Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Immobilien ~ New: Eco Lifestyle Builds

Comments

• cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    @yanti68 thank you. I love creating gardens but I hate interiors. I really miss the things I could do in Sims3. I want hills and real water, though I do like it that I can build swimable and fishable ponds thanks to moo and hiddenobjects :smiley:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Hi @crysk !
    I’ve been meaning to stop by your thread and check out your builds for a couple of days now. Sorry it took so long! You have so many beautiful lots posted in your showcase. I spent my morning happily scrolling through each of them. Like I said to @pronterus yesterday, you make it very hard to pick a favorite! LOL I love modern builds, but your natural, country-inspired lots are just as breath-taking. The converted barn in particular was such a great idea! And I love the fact that you separated the buildings. It gives the house a much more realistic feel.

Your gardens are just spectacular, too. I’m so taken with the small pond you added to the Wild Life build. It’s just so cute and looks so natural, as if it was already in-game, a part of the real landscape. ;)

I also think your usage of half-walls is really ingenious. You place them so thoughtfully and they always seem to add just the perfect accent to a room. You have such great interior decorating skills as well. I love the floor in the Japanese-style build. It works so well in the rooms. And the saunas with the glass doors are a great feature.

All of your work seems very carefully planned and expertly executed. :smile: I will definitely be keeping a very close eye on your showcase thread. Thank you for sharing your creations!
    @celticbard haha, take your time. It's no problem for me wether you took long to check out the thread or not ;) But I'm happy you decided to check it out.

The ponds in the Wild Builds are actually ingame items, you find them if you use bb.showhiddenobjects so yeah it was already in game ;)
    One is the Oasis Springs one and the other is from Willow Creek. You also find them in the parks of those neighbourhoods. They are a great way to fill up a larger lot, if you wish to keep the prize low. They also help clutter up kitchens for no money with bottles and such.

I usually use the half-walls if I want a bigger room but break it up a bit, to add nooks to it. I'm actually not too happy with my interior decorating skills. I actually have a lot in one of my saves that just has different floor designs, which I tried out. I just recently got into that, because I didn't know about using ctrl + f to place triangular shaped floor tiles.

About the carefully planned... I actually rarely do plan out lots. Most of the time I get a rough idea while awaiting sleep and if I still remember it on the next day I try how to realise it. Sadly I do lose patience really fast and if I dont get a rough design I'm happy with in about 2hours I just discard the idea.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    crysk wrote: »
    @yanti68 thank you. I love creating gardens but I hate interiors. I really miss the things I could do in Sims3. I want hills and real water, though I do like it that I can build swimable and fishable ponds thanks to moo and hiddenobjects :smiley:

Oh I miss the terrain tools too! It is no fun building on a flat ground all the time. Maybe someday we will get it back! If not for sims 4 then maybe for sims 5? I keep hoping. :) I also miss building on water! Island Paradise was one of my favourite sims 3 expansion pack.
    yanti68 wrote: »
    crysk wrote: »

Oh I miss the terrain tools too! It is no fun building on a flat ground all the time. Maybe someday we will get it back! If not for sims 4 then maybe for sims 5? I keep hoping. :) I also miss building on water! Island Paradise was one of my favourite sims 3 expansion pack.

Yeah building on water was great :D I'm hoping that we either get back that terrain tool for hills or that they add some hill items to work with. It looks so boring, if all is flat. And I really miss the fog emitter, so many great stuff you could do with it :D
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    edited February 2016
    Yumeiro Pâtissière

We recently aquiered another japanese styled lot. This time it is a Café. Sims may enjoy cakes and tea here, while chatting with their friends.
    They are able to sit at the windows upstairs and enjoy the view or just sit on one of the porches and listen to the birds.

E3Dit94.jpg
    jKA5TvJ.jpg
    DLYKHSo.jpg
    hJSlKpN.jpg
    M1ZBXin.jpg
    e8xMXck.jpg
    Post edited by crysk on
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Yumeiro Patisserie is a very nice Asian style cafe ! :) The exterior of the building is very nice! Very nice roofing! It looks very nice how the moon is in the sky in the gallery picture! The type and placement of the windows in the build looks very nice. The flowers and plants look very pretty in the front garden areas of the build! The lantern lights tree looks very nice there! The water fountain features look very nice! The enlarged candles look pretty either sides of the front door for sims to see when eating the cafe. The curtains are a nice touch on the front door, Very nice furnishing of the interior of the cafe! The floor patterning is so very nice! It looks very nice how the tables and chairs are set up for sims to enjoy ordering and eating and drinking food and drinks from the espresso bar. The coffee cup picture looks nice on the wall behind the espresso bar. The cherry blossom plants look very pretty in the venue! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    It is a very nice cafe for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Nice Japanese cafe @crysk So it's "Dream Color" this time :)
    @rosemow thanks for your nice words :blush:

@pronterus yep, I like dreams :lol:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I hadn't considered it, but the Windenberg Windows and wall coverings work really well in a Japanese inspired design. Your café is lovely! I love the gardens. :)
  • sarahj0781sarahj0781 Posts: 38 Member
    These builds are great and I love how you are showcasing them as a real estate ☺
    Thank you @sarahj0781
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely cafe! Very atmospheric! :)
    I adore what you’ve done with this new café @crysk . You really have a knack for building Asian-styled lots. I forgot to mention this in my other post, but your landscaping is absolutely breath-taking. It looks so realistic, the way the paths meander through the shrubs, trees and flowers. And your use of terrain paint shows restraint, while also appearing very natural. Excellent work! Incorporating some of the plants inside was also a great touch and made the rooms appear more organic, almost like a Japanese watercolor. Overall, it seems like a great hang-out for Sims. Definitely keep building Asian-inspired lots, crysk . They are certainly your forte!
    @yanti68 thank you, thats what I was trying to get ;)

@celticbard *blushes* well considering that the onsen was my first ever asian built, I do feel honored. And like I told you in your thread I just add the terrain paint randomly where it feels too green.

