Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I loved this chapter, the first meeting was funny and cute at the same time! Sophia is a more of a flower than Rose, lol :D
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I loved this chapter, the first meeting was funny and cute at the same time! Sophia is a more of a flower than Rose, lol :D

I planned to invite her over for dinner at first, and then she just popped up next to his house! Couldn't let her walk anymore after that :lol:
    Hi dearly beloved readers! Today I opened a second thread, it's about a newly introduced hashtag in the gallery. One that encourages relate able looking sims. Please check it out if you feel like it! Introducing: AverageIsBeautiful

This will be my only time advertising this thread here. Please enjoy reading about the Grace-family <3
  • sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    Sophia's perfect! And your new thread sounds great. I'll be sure to check it out soon.
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Sophia's great! I liked her cheesy jokes ;) Really love the inclusion of Blue finishing his painting after finding inspiration. It made it easy to understand how much he must like Sophia. And him switching his old picture of Rose for a picture of Sophia is so meaningful too. Lovely transition into a healthier friendship :)
    sims4eva wrote: »
    Sophia's perfect! And your new thread sounds great. I'll be sure to check it out soon.

Thank you so much! And Sophia's quite a catch :blush:
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Sophia's great! I liked her cheesy jokes ;) Really love the inclusion of Blue finishing his painting after finding inspiration. It made it easy to understand how much he must like Sophia. And him switching his old picture of Rose for a picture of Sophia is so meaningful too. Lovely transition into a healthier friendship :)

Everyone loves Sophia so far! Yay! :lol:
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I really liked Sophia, too! Such a great first meeting! And so cute, how it was Phantom at the dinner table joking around, when normally it would be Blue. You could see how much he liked her... and to have that reflected in the changing of the photographs at the end was perfect!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This was so cute! Sophia seems lovely, from her cool hair to the goofy humour and her appreciation of art! She's perfext for Blue :)
    sabreene wrote: »
    I really liked Sophia, too! Such a great first meeting! And so cute, how it was Phantom at the dinner table joking around, when normally it would be Blue. You could see how much he liked her... and to have that reflected in the changing of the photographs at the end was perfect!

Thank you so much! I've grown quite fond of her myself :blush:
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This was so cute! Sophia seems lovely, from her cool hair to the goofy humour and her appreciation of art! She's perfext for Blue :)

She sure is! I'm so glad so many of you like her :blush:
    2.5 Something special

15_2_16_17_31_53.png
    "No, I swear to the creator Blue. They served me a lobster this big." Sophia's hands parted at least 50 centimetres apart. She was clearly exaggerating. "No way!" Blue said. His parents weren't as rich as Sophia's, but they were at least as known. Maybe even more. "That was the first and last time a stranger ever ordered food for me." Blue didn't have to worry that Sophia didn't like him for him, when she first met him she didn't even knew who he was. And now that they saw each other so frequently it became clear really soon their lives weren't two worlds apart. They had so much in common.
    15_2_16_17_34_03.png
    "I once met this guy, stuttering from just the realisation he was talking to me." Blue started his anecdote, would he be brave enough? "He immediately ran to the back of his van and pulled out this huge stuffed hotdog." He said, making big arm gestures. One arm slowly draping around her shoulders. "And just pushed it into my arms. Apparently this guy was saving this huge fur hotdog especially for me."
    15_2_16_17_34_07.png
    "Yeah, you have a big hotdog?" Sophia said, blushing a little from her dirty comment. "Want me to show you?" Blue joked, pulling her a little closer. "Blue!" She murmured embarrassed, making Blue laugh. "I don't have it anymore, I did take a picture of it though." He said, pulling her out of her misery. Yet he was not aware he was giving her a chance to strike. "Yeah, you model like that?" She said, batting her eyelashes at him with a huge grin on her face.
    15_2_16_17_35_11.png
    "Do you want me to take pictures like that?" Blue said, making her giggle yet again. "Please don't!" She said. "I wasn't really planning to." Blue admitted. "I find it kind of gross." Making Sophia laugh hard. Slowly she wrapped her hands around his and her fingers drew circles around his thumb. "Blue.." She whispered. "Will you..." Oh those doe-eyes. "Rub my back?"
    15_2_16_17_35_47.png
    "Yes, there!" Sophia said in relieve. "You know how to hit the right spots!" Every comment she made like that, made Blue laugh. Was she even aware of what she was saying? "You're the best Blue!" Sophia just couldn't stop asking for backrubs, she was getting her resumes out and hoped to be invited for a interview at least someday. It put a lot of pressure on her. Blue on the other hand didn't have any hurry in finding a job, his parents told him to make sure he finds something that he really enjoys rather than hopping careers every few months. Sophia heavily supported him in his artistic dreams, she was really fond of his art and hoped to see more of it soon. But Blue wanted this to be his choice, so he waited just a little longer before making a choice.
    15_2_16_17_37_51.png
    He stared at Sophia as she walked away, he hated saying goodbye to her. Even with the frequency she knocked at his door. He really had found something special.
    A/N This girl could not stop asking for and giving massages! I guess that's Sophia's special way of showing appreciation. :lol:
    Marialein wrote: »
    Sophia is so cool. They are so cute together <3

