Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides Popularity?

Bought it a while ago and haven't played it yet. Am thinking about starting a new game in it and posting a story about that. But I was wondering how popular it is, how many people have played it, and so knowing the pre-mades etc characters. Would many people be familiar with the existing characters and goings on?
I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've played a few times in the past. I don't know much about the families living there, but I will let you know about the building that is on top of the mountain, it has a very horrible routing issues. Both people and animals get stuck. Some have worked on it to make it work for them, but I always ended up deleting the whole lot.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I've played a few times in the past. I don't know much about the families living there, but I will let you know about the building that is on top of the mountain, it has a very horrible routing issues. Both people and animals get stuck. Some have worked on it to make it work for them, but I always ended up deleting the whole lot.

thanks for that tip, does the building play a role? or is it just an extra lot?

the diner in Riverview I always get those problems with and have to bulldoze.
    I think it is the way the person who made this lot, is the reason for the routing issue. I hadn't tried it, because I'm a bit lazy when it comes to building whole lots from the ground up, but I think if you don't mind, building a new building on a cleared out lot might help. Just make sure there are no places for sims and animals to get stuck at. Once you look at the building they have there, you'll see what I'm talking about.
    I think it is the way the person who made this lot, is the reason for the routing issue. I hadn't tried it, because I'm a bit lazy when it comes to building whole lots from the ground up, but I think if you don't mind, building a new building on a cleared out lot might help. Just make sure there are no places for sims and animals to get stuck at. Once you look at the building they have there, you'll see what I'm talking about.

which mountain building do you mean? there are three mountains. the volcano one?
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member

which mountain building do you mean? there are three mountains. the volcano one?

The volcano one, is the criminal rabbit-hole. It's fine. The problem one is a park and it is fine to just delete it.

I play in Sunlit Tides all the time, but I mostly just ignore the premades. I do that in all the towns though, not just ST. I've made a whole lot of builds for ST with Supernatural themes.

Go to this thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/703595/sims-3-store-world-master-creation-sharing-directory/p1

and look for the Sunlit Tides section.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I use Sunlit Tides for my fun game, and I like the island. The houses in it are kinda small for a large family though. I had to bulldoze one and add in a larger house for my 5-sim roommates.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    It's the one that looks like this.
    640?cb=20120917132247

It's called The Relaxation Station.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I have it, but I didn't play in it yet. I bought to many worlds at once, I didn't have the time yet.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Sunlit Tides is one of my all time favorites! I think the world and the sims are just gorgeous. I play that world A LOT :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited June 2017
    The problem with the Relaxation Station is the hill. Somehow the Sims get stuck on it. I don't have a problem with it and have never had one of my Sims stuck on it while I've been watching them there.

I've been playing in Sunlit Tides for a few weeks now and am getting to know some of the locals. I do then to ignore townies in all my worlds though.

The water is a bit too shallow for houseboats.

Here are a few pictures of my current game.

Sunlit_Tides014.jpg

Sunlit_Tides016.jpg

Sunlit_Tides015.jpg

Heathers_House001.jpg

Sunlit_Tides002.jpg

Sunlit_Tides001.jpg

This is one of my Sims visiting Pearl Yang - Pearl is a townie
    Kitty002.jpg

Inside Pearl's house. Pearl is the one with the long straight blonde hair and the sunglasses.
    Kitty005.jpg

