Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY IS MY SIM GLOWING?!

Comments

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I'm afraid you can't do much until the creators fix it :/

Nothing's wrong with your pc/laptop it's a very old issue in regards to cc.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi guys, regarding this issue: It's something we've tried a few times to reproduce without any luck. Without being able to reproduce it, I can't say if it's an issue we should fix, or just problem with the CC that the creator needs to fix.

Thanks @LisaKelland for the detailed list of mods that are showing the issue, although again I could not reproduce. For people experiencing this issue, what would help is if you could provide the following:
    • The list of Mods giving you problems. Provide the mod itself, or a link to the mod.
    • Your system information (dxdiag on PC, system profile on Mac)
    • The file Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log
    • Screenshots of the issue, as seen in game.

Thanks!
    SGMS
  • HSimmerHSimmer Posts: 29 Member
    Do you have an alien sim?
  • ArtemistepesArtemistepes Posts: 4 New Member
    when I started playing the sims the next time they had stopped glowing
  • Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    I have allot of CC which I first test in-game a few times to know if it's really save with older CC/Mods that I already have. If I have something then that interferes with the other CC I can easily delete it. Once you put it all away in one big unorganized folder it's harder the find that one file that is messing up your game.

This issue has been here for quite a while now, the hardest part about it is that it's not consistent. Some CC show the glowing effect in-game but the next simday when the walk by it's gone and the still wear the same stuff/hair, etc. Some have it constantly which I remove immediately.

-I download specifically from a few sites. 95% of the time there is nothing wrong, occasionally I run into an item that has the same 'glowing' effect.
    -Then we have the wide range of tumblr pages, etc... don't get me wrong there are ALLOT of great artists on tumblr!!! Some of the best are on tumblr! Unfortunately some provide CC that looks like this in game or have other defects.

You really have to be "picky" from which ones you download your content. Or at least test it a few times in-game before putting it in your game altogether.
    Tumblr username; Renorasims.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try color coding your CC. That way if there is something "wrong" with your game you can easily narrow down what might be the cause.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    are you sure it's not an alien?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2016
    It sounds like bad cc!

Have you spoke with the creator from where you downloaded it?
    The comments from other's who downloaded it?

The updates can mess with not all but some cc after all or a bug when some items are together!

When you download things always check with the creator and other simmers downloading to makesure everything's okay!

It might even need updating as some content does!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    Maybe the sims released an update including vampires ;) In all seriousness, must be the cc

S91Echo.gif?1
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited March 2016
    Did you name your sim Cullen?
  • AcatsimmerAcatsimmer Posts: 57 Member
    This is a cc issue, so i would suggest not playing with cc in your game :)
    kcDovEA.png
    Click on the banner above to visit my tumblr, and see the Bennett Legacy and simming on Mac tips!
  • breannababesbreannababes Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone, the most recent information I found out is that some custom content conflicts with one another, causing the shine. The most frequent problem I've found is with alpha hair, so I just don't use alpha hair anymore! :)
  • ArtemistepesArtemistepes Posts: 4 New Member
    I had that problem too, i tried deleting and reloaded the save, even started with a new sim family they still glowed, i have no mods or cc installed and then a few days later when I loaded my save they had stopped glowing
  • Ella56375Ella56375 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having the exact same issue with my sims and the custom content was there any way for you to fix it?
    The only way to fix it is to remove the bad piece of CC. Sorry, there is no other way to do this. :(
  • ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    Im having the same problem!! I have had my cc for a year now and i noticed it during a birthday party, my current sims mom who was decked out in cc had glowing skin. it had NEVER happened before
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Im having the same problem!! I have had my cc for a year now and i noticed it during a birthday party, my current sims mom who was decked out in cc had glowing skin. it had NEVER happened before

The game has been patched several times in the last year, your CC most probably needs updating to the latest patch. Check with the creator to see if there is a more up to date version.

apple-signature.png
  • ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member

The game has been patched several times in the last year, your CC most probably needs updating to the latest patch. Check with the creator to see if there is a more up to date version.
    I think I'm just gonna get rid of some of my cc most of it is hairs and shoes and hair and shoes aren't causing the glowing in my game
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • RivannaSimsRivannaSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly.. it's luck. This happens to my game all the time whether I use the same cc together or not. It usually the pants or the shoes so takes those off and put them back on and it's fixed. I also use multiple outfits, I will make 5 outfits the same of one so if it is shiny I just change outfits on my sim!
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited April 2017
    Honestly.. it's luck. This happens to my game all the time whether I use the same cc together or not. It usually the pants or the shoes so takes those off and put them back on and it's fixed. I also use multiple outfits, I will make 5 outfits the same of one so if it is shiny I just change outfits on my sim!

Wow.. this thread out of the dust bin! This stuff was happening 2 years ago into July of last year. I guess since you are seeing this problem with certain sets of clothing, it has to be the CC clothing.

I have CC and mods in my game but never saw this. Might be s specific CC author whose work does this.

If you don't mind doing your work-around (like you described above) each time they take on that "glass skin" look, then you're fine. otherwise get different CC outfits for them.

:)
  • Bellabot500Bellabot500 Posts: 1 New Member
    I figured out a solution. Go to plan outfits (one of the options for a dresser/closet) then remove the cc. After, put the cc on again and it works!
  • secretcat_201secretcat_201 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is there some sort of mod you can download to fix this? I have the same problem and its really getting annoying.
    Afraid not. It has something to do with the way the creator made the content. If you read further up on this page, you should see suggestions on how other simmers solve the problem.
  • secretcat_201secretcat_201 Posts: 4 New Member
    The only thing that's currently working is keeping my mac on laptop mode but the cc hairs really annoy me in that mode.
  • WitchBabWitchBab Posts: 1 New Member
    HEEEYYYY Y'all I know this is an old thread but whateva! Okay so I've been having the same problem. I'll tell you though its NOT the CC AT ALL!!!! SO I had the game on my original laptop, had a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ton of CC, everything was fine and working until my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 computer fan decided to die. Still gotta find out what to do. Anyways I decided to just play the sims on another laptop I have. I have all the CC from my original on a thumb-drive so I downloaded everything whateva. I start playing and my sim looks like it's been dipped in oil and everything is super laggy so natrually 🐸🐸🐸🐸?? I'm annoyed as hell now so i thought "maybe its because its an old computer I guess." so then i decided to transfer to the mac. SAME 🐸🐸🐸🐸 THING. Its not old, works perfectly, nothing wrong. It sure as hell ain't the CC either because on my original laptop everything was working fine and nothing was wrong at ALL. Someone has to find the solution to this man i just want to get back to playin. And yes I know I have three laptops but they were lent to me and work fine.