Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    @celticbard naaaaaaahhhhh don't be intimidated by everyone here, we aren't here to roast each other for our WIP. This is a thread to show us what you might be working on and give us that sneak peak! :) So who cares if you think your work is newbish because we all start from somewhere! And who knows you might get some insight on other people's builds on how you can further improve your build. There is no lose-lose situation here, that's why a thread like this exists to chat and learn from others. To be better builders! ;)<3
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    edited February 2016
    The new WIP is looking very nice! @celticbard :) Please don't be concerned about posting in this thread! Everyone wants to help and support each other. Very nice design and layout of the build! The windows look nice how they are placed in the build. As you add landscaping to the outdoors areas. the build will continue to develop and take on it own special look. I will look forward to seeing updates of your WIP! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @celticbard Welcome to my WIP thread! :) You don't need to be fell nervous about sharing your WIP, everyone is welcome posting their WIPs to ask for advise, help, and impression. This gives a cause a reason to finish your build. :)

Anyways, Your WIP looks amazing! :)
    Your architecture looks very nice, love the blue! The roofing looks cool! The balcony landscaping is pretty!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :)

New York Brownstone Townhouses by @StSciurus is finished! :) You can see more details about this build in this link below:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14573827/#Comment_14573827
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I agree with what has been said, @celticbard ! This is the place to get advice and encouragement, no matter what your level. I have learned so much by posting on this thread. Thanks again to @RyeCris16 for starting it! :)
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    @Heaveness Thank you! You are so sweet to take the time to assuage my fears! Like I said in my post, I’m not afraid of receiving criticism, that would be welcomed, actually, because I’m sure there are many aspects of my builds that could use critiquing. I guess I’m just a little shy being a newbie here and I would like to follow forum etiquette and what-not. Having said that, everyone here has been so wonderfully welcoming and kind, so I’m not as nervous as I once was. I guess I still just get a little intimidated posting in the larger, more public threads, because I haven’t built many things yet and consequently, I don’t consider myself well-versed in building terminology or skills. :)

@rosemow As always, you are so kind and welcoming and PATIENT with me, haha. I feel like I shouldn’t even thank you for being such a sweetheart, because it must come so naturally to you, as if it were one of your Sim “traits”. But I will thank you, sincerely and thoroughly, every time you respond to one of my posts, even though I probably sound like a broken-record right now. Thank you, rosemow, for commenting on my build and giving me such lovely feedback. You are so helpful and thoughtful and calming. Thank you, a million times over, for everything you’ve done and continue to do, not only for me, but for everyone here on this wonderful forum. :)

@RyeCris16 Thank you so very much for welcoming me to your thread! I was so happy to find a place to post my WIPs with the possibility of getting advice/insight from other builders. I’m very pleased to hear that you liked my modern WIP so far, especially the roof decks. They were both a feature on the house that served as inspiration for this build, but had absolutely no landscaping, so I felt like I had to add something to catch the eye, even if it was sectioned off. As far as the coloring goes, I’ve been calling the house “Khaleesi Blue” (It’s a Game of Thrones thing, referencing the blue costumes one of the actress’s wears) but I’ll definitely change the name before and if I post this lot to the gallery, haha.

This is only my second build, so I’m really, really happy it was welcomed here on your thread. You’ve certainly helped reduce my initial shyness and I very much look forward to posting here and commenting on other builds. Thank you again!

@StSciurus Ah, so you are the simmer who built the NY brownstone! (I responded at length about your build in my showcase thread, I was actually searching the forums, trying to figure out if it was you who created that lot.) Anyway, that’s so cool! I’m definitely going to head over to your thread to take a look at your new Townhouse. And thank you so much for welcoming me and encouraging me to continue posting. I’m so happy to be a part of this forum and I simply cannot wait to get to know some of my fellow simmers. Sorry this reply is short, but I want to go over to your thread right now and see your finished brownstone! :)
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    [quote="RyeCris16;14576345"posting their WIPs to ask for advise, help, and impression.[/quote]That would include getting the advice before one finishes the build :p (just joking around so..)

@celticbard I like youre new WIP

ccBcpyk.jpg
    @crysk LOL! And thank you for your feedback. So glad you liked my new WIP. :)
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    So I have been wanting to do an Elven Palace similar to Rivendell in Lotr but until recently I had no idea where to start on such a project. I would say thanks to participating in challenges in contests I've learned a lot! This build is going to take me a long time I think but here it is so far after putting about a day's worth of time into it. The only thing is that the lot when I save the progress on the library shows it as being made by someone else and I'm sure it was because I was looking at other peoples Rivendell creations on the same lot just before I started to build my own. Besides that silliness I'm thrilled with how it's turning out so far and am dying to share what I have done :)

