Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    This is a *lovely* house! Awesome!
  • NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    Hi! I love your manor, I just favoured it on the gallery and started following you (anchesenamon on the gallery ;) )! It's been a while since I visited your thread (sorry about that) and you've added so many becaustiful homes! They're very inspirational! I'm looking forward to seeing more. <3
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Has anyone seen my jaw? I think I dropped it while viewing your gorgeous Tudor house. ;) I am especially in awe of your kitchen and bathroom. A real pleasure to witness such inspired creativity! Thank you. :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Manssom, Thank you for the lovely comment on Westwynde! :blush: As for the other build, I just know if you ever decided to try one, it would be Awesome. B)

@Sucom, Its very nice to meet you and thank you for your kind comment! :blush:

Hello @Nejioranaid, please don't apologize... I too find it difficult trying to keep up with the threads as well as the gallery. I'm Always late :persevere: Thank you for taking the time to stop in for a look and for the follow! I really appreciate both. :blush:<3

@StSciurus, Lol! :p:D Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! Very kind of you. :blush:
    Solitude 1br. 1ba.
    Lot Size: 20x15
    Cost: $33,466
    Build N Share Challenge

Gallery Link

I actually finished this build before my last entry because it had a Due Date and I had to get it in on time. However, I didn't want to take too much time away from my last request, so I put adding this one in here, on the back burner. :blush:

The Challenge rules called for a post modern home, designed like a studio apartment on the interior. It was being built for a male ballet dancer, Rich Marriner, who was looking for a place to rest and relax, with all the conveniences. He also wanted a nicely landscaped yard and an area to do yoga and meditate. All this for Under 35K AND the lot price had to be included. I also created the sim for this challenge, something I don't usually do. I will include a picture of him with a link to his outfits after the home pictures.

1%20Front%20of%20Home_zpsjk0wvler.png
    3%20Right%20side_zpsafup849b.png
    7%20Left%20side_zps8juxqb0u.png
    25%20Backyard%20yoga%20area%20and%20hot%20tub_zpstav4wf8r.png
    8%20Roof%20View_zpshpenpjdv.png
    9%20Layout%20of%20home_zpsbnehzump.png
    12%20Living%20Room_zpsykigkirl.png
    16%20Kitchen_zps0m5azdgn.png
    25%20kitchen_zpsqei0yajk.png
    17%20Bedroom_zpsxah1jif2.png

Good Night!
    22%20Night%20View_zpsxhxlvflp.png

Rich Marriner
    Gallery Link
    Link to Slideshow

17.%20Rich%20Marriner_zpsdkm6dcfp.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Solitude is a very nice home! :) Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The roofing looks so very great! The colours and the stone and wood texture of the exterior looks very nice together . The cactus and other plants look nice placed in the garden beds on the edges of the home. Very nice hot tub nook! Sims will enjoy resting in the tub. The meditation and yoga patio is a very restful place for sims to enjoy quietly meditating on the stool or doing yoga on the mat. The water ball fountain and the water window are nice for sims to see when doing the activities there,Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The open plan living, dining and kitchen areas looks nice. Very nice tv and fireplace sitting area! The sofas look very nice how they are placed there, and the table look nice angled on the corner . Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas watching tv and enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The candles look pretty on the coffee table. The kitchen area is very nice! The island sink and bar stool counter is great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there eating a meal with sunlight coming in through the windows. The brick texture of the kitchen wall and the placement of the kitchen cabinets around the windows and fridge looks very nice. The master bedroom looks very calming. The wall lights look nice placed above the dresser. The brown colour scheme of the interior of the home looks very nice.
    Rich Marriner is very nice!
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thank you for the kind review, @rosemow! Very much appreciated. :blush:<3
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Very nice, Ms Cath. Great modern. I really like the open floor plan. Wonderful color scheme. !♥♥ LOVE it!!!

