Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    The ability to make a Sim obsessed with grilled cheese. I have this Sim that I chose for him the Grilled Cheese aspiration as a secondary aspiration now all he eats is grilled cheese.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Cats throw up if you toss them in the air too much :p
    2qk6j9i.jpg
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Some great ones in there @kremesch73 I have to try the "boot juice" :lol:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh yeah. I forgot to add if you alarm your cars near the front of the lot, the alarm won't wake your sims up in the middle of the night when the thief comes.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    Just thought of another one one. Adding the romantic aspiration as a secondary aspiration will raise the sim's attractiveness to other sims if you're having a hard time finding a suitable mate for them.
    If you make friends with one of the island people on twiki island your sim can call them from home and invite them as a houseguest.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @TadOlson is that really a discovery though if it's a mod and not something the game does automatically? Mods add so many features to the game that may or may not have been there before.
    I also don't know why you'd want to bring your toddler to the community lot unless there was things for them to do :D it'd be like bringing an infant and just leaving it on the sidewalk.

I discovered last night that your sims wave at their pets like they do other sims. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do that in ts3.

Toddlers could go to community lots before Nightlife. They patched it out with the base game patch or it was a bug. lol But we used to.. could set cribs on community lots. I can't remember if a feature or a bug, though. It was fun for awhile.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    The ability to make a Sim obsessed with grilled cheese. I have this Sim that I chose for him the Grilled Cheese aspiration as a secondary aspiration now all he eats is grilled cheese.

If you use the personality changer thing reward when your sim is in the red (and sometimes yellow or green) their primary aspiration will become grilled cheese.

Ghost sims play with their ghost dogs.

Twins snuggle.

Toddlers will dance to the stereo.

If your sim makes enemies with a vampire, they will stalk your sim while they're sleeping.

If you place objects along the entire wall joined to another apartment, sims won't bother your sims with noise any more. Very useful for bedrooms.

Normal sims can peek into coffins where vampires are sleeping.

Sims can create bad toys that will scare your children. I love making the toddler play with the evil jack-in-the-box.

Plant sims will thrive with the overhead garden lamps for the greenhouses. Try turning their entire house into a greenhouse with only those lamps.

Sims can run a grocery store with their harvests and caught fish, and other playable sims who buy them will keep them in their inventory so they can use them for their own dishes.

If you have a sim that owns a graveyard, send your other sims to visit before 6pm and ghosts will appear. Caution: showers are necessary on these lots.

Satellites can crash down on your sims and kill them when they're cloud-gazing. Rare. But caution is necessary.

The sentry-bot is a must-have for university students. It will shock and chase off the cow every time.

Having affairs with the professors in university can advance your sims, but can also have repercussions. *nudge-nudge, wink-wink*

Time doesn't stand still in university when your students travel.

Stella sings in bed. You can meet her in the desert college. Woohoo is required and she needs to be platinum.

Vermin can make your sims sick.

Flushing the toilet while another is in the shower can upset a sim. Cheap plumbing is required.

Woohooing in the photo booth or clothing booths on public lots causes other sims to cheer your sims on.

Teen siblings can give each other noogies.

Moving sims from one main neighbourhood to another will make your game go asplodie. Keep them restricted to only one main hood (subhoods, downtowns, colleges, and vacation spots are safe to move around in as long as they're all part of that main hood). Deleting sims is also unsafe. You can only do this at the very beginning of a save before any sims have encountered them. Premade hoods are the only exception. Do not delete any sims in them. They are also more prone to issues.

You can build your own worlds in SimCity 4 and import them into your game for more variety. Don't think everyone knows this.

You can modify/edit the terrain of worlds with cheats.

Sims who are kept happy will live longer, and vice versa.

Sims can win the affections and woohoo a total of 5 sims a day before they become exhausted, 6 if you're lucky.

Some sims take forever to drain. Basketball, soccer, tossing the football/baseball, jogging, and using the exercise bike solve this problem.

Knowledge sims can summon aliens.

Family sims can cure apartment epidemics by making and serving chicken soup.

You can put boots (from fishing) in the juicer and have sims drink it with varied failure animations.

Many different recipes for the juicer have varying perks. Almost like the emotion boosters for S4.

Each season has a different perk. Setting your colleges to fall only will cause your students to build skills faster so they have more time to be young adults. Winter is good for family. Setting romantic vacation getaways to eternal spring is beneficial for romance. Sims can get tans in the summer.

Different foods and drinks will warm your sims up and cool them down to benefit them in the winter and the summer.

The cow in university can destroy relationships and convert your sims gender preferences.

Sims can play together in a band.

The headmaster is easily won over by showing him nothing but bathrooms and making him a turkey.

Toddlers will splash in puddles and eat snow.

If you alarm your cars and keep them near the front of the lot, the burglar won't get a chance to steal anything.

That's all for now :).

All of this is awesome!
    @TadOlson is that really a discovery though if it's a mod and not something the game does automatically? Mods add so many features to the game that may or may not have been there before.
    I also don't know why you'd want to bring your toddler to the community lot unless there was things for them to do :D it'd be like bringing an infant and just leaving it on the sidewalk.

I discovered last night that your sims wave at their pets like they do other sims. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do that in ts3.

