Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    > @Sterretjeee said:
    > sims4eva wrote: »
    >
    > I feel like Rose has the insane trait!!! I love your story, by the way. I want to write stories if I ever get a membership, and yours actually inspired me to finally quit being a silent reader!
    >
    > I ship Rue!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I can tell you, Rose isn't insane :D
    > She just keeps shooting Blue down for no reason, she's okay with flirting but wants him to hold his horses on anything else.
    >
    > Amazing that my story inspired you to quit silent reading! I actually was like you before, and decided to show my favorite authors my appreciation. I hope you'll have your membership soon and don't forget to give me a head ups when you first post your new story. o:)

I have sims who do that all the time- it's sad that Rose and Blue ended up like that, though! Thanks for the matchmaker tip on Malcolm and Yuki- I had a game save where I was pairing all the pre-mades together and trying to make a world solely out of their kids! However, I messed up a few times with Don Lotharios many relationships and adding in only half of the trailer people and then Get Together came out and I NEEDED those fabulous pre-mades. So I gave up :neutral: . It looks like that's another story I want to write if I ever get a membership, so holding off might me a good idea, though.

J is such a cute elder, too! I totally fangirled when I saw him and then I went back and read your reply and it was like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them's release if you get where I'm coming from as a Harry Potter fanfreak. Ravenclaw forever!
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Wow, I know Blue was kind of drunk, but he really messed up on that one. He could've at least let her respond before completely denouncing their friendship! :D

First time trying juice :D

sims4eva wrote: »

I have sims who do that all the time- it's sad that Rose and Blue ended up like that, though! Thanks for the matchmaker tip on Malcolm and Yuki- I had a game save where I was pairing all the pre-mades together and trying to make a world solely out of their kids! However, I messed up a few times with Don Lotharios many relationships and adding in only half of the trailer people and then Get Together came out and I NEEDED those fabulous pre-mades. So I gave up :neutral: . It looks like that's another story I want to write if I ever get a membership, so holding off might me a good idea, though.

J is such a cute elder, too! I totally fangirled when I saw him and then I went back and read your reply and it was like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them's release if you get where I'm coming from as a Harry Potter fanfreak. Ravenclaw forever!

Just keep posting comments and you'll get there eventually ;)

I'm really looking forward to that movie though, I grew up with watching Harry (and can't remember half of the movies because of my young age back then) and this particular one really speaks to me :blush:
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2016
    Just read through the first seven chapters (how handy that you recently implemented the Table of Contents on the first page hehe). I love this! The way you wrote the falling out between Avery and J was very believable to me, and so heartbreaking to read. I hope they make up in the future.

Definitely gonna catch up on the other chapters tomorrow! Awesome story :)
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Just read through the first seven chapters (how handy that you recently implemented the Table of Contents on the first page hehe). I love this! The way you wrote the falling out between Avery and J was very believable to me, and so heartbreaking to read. I hope they make up in the future.

Definitely gonna catch up on the other chapters tomorrow! Awesome story :)

Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad that you love my story and it's always nice to hear thoughts on previous chapters :blush:
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Just caught all up! J is cute as an elder! I'm so happy they finally got back together, and are a little family now! The trip to Granite Falls (well, the second one!) was really sweet. And this last party! lol! Blue trying juice for the first time was just too funny. Good to learn the consequences of drinking too much now, the filter between your brain and mouth cuts off, making things too freeflowing! lol! He's only a teen, so it'll be interesting to see how his relationships move forward in the future!
    sabreene wrote: »
    Just caught all up! J is cute as an elder! I'm so happy they finally got back together, and are a little family now! The trip to Granite Falls (well, the second one!) was really sweet. And this last party! lol! Blue trying juice for the first time was just too funny. Good to learn the consequences of drinking too much now, the filter between your brain and mouth cuts off, making things too freeflowing! lol! He's only a teen, so it'll be interesting to see how his relationships move forward in the future!

Awesome you caught up! I always love hearing opinions on older chapters o:)
    As for Blue! I can't wait to play him when he's an adult! He's really close to aging up and then more 'permanent' choices will have to be made :blush:
    edited February 2016
    1.28 Little birthday boy Phantom

27_1_16_16_37_46.png

"Sssh, Phantom's still asleep." Quietly Avery shut the door again. "I'm going to make the cake, you guys take care of the decorations!" She kissed her husband and eldest son on the cheek and then they all went downstairs.

27_1_16_16_39_36.png

Avery still had to dress up, but first she'd make a cake. Phantom had asked for a burger like cake and she did her best to create one. All these different colours and structures were hard to maintain, but she managed.

27_1_16_16_39_54.png

She heard a few soft footsteps behind her. "Boooh!" Phantom said, and Avery pretended she was scared. Almost dropping the bowl. "It's my birthday!" Phantom smiled. "And I see you're making the cake already! When are the guests coming?" Avery smiled. "Just two more hours, sweetie."

27_1_16_17_04_56.png

The hours flew by and before Phantom knew it he was hugging Fleur. After playing together a few more times they had finally learned each other's names.