A little sneak peak of the inner garden for my japanese mansion (pic of the shell can be found in the WIP thread)
    5Qmjbmv.jpg
    Every bit in there is covered with either plants or one of the ponds (pic was taken from the pov of the pond ;) ) only the path is free and leads to all four sides and to that little sitting area. Btw that's the lot that is giving me the freezing trouble (they still seem to randomly freeze in the old prerepair saves and sometimes after leaving build mode in the new save)
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Stunning. Sim-ply stunning. Sorry, that was a really bad play on words, LOL. But I'm serious. It takes a ton of effort to layout a garden just right and for you, it seems to come naturally. (No pun intended there, either ;) ) In RL and the Sims, I'm crazy for that overgrown look that you do so well. It makes the garden appear so tranquil, as if your Sim sitting there is being transported to another world. :)

And I'm sorry to hear that your game is still freezing up on you. I wish I could give you some advice as you have been so kind to give advice to me, but I'm hopeless when it comes to technical issues. I will, however, keep my fingers crossed that everything starts to run smoothly for you. Your Japanese mansion is too beautiful to not work properly.
    edited February 2016
    @celticbard I like gardens with that look as well and if I had had more of a budget for the magical feen park I would properly have made the whole lot the way I now made that inner garden.

well for the coming out of build mode freeze i found a way around. Enter build mode from the neighbourhood, add whatever, save lot (usually do that lol), go back to neighnourhood and from there to live mode.
    It annoys me most that it seems to freeze at seemingly unrelated times (after different actions and different times passed) so I can't pinpoint it to what actually is causing it. I might reinstall the game the next time I'm visiting my parents (yay for a download limit of 15gb).
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    The inner garden looks so very nice! :) The flowers, plants and shrubs look very pretty! The flower ground lights are nice touches there. It is a very nice sitting area for the sims, in the midst of the very nice floral and plants setting!
    slPbBsh.jpg
    Still need to finish several rooms and do some landscaping, but needed to try the new oack items
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    The flowers look very pretty in your WIP! :) It is nice that you have bought the new stuff pack and are using it in your build. The umbrella that your sim is holding looks very nice!
    edited February 2016
    Kitsune no Yomeiri

This time we present you a japanese mansion for your Sims to live in. You will be able to sleep in several rooms, the childrens room even has three beds. And since a large family also often fights over the bathroom time we have added seven bathrooms. Of course we also added a kitchen on each floor.
    During your free time you will be able to do several activities, like swimming, training your fitness, doing some yoga, play games, enjoy a movie on the big screen, listen to a classical music recital or party in the bar. If you wish to relax after all this you may do so in one of the two tea rooms, the sauna or the whirlpool. One of the tearooms is in a seperated building surrounded by a large fountain and may be used for meditation as well.
    There is an inner garden for you to enjoy a romantic atmosphere and another large garden right in front of the main building. Here we created a large pond for fishing and swimming.

17qoLlj.jpg
    hdm2VNV.jpg
    1tHrXa0.jpg
    kCb0Osl.jpg
    xwpcWPH.jpg
    Qkq6ycL.jpg
    koBLbhL.jpg
    FyseU7B.jpg
    eZvpOo3.jpg
    UvFZ1BJ.jpg
    y5giFhG.jpg

note the CC items in the last picture was only added for taking the picture there is no actuall CC in the built

More pictures
    Post edited by crysk on
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Kitsune no Yomeiri is such a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design and lauout of the home! It looks very great! The outdoors areas are so very,very nice! Very nice pathways! The flowers look so very pretty through the garden areas! The cherry blossom tres are very nice .The curved shelter looks nice in the build. The pond area is very nice! The flower box windows look very nice! The balconies look nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The games and study desk area off from the bed area in the bedroom is great for sims to have fun playing the llama tabletop game or to do their homework at the table. The giraffe and teddy lookscute there! The colourful floor rugs look nice. The dance and bar room looks great! Sims will have fun dancing to the music from the DJ booth or enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar. It is nice that there is a music room in the home for sims to enjoy playing the musical instruments. The paintings on the wall are very nice for sims to see when playing the instruments there. Very nice stool and sofa seats sitting areas. Nice bookshelf nook for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there having a chat or reading a book. The pink flowers look pretty on the table there. The heart themed paintings on the walls in one of the bedrooms look very nice there. The clothes and shoes nook looks great!
    It is such a very nice home, outdoors and the interior! :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Great job @crysk :) The second to the last picture is my favorite!
    @rosemow :smiley: thanks for your kind comment

@pronterus haha thanks, I like the music one
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I love the music picture, too! Gorgeous gardens! :)