Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @Brendy927 :) The windows I used are an experiment after seeing something similar in an interior design magazine. It's not exactly what I wanted, but I'm glad it turned out great. My favorite part of this build is probably the rooftop garden with fountain; the best place to relax :D
  • OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Hi, I've been working on a number of different buildings that I haven't quite managed to finish just yet. I hope to post some of these in the gallery soon. Here's a preview of some of them. I can't seem to finish one build before starting another!

The Luxor Art Deco Cinema.
    24853900570_77f5dc7e2b_b.jpg

Contemporary Art Gallery
    24781869809_40786eca81_b.jpg

Suburban / European Home
    24518892224_c87ea5b305_b.jpg

Swampland Cabin
    25123216356_d7c10c0003_b.jpg

Post Apocalyptic Living : An underground bunker with all mod cons.
    24345815230_0dac8de9cc_b.jpg
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't think I can finish my Elven palace until they put in a spiral staircase as the tower right now is too narrow to do regular staircases and still be functional.

I'm starting a new project. Mini Versailles.

Heres the reference shot
    versailles.jpg

Here's what i have so far
    WMKH9dU.png
    @Oblongaman
    Your cinema is fabulous! I'm wondering how you managed to do the the front? Your imagination is great!
    Thanks @Brendy927 That's a nice comment! Which aspect of the front do you mean? I enlarged one of the doors and moved it upwards for the arch bit (it's the Prairie post and lintel knockoff). Also used lots of lights for some of the decoration - It's very bright at night. I'll take another screenshot to show you how the building is shaped. It doesn't really come across on the pic above.

Mini Versailles looks amazing so far! Love the ornate look of it :)
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Hello all!
    Since everyone here has been so kind and welcoming, I thought I’d post some pics of a room I’m having trouble with in the hopes of getting a little feedback. This is the bedroom of my current WIP (I posted some early pics of the house in this thread a while ago and there are pics of the completed exterior in my showcase thread in case you need to see what the house looks like to get some perspective) that I’ve been working on since yesterday. For some reason, I just keep getting the feeling that I might be going in the wrong direction with this one. I don’t know, really. I showed the room to my dad and although he’s very sweet, he’s not into the Sims, so he just says something noncommittal like “I know nothing about aesthetics, so I can’t give you a good opinion” or “It looks good” LOL. So yeah, I love him, but he isn’t exactly helpful with this stuff.

Anyway, this room is supposed to be for a married couple. The wife is very into interior design, so I’ve been trying to reflect her tastes while keeping it gender neutral. But I just feel like there is something I can’t quite put my finger on, you know. Like I said, it’s not finished, but I think I really need some feedback before deciding if I’m going in the right direction or not. I would be very grateful for any comments/opinions. And don’t worry about offending me if you think it looks bad. The reason I’m posting these pics is to receive criticism, so I’m not the type to get upset when someone critiques my work. :) Thanks in advance for taking a look! I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

PS Please ignore the poor quality of the screenshots. I took them rather quickly just to give you guys an idea of what the room looks like, so they are definitely not showcase worthy, LOL. ;)

This is the master bedroom. The room dividers I made are set unevenly because I wanted to give the room a different look. Also, I wanted both of the dividers to match up with the doors and to do that, they had to be slightly offset.
    Khaleesi%20Master%20Bedroom_zpsyktktpge.png

This is a little sitting area I was arranging by the bathroom. As you can see, it is far from complete.
    Khaleesi%20Master%20Bedroom2_zpsspnvgm1t.png

This is the small stairwell area. Originally, I had some décor on the side walls too, but then I thought it looked too crowded. Now, I think it looks empty, haha.
    Khaleesi%20Master%20Bedroom3_zps8bp48d6p.png

