The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    (throws confetti)

Hehe, I was smiling like a dork throughout the whole chapter :) This was so sweetly written! Love how you portray their young love. It matches their personalities so well!
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Rinellie wrote: »
    (throws confetti)

Hehe, I was smiling like a dork throughout the whole chapter :) This was so sweetly written! Love how you portray their young love. It matches their personalities so well!

Thank you so much! I wanted Blue to have a highschool-romance, but miserably failed. Can't not give him the awkwardness, though :lol:
    Marialein wrote: »
    Soooooooooo sweet :love:

Thank you! <3
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    They are so awesome together! This was a heartwarming and sweet chapter. :)
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    All caught up! These chapters were so sweet! Avery is still so beautiful, I love that she and J are finally so happy and in love with one another, and that they have eachother during these years. And it's so adorable to watch Sophia and Blue's romance! The line from Sophia, thinking she was already his girlfriend, was perfect and such a great offset to his fumbling awkwardness, I loved it!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    They are so awesome together! This was a heartwarming and sweet chapter. :)

I'm fairly fond of those two :blush:
    sabreene wrote: »
    All caught up! These chapters were so sweet! Avery is still so beautiful, I love that she and J are finally so happy and in love with one another, and that they have eachother during these years. And it's so adorable to watch Sophia and Blue's romance! The line from Sophia, thinking she was already his girlfriend, was perfect and such a great offset to his fumbling awkwardness, I loved it!

Thank you so much! I still wanted Blue to have this crush-experience :lol:
    2.8 Head start

19_2_16_14_10_19.png

"What the hell did I sign up for?" Blue stood at an enormous building in the middle of nowhere. Was this the right place? He sure hoped so. He couldn't really show up late at the very first day of his new job as scientist. The work descriptions had been vague, but enough for him to apply for a job. After only a brief phone-interview Blue was officially the newest crew member.

19_2_16_14_11_02.png

Entering the building Blue was relieved to see a woman wearing a lab-coat like his own. Maybe this was the right place after all. Blue lifted his head up and tried to look confident. "Hi, my name is Blue. Nice to meet you." He repeated in his head multiple times before approaching the woman, but once arriving the woman didn't even take time to put away the phone. She pressed a button at her desk and pointed at the door that had just opened. "First door left - I KNOW Tasha! He's amazing! - The big green robot is waiting for you." She then proceeded her conversation, not paying any more attention to Blue.

19_2_16_14_11_20.png

The door lead to a long chilly hallway, with two doors at each side all the way in the back. "To the left.." Blue mumbled. He had no idea what to expect behind that door, but the way leading to it didn't make a good first impression.

19_2_16_14_12_06.png

The robot the receptionist mentioned, immediately stood out. Blue walked up to it and took place behind a control panel. "Please place your hand on the panel." Surprised Blue took a step back. It talked! Once recovered from the shock Blue walked back to the machine and placed his hand at the control panel. "Hello, Blue Jameson Grace. Please tell me your preferred nickname." Blue shook his head in amazement. It not only talked, it made conversation! "Blue." He said firmly, and the machine seemed to make a nodding gesture. "Hello, Blue. Welcome, we are going to design together today. Is that alright?" Blue quickly nodded. "Yes, it is." This is amazing.

19_2_16_14_12_49.png

After brainstorming with the machine for an hour or so, it was able to make an holograph. "Is this what you envisioned, Blue?" It's mechanic voice asked. "Yes, it is." Blue stared as his idea, it was displayed in front of him. "Do you want to start 3D-printing?" It once again asked, at which Blue once again agreed. The robot went to work, ever so asking questions about its progress. Yet it stopped right in its tracks after being almost halfway through. "Excuse me, Blue. Our time for today is over, Miss Bunsch has an appointment with me right now. Please proceed to the courtyard, your assistance is required. Disappointed Blue took his hand from the control panel. "Okay, thank you for today." Blue said, then turning away. Time to search for the courtyard.