I think so to! She was flirty the day they met ;)
    Ohhh, they've got good chemistry! Love this chapter. It was so fun to see Blue getting his flirt on ;)
    Ohhh, they've got good chemistry! Love this chapter. It was so fun to see Blue getting his flirt on ;)

He's a charmer, not weird with J as dad :lol:
    Before I share the next chapter I just want to show some appreciation. Today I got the most sweet gift from @Maladi777 via my private messages. Please check out the beautiful banner she made me!
    grace.jpg
    I think it's amazing! Thank you so much once again!

Also, the Grace family is now up at the gallery! Although the family doesn't use any cc, for some reason my game is convinced they do. So make sure you tag that box if you want to download them ;)

2.6 Old Avery
    15_2_16_18_12_50.png

"I still got it." Jameson thought as he put the candles on Avery's cake. His culinary career might have been short, but it was the career that paid his retirement and that meant something. Cooking was stress relieving and soothing to the old man who didn't have much work on his hands. Exercising was getting harder with the days, even though he wouldn't admit it. His days were long and boring, filled with chores mostly. Avery still had gardening, bringing in money that the family could live off. So J was happy he got to do little things, like making birthday cakes.

15_2_16_18_32_58.png

"Happy birthday, amazingly sweet wife of mine!" Avery was embraced by her husband, in the time she took to dress up the living room was filled with guests. She was getting old, but today really rubbed it in her face. "How many candles did you put on?" She asked, making J laugh. "Only twenty-two of course, young goddess."

15_2_16_18_34_03.png

"Congratulations with your mother, Blue! She doesn't look a day older than thirty." Blue rubbed the back of his head. "She does, doesn't she? I hope I inherited those genes from her." Making Sophia giggle, she leaned in close to him. "Do you dance? I love dancing. Especially to this song." Slowly she leaned from one feet to the other. Making silly faces at Blue. "I don't... I'm not really a good dancer." He said, a little embarrassed by the lack of his dance skill. "Nonsense!" Sophia said, she grabbed his hands and softly waved them from left to right. "See, you're doing it right now! You dance perfectly!" She said, smiling a warm smile. Her doe-eyes shimmering.

15_2_16_18_37_30.png

"I'm... Ehh. Blowing out the candles now?" Avery said. Not many people had come today, but she was fine with that. If it wasn't for Nova she wouldn't have thrown a party at all. "Okay then." She said as people gathered around her. "Here we go..." "Don't forget to make a wish!" Phantom said from across the counter, winking at her. A wish... Avery didn't really have any wishes. She just wanted to get this over with. She closed her eyes and blew out the candles.

