Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow :) I just need to stop complaining and actually practice! It's just, I know what I should be doing (I have problems with handling empty spaces mostly) but it all look so bad when I try compared to the amazing things others can pull off :dizzy:

Hello :) I am sure that your builds are very nice. The exterior of the home that you posted looks so very nice!
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Thank you Brendy and Rose! I wanted to make what my family home would be when they could afford it. I finally found the inspiration picture:

tumblr_inline_nx51a6ecZ31rd6w2g_500.jpg

Yeah... Maybe next time I'll not try to do something that massive LOL. I've been looking at many builds thread and saving pictures of pretty things people do, who knows if I keep staring at them my brain will light up and do it right :D
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    You just have to keep trying until you start seeing what you want to see. I don't think you have far to go. :)
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    The last time I ever tried to build anything in this game:

tumblr_o2r3hzCugr1uliz4vo1_1280.png

This monstrosity was unplayable, the kids would take 2 sim hours to go from their bedrooms to the kitchen. I don't know how to build small, even my 1 bedroom houses have rooms way too large because when windows are not symmetric, I ragequit. And then I remembered I don't know how to landscape so I gave up. :'(

Landscaping can be hard and I fully landscape my builds I just think while doing it how I would want my house to look. I grew up in neighbor hoods where most the houses had been around for 50 to 200 years so most had full growth and foundation was unseeable. under windows would be low plants and tall bushes or trees where there were no windows. So not a straight line of plants our eyes like to have a broken up line when it comes to plants as it is more natural.

best thing to do is start looking at showcase threads to see how others have landscaped and yes I will pimp my showcase thread to lol I have been told I do great decorating and landscaping
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    Hiawatha was actually my very first build years ago on Sims 4 like weeks after it dropped so went back the other day and perked it up with some of teh more recent pack stuff

02-16-16_11-48-05nbspPM_zpst1mqpssf.png
    02-17-16_7-28-50nbspPM_zpsybygytk3.png
    02-17-16_7-37-03nbspPM_zps6ysccjjb.png
    02-17-16_7-37-25nbspPM_zpsqtozgegh.png

and the Lamsby Lodge build I just wrapped up
    02-15-16_2-23-02nbspPM_zpsagz8dldr.png
    02-15-16_2-32-06nbspPM_zpsovbc8rhm.png
    02-15-16_2-35-35nbspPM_zpsyoebstru.png
    02-15-16_2-25-49nbspPM_zps29cki4pq.png
    02-15-16_2-28-30nbspPM_zpsruwolijh.png

@Ninoochat Maybe these will get your landscaping down mind you I go over board as I tend to think in old growth and I tend to do older style homes that fit with lots of plants
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm planning on making a 5 story apartment with the bottom floor being for things like a library, gym, maybe an indoor pool and the office while there will be 2 apartments per floor.

tumblr_m3uckd7PXg1r96fbno1_500.gif
    IRJsECv.png
    Hello @Fiever7 :) Your plans for the 5 storey apartment build sound great! Having library, pool, gym and pool community areas on thr ground level for everyone who lives in the apartments to use is nice. I hope that you enjoy working on your build :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Fiever7 :) Your plans for the 5 storey apartment build sound great! Having library, pool, gym and pool community areas on thr ground level for everyone who lives in the apartments to use is nice. I hope that you enjoy working on your build :)

Thanks. The idea came to me when I saw that you can set exclusive locks. I kinda did this with a 3 story house I made and had a sister living in the bottom floor which I locked to her only.
    IRJsECv.png
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    @rcone That birdeye view of the garden looks so pretty, I love how there's no empty space and everything have a purpose <3 I'll take a look at your thread for sure.
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @Brendy927 It great to hear that you figured this out and fixed your WIP! :smiley: Love how you did with a waterfall! :)

@Ninoochat Welcome to my WIP thread! :)

Your Colonial WIP looks pretty! :)
    Your architecture looks fantastic! The bricks really compliment each other. The balcony is a great idea too! And the roofing looks very nice! I see that you have issue with your build, especially play-ability, and I'm very sorry to hear about it. Nut sear @rosemow has her links covered (Thank you dear Rose! :)) Also, I'm not creative at landscaping as well, but I also see that there is already a link for it. But just keep practicing, the more you build, the better your builds are in the future like what I did, I started it with simple builds until I got skilled. :) Anyways, I see your inpiration picture too, it reflects the pic very well!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :)

@Fiever7 Welcome to my WIP thread! :) Your plans for your apartment looks great! :) Unfortunately, TS4 only limits up to four storeys, so building a fifth floor would be unlikely. But anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your WIP pics! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Now for mine, I'm going to take a break from Mid-Century Bunnies revising for now and going to start my new lot project. :) For now, I'm going to share my interior pics from the revision, and here goes: :smiley:
    5l2yH45.png
    vqPJm55.png
    lKnDvz3.png
    u61CCs6.png
    The interior of the build looks very nice! @RyeCris16 :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the living room! The green and pink colour scheme of the room looks very nice. It looks very nice how the pink sofas are place there, for sims to enjoy sitting resting there watching tv and chatting. The bunnies look cute on the side tables! The patterned pink floor rug adds a nice look to the area. Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music there! Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase, enjoying the sunlight coming through the cudtained window. The floral wall pattern in the bathroom looks pretty. The sunflowers picture on the wall is sunny for sims to see when using the bathroom sink. The kids bedroom bedhead area looks great! Very nice computer study desk area between the beds! The books are a nice touch beside the computer. The freezer bunny wall picture is nice for sims to see when sitting at the other study desk area .
    I hope that your new build goes very well :)
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    @Brendy927 It great to hear that you figured this out and fixed your WIP! :smiley: Love how you did with a waterfall! :)