@celticbard I think it's looking great - some really inventive decor on the walls (the chopping board is great!) As the walls are quite busy and the big carpet under the bed is also busy, I wonder if it's worth trying a different kind of wooden floor? The floor has lots of panels and variation within it. I think something simpler would give everything else more room to breathe. Lookin fab though!
    @Oblongaman Neat! it looks like a real life theatre! I just noticed your staircase too. It has a nice red carpet effect. I really like your roofing also. For your door when you move it up do you have any trouble with it sticking there? I'm always avoiding using the 9 and 0 key functions to move objects up and down as they never seem to stay there unless they are attached to a wall. I've never tried it with a door though.
    @celticbard Welcome to the thread:) It's too bad you're having trouble with your interior decorating. What about the rooms bothers you? The lighting and decorations are very nice and go well together I think. The layout of your upstairs is very creative and its interesting how you made the room dividers although I notice one going through the carpeting so maybe different carpeting or a little moving around of the dividers? other than that it looks really good I think. I really like the bedroom headboard:)
    Thanks @Brendy927 I used 0 and 9 all the time. It seems to work ok with the doors in terms of placement but sometimes I have trouble getting it to rotate to the position I want. To get the red carpet effect I basically have 3 staircases next to each other - 2 white staircases on either side and a red staircase that covers 2 squares wide in the middle. I saw a few people using this technique.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Modern Concept Oasis is very nice! @pronterus :) I have posted about your home on your showcase thread. Your new WIP is looking very nice! Very nice exterior design of the home! The projecting structures on the sides of the home look very great! It looks very nice how the windows are used in the build. I will look forward to seeing the finished build!
    Each of your WIPS are looking very nice! @Oblongaman :) Very nice exterior designs and layouts of each of them! The cinema build looks so very nice and grand! The red carpet and stairs entrances on each side of the front of the venue looks very nice! Very nice front exterior of the build and roofing! The modern design of the art gallery looks very great! It looks very artisticm creative and stylish! Each of the home builds look very nice! It looks very nice how swampland cabin is built over the water. The design of the outdoors of post apocalyptic living looks great! I will look forward to seeing the finished builds! :)
    Mini Versailles looks so very elegant and grand! @Brendy927 :) It looking so very nice! You are reflecting the inspiration picture so very well! The enlarged clock look great on the wall! The windows and balconies look very nice how they are placed in the bulld! Very nice black and white chequered flooring! The water fountain wall decor look very ornate on the walls. I will look forward to seeing updates of your build! :)
    The master bedroom looks very nice! @celticbard :) The way that you have used the room dividers gives a great look to the room! The design of the bedhead area looks very nice! The patterned floor rug gives a nice look to the room. The plants look nice either sides of the bedside tables, and the green colour of them looks nice to complement with the colour scheme of the room and to add a touch of green. The type of curtains used look nice in the room and suit the rest of the room. The sofa seats sitting area off from the bathroom is looking nice, and is a nice idea to have a sitting nook there. The way you have positioned the lights on the staircase well wall looks very nice!
    I will look forward to seeing updates of your WIP! :)
    My WIP is finished! :) I call it Modern Narrow because I can't think of a better name lol.

BttVnOJ.png

The rest of the pics are in my showcase thread.
  • HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    Wow it looks like I missed out on a lot of people's great builds T.T I wish my internet would come back already but I still have to wait till Tuesday morning v.v (At a cafe right now) I am almost finished my Canyon Spa Center, just a few more interior decorating and then playtest it. :) will upload it on Tuesday~

@pronterus where can I find the image changer mod? I really want to use it. Can you tell me where you might have found it? :O thanks.
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
    @Heaveness You'll have to download the Sims 4 Tray Importer program: tutorial and download is here. :)
    edited February 2016
    Modern Narrow is a very nice home! @pronterus :) Very nice design of both the exterior and the interior of the home! I have postured about your home on your showcase thread.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I'm working on my first 64 x 64 lot, and I decided to create an English country estate, which I am calling Pemberly. It is loosely based on the layout of an actual estate although the architecture is quite different from the house in England. The architecture of the main house is done and I have just started working on the interior. Given how big the lot is, I know it's going to take some time to finish everything! :)