I am currently building a modern also. I am trying to stay under $40,000. So far so good.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cath, I pause to take a breath, and you're putting out even more wonderful creations! Love 'em all. Excellent work on the modern. It may not be your preferred style, but you rock it when you do it. :) Your Tearose Starter is so pretty and ridiculously good for that price! Westwynde Manor is simply beautiful and perfectly appointed throughout, with so many thoughtful, detailed touches. Kudos for all the great work!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful build! I love the structure and the pretty interiors. The little outside area with the fountain looks great for meditating! Good job Cath! Will be adding to my favourites. <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Westwynde Manor is a magnificent build with fantastic roof structure and the most stunning landscaping, so beautifully designed :) Solitude is another wonderful creation, absolutely love the interior design, so stylish and chic :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited February 2016
    Westwynde Manor is a gorgeous Tudor mansion! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very grand and complex. Really love your wall design and fantastic roofing too! Your landscaping is so beautiful! The lake is so gorgeous and how you landscaped too, as always! Really love the winding paths you did and very pretty patio. And your interior, so gorgeous! As always, really beautifully designed and decorated! Love how bedrooms has their en-suite baths. The basement looks very entertaining too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

I knew you could post Solitude here, I was waiting for it, hehe! ;D It's a fantastic post modern build! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, truly complex and really reflects the post modern theme of this build! Your roofing looks very fantastic too! Your landscaping is very pretty! Love that rich desert garden you did! The enlarged flowerbeds from Spa Day looks a great touch and very relaxing meditation area! And your interior, so sleek! Love that black color you chose, black is my favorite color! ;) The living rooms looks very cozy too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves and best luck for your BnS challenge! :smiley:

I'm not sure if you're going to post Roseberry Cottage here, but I thought I would like to comment about your lovely Valentine's Day build! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so charming and lovely! Love the angles too and again, very fantastic and complex roofing! Your landscaping is very beautiful! Love the lake you did and how you added a wising well on it. Very pretty gardens too! And your interior, so lovely! Love the soft pink color you chose, a truly romantic build.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

EDIT: Congrats on your Roseberry Cottage being faved by Maxis! :smiley:
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Solitude is gorgeous, Cath! I love the colors, the wonderful interiors, everything! And your screenshot made me want to build in Oasis Springs again, long time since I did that! :blush:
    @Cassee, Thank you! It's so hard to try to stay on a budget, isn't it? Your "Simply Me" turned out Fabulous! :blush:

@BryonyRae, Thanks so much, Bry! I appreciate All your lovely compliments, but especially on the modern. I really Love them when I see some of the creativity on the gallery, but I do have trouble trying to come up with ideas for them. It's always a nice surprise when I build one that people actually like, lol! :p

@yanti68, Thank you, Yanti! And thanks for adding it to your faves too! :blush:

@masajo, Thank you for your very lovely comments, Masajo! :)

@RyeCris16, Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments, Rye! I'm so happy to hear you really liked Solitude! And Now I know your favorite color, lol :p I have to tell you, it wasn't easy trying to stay to just 100 tiles with no wall being more than 10 squares. I thought I was going to tear my hair out in the beginning, haha! Thank you for the good wishes in the challenge too. :smile:

Thank you also for the lovely comments on Roseberry Cottage, Rye! As a matter of fact, I am going to add a post for it as soon as I finish thanking all my lovely friends, who stop in to visit. I really appreciate each of you! :blush:<3

Whoa! I just saw that it was faved! What a Lovely surprise!! Thank you for letting me know, Rye! :smiley:

@vethesims, Thank you for the wonderful comment, Vee! It's funny but I very rarely build in Oasis Springs and you're right, it really is a Beautiful world. I'm going to try to build there more often too. :blush:

Roseberry Cottage 2br.1ba.
    Lot size: 20x30
    Cost: $140,226
    No CC

Gallery Link

I saw the inspiration pic for this home and thought it would be Perfect for Valentine's Day. At first I built the main part of home on the diagonal and the little addition was straight but when I saw how it was going to look on the gallery pic, I decided to rebuild it with the little addition being on the diagonal instead and the main house on the straight. It just didn't look right from the angle the gallery camera, was showing it.

I wanted to give this home a romantic feel, so there are lots of flowers, winding pathways and a lovely swim-able pond. There are also a couple of little nooks to relax in, surrounded by gardens. The interior is very feminine with pink and white being the main color scheme.

Anyway, here she is:

1_zpsiojqtmgp.png

3_zps7purb3g5.png

6_zpssyiyr3fr.png

7_zpsbsuhuizu.png

8_zpsphk2lutd.png

garden_zps2tivpdsf.png

9_zpssfmh86se.png

18_zpsuugwvtkq.png

19_zpszm65kxvk.png

12_zpscexjbzlx.png

13_zps5wfj8uw3.png

11_zpsw6l8uzob.png

14_zps8e07l6sf.png

15_zpsvjs4p3hf.png

16_zpsdqrutwfo.png

17_zpskgfcm01y.png

There are a few more pics in the slideshow, if you care to look. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! :blush:<3

Goodnight!