@Ninoochat Welcome to my WIP thread! :)

Your Colonial WIP looks pretty! :)
    Your architecture looks fantastic! The bricks really compliment each other. The balcony is a great idea too! And the roofing looks very nice! I see that you have issue with your build, especially play-ability, and I'm very sorry to hear abit. Nut sear @rosemow has her links covered (Thank you dear Rose! :)) Also, I'm not creative at landscaping as well, but I also see that there is already a link for it. But just keep practicing, the more you build, the better your builds are in the future like what I did, I started it with simple builds until I got skilled. :) Anyways, I see your inpiration picture too, it reflects the pic very well!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :)

@Fiever7 Welcome to my WIP thread! :) Your plans for your apartment looks great! :) Unfortunately, TS4 only limits up to four storeys, so building a fifth floor would be unlikely. But anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your WIP pics! :)

Hmmm thanks for this. Will for sure need a bigger lot. Can make 2 apartments on the bottom floor. Not gonna make anyone live in a basement. Lol.

Kinda inspires me once done with this build to make one that's all ground floor.
    IRJsECv.png
    @RyeCris16
    Your house is so humorous. I love that your theme is bunnies and I bet Anyanka from Buffy would scream her head off, lol. The midcentury colors you use really work well together. I'd love to see what you have on the exterior of the build.
    So I've almost finished my landscaping and just have a few more spots to do in the back. I also thought you guys might like an aerial view of the inside as there are tunnels that go into the mountain.

O7bBZOP.png

The bottom basement level
    SJP4FHv.png

Next level
    KIqKZ9g.png

last 'underground' level
    Kiuxx0N.png
    The exterior of the build looks so very great! @Brendy927 :) The design and layout of the build looks very, very nice! Very nice roofing! The landscaping work looks very nice! The Knights look great in the build, standing guard on each side on the stairs. The different levels of the build, and how the stairs are placed through the bulld look very nice! The exterior texture gives a great look to the build. The cherry blossom tree looks pretty in the build. It was great seeing pictures of the interior of the levels. The tunnels looks very great!
    I will look forward to seeing further updates of your build! :)
    edited February 2016
    Well got the building up with no interior, Thinking about making the pool outside though to kinda fill in the space.
    sPBH2cM.png

Well... the walk ways need more room... big flaw in the design
    Jkw9alf.png
    IRJsECv.png
    It is great that you have started working on your new build @Fiever7 :) Having the pool outdoors would look nice in the build, and would make good use of the outdoors areas. You could then use the area around the pool as patio areas for sitting and for outdoors dining if you would like that as a part of your build.
    It is great that you have started working on your new build @Fiever7 :) Having the pool outdoors would look nice in the build, and would make good use of the outdoors areas. You could then use the area around the pool as patio areas for sitting and for outdoors dining if you would like that as a part of your build.

I have an idea for it remembering back at my friend's place.
    Also I just thought of the fastest way to make all the apartments.
    Since they usually all have the same stuff inside of them for kitchens and bathrooms I can just copy the rooms and paste them in.
    IRJsECv.png
    Fiever7 wrote: »

I have an idea for it remembering back at my friend's place.
    Also I just thought of the fastest way to make all the apartments.
    Since they usually all have the same stuff inside of them for kitchens and bathrooms I can just copy the rooms and paste them in.

Hello. Saving the rooms to your library and then placing them again in the different apartments is a great idea! :) It will help you when furnishing each of the apartments. You will be able to make small adjustments when placing the rooms in each of the apartments if you want to alter the looks from one to another , or you will be able to keep them the same as each other to have complementing apartments.
    Thank you dear @rosemow, always appreciated your lovely comments! :blush: Actually, the bunny painting from the third picture isn't in its permanent location yet (I forgot to say that you should ignore it, hehe!) as I'm still figuring out where should I place the bunny painting, hehe! ;) Anyways, *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@Brendy927 Thank you for the comments! :) Actually, it's not a true mid-century colors unfortunately, but I chose to do the pastel color as this is my Easter Day build. LOL about Anyaka! I bet nobody can resist about the color. :p Anyways, *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    And as for the interior, here is the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14568745/#Comment_14568745
    Just ignore the Southern Serenade part, it's already finished. :)

Anyways, I see that you're almost done with your Rivendell WIP! :smiley: Love how you did with the roofing design! The landscaping part looks very beautiful too! I really can't wait to see it finished! :smiley: If you're done, just share it on Share Your Creations thread by dear @BreeMiles. :)

@Fiever7 Great to see you started building! :)
    Your apartment WIP looks great! :)
    Your architecture is very nice! A pool will be a nice addition on this apartment build. Saving rooms is also a fantastic idea too, so you don't need to stress yourself doing same rooms all over again.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    My WIP is complete! I call it Modern Concept Oasis

Xa0K9eH.png

This is my new WIP:

HfL2sBE.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Very stylish, @pronterus ! I see you've taken advantage of the new image changer for your gallery pictures! :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @StSciurus ! I've always wanted a mod like that to help me feature the best parts of my build. :)
    @StSciurus That image changer mod sounds really useful. I'm not usually into mods but that sounds so good. I hate the pictures that the gallery takes sometimes. One time it just took a picture of a big rock that completely blocked the view of the house I'd built, lol.

@Pronterus I"m in awe of your build. The double balcony is so creative and lovely. The trim and pillars work so well together and the green on top is a nice touch. I love the colors that you've used. The red, white, and brown with green look really good. It has a earthy modern feel to it. Your windows are so different. I would really like to use that technique sometime. It looks really good. Thanks for sharing this with us:) The new build you're working on looks like it will be equally stunning when its done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top