Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testing MOO - Updated 10/21/16

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @StSciurus I'm sorry that happened to you, although from what people have been saying, it may be a local issue, and others that download your build won't see the black windows. As for landscaping, I've never heard of any problems caused by MOO, as long as you're cognizant of sim routing. Always playtest before you upload. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Wise words! Thanks you @BryonyRae.
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have a big problem with an enlarged chimney set - even without MOO - on masonry attitude.
    In first version after uploading the chimney turned completely black, the second version it simply disappears after uploading. I thought that the reason was water emitters inserted with MOO inside of the chimney, but even in another option when emitters were not inserted in the chimney, the chimney now disappears every time, and I haven't even this black chimney.
    I have tried upload house with MOO but it didn't work .
    Sorry for my poor English
    011.01.2016_12-08-32_zps7onvl9wj.jpg
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    Is it up on the gallery now @kreatora? If so, I'll take a look at it as soon as I can today. If not, consider posting it as a "Test" version.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    If anyone has some time for sleuthing, I've been trying to help @anja_gersti with a lot, Ancient Ampitheater. There is a graphics glitch on the lot where flooring disappears when you zoom the camera in a bit. Here you see the flooring:
    seeflooring_zpszgscwaro.jpg

And here you don't:
    seeflooringnope_zpslazyo5mo.jpg

Anja had already figured out that if she deleted glass dance floors placed in a separate structure (but on the same level), it would eliminate the glitch. As we've found some issues with the glass dance floors, I wasn't entirely surprised, but what I've since found is that if you remove and then replace the ceiling on the affected rooms, doing so also eliminates the glitch without having to remove the glass dance floors. So I'm not entirely sure that the dance floors caused the issue; they definitely seem to play a role, but I'd like to understand it better. If we could figure out how to duplicate the issue, it would probably answer a lot.
    Fortunately it happened before uploading this house to Gallery when I have tested it. I always test my houses :)
    At this moment after many tries, there is no possibility of obtaining a good result.
    I had deleted this brick base but the space between the roofs where it was is "broken" Even ordinary chimney not enlarged disappear from there. I think enlarge chimney plus used MOO are not going good tohether.
    Enlarge chimnej will desapered wih MOO and without Moo eight times for ten. At least for me.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    edited January 2016
    @kreatora Do you still have an older test version of the build that you could upload though? I could quickly download it, let you know, and then you could delete it. I was playing around in my game and wasn't able to duplicate your issue (used the same chimney, enlarged and MOO'd on various spots, but it is always tough to try to recreate something from scratch, not knowing exactly how you set up roofing, etc. If you can recreate it on a new test build, that would be great too.
    edited January 2016
    I have this old version but I really don't want have it in Gallery longer like 10 minutes .Can we arrange a specific time? In my country at this time is 9.30 pm. What time is the best for you?
    P.S I still will be check this topic if you have a time let me know please.
    Once downloaded, write me something on the house I will check and immediately I will delete it
    Big thanks for helping ♥
    Post edited by kreatora on
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    @kreatora Right now it's 1:18pm my time, and I'm available. Once I see your response here, I'll download it and then post a comment on it to let you know I've done it.
    edited January 2016
    OK going :p
    I first uploaded later version by mistake Number 2 MO testing is this one
    Take it please ... It is donwloaded by players.. :'(
    Big thanks ♥ Well, unfortunately very quickly I will see 65 fakes of this the house. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 players were very fast :p
    Post edited by kreatora on
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    Got it, thanks. Will let you know what I find out.
    @kreatora Well, this has been quite the testing session off and on today! I do think that I understand what's going on now. Your gallery photo was different than your original photo, and I investigated the gallery shot first. I noticed that when I pulled your main roof back, there were two chimneys that looked like they had dropped to the floor. I suspect that maybe when you placed them, they didn't connect properly with a roof (there will be a slant to their collision box if they are connected properly), and since they weren't placed from within a room, they dropped.

When I placed a new chimney with it connected to the roof, placing the lot with MOO on preserved the chimney, but with MOO off, it was eliminated. To see what was going on, I kept MOO off and attempted to place a new chimney in the same spot (judging from the gallery picture). I was getting an error about "can't intersect other objects" and thought it might be the sprinklers, but actually, it was those chimneys that were already there. Once I deleted them, I could place the chimney anywhere it connected to the roof, and it would not drop or disappear upon re-placing the lot (same if it was enlarged). In general, I recommend keeping MOO off when placing chimneys anyway, as they don't really need MOO for placement in most scenarios.