20_zpsdsdswsmg.png

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Completely charming! :)
    @StSciurus, Thank you! I just finished having a look at your New York Brownstones. Love them! :blush:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited February 2016
    Roseberry Cottage is so very pretty ! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! It looks so nice! The berry/rose red colour of the exterior looks very nice.Very nice roofing! The flowers look so very, very pretty through the outdoors areas! They look very nice on the edges of the pond! The wishing well looks nice in the build. The pathways look great! The outdoors nooks are very nice! Very nice chess nook for sims to have fun playing chess outdoors in the air. Nice art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the outdoors air. Very nice table and chairs nook for sims to enjoy chatting in the sunshine, enjoying the very nice floral setting! The flower box windows and the flowery greenery on the exterior walls looks very nice! The corner fencing on the lot, the side hedging and the hedge archways on the sides of the lot gives a very nice look to the build. The flower lamps look pretty amongst the flowers. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The pink and white colour scheme of the interior looks so very nice! The open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen areas of the home looks very nice.Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area in the living room! Sims will enjoy resting in front of the fire there watching tv. and reading books from the bookcase. The wall pattern in the room areas looks nice. The lamps, books, clock and tissues are nice home touches on the side tables. Sims will enjoy the nice aroma of the incense whilst sitting there. Very nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy using the computer at the desk table. The grandfather clock looks homely in the room. The scenic picture add nice touches in the room.Very nice design of the kitchen and dining area ! The type of dining seats used looks nice. Very nice windows stove nook! The flowers on the kitchen counter and dining table are pretty for sims to see when cooking and dining there. Very pretty furnishing of the bedrooms! The type and placement of the curtains in the bedrooms looks so nice! The heart teddy, bunny, unicorn and butterflies pictures in the girls bedroom look cute, pretty and nice! Sims will have fun playing with the dollhouse. Very nice arnchairs sitting areas in the master bedroom, either sides of the bed. Sims will enjoy having a read of a book whilst sitting there. The items are nice home touches on the bedside tables in the bedrooms. The white flowers and sunflowers wall picture look nice in the master bedroom .
    The home is very pretty! :)
    Congratulations on the home being favourited by Maxis! :)
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath Solitude is a great contemporary build, perfectly landscaped, I love the little Zen area :) The interiors are gorgeous with their muted shades and furnishing.
    Love the name of the gorgeous Roseberry Cottage, beautifully landscaped . The decor is charming, so soft and pretty. Hugs Folly
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Ah..Ha!! Here it is....I saw this on the Gallery and thought to myself....Hey, I haven't seen pics of this!!

So, So, So CUTE!!! The gardens are wonderful. Great 'pond'....Not really a pink person, but these patterns and shades are perfect together.

A..DOR...A....BLE!!!♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I do love me some cottages and gorgeous gardens and you do both of them so adorably! <3 Roseberry Cottage <3 and all on a 20 x 30! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Dear Cath, Roseberry Cottage is adorable! I love the architecture and the choice of colours and textures for the exterior wall. Lovely garden! Absolutely enchanting! Already added to my favourites. <3<3<3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Wonderful architecture to Roseberry Cottage and I love your combination of exterior wall textures. The landscaping is out of this world, truly beautiful and the interior design is fantastic as always :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @rosemow, Thank you for your wonderful comments and congrats, Rose! I appreciate both them and you, very much. Hugs, :blush:<3

@follyfoot, thank you for the lovely comments! Like you, I find moderns more difficult to build, so it's especially nice to hear when one works out okay. :blush:

@Cassee, thank you for the awesome comments! Gotta have pink when it comes to Valentine's day, lol :p Nice to hear they worked well together, especially with our limited colors and textures. :blush:

@romagi1, thank you! I consider that high praise. Your cottages are always Amazing! Thanks for stopping in, it's lovely to see you! :blush:

@yanti68, thank you so much Yanti! I had a lot of fun building that one. :blush:

@masajo, thank you for your generous comments, Masajo! Very much appreciated. :blush:
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Hello, its me ;)

Sorry I wasn't active on the building threads lately, I became too obsessed with my modelling comps, also I got Sims 3 recently ;) But now I will be more active here again :) My internet connection is too slow at the moment to show up all the pics of your latest builds @WrathofCath , but I can already say that I will love it <3
    c6fj8ujnodut.png