15_2_16_18_37_54.png

"Am I old yet?" Avery said smiling at her family, who stood in front of her. "I don't feel old." She laughed, Jameson immediately walked up to her to plant a kiss at her head. "You're not old at all." He said.

15_2_16_18_40_13.png

He couldn't keep his hands of her for the rest of the evening, afraid that being an elder would limit her like it limited him. Sure, she was quite a few years younger. And more lively over all. But taking extra care of her couldn't hurt, right? He didn't want her to forget how to get home like he did. He didn't want her worrying that he wouldn't remember the way home either. "I'm going to my sister, honey. We haven't had the opportunity to talk the entire day." He snuggled away in her shoulders whispering. "You do that."

15_2_16_18_42_20.png

"Is that Blue's girlfriend?" Nova didn't even give Avery the opportunity to answer. "She's adorable, a real beauty. Better than that flower-girl" Avery laughed. "They're not official yet. But they have been friends for a long time now." Nova objected. "More than friends! Look at them! If that isn't the blossoming of something my dress is orange!" Avery laughed. "I wouldn't mind... Sophia is amazing, Blue is really fond of her."

15_2_16_18_42_50.png

"Who's that lady staring at us?" Sophia gave a nod to Nova, making Blue laugh. "That's my aunt, I guess she's curious about you." Blue said smiling at Sophia, who turned a light shade of pink. "Oh.." She said. Her doe-eyes pointed at the ground. "Oh.." He mimicked her, making her push him against his shoulder playfully. "Is she always that curious?" Blue laughed. "I guess she is, she's kind of a fairy-godmother. She just looks out for me." "And does she approve?" Sophia asked, now and then peeking at Nova. Blue turned his head and smiled at her, Nova gave him a thumbs up. "She does."

15_2_16_18_43_02.png

"I'm really happy you're here." Avery said. "I miss you so much." Nova laughed. "Don't treat me like some old lady! You've got quite some gray hairs yourself!" Avery pulled her sister into a hug, holding her tightly. "I'm not saying you're old! I'm saying I love you! You 🐸🐸🐸🐸!" But Nova only pulled at the shoulder of her dress. "I told you something was up with those two, look at them!" Avery laughed. "Stop spying at my kids!" "Then stop having them, they're too cute! Talking about kids..." Nova took Avery at arm length. "Where's Phantom?"

15_2_16_18_47_25.png

"A little party never killed nobody.. That's a double denial, invalidating the sentence." Phantom murmured. "And I'm not sticking around to try. Nova and Sophia are okay and all, but some of these people just need to go." He scribbled in his notebook. "Besides, I'm not a top student yet.. And we can't have that, now can we?"
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    In my mind Avery and J will never get older. It is so sweet how much in love they are <3

I guess they deserved to, after I tortured them :lol:
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Getting older together, is there anything more romantic? :) Maybe a new love flourishing between the younger ones would be? I just can't decide!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Getting older together, is there anything more romantic? :) Maybe a new love flourishing between the younger ones would be? I just can't decide!

Why not both? o:):D
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I found this generation's aspiration particularly hard. Especialy the part with grandchildren. Had to solve it with adoption to make it before my heir died of old age. :) I'm really curious how you're going to deal with it in your legacy.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    The new banner looks great! @Maladi777 did an awesome job :)

This was such a sweet chapter! Nova was such a cool aunt, encouraging her nephew to flirt with a girl :lol: And Avery hardly looks old at all. Just as beautiful as when she first came to Newcrest!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I found this generation's aspiration particularly hard. Especialy the part with grandchildren. Had to solve it with adoption to make it before my heir died of old age. :) I'm really curious how you're going to deal with it in your legacy.

In game I'm fairly close to making some cute generation 3 kids, so the challenge is getting closer... I am pretty nervous about it. Most aspirations take a life-time :lol:

This was such a sweet chapter! Nova was such a cool aunt, encouraging her nephew to flirt with a girl :lol: And Avery hardly looks old at all. Just as beautiful as when she first came to Newcrest!

