @Zabeth0 Aww lovely new crib for the baby. Definitely see the softer side. He's this fearsome evil-genius criminal, but Anastasia gets him every time.
    @jillbg There's baggage and then there's a plane full of baggage. Lol :p There are reasons why Savannah and Shandra don't get along and never have. And Savannah has taken these lessons to her own children.
    @Silverofdreams30 Lovely name!

I tried to set up my game for the next series of updates and it crashed, multiple times.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top