02-21-16_104804nbspAM.png
    02-21-16_104857nbspAM.png
    02-21-16_104957nbspAM.png
    02-21-16_105056nbspAM.png
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    OK, so many catching up to do, but here goes! :sweat_smile:

@pronterus I see that you finished your modern WIPs! :smiley: I will over to your thread soon! :)

@Oblongaman Welcome back! :smiley:

I see you'd been busy with your numerous WIPs, eh! Haha! ;) Very creatively done with your WIPs, love each of your MOOing! Your Contemporary Art Gallery is the most one I'm looking forward to, really love how you did with diamonds! I really can't wait to see each of your finished builds! Thank you for posting your WIPs here! :smiley:

@Brendy927 Your Mini Versailles WIP looks very pretty! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, it do reflects from the inspiration very well! The clock above is a great touch! The lion fountains are a great idea too, as well as the decorative balcony!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIPs here! :smiley:

@celticbard Your interior shots looks pretty! :)
    Your master's bedroom looks gorgeous! I love on how you used the Perfect Patio wall decor as a divider! The decor on stairwell looks very nice too! Very creative MOOing! Unfortunately, interiors are much challenging to me as well, so I can't help and I apologize. :\ But I like Oblongaman's suggestion though! :)
    Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your updates or finished build! Thank you for posting your updates! :)

@StSciurus Your English Country Estate WIP looks gorgeous! :)
    Your architecture is pretty! Love the curving of the roofs and very nice dome too! The ivies and a few landscaping are very pretty! Very beautiful wall exterior design too!
    I'm lookign forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Pemberly looks so very nice! @StSciurus :) The design and layout of the build looks so very great! The curved roofing and the towers are very nice! It looks very nice how the windows are placed in the build. The greenery on the exterior adds a nice look to the build .
    I will look forward to seeing updates of our WIP! :)
    That's an awesome WIP @StSciurus ! Looking forward to how it turns out; big houses like that are my weakness haha!
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Thank you all for your suggestions and encouragement! I managed to finish the master bedroom last night, thanks to the feedback I received here, and I’ve posted the pics in my showcase thread. :)

@Oblongaman Thank you for taking the time to comment and help me with this build! I changed the floor to a simpler, more neutral tone without as much patterning in the wood and I think it looks much, much better. Not quite as busy, as you had predicted. So thanks again for your suggestion. It was very helpful. And btw, I just love the builds you posted. It’s hard for me to choose a favorite, since they all look fantastic and unique. You have a wonderfully creative style and such talent. Thank you for posting your builds! They really inspired me. :)

@Brendy927 Thank you so much for your feedback and kind comments! It was great hearing from you. It’s funny you should mention that rug. I was actually trying to change it myself, but there was a glitch in my game that wouldn’t allow me to move it for some reason. After playing around with it and moving the furniture on top, I finally managed to move the rug and I swapped it out for something smaller that wouldn’t stick out underneath the dividers. It looks much better now, so thank you for pointing it out to me! Also, I meant to comment on your new Versailles build. Wow! It looks incredible. You really did an excellent job replicating the look of Versailles. I just love baroque architecture. Please keep posting more pics. I can’t wait to see how everything turns out. :)

@rosemow Aww, thank you for your lovely comments! You’re always so sweet and encouraging. I’m glad you like what I came up with so far. You’re so kind to take the time to reply to my post and leave such nice comments. Again, thank you for everything!

@RyeCris16 Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments! I’m thrilled to hear that you like my bedroom so far. :) I actually enjoy interior decorating, I’m just very, very picky and self-critical. I have perfectionist tendencies, LOL. And yes, I’m obsessed with both MOO and resizing objects. Sometimes I get bored with the in-game wall art and I try not to use CC because I want to upload my builds to the gallery, so I attempt to create my own wall art by resizing pieces and moving things around and such. But I never know if I making things look modern or just plain weird, haha. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to encourage me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top