I don't consider that a discovery lol it's just a mod.I wish I had all the game guides these discoveries are awesome and I'll have to try the pet thing for sure.
  • Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    Male child sims have music playing while they use the bathroom :D
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2016
    TS2 is so full of little details! It's great to play at speed 1 and see all the little animations and discover all the details.

I just discovered that if a sim goes to bed in a bad mood (or maybe it is with low aspiration meter I'm not sure) they'll have nightmares and wake up as if they are having a heart attack

latest?cb=20090729081239

Also children can slide down banisters (it's an autonomous action) at least in spiral staircases.

post-12999-0-91199300-1423876679.jpg

*pics are not mine
    Post edited by Pixelsimmer on
    I guess teaching your cat tricks counts as not giving your sick sim enough rest.
    ....Time for Michael Cera to get a new fiancée...
    QDog wrote: »
    TS2 is so full of little details! It's great to play at speed 1 and see all the little animations and discover all the details.

I just discovered that if a sim goes to bed in a bad mood (or maybe it is with low aspiration meter I'm not sure) they'll have nightmares and wake up as if they are having a heart attack

latest?cb=20090729081239

Also children can slide down banisters (it's an autonomous action) at least in spiral staircases.

post-12999-0-91199300-1423876679.jpg

*pics are not mine

With the nightmare I think it's bad mood I can't remember lol
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I discovered a gem of a Mod on MTS that fixed up the subhood UI and allows a custom shopping district to be started without starting the default one which is loaded with sims.You can also start a custom downtown with your own lots for outings.I tried starting a shopping district in Strangetown and was able to get a custom one started.That helps when your main district is starting to get full and you need more room for new families and for the kids who've grown up and want to move out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I discovered a gem of a Mod on MTS that fixed up the subhood UI and allows a custom shopping district to be started without starting the default one which is loaded with sims.You can also start a custom downtown with your own lots for outings.I tried starting a shopping district in Strangetown and was able to get a custom one started.That helps when your main district is starting to get full and you need more room for new families and for the kids who've grown up and want to move out.

I thought this thread was about discoveries in game almost like a game guide ? We're discovering cool things the sims 2 did on its own :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had found that the creating districts was messed up without a Mod and forced you to create a default shopping ditrict without a Mod to fix it and I also use pet bed for toddlers to nap if they get a little tired and they eat pet food if the parents get tied up and can't feed them.I found a fix for single parents to be able to go out to shop at community lots though it took a Mod to fix what used to be a feature of the game.I gave a comparison of how starting new districts without the Mod fix was a mess because you can't create that empty shopping district without adding Bluewater Villiage and it's population to your town first which defeated the whole purpose of adding that new district.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I had found that the creating districts was messed up without a Mod and forced you to create a default shopping ditrict without a Mod to fix it and I also use pet bed for toddlers to nap if they get a little tired and they eat pet food if the parents get tied up and can't feed them.I found a fix for single parents to be able to go out to shop at community lots though it took a Mod to fix what used to be a feature of the game.I gave a comparison of how starting new districts without the Mod fix was a mess because you can't create that empty shopping district without adding Bluewater Villiage and it's population to your town first which defeated the whole purpose of adding that new district.

Weird. I have almost 10 shopping districts, and not one of them ever has been, is, or will be Blue Water. No mod required.
    Iv'e created many places through out the years i never had bugs or used mods.
    I discovered that if you make the wrong decision on a chance card and get fired, if you wait a day or so you can get the job back at pretty much the same level or a level under on the computer.
    This probably isn't news to anyone, But I didn't know it.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @cleo00

haha the first time I started playing Sims 2 and that happened I was devastated because my sim had built up skills etc but I did not know they could get their job back at the same level so I will try that next time it happens-)

I keep coming back to this thread and re reading things I dont know about and then going back in game to try them :)
    https://cleosboringsimblrofthings.tumblr.com/post/139663927913/my-simselfs-cat-scrabble-being-taught-to-play

This was so dang spanking cute, I had to take a video of it not just screenshot.
    https://cleosboringsimblrofthings.tumblr.com/post/139663927913/my-simselfs-cat-scrabble-being-taught-to-play

This was so dang spanking cute, I had to take a video of it not just screenshot.

Aw that was cute lol i don't really like cats so maybe i'll finally play one.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Apparantly elevators are the most lethal thing ever. Had a party guest break the elevator on his way home, trapping everyone else upstairs. Repairs failed, electrocuting my sim, and disabling his ability to try to repair it further from that floor. Had to wait all night till the next day for the repairman to come, and by that time the pets were on the verge of being taken away due to hunger (Thankfully they had jobs and got fed there), my main sim was about to die, and one of the guests had already died. There were also....quite a few puddles.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    How about some keyboard shortcuts? I use them all the time, but many people who play don't know about them.

I'm thinking they may account for discoveries.
    • < > to rotate camera
    • Page Up and Page Down to move quickly between levels
    • Home and End to quickly cycle walls up and down
    • Z and X to zoom in and out
    • `, 1, 2, and 3 to adjust speed and to pause the game
    • Esc to quickly exit out of a menu
    • T to view straight downward when building
    • F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, all control switching between play, buy, build, story mode, and Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top