Now, I wanted to move on to your original photo where you had created a structure and placed a fence and then the chimney enlarged inside of it. To the best of my ability, I recreated it on your build in a similar position. When I re-placed the build with MOO off, the chimney disappeared (and it did the same when it wasn't enlarged). With MOO on, it was there but darkened, as you mentioned.

I believe that what's happening is that the game is getting confused about the actual location of the chimney, likely because there are multiple roofs adjacent to and protruding into its structure, and the chimneys want to snap to roofs. With MOO on, the game drops the chimney into the room below it, even though it looks like it is still above the level (drop down a level and look in the space, and you'll see it). With MOO off, it just deletes it. Actually, due to some weird slow timing, I was able to witness the deletion once as I saved - it removed it from the lot while I was still in build mode! If I delete the main roof and the leftmost roof, the chimney is preserved in its proper position with MOO on or off. One time, it didn't delete it - it snapped it to that main roof, but it could not be seen until I deleted the walls of the structure.

To me, this isn't actually a MOO issue, since you can place the chimney in this position without MOO on. I think it's an issue with the coding of chimney objects. It seems erratic when adjusting roofs too. Sometimes adjusting a roof down or up will preserve the chimney, and sometimes it will delete it. I will be adding both issues to our Build Mode Feedback thread.

Thank you for all attempts and so accurate explanation. Now I will look for those missing chimneys, about whom you wrote above, and I hope that, although without this basis I will have this large chimney. You are woncerful ! ♥
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    You're welcome, and I hope it works out. :)
    Adding a glitch back to the list that I removed back in June:
    • Placing gates with bb.moveobjects on can cause graphical corruption - if you hover the gate over fencing, it erases fencing until you exit and reload the game.

I'm not sure if they had fixed the issue and it's since come back, or if I was mistaken in my testing back in June, but it's definitely present now and was also reported here.
    Just an update regarding the issue with ivy from Get Together: Lei-Up House Flowers, Ye Olde Universitee Ivy, and Oh Hanging Maple Leaves placed against/intersecting objects with bb.moveobjects may cause those objects to be deleted if the lot is placed with bb.moveobjects off. I've been testing it, and it's especially a problem with columns (deletes them every time) but can affect other object types as well, including ivy intersecting with ivy.
    edited February 2016
    Fixes in the 2/4/16 patch related to MOO:

[*] 7/9/15 - Windows MOO'd off wall in the interior now have lighting effects and shadows, as if they were still positioned against a wall. <-- I'm no longer seeing this.

[*] Placing a MOO'd lot on a larger size lot can relocate MOO'd objects. (place @Chris2fer03's Griswald Christmas House on a 50x50 lot to see an example). I have also found that this can happen even when placing on the same lot size but a different lot other than where the build was created/saved. <-- I wasn't entirely sure that this was fixed in the December patch because I found an instance where objects shifted in a particular build (Polar Express Christmas by Ripit01) on a particular lot (Oakenstead in Willow Creek). They didn't shift on any other lot though, and I already know that there are issues with Oakenstead (uneven terrain) that cause various problems on that lot. Thus, I think it's more an issue with the lot than with objects shifting in general.

[*] Sims can't route through enlarged shelves' collision boxes. <-- They can now! This was a very pleasant surprise fix. :) Let me add a caveat that there are still limits though, based upon how much you enlarge the object and how closely you position it to a useable object.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
    edited February 2016
    I'm relocating a request from the Build Mode Feedback thread to this thread, which is to enable us to span multiple levels with windows without a graphics glitch. Right now, trying to span levels with a window looks like this:
    windowspan_zpsaioe7lvd.jpg
    We'd like to have the glass stay clear throughout the length of the entire window.
    Another request relocated from the Build Mode Feedback thread. Please let us place computers and other small appliances on the ground or other non-designated surfaces when we have bb.moveobjects turned on.
    New MOO related bug to report. When placing certain windows off wall, they will pop up in height when the build is placed on a lot from ones library. I first noticed this with my Tiny Blues build. It used to look like this (note the position of the top window):
    tbokay_zpstjtx7pya.jpg

But while working on some unrelated revisions to it, I discovered it was now placing like this:
    tbnotokay_zps83nmgcoh.jpg

At first, I thought it might be related to the roofing, but it turns out to be more elemental.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Turn bb.moveobjects on
    2. Place any window(s) from the list below on the ground on a freshly bulldozed lot (just to keep other variables out of the picture)
    3. Save the lot to your library
    4. Place the lot from your library back onto the current lot
    5. You will see that the windows are no longer resting on the ground; their height has been elevated

This problem causes windows placed between roof walls or on the edge of roof walls to pop up unexpectedly. This did not happen in the past, and as it does not happen for all windows, it seems like a possibly unintended bug that I hope will get fixed. Ideally, the behavior we'd expect would be for the windows to stay in the positions we place them whether on wall or off.