Sunlit_Tides003.jpg

The rabbit holes are really pretty and distinctive.
    Sally016.jpg

Sally017.jpg

This is my sim delivering a sing-a-gram to some townies
    Amethyst006.jpg

Maria007.jpg

Rainbow001.jpg

Duncan003.jpg

Duncan006.jpg

Some townies attending a party at my sim's house
    Party002.jpg

Post edited by Karritz on
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    In my game Kathleen and Wolfgang are a couple. He has been cured of being a werewolf and am about to wind down this phase of my game. I plan to send them to Sunlit Tides to get married on the beach possibly and to have a honeymoon. Anyone have suggestions for which lot would make a good spot for a wedding? Any other suggestions welcome too.
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Oh wow, I love all the pics! ST is gorgeous. I need to go back and play in that world again.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I like the look of the world, and I like the new features it added to the game, but I rarely play there. There are routing issues all over the world, not just with a few lots. Also, the Sims do a lot of stupid things like boat to a spot, jump in a cab, get back in a boat, switch back to a cab.... it's annoying. Sometimes they can boat out to a spot, but then the boat gets stuck and they have no choice but to get out and cross land. House boats are great, but can be difficult to modify.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I like the look of the world, and I like the new features it added to the game, but I rarely play there. There are routing issues all over the world, not just with a few lots. Also, the Sims do a lot of stupid things like boat to a spot, jump in a cab, get back in a boat, switch back to a cab.... it's annoying. Sometimes they can boat out to a spot, but then the boat gets stuck and they have no choice but to get out and cross land. House boats are great, but can be difficult to modify.

This will only be a problem is you also have Island Paradise installed.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I played there before IP was released, so I didn't have the routing issues involving boats. I can imagine it has that problem though, for the same reason IP has it. It's an amazing world and I liked playing there. I did have a slight problem with the very bright light during daytime though, especially when headachy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I also played there well before IP. Loved the unique layout. Had a great time finding uses for those small and medium sized islands on which I found we could place small lots -- campgrounds, beach party spots, one of the larger ones was where I planned to send those who choose (or need) to live a bit far from the rest of society. Connected them with LN subways, which of course looked ridiculous until I covered them up as best I could with palm trees, to make kind of an inter-island transit system. Kept having to watch the inactives, though, or else they would try to swim back to the mainland which was quite an athletic feat for those who could manage it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I've owned it for a long time now. I think I got it during one of the Daily Deals. Sometime I will get around playing the Pleasant family. I'm weird.. I love hunting down premades, following their stories through wiki, and playing them. I don't get that much enjoyment out of my own sims unless they were born in game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    edited June 2017
    cwaddell wrote: »
    In my game Kathleen and Wolfgang are a couple. He has been cured of being a werewolf and am about to wind down this phase of my game. I plan to send them to Sunlit Tides to get married on the beach possibly and to have a honeymoon. Anyone have suggestions for which lot would make a good spot for a wedding? Any other suggestions welcome too.

I sent a couple to Sunlit Tides for a private wedding ages ago. They went there alone and got married on the beach. There were no guests.

Fand_G011.jpg

Fand_G015.jpg

Fand_G017.jpg

Fand_G016.jpg

Fand_G018.jpg

Fand_G021.jpg

Fand_G022.jpg
    Post edited by Karritz on

I have IP installed and am not noticing any problem with this sort of thing with this game.

I have mods in though.

I think once you get used to the routing you are able to think about where you want your sims to go and unconsciously direct them to go to places where they have no problems getting there.

I'm sending my Sims all over the place and haven't noticed any routing issues at all.

I've been in the world for several real life weeks now and am playing for a few real life hours each day.
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    I love Sunlit Tides, its just gorgeous. And I feel like there is a lot more room in the world than in a lot of the other worlds. I kind of wish that Isla Paradiso was more like Sunlit Tides. Oh and there are some interesting townies in Sunlit Tides, Pearl Yang is stunning
    kmsim15 wrote: »
    Oh and there are some interesting townies in Sunlit Tides, Pearl Yang is stunning

thanks for that tip
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2016
    Karritz wrote: »
    I sent a couple to Sunlit Tides for a private wedding ages ago. They went there alone and got married on the beach. There were no guests.
    Fand_G015.jpg
    Fand_G021.jpg
    Great pictures. Thanks.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member

*Facepalm* It was IP I was thinking of not SL. So, yeah, no so many issues with SL.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Bought it, swiped Pearl, that is all.
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    sunlit tides is beautiful but i don't like the layout.. not much space and lots all spread out