27_1_16_17_06_47.png

Nova was next in line for congratulating the birthday boy. She was an elder herself, just like Jameson. But whenever she interacted with her sisters kids she felt young again. Like they were her own.

27_1_16_17_08_00.png

"Nova..." Avery smiled at her sister. "I'm so glad you came!" Avery was sincerely happy to see Nova, but it was confronting to see the old age creeping in her sisters face. She was not ready to lose her too. So she pulled her in a hug for a long time!

27_1_16_17_06_58.png

"So, you're the famous Blue..." Iris, the younger sister of Olivia had just celebrated her own birthday too. "Olivia always cracks up when talking about you!" Iris smiled friendly. "Your brother is really something too, can't believe she never mentioned him. And that while they're both such goofballs!"

27_1_16_17_08_40.png

"I'm going to blow out the candles, everyone!" Slowly people started gathering around the table. A beautiful burger cake on top. "I wish!" Phantom started, but suddenly stopped. "I'm not saying it out loud!" He giggled. "Then it won't come true!"

27_1_16_17_09_14.png

And with that he blew out the candles.

27_1_16_17_09_34.png

Around him his mother sang an awkward birthday song and his brother blew a horn. Even Iris dropped some confetti in the background.

27_1_16_17_09_57.png

"Weird... I don't feel older at all!" Phantom said. He then reached out to his throat. "Only my voice's a little more husky." His mother smiled at him. "Yes, that. And the fact that you'll be attending high school soon." She kissed his forehead.

27_1_16_17_26_03.png

People danced on the music and laughed together. The party was now really getting started. Phantom himself, however, preferred to be in silence right now. He walked to the yard and sat down at the chess table. Not aware that he was being followed.

27_1_16_17_28_01.png

Across of him Fleur sat down and next to him Nova stood with a piece of cake. Fleur started meddling with the pieces, not paying attention to Phantom. But Nova made conversation. "Prefer to be alone, handsome?" She had a friendly smile. "Yeah, I suddenly don't feel like hanging with the big crowd anymore. Prefer being with the people who are close to me." Nova hugged him. "Some people have that." She said. "And it's nothing bad, I think it's better. Just that you know, as long as I'm still here I'll be a listening ear." Phantom smiled. "Thanks, Nova."

27_1_16_17_18_44.png

Handsome (not so) little Phantom! I adore his looks. His mouth is in a permanent smile and he has these big Bambi eyes. He reminds me so much of Avery!
    His childhood trait was goofball and he gained the trait loner from his teenage birthday. If he isn't heir, his aspiration will be chief of mischief, which fits his goofball personality. He's also mentally gifted, from finishing his childhood aspiration.
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited February 2016
    Phantom is such a wonderful young man <3 he really got more from Avery. I love your update espasialy because I just finished a 5 hours maths test :disappointed: So it was wonderful to read your chapter and relax. On the evening is party time yay it is the end of my school semester. It will be fun tomorrow with all my hangover classmates :D
    Marialein wrote: »
    Phantom is such a wonderful young man <3 he really got more from Avery. I love your update espasialy because I just finished a 5 hours maths test :disappointed: So it was wonderful to read your chapter and relax. On the evening is party time yay it is the end of my school semester. It will be fun tomorrow with all my hangover classmates :D

Glad to hear that! 5 hours! That's such a long time! The longest exams I have, are 3 hours max!
    Congrats on ending this semester! Relax a little now ;)
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @Sterretjeee I wish I could but I have to finish my cookbook for school. But I have one week time with hopefully daily updates ;)
    @Sterretjeee I wish I could but I have to finish my cookbook for school. But I have one week time with hopefully daily updates ;)

Writing can be relaxing too o:)
    Okay, all caught up! This story is awesome =) There are a lot of small details you've included in your story that I don't see in a lot of other legacy-type stories, like giving birthday presents, planning a proposal, and wedding vows. I love that you included those. It really immersed me into your characters' lives!

So sad to see Rose being so wishy-washy with Blue :( His drunken outrage at her was awesome though hehe. I'm really glad I caught up in time for the heir vote!
    Okay, all caught up! This story is awesome =) There are a lot of small details you've included in your story that I don't see in a lot of other legacy-type stories, like giving birthday presents, planning a proposal, and wedding vows. I love that you included those. It really immersed me into your characters' lives!

So sad to see Rose being so wishy-washy with Blue :( His drunken outrage at her was awesome though hehe. I'm really glad I caught up in time for the heir vote!

Great that you caught up! Thank you so much! I guess that's my playing style, I get a little too attached to my sims and find they deserve those little pleasures :D
    You're just in time for the heir vote! It will be posted tomorrow!
    edited February 2016
    1.29 HEIR VOTE

27_1_16_17_28_31.png

It was the evening after Phantom's birthday. Jameson held Avery's hands and smiled at her. "I'll be gone to work within an hour, but you can do this. I believe in you!" She smiled. "Thank you so much. I'm nervous." Softly he kissed her cheek. "Don't be, you're an amazing mom. They'll understand." Avery stared at her feet. "I just don't want to disappoint either of them." She said. Jameson took her chin and lifted it up. "They won't be, we know our boys." Right then Blue and Phantom walked in, they knew what was to come. "Boys." Avery smiled at them, a little sadness lingering in her eyes. "Please sit down, we have something to discuss."