List of affected windows:
    • Modern Awning
    • Short Classic Casement
    • Square on Square
    • Light Box Window
    • Octopane
    • Classic Casement
    • Mega Window
    • Mega Window (Budget Deluxe)
    • Pessimist's Porthole
    • Mega Window (Cloverleaf)
    • Mega Window (Budget DeLite)
    • The Woodcutter's Window
    • Farmyard Window
    • Bunker Bather
    • Double Hung Window
    • Almost Secure Safety Window
    • The Peacock
    • Shutter To Think
    • Energy King
    • TriPane Three-Panel Window
    • Porthole Peeper
    • Suburban Outlook
    • Mega Window (Double Grand) - minimal
    • Bonjour Soleil Arch - minimal
    • Mega Window (Double Deluxe)
    • Mega Window (Double Budget DeLite)
    • Basic Bay Window
    • Bay-utiful Designs
    • Double Vision
    • Tete-a-Tete
    • Mega Window (Deluxe)
    • Mega Window (Shutter)
    • Mega Window (Reverse Shutter)
    Testing Results for 3/22/16 patch.

Issues Fixed:
    • 12/14/15 - When placing plants and columns near each other using bb.moveobjects, you must place the columns after the plants or the columns will disappear when the lot is placed with bb.moveobjects turned off.
    • Placing gates with bb.moveobjects on can cause graphical corruption (when you hover the gate over fencing, the fencing disappears until you exit and reload the game (see pgs 11 and 14)
    • 2/3/16 - Get Together Lei-Up House Flowers, Ye Olde Universitee Ivy, and Oh Hanging Maple Leaves placed against/intersecting objects with bb.moveobjects will cause those objects to be deleted if the lot is placed with bb.moveobjects off.

We didn't actually have one issue listed that they mentioned in the patch notes: "Mooving a room that has moo'd objects within it, will no longer incorrectly reset or place in inventory, the moo’d moved objects," but I just tested it and can verify that it looks like moving a room with MOO'd objects will work properly.

One issue they addressed as fixed in the patch notes actually is not fixed: "Using moo, to moove wall objects that have a "preferred" height (wall book shelves, mirrors), will no longer reset their position when picking them up from their new moo position." Shelves are still popping up to their preferred position, and while mirrors and book shelves aren't "jumping" up, they are incrementing upward slightly every time you pick them up. Also, objects MOO'd off wall are still immediately dropping from their elevated position when picked up.
    Bringing over an older issue from the BFM thread, since it is related specifically to MOO: Windowbox décor objects (in the Indoor Plants category) placed outside and not against a wall (via MOO) drop to ground level when placing the lot from the library/gallery, even though they have not been height adjusted (their default height is elevated).
    edited May 2016
    Adding a fascinating case from this AHQ thread. If you place Party Cove by @joolster on a 40x30 lot where the width is 40 (The Roadster in Magnolia Promenade, Cacti Casa in Oasis Springs, Garden Essence in Willow Creek) with bb.moveobjects turned on, several objects are shifted on the lot. In particular some rugs and trees are moved way across the lot from their original positions. Stairs also go missing and are shifted, but this happens whether MOO is on or off, so I am not focusing on the stairs in this thread (and we have discussed disappearing stairs a good bit already on the Build Mode Feedback thread). If you place the same build on the same lots with bb.moveobjects turned off, the objects retain their positions. I have rarely seen a case like this where having MOO on for placement causes more problems than having it off. It's easily reproducible, so I hope the devs will have a look.

Placement with MOO off:
    jools1_zps0bwqzuid.jpg

Placement with MOO on:
    jools2_zpsfb7hwvro.jpg

Edit: Note that we originally had a similar issue with objects shifting that were placed inside rooms when builds were placed with bb.moveobjects on. That bug had been fixed back in May of 2015. This may or may not be related, but this particular case involves an outdoor lot, and the objects shifting were not placed within a room. AHQ report.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2016
    Thank you Sooo much @BryonyRae for your continued dedication, help and guidance with all the build mode and Moo issues. o:) It is greatly appreciated. Building can get frustrating at times, especially if you love to use Moo. (probably too much in my case).
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    You're very welcome @treece01. :)

Everyone: the patch today (6/2/16) does not make any mention of MOO fixes, so I am not planning to do any extensive testing. However, if you notice a new fix or bug related to MOO, please do post it here, and I'll take a look.