19_2_16_14_16_19.png

Months passed and Blue was slowly getting used to his new job. His days started with the designing robot, speaking about designs and making beta-versions of inventions. After the day was halfway through, the robot would politely request him to make place for one of his colleagues. He then would tinker at the rocket or analyse all kind of things. Not one day had Blue regretted his career choice.

17_2_16_15_02_38.png

"Mom, dad. Would it be okay for me to move Sophia in?" Blue had been pondering over this question for a long time now, at first he found it cocky to even consider asking. But he now had a full time job, being the breadwinner of the household. Besides that Sophia and him had been dating for months now, they were both adults and at the age that moving in together was appropriate. At least, that's how Blue felt.

17_2_16_15_03_41.png

"Blue, dear. I appreciate you asking. But this is your house as much as it is ours, if not more." Avery started. She and Jameson had have their own conversations on the matter over time. "Sophia is really dear in our hearts and we would love to have her if she would want so. Please now that this is all your decision and you have our blessing if you feel you need it." Blue built the house, it was made for him and his family. Not for Avery and Jameson's family, they had both agreed on that matter. And that meant that Sophia, once considered family by Blue, was more than welcome in their house.

17_2_16_15_03_17.png

"We both want you to be happy." Jameson added. He hadn't been really present in the conversation, but he hadn't been really present in any conversation the past weeks. Sometimes he wasn't even aware what exactly the conversation was about. Mostly he just agreed with whatever Avery said. They almost agreed on everything anyways, so that usually ended well. "Then I'm going to ask her soon!" Blue stated as he stood up and kissed both his parents on their cheeks. "Thank you."
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    New job, new roomate/girlfriend. Thing are running well for Blue. I only fear he will lose his dad quite soon :s
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Blue, the mad scientist to be? Why not. :smile:
    Yes, yes, move Sophia in. Start on the babies already!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    New job, new roomate/girlfriend. Thing are running well for Blue. I only fear he will lose his dad quite soon :s

I have written a chapter surrounding Jameson to explain his behavior a little to come soon. He is fairly old, however...
    You can't have a rainbow without rain!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Blue, the mad scientist to be? Why not. :smile:
    Yes, yes, move Sophia in. Start on the babies already!

On one side I don't want their relationship to feel too simmish, on the other side I wanted them to 'try for a baby' the day they met :lol:
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    I have GOT to stop lurking and actually comment. As Marialein said, I'm scared Blue will lose his father soon, too. But I'm happy that Blue and Sophia's relationship is going well :smile:
    I have GOT to stop lurking and actually comment. As Marialein said, I'm scared Blue will lose his father soon, too. But I'm happy that Blue and Sophia's relationship is going well :smile:

I took some time getting used to it too, but seeing people appreciate my compliments really helped. :blush:
  • LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    I LOVE Sophie (a?) so much! <3 Like her and Blue are just the cutest i cant even <3
    I LOVE Sophie (a?) so much! <3 Like her and Blue are just the cutest i cant even <3

Sophia, and I love her myself too :lol:
    I love how you described his first day at work! Really wonderful bit with the robot (I love that robot, hah!). I'll be happy to see Sophia move in, with their relationship moving forward! yay!
  • iDannieSimmeriDannieSimmer Posts: 56 Member
    Great Story! I liked it.
    Danielle

Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads: Drifter Challenge
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Oh, cool, Blue's in the scientist career! That's a fun one to see. I really liked your robot voice. It felt very much like robot speech to me :)

Excited to see that Sophia will be moving in, of course. And I'm so curious about what's up with J! :open_mouth:
    sabreene wrote: »
    I love how you described his first day at work! Really wonderful bit with the robot (I love that robot, hah!). I'll be happy to see Sophia move in, with their relationship moving forward! yay!

That robot has so many human like expressions! It's amazing and I love it :lol:
    Great Story! I liked it.