27_1_16_17_32_10.png

As all four of them sat down Jameson took the word. "Dear sons of mine, I really wish I could be here during the conversation you're about to have. But sadly I have to work. I just want you to know that your mother and I both love you very much. And that will never change, whatever the outcome of this conversation is." He then stood up and left. Leaving Avery to take the word.

27_1_16_17_33_14.png

"As you both know, years ago I started an agreement to build Newcrest. This is a huge task and has a lot of requirements. As soon as we're allowed to move, I will build a park on this very lot. In this agreement, I started a legacy. After discussing for hours we came to the compromise that my offspring will continue to build Newcrest. That means one of you after me, and one of your children after you. You are free to build anything to your likings, as long as you fit the requirements. You should know that this may take years and isn't as easy as it sounds. Yet it isn't only negative. It's also a huge learning process and gives a lot of satisfaction."

27_1_16_17_34_51.png

"I've pondered a lot about who to choose as my heir, you both equally have your talents and strengths. But before I burden any of you I would like to ask whether one of you doesn't want to take over this legacy at all." Avery looked at her boys in anticipation. If only one of them objected, that would make it so much easier for her, but they both stayed quiet. "No?" She asked. Both shook their heads. "Well, let's move on then."

27_1_16_18_11_05.png

"Blue, you are my first born. Almost eighteen now and already shared so much wisdom. Early in your childhood I recognized myself in your creativeness. Always inspired and tense when you didn't get to express yourself. But beside that you also aspired to be a whizkid. You worked your bottom of at school and went to high school with straight A's AND an official declaration of being mentally gifted. When you went to high school, this made you aspire to be perfect. A true perfectionist. Once again you climbed the ladder at school and brought back A's on your reports. Now we talked about the legacy before. You told me that if I wouldn't choose you, you would like to aspire to be a nerd brain. You are a quick learner because of that. I know that if I choose you, I won't regret it. I love you very much."

Blue Jameson Grace:
    Traits: Creative, Mentally gifted (childhood aspiration), Perfectionist
    Aspiration if not chosen heir: Nerd Brain (Bonus trait: Quick learner)

27_1_16_18_10_52.png

"Phantom, my youngest child. Just turned into a teenager and with such a bright future ahead of you. When I first held you in my arms I was completely smitten, you grew up to be such a funny kid and always joked around. A real goofball! Even though your brother is much older than you, you still looked up to him. He was your big example. Following in his footsteps also you received a declaration of being mentally gifted on a young age. All because just like him you aspired to be a nerd brain. Last week summer started and you left your school as a straight A's student. Believe me if I say I have no doubt that you'll have those exact same grades when you start high school. You've grown into such a handsome young man, already so mature. Don't think I didn't see you sneak out for some fresh air, there is no shame in appreciating being alone. This evening before our conversation you told me that if not chosen as heir, you'd like to be 'a chief of mischief'. As you jokingly called it. If I choose you for the legacy I know you'll try your best to follow in my footsteps, just like you did with your brother. I love you."

Phantom Hugo Grace:
    Traits: Goofball, Mentally gifted (childhood aspiration), Loner
    Aspiration: Chief of mischief (Bonus trait: Dastardly)

27_1_16_17_34_38.png

"Like your dad said, no matter whom I choose. I still love you both very and equally as much. I would trust you both with this in the blink of an eye, and if I could change the contract I signed years ago I would. But I can't and I have to choose one of you to follow in my footsteps. And I choose:...

A/N Know that whomever is chosen will receive the aspiration: Big Happy Family. According to the rules I will be allowed to choose the third trait the children receive myself. Those before have been rolled with a special legacy trait generator.

Voting ended February eleventh

Post edited by Sterretjeee on
    Voted! It was a tough decision :cry:

How long are you going to leave the poll open? :)
    Voted! It was a tough decision :cry:

How long are you going to leave the poll open? :)

It will close before February eleventh. Can't tell you the exact time, because of the different time zones and such :D
    I love both boys but I made my decision :)

Great! Thank you! :blush:
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Just voted! Can't wait to see who wins!
    Just voted! Can't wait to see who wins!

Thank you so much!
  • SamiNY623SamiNY623 Posts: 128 Member
    Just voted myself! For me the choice wasn't so hard :smiley:
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
  • sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    I voted! And... I'm a MEMBER
    SamiNY623 wrote: »
    Just voted myself! For me the choice wasn't so hard :smiley:

Thank you so much! You must have a favorite then ;)
    Voted! I can't wait to see who wins! :)

Thank you! Me neither! :lol:
    sims4eva wrote: »
    I voted! And... I'm a MEMBER

Thanks so much! And congratulations! :blush:

• anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Voted. Now to wait for the results. :)