Isn't is awesome? I love it :blush:
    Sometimes when I look at old pictures I'm shocked, I never realized she changed so much. :lol:
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited February 2016

Thank you! You are too kind. As I told @Sterretjeee I love playing with sims in photoshop. If anyone wants me to make a banner or avatar for them, I'd be more than happy to. All I need is their sims in the gallery and a way to find them there. I always welcome a little photoshop practice. :wink:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    2.7 Avery's romantic park

15_2_16_19_17_39.png

"This place is beautiful, Blue!" Sophia looked around in amazement. "I thought you've been here before?" He said, confused by Sophia's twinkling eyes. "Well yeah, but never with you.. Never on a date before! Now I finally can see the romantic setting of the park." Blue smiled nervously. They had been on a date at least ten times now, but never would he call it a date in front of Sophia. He always used asked her to 'join him to the park' or 'have dinner together. "I'm happy your enthusiast, I really love this place myself." She grabbed his hand "Let's not stand here like hobo's, I see a really cute bench over there."

15_2_16_19_18_17.png

"Your mother planted these flowers herself, right?" Sophia asked as she touched some of the petals. "Well, these she planted. But those.." He pointed at the flat roofs of the toilet-buildings. "Those she grew, from seeds and all." Sophia's eyes, those big beautiful brown doe-eyes, grew big. "Like those in her garden? She told me about that!" The way Sophia and his mother got along really made Blue happy. "Yeah, like those." He said, losing himself as he looked at her.

15_2_16_19_19_43.png

They sat like that for a while, talking with each other. Making jokes as well as having serious conversations. After a while Sophia tickled Blue's side, but she soon regretted that. "I'm sorry! Blue I... I said I'm sorry! I'm ticklish I can't!" She gasped for air between sentences. "Blue! Please! Have mercy.." He smiled. "Only because you ask so nicely." He said, making her giggle. "You didn't really give me a choice." She said, immediately Blue's hand slid around her side again. "What was that?" She batted her eyelashes. "Nothing! I swear!"

15_2_16_19_21_17.png

"So, I'm really thinking about starting a job in law enforcement. Does a uniform turn you on?" Sophia was obviously teasing Blue, who turned a deep shade of crimson. "Erhmm... I." He wanted to pull his collar, only to realise he didn't have one. "I'm kidding!" She said laughing, pushing his shoulder. "Well, about the uniform part. Law enforcement does really speak to me." She stared in his eyes. "People should feel safe." She whispered.

15_2_16_19_22_48.png

Blue stood up and Sophia followed his example. "Is everything okay?" She asked concerned. "Yeah! Everything is fine! It's just..." Blue stuttered a little, why was he so afraid of screwing things up? "Can I try something?" He asked instead. Sophia blinked a few times. "Uhm, sure. Go ahead."

15_2_16_19_23_42.png

So he went for it, pressing his lips against Sophia's. They were soft and he slightly tasted her cherry lip-gloss. A more overwhelming taste was cinnamon. Sophia always smelled like it, but she also tasted like it. Although Blue really wasn't a kid anymore, he felt like fifteen. Sophia was his very first kiss, something not a lot of men could say at this age. "Blue.." She whispered under her breath. Slowly she pulled back. "Took you long enough." She threw at him.

15_2_16_19_26_37.png

She then pulled him back in a kiss, more intensely this time. Blue had no idea what he was supposed to do, but it felt right. Her tongue softly stroking his lips, he never wanted to let go. "Sophia.." He sometimes let out in a breath pause. Never getting the chance to finish his sentence, her lips would already be on his again.

15_2_16_19_23_58.png

"Does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?" Blue asked clumsily when they finally parted. Sophia laughed. "Of course! If you want to call it that, but to be honest I already thought I was." The pair stood for a second, staring at each other like shy teenagers. Only they weren't, not anymore.

15_2_16_19_35_55.png

"I'm so glad I met you."