Thank you so much!
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Oh, cool, Blue's in the scientist career! That's a fun one to see. I really liked your robot voice. It felt very much like robot speech to me :)

Excited to see that Sophia will be moving in, of course. And I'm so curious about what's up with J! :open_mouth:

Don't you just love that robot! I thought the career fitted Blue's childhood aspiration nicely :blush:

2.9 Will you... Move in with me?
    19_2_16_14_22_45.png

"Well don't you look particularly happy today!" Cassy Colton, one of Blue's colleagues joined him in the coffee room. "I AM particularly happy, Cassy." Blue then said, grinning from ear to ear. "Well I'm glad!" She said, talking with a little lisp. "But don't let those happy thoughts distract you from fixing the coffee machine, though! I'm dying for my daily dose of caffeine." Blue screwed the machine shut and patted the top. "Done, go get your caffeine." He said, still smiling like crazy. As Cassy operated the machine she continued talking. "Sit down, sit down! Our breaks are short and you still haven't told me what made you so happy today!"

19_2_16_14_24_13.png

"I'm asking my girlfriend to move in with me today." Blue said. Not waiting for Cassy to sit down. "Ah! I should've known a cute face like yours belonged to someone!" Cassy joked, she knew very well Blue had a girlfriend. All of his colleagues knew, he couldn't shut up about her. Yet they would all still swoon over him. "I'm really nervous about it, she always used to tease me I was so restraining." Blue hid his face, covering his read cheeks. "Then she will surely agree!" Cassy said, pushing his shoulder.

19_2_16_13_15_36.png

After work Blue took a shower and changed into his own clothes, hair still wet he walked downstairs. To his surprise Sophia had already entered the living room. "Hey, you." He said, kissing her cheek. "Sit down!" He commanded her, pulling her at the couch with him.

19_2_16_13_17_10.png

"How was work, professor?" Sophia let the 'r' roll as she teased Blue. "Work was amazing, I was in a good mood throughout the entire day!" He said, trying to hold back his enthusiasm. "How was your day?" He then asked, as he caressed her hand. Sophia put the other one against her forehead. "As per usual, I applied at the police station of Willow Creek weeks ago. But still no response." Blue shook his head. "They are plums anyway." He said.

19_2_16_13_16_36.png

"Maybe you should apply at the station at the edge of Newcrest." Blue whispered in her ear. "And make that long drive every day?" Sophia arched an eyebrow, but she was giggling anyway. Blue stroke her hair behind her ear to have better access to it. "You know, you already do that." He whispered. "I know." She answered, suppressing a sigh. "How about you don't have to anymore. For neither?"

19_2_16_13_20_10.png

"Are you breaking up with me?" Sophia asked, her big brown eyes turning even bigger. "Oh! Oh Creator NO!" Blue said. "I am asking you to move in with me!" He quickly spit out, trying to correct his mistake as soon as possible. The fact that her doe-eyes had already become glassy tore him apart. He quickly pulled her against his chest. "Moving in?" Sophia asked with a small voice. Blue nodded as he sniffed her hair. "Yes, I didn't mean to ask it like that, though." He cradled her, afraid she'd become sad again. "And are your parents okay with that?" She asked once again. "They said it's my house and that they'd love to have you." He softly stroke her hair.

19_2_16_13_18_09.png

"I would love to." She whispered against his lips, right before kissing him. The key was already hers and she slept over very often. The only thing that would change was that she wouldn't have to leave to get clean clothes anymore.
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Step 2 of four complete, now all that's left is marriage(Or we just skip marriage) and then all of the newboos!!!
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Step 2 of four complete, now all that's left is marriage(Or we just skip marriage) and then all of the newboos!!!

Ayay captain, we're working on it ;)
    I can't wait to see their babies. They are too cute together <3

Well, I hope you have patience. I'm currently writing chapter 15 and no baby's, yet :lol:
    Also: Sadly this screen didn't fit into the story, but I still wanted to share it. Avery and Jameson, old couple of the year!

24_2_16_21_33_11.png
    Such a cute chapter! And I adore that picture of J and Avery!! :heart: Totally made me smile!!