8TOq9V1.png

gKWttT5.png

vzieyJi.png

fFj9rrW.png

Ke50atM.png
    edited February 2016
    The Elven Palace is looking so very, very nice! @Brendy927 :) The design of build looks so very great! Very nice layout of the build! The rock waterfall fountains either sides of the steps look so very nice! The descending rock water fall features area looks so very, very nice! The roofing over the upper bridge pathway looks great! The stairs look very nice how they are placed in the build.Very nice exterior design of the buildings. The WIP is looking so very great!
    If you would like to have the build without the other simmer being named as the original creator, you will need to try to save the sections of the build as rooms. Then start a new save game file, and place the rooms from your library onto a new lot, and rebuild your build that way. It may be hard doing that though because of the type of build the palace is.
    Thank you @Rosemow for your thoughtful and kind comments as always. You are such a wonderful person :)
    Yeah I'd hate to consider rebuilding room by room as there are a lot of free objects everywhere and the roofing would have to be done over again. I think I'm going to leave it as is and just explain in the description on the gallery when I upload it.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I love this fountain so much that I'm creating a park about it

1085jbd.jpg

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

Your WIP park is looking very nice! @KojiK :) The Romantic Garden items look very nice how they are placed there! The statue looks nice on the bridge between the water. The water fountain features look very pretty! The lily pads look nice in the water, The water feature windows look nice.
    It will be a very nice park! :)
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    My park is ready..!! I'm doing some tests before upload it to the gallery

14me1pt.jpg

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

edited February 2016
    It is great that you have finished your park! @KojiK :) The flowers and floral arches look very pretty in the build! The sitting nook area with the seat benches on each of the sides of the circular flowers feature looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in the sunshine, enjoying the nice setting.
    I hope the play testing of the lot goes well.
  • HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    @Brendy927 I've been watching your progress on that Rivendell! I would love to see you finish it and looking forward to it! :) Send me a link when it is complete. I love LOTR especially the movies~ :D
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
    @Brendy927 Wow, what a beauty! I love the Elven architecture from the LOTR movies. In fact, it's the epitome of all things beautiful, in my mind. To successfully build an Elven palace like Rivendell, the Last Homely Home, shows how incredibly talented you truly are at building. I am in awe of what you have created so far, and like Heaveness, I beg you to please send me a link when you are finished. In the meantime, I will definitely be following your progress very closely. Good luck with your build!
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @Brendy927 Welcome to my WIP thread! :)

Your Rivendell WIP looks very gorgeous! :smiley:
    Your architecture looks very complex with a complex and creative roofing design! The water feature looks very creative too!
    Sorry to hear that you caught by a wrong Original By bug. Saving a room would be a workaround, but it looks very tiring, especially that this is a very complex build. Hope EA/Maxis will fix this very soon! Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :smiley:

@KojiK I see that you finished your park WIP! I'm looking forward to seeing it in your gallery and on your showcase thread! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @KojiK lovely garden. I really like the original piece you built around and with your permission I'd love to use it in my build somewhere. I really like how you fit the pieces together like that. Truly lovely :)

@Heaveness And I'm following your progress closely too! it looks like you're doing a spa setting? I love how you made it in a canyon and it really inspired me actually in my build to do a mini canyon. Thank you for the interest in my build! I'll be sure to share it when I'm finished.

@celticbard Oh wow! What a compliment *blush*! I'm glad you like my build as i'm working pretty hard on it. It's my most ambitious build yet. I'm still learning new ways to build things and I can't take all the credit for what you see as I've seen other people do it and I'm just trying to imitate their fantasticness. I'll be sure to share it when I'm finished. Thank you for your interest.

@RyeCris16 Thank you for making this thread. It's really nice that there is a place to share builds with other people. I think I might end up doing the room by room fix you and @rosemow mentioned because I'm having issues with the water emitters flickering right now and I might have to do them from the ground up anyway just to fix that issue too. Thank you for the lovely compliment:)
    I got everything moved over to another lot! And its saving as mine! I even streamlined my water emitters and fixed the flickering problem I was having. I'm trying out a new style with the waterfalls.

Old style
    3Z9k2JC.png

New Style
    FA35w5z.png

I still have to put in decorations and rocks but I'm liking the less realistic style especially if it stops the flickering problem:)
    It is great that you were able to move your build onto the new lot and it is now has you as the creator ! @Brendy927 :) I am giad that you have been able to fix the flickering issue that you were experiencing, The new style of waterfalls looks very nice! It is a very nice build! The design of it looks very great!
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    The last time I ever tried to build anything in this game:

tumblr_o2r3hzCugr1uliz4vo1_1280.png

This monstrosity was unplayable, the kids would take 2 sim hours to go from their bedrooms to the kitchen. I don't know how to build small, even my 1 bedroom houses have rooms way too large because when windows are not symmetric, I ragequit. And then I remembered I don't know how to landscape so I gave up. :'(
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited February 2016
    Your house is actually quite lovely, @Ninoochat ! The play issues may have something more to do with what else is in your game than the build itself. I am not a technical expert so I can't really advise you there. I'm hoping that @rosemow will weigh in here, because she can point you to excellent tutorials about landscaping.
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :) I just need to stop complaining and actually practice! It's just, I know what I should be doing (I have problems with handling empty spaces mostly) but it all look so bad when I try compared to the amazing things others can pull off :dizzy:
    @ninoochat Your exterior is so nice! I love how you created the front entrance, it looks very beautiful to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top